HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Strange As It May Seem, Toffoli’s Play w/out The Puck Might Be Key To Staying w/LA

Old
12-19-2013, 10:50 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Strange As It May Seem, Toffoli’s Play w/out The Puck Might Be Key To Staying w/LA

Strange As It May Seem, Tyler Toffoli’s Play Without The Puck Might Be Key To Staying With LA Kings

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 11:19 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Strange? That is common theme with young skill players. At least within the Kings organization..

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Bandit

Good thing, because he's been pretty quiet the last few games on the offensive side of the puck.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it alludes to Toffoli's ticket to the NHL was reputably his shot and play when the puck came to him, but he's been making smart plays and taking good positions on the ice even in those games where he rarely touches the puck.

I agree, that's not strange in the KINGS organization...but elsewhere...

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 12:46 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Good thing, because he's been pretty quiet the last few games on the offensive side of the puck.
It's been three games since his last point, and I can see him and Richards still getting shots on net, just not anything to show for it. Last game, Richards and him had 10 minutes even strength of ice time and Lewis as their left wing. And it looks like it'll be the same tonight, too. It's hard to create much offense with an anchor on your line.

The fact they'd even consider send this kid down again after how good he's been is a joke. He belongs in the NHL.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 12:57 PM
santiclaws

Last game he made a couple of nice plays in the defensive zone. I don't think he's going anywhere.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 01:08 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
I think it alludes to Toffoli's ticket to the NHL was reputably his shot and play when the puck came to him, but he's been making smart plays and taking good positions on the ice even in those games where he rarely touches the puck.

I agree, that's not strange in the KINGS organization...but elsewhere...
The reference is because people think his puck skills and scoring ability are the biggest factors in his potential success, when his play without the puck is just as important.

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 06:33 PM
KingsCorona

Oh, I'm certain of it. Everyone figured he would get his offensive shots in -- and he has, even when he doesn't get points out of it. But I remember reading an interview where he noted that the biggest difference between the NHL and AHL was that no one is ever out of position. He appears to have worked hard on that aspect of his game, and it has really showed. He is in the right places at the right times to get to pucks along the boards and I can't recall any glaring mistakes he has made defensively, which is pretty outstanding for a rookie forward.

KingsCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Pucknut50

Well since his biggest weakness is probably skating with the puck it makes all the sense in the world. Tyler strength is his shot and vision.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Gannah Barbera!

Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote