HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Preds Talk Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2013, 01:10 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I know mistakes were made. But shouldn't Trotz be more worried about the fact that we again scored only one goal? You don't win too many games scoring one goal.
It's never his fault. It's always the players.

Old
12-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Well, there you have it. Via SLake's twitter, Bourque is in for Wilson. We're back to him being scratched.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, just...wow. If I was Wilson, I'd want out.
That would be fine, I'm ready for him to go. 24 years old, 5th season, still making stupid mistakes, still failing to find a consistent work level game in game out, and still failing to find anything resembling consistency in his production. Take out his 4 point game v Colorado and he's, what, 11 in 31? Time to turn the page.

Old
12-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
That would be fine, I'm ready for him to go. 24 years old, 5th season, still making stupid mistakes, still failing to find a consistent work level game in game out, and still failing to find anything resembling consistency in his production. Take out his 4 point game v Colorado and he's, what, 11 in 31? Time to turn the page.
Another of Poile's failures to draft scoring.

Old
12-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Another of Poile's failures to draft scoring.
I'd say more developing him than drafting him. Wilson went right where he was supposed to, what he's done since being drafted is cause for concern. We need to change something if we want to find and develop a player that will score at least 50 points. It's pathetic, one of our only top ten picks and we're wasting him.

Old
12-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Top 6 Spaling

At what point does it stop being the players' fault and start being the coaches?

Old
12-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
At what point does it stop being the players' fault and start being the coaches?
legitimate question ... I'd say oh I don't know, after 10 years the first year we made the playoffs + 10 ... we approach that this summer, I'd be fine with ownership throwing both Poile & Trotz out on their *****

Old
12-18-2013, 04:46 PM
NoNecksCurse

damn wilson scratched? this organization and forwards will make you want to pick up the bottle and never set it down

Old
12-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Well, there you have it. Via SLake's twitter, Bourque is in for Wilson. We're back to him being scratched.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, just...wow. If I was Wilson, I'd want out.
Lines this morning were:
Nystrom - Fisher - Stalberg
Bourque - Cullen - Smith
Spaling - Legwand - Hornqvist
Clune - Gaustad - Hendricks

Wilson centered a fifth line with Bourque and Forsberg - who was sent to Milwaukee after practice.

Old
12-18-2013, 05:29 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

It is one thing to get beat by a better team when they outwork you, but when you play as dumb as Wilson has, maybe watching from up high will help him refocus. IMO the right move.

Old
12-18-2013, 05:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Essentially what I said on Twitter this morning:

Colin Wilson has undeniable skill. I think in many systems, he could be a very good offensive producer. His issue is that he's dumb as a rock. You can actually SEE him thinking on the ice. He's trying so hard to figure out what he's supposed to do and what is expected of him that it's causing him to make a lot of boneheaded decisions. If he's going to succeed, it's going to be playing a more "instinct" based game, and "defensive instincts" aren't included in his toolbox.

You could basically extrapolate all of the above to Craig Smith, as well.

It's kind of a shame, but it's nothing new. This is always how Trotz has run his teams.

Old
12-18-2013, 06:03 PM
NoNecksCurse

let's just face it.. we suck when it comes to forwards that... score. wilson has been disappointing. smith is (as byrddog said) a polished turd. i was wrong and he was completely right.

Old
12-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Essentially what I said on Twitter this morning:

Colin Wilson has undeniable skill. I think in many systems, he could be a very good offensive producer. His issue is that he's dumb as a rock. You can actually SEE him thinking on the ice. He's trying so hard to figure out what he's supposed to do and what is expected of him that it's causing him to make a lot of boneheaded decisions. If he's going to succeed, it's going to be playing a more "instinct" based game, and "defensive instincts" aren't included in his toolbox.

You could basically extrapolate all of the above to Craig Smith, as well.

It's kind of a shame, but it's nothing new. This is always how Trotz has run his teams.
exactly why he has to go.

Old
12-18-2013, 06:47 PM
hockey diva

Wilson is not going to be successful here, that much is obvious. Can we get something for him?

Trotz and Poile both need to go. Soon..

Old
12-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Only in Nashville ....

12-18-2013, 09:17 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Only in Nashville ....
You know I have expressed my frustration this year. But I think there is a legitimate question about whether certain players can succeed in the type of systems Trotz is going to run. Forwards MUST be able to think on the ice and decide within the framework of that system. This is not the only coach who works like this, plenty of others do. But you have some guys who adapt to the players they get, and others who expect the players to adapt. Maybe that is what is going on with guys like Wilson and Smith. And why other players can come here and succeed but go elsewhere and sputter.

Old
12-18-2013, 10:41 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Wilson is scratched, and Nystrom is our top line LW.

That basically sums Trotz up in a nutshell.

Old
12-18-2013, 11:21 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The Preds have 16 ROW ... good for 11th in the league as of right now. Unfortunately, the ROWs aren't accompanied by any shootout wins and very few OTL points. Only four teams have fewer OTLs ... we're tied for last in OT/SO wins ... for the most part if this team doesn't lead going into the third (one of two teams without a win when trailing after two ... CHI and WSH lead the league with five wins when down after 40 mins).

The team is somehow in the mix when comparing wins in 60 minutes of play ... the same number of regulation wins as the Kings, one less than the Sharks, seven more than the Caps who have an amazing ten wins in OT/SO games. The Preds just aren't keeping the losses tight enough to get to OT for that one guaranteed point with a chance to steal a win.

Old
12-19-2013, 10:49 AM
preds1

vCash: 605
Quote:

I do like Nystrom. But yeah, pretty much this....... ^

Old
12-19-2013, 08:07 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:

Nystrom has six goals, Wilson has five… doesn't sound like a horrible mistake to me

I think the time has passed for acting like Wilson is anything but a brick headed bust…

Old
12-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I don't know that that is a fair comparison. Wilson isn't just a goal scorer. He is a playmaker and offensive creator. Nystrom pretty much scores dirty goals and provides little else off on offense. I would wager that nystrom might have more toi and possibly even offensive zone time as well. He certainly isn't getting scratched.

Old
12-19-2013, 09:57 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I don't know that that is a fair comparison. Wilson isn't just a goal scorer. He is a playmaker and offensive creator. Nystrom pretty much scores dirty goals and provides little else off on offense. I would wager that nystrom might have more toi and possibly even offensive zone time as well. He certainly isn't getting scratched.
well if Wilson is a playmaker then we are hosed because we have no scorers for him to set up..

the Polished Turd crapped in a couple tonight, and all his supporters will cry "hallelujah"…. and then like Punxatawney Phil he will disappear back down his hole for a few weeks…

its becoming clear that we have hitched our offensive wagon to a bunch of stone handed mules and over the hill plow pullers , and there is not a thoroughbred in the bunch...

Old
12-19-2013, 10:02 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

This team used to fight hard to get back into games and could come back to at least tie a game if not win it. This season, that is lacking. No wins when trailing after two periods. We're not getting pucks on the net when down in the third.

The work ethic this team depended on is fading away. As it does, the justification for changes behind the bench grows.

Old
12-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
This team used to fight hard to get back into games and could come back to at least tie a game if not win it. This season, that is lacking. No wins when trailing after two periods. We're not getting pucks on the net when down in the third.

The work ethic this team depended on is fading away. As it does, the justification for changes behind the bench grows.
*cough* Poile did a hell of a job upgrading the offense this summer with all the #grit he brought in *cough*

Old
12-19-2013, 11:02 PM
hockey diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post

Some of the blame goes to the "leadership" group as well. I don't see anyone leading out there.

Old
12-19-2013, 11:03 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
*cough* Poile did a hell of a job upgrading the offense this summer with all the #grit he brought in *cough*
You might want to seek help for that cough.

The league has around 120-130 20+ scorers per season .. about four per team on average. We have more guys that that who are capable of surpassing that plateau. The issue is they aren't exhibiting the drive game in, game out. When they get down, few beyond Hornqvist are showing any fire every shift. Talent is meaningless when not applied ... and the application isn't there too often. As I've said for years, Trotz won't go until he loses the room ... that might be happening now.

Closed Thread