HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Too bad the feed didn't cut out earlier - Habs lose 5-1

Old
12-19-2013, 10:06 PM
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I was in high school when the Habs won the cup..
I hope to see another cup in my lifetime.

905tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
"As far as I'm concerned, nobody showed up to play tonight. Nobody. We didn't want to pay the price to succeed, with the expected results. We need way better work ethic. Real dissapointed. Really hard to explain. The only time we've worked was on the penalty kill." - MT
Whose fault is it numb nuts that your team was not prepared to play?

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Draft

Our last twelve games have been quite bad.

In the last six - Two blowouts, two losses to AHL teams, two wins we didn't deserve.

Obviously a bit of an exaggeration but really, we've been bad.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:08 PM
sheed36

Quote:
"As far as I'm concerned, nobody showed up to play tonight. Nobody. We didn't want to pay the price to succeed, with the expected results. We need way better work ethic. Real dissapointed. Really hard to explain. The only time we've worked was on the penalty kill." - MT

That's a coach calling out his players... let's see what happens on Saturday.
Can't disagree with even one thing he said there.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Wow....the Habs are about as far from a grinding team as you can get. LA is a grinding team....Habs are.....I don't know what the **** they are.
We're not suited for a grinding style of play, no. We're also not suited for firewagon hockey either. If we cough up 2-1s trying to emulate the Capitals under Boudreau, we'd also get destroyed. This team is incomplete, simple as that.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jaffy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
The munchkins have already fallen
Have they!!....it's just hard tell if they're standing or laying on account of them being so so short

jaffy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Gionta leaves and we still have DD/Briere/Gallagher with Andrighetto/Hudon/Thomas/Lehkonen etc. coming up. Midgets forever!
Collberg, Dumont, Reway, lollllllllllllll

And the usual apologists here pointing to the 3 big guys we drafted in 2013. Traded Kristo for an even smaller player. MB working his way to be the next captain of the Costa Concordia.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
domdo345

To anyone wanting to blame Emelin like the twitter medias are doing, please rewatch the game and stop looking at stats.

First goal - Offensive set-up for the faceoff with diaz low where the center and the winger didn't hold on to their guys, 2 vs 1. Perfect pass and an even better shot by Steen. Can you blame him for not stopping a 2 vs 1 for god's sake?

Second goal - Diaz has full possession of the puck and shoots it right on the shin pads of a Blues player, 3 vs 2 where the forwards are far from the play. They double on Emelin's side using a trailer. Perfect shot. Had he been 6'9 like Chara, he might have been able to go stick to stick but no such luck there. Diaz fault once again.

Third goal - DD has a puck rolling along the boards in our zone and let's it go (seemed to me like he was scared of getting hit). Puck stays in our end and Patches fails to pick up Stewart in the slot. Forward's mistake.

Fourth goal - Bad decision by Markov to pinch in the neutral zone. He was once again flat footed and was caught in a no mans land. Another 2 vs 1 where the shot beats Price.

Didn't see the Lapierre's goal but jesus I really wonder how some people in the media are respected in the hockey world when they can't even analyse the game properly. Everyone played poorly and Emelin/Price where the victimes of several mistakes.

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We play a style that is suited for bigger players. Reason why they're done at mid-season.
lol...i never watched habs 24/7 ever....last night flipping the channel,there it was Therrien yelling at the team..telling them to stop being something there not..... telling them not to play pretty....and stop playing pretty.....he was telling his players there a team of "GRINDERS" he said......that's our style Therrien said.

I watch 20 seconds and flipped the channel .....

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aingaran View Post
I was in high school when the Habs won the cup..
I hope to see another cup in my lifetime.
I saw plenty of cups after 1993. Went to Blainville to see Giguère...went to Lachine to see Lapointe....went to Châteauguay to see Crawford....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
To anyone wanting to blame Emelin like the twitter medias are doing, please rewatch the game and stop looking at stats.

First goal - Offensive set-up for the faceoff with diaz low where the center and the winger didn't hold on to their guys, 2 vs 1. Perfect pass and an even better shot by Steen. Can you blame him for not stopping a 2 vs 1 for god's sake?

Second goal - Diaz has full possession of the puck and shoots it right on the shin pads of a Blues player, 3 vs 2 where the forwards are far from the play. They double on Emelin's side using a trailer. Perfect shot. Had he been 6'9 like Chara, he might have been able to go stick to stick but no such luck there. Diaz fault once again.

Third goal - DD has a puck rolling along the boards in our zone and let's it go (seemed to me like he was scared of getting hit). Puck stays in our end and Patches fails to pick up Stewart in the slot. Forward's mistake.

Fourth goal - Bad decision by Markov to pinch in the neutral zone. He was once again flat footed and was caught in a no mans land. Another 2 vs 1 where the shot beats Price.

Didn't see the Lapierre's goal but jesus I really wonder how some people in the media are respected in the hockey world when they can't even analyse the game properly. Everyone played poorly and Emelin/Price where the victimes of several mistakes.
+/- is a terrible stat for determining individual performance because too many variables influence that number.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well that's the other rant. But the one I'm tallking about is pretty funny too...

I'm amazed he didn't swear once.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
We're not suited for a grinding style of play, no. We're also not suited for firewagon hockey either. If we cough up 2-1s trying to emulate the Capitals under Boudreau, we'd also get destroyed. This team is incomplete, simple as that.
We can control the play more and play closer to one another in our zone to help our transition game better. Give more freedom to our forwards to create things. Encourage creativity.
But the lines need to be changed as well. They just have to.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:13 PM
dutchy29

didn't see a lot of heart out there early on, no urgency in our game to compete. Its scary when we rely on great goal-tending to keep us in the games against weak opponents and we manage to win 3-1 then when ever we face a good team ex. Kings or Blues we just look like an AHL team. Anyways hope we get the next one. ole

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Milhouse40

What in the HELL is going on????

Therrien have been broken good effective top 2 lines since the beginning of the season.
Kid's line : GONE
Bournival-Plek-Gio: GONE
Briere-Plek-Gio: GONE
Pacioretty-Briere-Bourque (for 1 period): GONE

But wait, we've scored 6 goals in the last 6 games (most of them on the PP and one empty net) and NOW he.ll just wait and see. He seemed just happy to saw his buddy DD getting somepoints???? NOW he won't change his top 2 line and stick with it for the first time of the season.

Desharnais: 4:17 on the PP

And Therrien just said his PP was the only good part of the game....lol. He put DD's line on the first wave in each of the PP tonight and produce NOTHING.....the PP started to struggle in hte last 10 games....but hee keeps putting the same guys out.
NOW he will stick with that line up!!

God it's frustrating

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:15 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:

That's a coach calling out his players... let's see what happens on Saturday.
Someone needs to tell Therrien that the Habs look like they are on a penalty kill for 60 minutes.

We are great at firing the puck out of zone to end possession and we do not have puck pressure when we are in our offensive zone.

PK all game long.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Andy

OUCH!

Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford 30s
Quote:
Noting Halak's success against Montreal, Hitch said "On the road, we're going to play the Montreal Oilers and the Montreal Flames" #stlblues
OUCH!

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:16 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
What in the HELL is going on????

Therrien have been broken good effective top 2 lines since the beginning of the season.
Kid's line : GONE
Bournival-Plek-Gio: GONE
Briere-Plek-Gio: GONE
Pacioretty-Briere-Bourque (for 1 period): GONE

But wait, we've scored 6 goals in the last 6 games (most of them on the PP and one empty net) and NOW he.ll just wait and see. He seemed just happy to saw his buddy DD getting somepoints???? NOW he won't change his top 2 line and stick with it for the first time of the season.

Desharnais: 4:17 on the PP

And Therrien just said his PP was the only good part of the game....lol. He put DD's line on the first wave in each of the PP tonight and produce NOTHING.....the PP started to struggle in hte last 10 games....but hee keeps putting the same guys out.
NOW he will stick with that line up!!

God it's frustrating
He said the PK was the only good thing, not the PP. But yes, Therrien didn't show up to coach tonight either.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
OUCH!

Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford 30s

OUCH!
Somebody should tweet this to Geoff Molson, for ***** and giggles.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:18 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
lol...i never watched habs 24/7 ever....last night flipping the channel,there it was Therrien yelling at the team..telling them to stop being something there not..... telling them not to play pretty....and stop playing pretty.....he was telling his players there a team of "GRINDERS" he said......that's our style Therrien said.

I watch 20 seconds and flipped the channel .....
if u want to grind out wins you might want players bigger than 5'8"

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:18 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Someone needs to tell Therrien that the Habs look like they are on a penalty kill for 60 minutes.
...someone needs to tell Therrien to get the pluck out and go back to RDS...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:19 PM
NewHabsEra*

Glad I hadnt to watch that crap..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
...someone needs to tell Therrien to get the pluck out and go back to RDS...
I heard they do have job openings.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

We are great at firing the puck out of zone to end possession and we do not have puck pressure when we are in our offensive zone.

PK all game long.
Southern,

try to catch the clip from Habs 24/7 last night..i think it was during the Boston game or Sabres game,during intermission Therrien yelling at his team telling them to stop being who there not...He told the team there a GRINDER TEAM.."THAT's OUR STYLE" NOT A PRETTY FINESSE TEAM.......

this was during the winning streak!!!! lol

been all down hill since eh????

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Collberg, Dumont, Reway, lollllllllllllll

And the usual apologists here pointing to the 3 big guys we drafted in 2013. Traded Kristo for an even smaller player. MB working his way to be the next captain of the Costa Concordia.
Lets be real.

TIMMINS is the man who has been drafting undersized 3rd liners (and damn, more of them make it to the NHL as 3rd liners than any other organization) for a decade now.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote