HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[EDM/BUF] Linus Omark For Conditional 6th '14

Old
12-20-2013, 07:59 AM
T-Funk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreAstronaut View Post
Looks like HOPE has turned into ... HE.
Hall
Eberle
RNH
Perron
Either
Schultz

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 09:25 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 351
Morning radio is having fun with this move

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
Think they're moving these players to make room for a potential Trade!?!?
nah. just clearing off the deadweight. never hurts to have contract room.
Omark down, 10 more crap players to go.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
Hall
Eberle
RNH
Perron
Either
Schultz
ha! too true.
cures to this pox filled team

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 12:00 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

this is an early Christmas present for some of us

Old
12-20-2013, 12:01 PM
Aerchon

Finally!

He is gone.

I thought we would have to hear Linus Omark crap for the better part of a decade more.

Impressed Mac T could get a conditional 6th rounder for him. Figured he would have to throw in Yak to move him :-P

Aerchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 12:10 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerchon View Post
Finally!

He is gone.

I thought we would have to hear Linus Omark crap for the better part of a decade more.

Impressed Mac T could get a conditional 6th rounder for him. Figured he would have to throw in Yak to move him :-P
the moment he gets his first goal we will have ten threads saying the team screwed up--

Old
12-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
the moment he gets his first goal we will have ten threads saying the team screwed up--
Omark may turn out to be an actual NHL player for Buffalo. They have very little offensive players so he should get plenty of ice time, which should equate to some goals/points.
Shouldn't come as a surprise one way or the other.

The Oil already have plenty of thse types of players so there simply was no room.

Good luck to him in his career.

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Aerchon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
Oh I am sure we will get some kind of annoying reminder.

Some junk head claiming we ruined his chances in the NHL or like you said if he manages to get a point or two someone will post it.

But now that he isn't on our team he will slowly but surely disappear. Just one more x-oiler. I am pretty confident we won't be kicking ourselves on this move down the road, and even if he does manage to produce somewhere else he certainly didn't earn a spot here.

Good move for all involved.

Aerchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 12:47 PM
shoop
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerchon View Post
Impressed Mac T could get a conditional 6th rounder for him.
Me too. People seeing this move as bad on management floor me.

Management didn't see Omark as an NHLer. Omark saw himself as an NHLer, requested a trade and would have left for Europe if he was stuck in the A.

If the team didn't trade him they would have gotten zero return. Trading him to the worst team in the league is the best chance at some sort of return.

Haven't seen the condition that triggers the pick, but I guess it would games played the rest of the season. Maybe 10 games triggers the pick?

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Dabomb

Haven't gone through this thread, but what is the 'condition' in the deal? That Omark has to score a spin-o-rama shootout goal?

I hope he can finally make it and stay in the league.

Dabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Playa Hejda

vCash: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
Me too. People seeing this move as bad on management floor me.

Management didn't see Omark as an NHLer. Omark saw himself as an NHLer, requested a trade and would have left for Europe if he was stuck in the A.

If the team didn't trade him they would have gotten zero return. Trading him to the worst team in the league is the best chance at some sort of return.

Haven't seen the condition that triggers the pick, but I guess it would games played the rest of the season. Maybe 10 games triggers the pick?
We haters who believe the bad management theory believe, in this case, the bad management was in letting the Omark situation get to the point where getting a conditional 6th is the best that could be done. Of course that's only because I've watch management fritter away 8 seasons, *if* their actions were backed by 8 years of solid results, I'd have no problem with this move.

Playa Hejda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 01:36 PM
shoop
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa Hedja View Post
We haters who believe the bad management theory believe, in this case, the bad management was in letting the Omark situation get to the point where getting a conditional 6th is the best that could be done. Of course that's only because I've watch management fritter away 8 seasons, *if* their actions were backed by 8 years of solid results, I'd have no problem with this move.
I'm judging the deal on its merits. Results the past eight seasons are irrelevant with respect to this deal.

Overall I like what MacT has done as GM so far. If you judge all his moves so far there isn't one wtf is this guy doing? head scratcher among them, including the Smid deal.

Sure Garbagekov and Lolbarbera have been busts, but they were cheap. Smid is ok, and roster players back would have been nice, but he is not a great loss for this team.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 02:12 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 250
Glad to see him go. I believe he was a UFA after this year anyways and there was no way he was re-signing here.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Playa Hejda

vCash: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
I'm judging the deal on its merits. Results the past eight seasons are irrelevant with respect to this deal.

Overall I like what MacT has done as GM so far. If you judge all his moves so far there isn't one wtf is this guy doing? head scratcher among them, including the Smid deal.

Sure Garbagekov and Lolbarbera have been busts, but they were cheap. Smid is ok, and roster players back would have been nice, but he is not a great loss for this team.
The last 8 years are not irrelevant to how I feel about this move. The last 8 years show a pattern of mismanagement that I cannot ignore, it poisons my mind against whatever it is the management is doing. That's not necessarily fair, but frankly, the Oilers have earned it.

This move on it's own is fine. Omark might have walked today, so getting any sort of return on Dec 19, 2013 is a blessing. However, letting the Omark situation get to Dec 19, 2013 without resolution is a small failure.

As for MacT's head scratchers, they've well documented (here, not in the media) Eakins, Grebeshkov, the curious 23 man roster management. All of which would be acceptable, if the Oilers weren't in last place while mired a decade long management induced disaster.

Playa Hejda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 03:29 PM
The Big Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa Hedja View Post
The last 8 years are not irrelevant to how I feel about this move. The last 8 years show a pattern of mismanagement that I cannot ignore, it poisons my mind against whatever it is the management is doing. That's not necessarily fair, but frankly, the Oilers have earned it.

This move on it's own is fine. Omark might have walked today, so getting any sort of return on Dec 19, 2013 is a blessing. However, letting the Omark situation get to Dec 19, 2013 without resolution is a small failure.

As for MacT's head scratchers, they've well documented (here, not in the media) Eakins, Grebeshkov, the curious 23 man roster management. All of which would be acceptable, if the Oilers weren't in last place while mired a decade long management induced disaster.
When discussing Omark, the bolded part here is the only part that's important. Who cares how long Omark was here or in OKC. Did he, at any time, actually have so much more value that dumping him for a 6th rounder is a terrible move?

The fact is that successive coaches couldn't find a place for this guy on our roster, that should tell you something about Omark's place on the Oilers. Also, by waiting till December 19, 2013 to move him, I believe the Oilers gave this guy a solid shot at making the team and he just didn't cut it. That's a really really bad sign if you can't crack a lineup as piss poor as Edmonton.

The Big Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 04:27 PM
NMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareDoiler View Post
I'm indifferent that we traded Omark. But was his value that low? I would have expected a higher round pick than that.

Not disappointed he is gone...but quite disappointed in the return.
He's 26, so not young, and barely a PPG player in the AHL. He's also 5'8 or something... And he couldn't crack one of the worst rosters in the league. Upside is not high because of his age, and he has underwhelmed so far in his NHL career. Also has an attitude stigma. So not surprised his value is this low.

NMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

YAY! Hopefully his fanboys go too!

Booya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 06:52 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
YAY! Hopefully his fanboys go too!

I think that is one of the conditions of the trade

Old
12-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

Omark wasn't dirty enough a player to be a part of the herps crew in Etown. Hope he can rise to the occasion in Buffalo.

Steve BachIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Baggers

Quote:
Hall
Eberle
RNH
Perron
Ekblad
Schultz
Corrected for next year

Baggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 09:46 PM
KlimasLoveChild

Quote:
Hall
Eberle
RNH
Perron
Either Eakins
Schultz

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2013, 08:15 AM
jukon
#Nailedit

I'm glad Omark is gone, and I'm glad we could get something more than a 7th for him.

I don't want to say Omark deserves another shot in the NHL, because he had a shot on our team and he stucked. He is lucky to get another shot, maybe he can make (at least temporarily) a team with a weaker top six.

jukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2013, 02:49 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26CornerBlitz View Post
*sheds man tear*

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2013, 04:06 PM