HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OGDT: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers 7:00 pm ET

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2007, 07:14 AM
JerseyRangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
If you ask me, its because no team is like that. If wed played like we did when we play our absolute best hockey all the time wed win the Cup easily. Though that goes for 25 other teams in this league.

Its like Isles fans complaining on Nolan, like "This game shows exactly why Nolan needs to be fired. Why can't his team come out with the passion that they showed when playing the Rangers?".

Or Toronto fans complaining on their coach, why don't they play the rest of the teams like they did against us and Boston when they scored 18 goals in two games.

Could we get a coach here who had the players extremely fired up for every game? Sure, but that would also result in worse positioning and more penaltys. Could we get a coach here that made the players accountable for taking penaltys, sure easiest thing in the world. But, it would result in the defense becomming really passive. A penalty is 90% of the time a result of either two things, 1. a bad player, 2. one player not getting the support he should get.

Name the best 5 coaches you know, and then look at their trackrecords. Over the long run, unless you are in a tremendous enviorment, all coaches fail with pretty good teams. Like Crawford and Vancouver, Tortorella and Tampa, Hartly in Atlanta ect. We aren't a great team.
Ola, all teams will have highs and lows. What bothers me is how this team can go from one extreme to another. When we are bad we are putrid. By the same token when we are good we are very good. One of the jobs a coach has is to build some consistency. An excellent example of this are the Devils and the Red Wings. Look at the Rangers. Really seems to be a disjointed bunch. Players make the same mistake over and over without correcting these errors. They don't seem to learn. The pp has been a joke all year. I could go on and on.

As too penalties you forget to add one more reason for penalties. LAZINESS. Too many of our penalties occur because the player is too lazy to take one more stride. Instead they'd rather reach out and hook a player then compete. Everyone forgets that in last nites game before it fell outta reach the miserable play of Hossa. First or 2nd goal he tried to rub Eaves out on the boards, failed, stop skating and let go of his check. None of that has to do with talent. It has everything to do with desire, motivation and accountability. This coaching staff doesn't install any of those values in a player. Therefore you have what we have here. Failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach....... (sorry went off on a tangent there, but that is a great song) Question: What song is that from? Bonus: What movie is that from?

Last edited by JerseyRangers: 01-12-2007 at 07:31 AM.
Old
01-12-2007, 09:01 AM
shoothepuck

Ranger's=schizophrenics

Old
01-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I'm glad I was drinking heavily during the game last night, it took alot of the fustration away. But it came to me now that i'm sober

Old
01-12-2007, 09:27 AM
bathgate

It is truly pathetic that I take these losses more seriously than the team Last night was disgraceful. If I performed my job in such a half hearted manner, I would be fired.I've stated this team is flawed. However, it is also heartless. There is no excuse for passionless hockey. I feel cheated that I spent money watching a wretched performance for two and one half periods

Old
01-12-2007, 09:40 AM
trench23

Isn't there an old saying for this?

TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.

Please please please put Pock, Girardi or Baranka(my choice) for Malik.. and start sitting Hall.

Before you flame me, i know this wont solve our problems, but it wont hurt either.

I will say though, after those line changes i was happy to finally see some 'bottom liners' get points.. where was that all year?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
www.bleeckerandsullivan.com

Old
01-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

From Sams blog:
Quote:
Where have you gone, Tommy Pock? Wherever you are, expect to be in the lineup on Saturday.
www.rangers.lohudblogs.com

Question is who sits?

Old
01-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
What is with all these Islander fan trolls?? You have your own board, stay there!
like in their arena, it gets lonely there.

Old
01-12-2007, 12:00 PM
ap215

A friend of mine spoke to me yesterday and said that Renney went balistic twice so i didn't see it and if that's the case that caused the 4 goal rally in the 3rd,maybe this will be the turning point of the rangers season to go upward.

Old
01-12-2007, 12:06 PM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap215 View Post
A friend of mine spoke to me yesterday and said that Renney went balistic twice so i didn't see it and if that's the case that caused the 4 goal rally in the 3rd,maybe this will be the turning point of the rangers season to go upward.
He did. Don't hold your breath, he went balistic after last the last game, and the team apparently paid zero attention. That is until he went balistic on them a second time, this time in front of the home crowd. The didn't actually start playing though, until he most likely gave it to them again in the locker room before the start of the third.

Old
01-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
Prucha opened up his whole side of the ice to Alfredsson by going for a big, out-of-position hit. That's a 2nd straight game where his defensive gaffe leads to goal #5. He really needs to play smarter in his own zone. His ice-time won't increase until he makes big strides defensively.
I noticed both those plays the last two games as well. Like everyone else worth a lick on this team he's trying too hard to make plays and make things happen at times.

Old
01-12-2007, 01:20 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
wasnt it on a 2 on 1 shot from about 5 feet away? if memory serves me right, the shot was just inside the post, and on a 2 on 1 with a senator in the crease on the right side of Henrik (henrik had to guard against the pass)
You know it's possible. I really cannot remember many specifics about last nights game .

It's just pain.
Old
01-12-2007, 01:25 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Some men you just can't reach....... (sorry went off on a tangent there, but that is a great song) Question: What song is that from? Bonus: What movie is that from?
GNR - Civil War - Cool Hand Luke

looks like what we got here .. is.....failure... to communicate

Old
01-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

For what its worth:

Quote:
Tom Renney revealed he did get a phone call from Colin Campbell while driving home from the Garden apologizing for the missed delay of game call.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Old
01-12-2007, 06:05 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Actually, I thought Malik was real good in the third. He had one or two assists there, normally I can't stand him, but I think he played well in the third. Hall... I don't know what to say about him, I like the energy he sometimes shows, but he's pretty much in the same boat as Hossa. Hossa shows to be coming around a little bit more as of late, at least.
Hossa has jumped so far ahead of Hall it's not funny. And I don't know what the heck you can ever like about Marek

Old
01-12-2007, 06:06 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
not that it means anything to you guys coming from an isles fan, but at least you guys got some scoring from someone other than your 1st line. By the way I turned on the TV only to see Nylander turn his back on an odd man rush and try to pass. What the hell was that?
Just one of the worst players on our team trying to skate around in circles and NEVER shooting

Old
01-12-2007, 06:08 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Now that I've read all posts...I still stick to what I said before. We watched figure skating for 2 periods and hockey for one.
Figure skating= no passion, intensity, or emotion, no desire to win, not protecting your net, not crashing the net, not finishing checks
Hockey= Hitting, the occasional big hit, physicality, crashing the net, a desire to win, intensity, emotion, passion, finishing checks, protecting your net

Old
01-12-2007, 06:11 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Now that I've read all posts...I still stick to what I said before. We watched figure skating for 2 periods and hockey for one.
Figure skating= no passion, intensity, or emotion, no desire to win, not protecting your net, not crashing the net, not finishing checks
Hockey= Hitting, the occasional big hit, physicality, crashing the net, a desire to win, intensity, emotion, passion, finishing checks, protecting your net
Pretty much agree with this.

Old
01-12-2007, 07:18 PM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Hossa has jumped so far ahead of Hall it's not funny. And I don't know what the heck you can ever like about Marek
I can't stand Malik, but I'm not going to say he didn't play well last night, beacuse he actually did for once.

Old
01-12-2007, 07:36 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
I can't stand Malik, but I'm not going to say he didn't play well last night, beacuse he actually did for once.
Ehh...maybe for half the 3rd. What made you like him? The fact that he actually connected with 2 or 3 passes or the fact that he actually led a breakout from his own net

Old
01-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Just one of the worst players on our team trying to skate around in circles and NEVER shooting
If you think Nylander is one of our worst players, I'm not really sure how to respond to that...

Old
01-12-2007, 09:00 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Haha, Nylander is one of our worst players? Riiiight....

Old
01-12-2007, 10:02 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
If you think Nylander is one of our worst players, I'm not really sure how to respond to that...
Yep...maybe just a personal opinion...but if he didn't have a lethal scorer playing with him...he'd be absolute trash. NEVER shoots...not even if he's standing right in front of the net...point blank. Almost a hook a game or at least a penalty a game.

Old
01-12-2007, 10:02 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

BTW...I shouldn't call him one of our worst players...so I will take some fault for that...but my previous comment stands true

Old
01-12-2007, 10:07 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Yep...maybe just a personal opinion...but if he didn't have a lethal scorer playing with him...he'd be absolute trash. NEVER shoots...not even if he's standing right in front of the net...point blank. Almost a hook a game or at least a penalty a game.
Fair enough, though he has always been a guy that you could count on for 65 points a season. He's only average (at best) on faceoffs and is weak in his own end, but his playmaking is an asset.

Old
01-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Really? Take a look at his stats. His stats are better with Jagr, (duh) but his other seasons he was still a 50-60 point player..

He is not the ideal first line center, but he puts up points and has done so without Jagr in the past...

Closed Thread