HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers claim Jason Krog

Old
01-12-2007, 05:16 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trench23 View Post
If you read the bottom of sam's article.. Hall is a sratch for tommorrow-- he kinda hides it in there, makes you sick first, and if you have the stomach to reach the end, its like the light at the end of the tunnel.

Krog over ward or hall can not be the worst thing in the world.

One thing that bugged me about ward, which i dont know how many people caught (didnt mention this in the GDT) is that he is totally afraid of physical play. That goal he scored yesterday, the puck was not officially in the net yet, he was on the edge of the crease-- when the D man came towards him, he ran behind the back of the net, and luckily the puck went in. he should have charged foward to make sure it did go in, we got lucky there.

Hopefully Krog will use his body a little more then Hall-- might not hit as hard, but what good is size if you do not use it?

------------------------------------------------------------
www.bleeckerandsullivan.com

Any word on Orr tomorow? Former team...first game back...I don't know how Krog has a spot on this team...makes me want to puke

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 05:18 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Well Orr isn't a "player" so he doesn't count. But you do have a good point. Lots of scrubs on this team that should go elsewhere.
Not even gonna ask what you mean. JASON KROG is a player? Give me a break, seriously.

Old
01-12-2007, 05:21 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Ridiculous seeing how happy some of you are about having Krog. You can hate, dislike, and want to kill Orr...but JASON KROG!?!?! Seriously folks...give me a break. Talk about a second coming of Rico Fata, Zdeno Ciger, and Valeri Kamensky. It doesn't get any worst than this. Boy oh boy...also very funny seeing how physicality is a major problem on this team...and the result:

Pock for Kasper
Orr/Hall for Krog...

interesting

Old
01-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
Well...lets see what happens tomorrow. Don't know too much about this Krog fellla but I am willing to see if he can bring anything to our bottom lines.

Think Immo should have been thrown back into the mix a few games but we will see. Havent agreed with most moves this year to begin with.

Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Keetz

Krog was one of my favorites here in Anahiem. Had a great playoff run with them when they went to the finals that year! Played with Cullen a bit before Cullen was traded to Florida after the all-star break that season too.

Great Move!!!!!

Keetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 05:36 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Gretz, I think YOU would be an upgrade over our bottom six. I'm sure he'll make a solid addition to our 4th line.
I'm flattered.

Who knows, he could end up playing 3rd line. I mean what use is there for Adam Hall? The guy is a toolshed. I think Krog is a less offensively talented Cullen.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 05:43 PM
shoothepuck
NY Raiders AMNRL

This move dosen't address any of the Ranger's problems, except that it upgrades the faceoff capabilities of the 4th line, and it sits Hall, (who's been useless). If he plays well, it might motivate others to do better, (but as we've seen this season, playing a hated rival on home ice dosen't even motivate this team). Maybe free entered into managements thinking here.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

it's not the worst move in the world....

This is a guy who is pretty good on faceoffs and if it means Orr or Hall aren't playing it's good for the Rangers...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Taz

lol

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
I'm flattered.

Who knows, he could end up playing 3rd line. I mean what use is there for Adam Hall? The guy is a toolshed. I think Krog is a less offensively talented Cullen.
Exactly..and signing the feeble Matt Cullen as a 2nd C is exactly why the Rangers lines are in a world of *****....Now we'll have two of him on one line?...Oh sweet lord..

Ok, being serious for moment, I think our 3rd and 4th liners are better then their production has shown with some of the problems being the line chaos and mismatched parts orchestrated by Renney....I'm not crazy about Krog (who I see as a good FO man with a little speed but with no physical dimension whatsoever) but he could fit with CUllen and Ward for a decentl line while HBO is alowed to hit, forecheck and do the thing they did in the POs last year. (and with Moore as HMO)..But for a team that is constantly being attacked for being physically unrepsonsive, is a Krog a right choice? We'll see..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
I love this move. Krog is a very solid role player and a very useful cog on our bottom lines. He adds a lot, a LOT of speed down there -- something Immonen couldn't offer us. His offense is on par with Immo's but his defense is definately an upgrade.

Gotta love this move. He's a sure-fire upgrade on our bottom 6. Adds speed and offense.

A line of:

Cullen - Krog - Hollweg would be FANTASTIC.
I agree. Hopefullly Krog can replace Moore, don't have the same work capacity that Moore had for us in the NHL, but Krog is a little smarter and a better "sneakier" offensive player.

Not suprised at all that he is scoring a ton in the AHL.

He works really hard, he is somewhat reckless, while beeing really streaky offensivly, I think he have potential to fit in well with the mix we have on the bottom two lines.

He'll defenitly benefit from playing for a "playing" team in NY. And he is one of thoose guys that just gets hot, takes it and runs with it when his game is on. There have been a few of thoose here in NY, if you do well you get tremendous credit here, that suits some personalitys, some can't handle it at all, I am guessing Krog can be the type that it suits.

At the same time, if he can't get gooing, his stint could be short. He is small and pretty weak, he aren't that great defensivly ect.

But I am a little excited. Now we finally got 4 centers. I didn't think Immonen really cut it when he were up, not good enough for the 2nd line, too slow to help out offensivly on the bottom two lines ect. Krog could be a important kog, he is the same type as Moore was. Defenitly would like to see;

Hossa-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Krog-Ortmayer

At the very least we need thoose lines to play like they did last season.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 06:13 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
it's not the worst move in the world....

This is a guy who is pretty good on faceoffs and if it means Orr or Hall aren't playing it's good for the Rangers...
Again you can say that about Hall and Orr....but you can never say Krog playing is a good thing. Bring in a tough guy who can play...not JASON KROG

Old
01-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Wow, 3 centers on the roster again. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............

Krog's not my choice, but hard to argue with someone who actually plays the pivot right now.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 07:35 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Ridiculous seeing how happy some of you are about having Krog. You can hate, dislike, and want to kill Orr...but JASON KROG!?!?! Seriously folks...give me a break. Talk about a second coming of Rico Fata, Zdeno Ciger, and Valeri Kamensky. It doesn't get any worst than this. Boy oh boy...also very funny seeing how physicality is a major problem on this team...and the result:

Pock for Kasper
Orr/Hall for Krog...

interesting
I agree with the general thrust of your post, although Kaspar has brought nothing to this team the past few weeks. Not even physicality- I haven;t seen him hit anyone, and he's been strangely well behaved (no face washing, no pushing after the whistle). Pock has earned a shot. Though I suppose you could argue that Malik ought to be benched instead .

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Not even gonna ask what you mean. JASON KROG is a player? Give me a break, seriously.
Better than Orr, that said, doesn't take too much to be better than Orr, since he is a goon.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 07:48 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I agree. Hopefullly Krog can replace Moore, don't have the same work capacity that Moore had for us in the NHL, but Krog is a little smarter and a better "sneakier" offensive player.

Not suprised at all that he is scoring a ton in the AHL.

He works really hard, he is somewhat reckless, while beeing really streaky offensivly, I think he have potential to fit in well with the mix we have on the bottom two lines.

He'll defenitly benefit from playing for a "playing" team in NY. And he is one of thoose guys that just gets hot, takes it and runs with it when his game is on. There have been a few of thoose here in NY, if you do well you get tremendous credit here, that suits some personalitys, some can't handle it at all, I am guessing Krog can be the type that it suits.

At the same time, if he can't get gooing, his stint could be short. He is small and pretty weak, he aren't that great defensivly ect.

But I am a little excited. Now we finally got 4 centers. I didn't think Immonen really cut it when he were up, not good enough for the 2nd line, too slow to help out offensivly on the bottom two lines ect. Krog could be a important kog, he is the same type as Moore was. Defenitly would like to see;

Hossa-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Krog-Ortmayer

At the very least we need thoose lines to play like they did last season.

I like those lines, not to exited about Krog, but if hes any better than Orr and Hall. Its worth giving him a shoot.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Taz

At the end of the day it gives us a natural center for free, so we dont have to play Ward, Hollweg or even Straka in positions they shouldn't be. (All are better on the wing)

NYR feel Immonen isnt what they are looking for yet, his lack of footspeed has them concerned.

This guy apparently brings speed, decent face off abilities and given a decent shot he can produce, not only that but he is making league minimum pretty much. If anything he is similar to Domonic Moore but with better offensive abilities, mixed with Cullen.

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Exactly my thoughts, Taz. He can take over the 4th line role. Nothing more, nothing less.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Fletch

Krog only makes sense...

If Immonen or Helminen are on the go. He's not an NHL centerman. Helminen has played not-so-great the last month or so, at least, after a quick start. But, Immonen may have the trade value. I truly hope to not see Krog in an NHL uniform - would rather see Betts.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 08:41 PM
JRGNYR

I haven't read the whole thread so my apologies if I reiterate a point that's already been made...

Let me play devil's advocate here. Maybe the reason Immonen isn't being put on the 4th line is because he wouldn't get a lot of meaningful icetime. I can see it now... if Immonen was on the fourth line, people would be pissing and moaning about how he's in the lineup but not getting any icetime, so what's the point?

Immonen's ceiling is a 2nd or 3rd line center in the NHL if he makes it. But unless he's going to play 80 games for the Rangers, I agree with Maloney, let him stay in Hartford and get 20 minutes of ice time and continue to build chemistry with Dawes. Bringing him up and down and up and down will do more to stunt his development than playing 20 minutes in Hartford nightly, IMO.

Krog costs nothing except minimal cap space, and in the 3rd period of the Ottawa game, the Rangers may have actually found their 2nd line center in Nylander. I'd go with those 3rd period lines for the next few games, win or lose, because quite frankly, we can't expect the same old lineup the first 40 games to get it done.

With Nylander on the 2nd line, you can bump Cullen down to the 3rd where he belongs, be it center or the wing, and Krog plays on the 4th. I'm fine with all that.

If you want more meaningful icetime in the NHL for Dawes and Immonen on the same line, then I think we need to root for a total collapse and hope Cullen or Nylander gets dealt next month. Otherwise, there's really nothing Immonen is going to gain by playing 8 minutes a night up here on the 4th line.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 08:51 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGNYR View Post
I haven't read the whole thread so my apologies if I reiterate a point that's already been made...

Let me play devil's advocate here. Maybe the reason Immonen isn't being put on the 4th line is because he wouldn't get a lot of meaningful icetime. I can see it now... if Immonen was on the fourth line, people would be pissing and moaning about how he's in the lineup but not getting any icetime, so what's the point?

Immonen's ceiling is a 2nd or 3rd line center in the NHL if he makes it. But unless he's going to play 80 games for the Rangers, I agree with Maloney, let him stay in Hartford and get 20 minutes of ice time and continue to build chemistry with Dawes. Bringing him up and down and up and down will do more to stunt his development than playing 20 minutes in Hartford nightly, IMO.

Krog costs nothing except minimal cap space, and in the 3rd period of the Ottawa game, the Rangers may have actually found their 2nd line center in Nylander. I'd go with those 3rd period lines for the next few games, win or lose, because quite frankly, we can't expect the same old lineup the first 40 games to get it done.

With Nylander on the 2nd line, you can bump Cullen down to the 3rd where he belongs, be it center or the wing, and Krog plays on the 4th. I'm fine with all that.

If you want more meaningful icetime in the NHL for Dawes and Immonen on the same line, then I think we need to root for a total collapse and hope Cullen or Nylander gets dealt next month. Otherwise, there's really nothing Immonen is going to gain by playing 8 minutes a night up here on the 4th line.
Good points all around, JG. I'd agree with you if not for the fact that I truly believe that Immo has gotten a raw deal here in NY. From the quotes I've been reading and the actions that I've seen, it seems like the Rangers are near giving up on Immo, for some strange reason.

Though at the same time your logic is solid, with the center situation being Straka-Nylander-Cullen-Krog with Immo actually playing real minutes in Hartford. **** it, I'm beginning to hope for a trade for Immo's sake, as I think he'll flourish if sent elsewhere.

Again, good points, you may have swayed me on this Krog signing.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Fletch

Renney said...

that he has reservations about Immonen's ability to keep up with play. In the end, he's not a guy Renney wants on his team. That's the long and short of it.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
that he has reservations about Immonen's ability to keep up with play. In the end, he's not a guy Renney wants on his team. That's the long and short of it.
Faceoff abilty Krog and Immonen are about equal...

Krog is not a bad 13th forward and frankly i'd take almost anybody over Hall right now..

Before the lockout he had two pretty decent years for a bottom 6 player. Is he perfect? no way, but he kinda fills a need on the roster.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 09:21 PM
RedLightDistrict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
If Pitts was to offer us Moore for Hall... Would you make that trade?
I think you're gonna have a hard time finding any ranger fans who wouldn't have made the original trade to begin with...

RedLightDistrict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 09:26 PM
FLYLine24*

Im not a fan of this move. I don't see any point. Its a lateral move at best. Unless Hall is getting bumped off, then i like the move but that won't happen.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote