HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers claim Jason Krog

Old
01-12-2007, 09:46 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Im not a fan of this move. I don't see any point. Its a lateral move at best. Unless Hall is getting bumped off, then i like the move but that won't happen.
another small non physical player. I know its kind of sad, but I think the teams in europe are more physical than us. Im willing to give Krog a chance though, he has speed which we can use and is good on faceoffs. But he scored alot in the AHL and not much in the NHL as of yet. But is 31 so hed fit in. I hope he adds more scoring to our 3rd and 4th line which aint saying much. He is alot quicker than the players on the 3rd and 4th line outside of Hollweg. Why not call up Isbister to replace Hall. Isbister done more in that one game he played than Hall done the whole year.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 09:56 PM
JRGNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Good points all around, JG. I'd agree with you if not for the fact that I truly believe that Immo has gotten a raw deal here in NY. From the quotes I've been reading and the actions that I've seen, it seems like the Rangers are near giving up on Immo, for some strange reason.

Though at the same time your logic is solid, with the center situation being Straka-Nylander-Cullen-Krog with Immo actually playing real minutes in Hartford. **** it, I'm beginning to hope for a trade for Immo's sake, as I think he'll flourish if sent elsewhere.

Again, good points, you may have swayed me on this Krog signing.
Haha, anything I can do to help.

I know to some claiming Krog makes no sense, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. And besides, I don't believe that anybody within the organization actually thinks that Krog is the saving grace for the Rangers, but picking him up might just come at the same time the Rangers discovered they had their 2nd line center all along in Nylander.

I do also agree that Immonen has gotten a raw deal with the Rangers, because he's played well in trips to NY both this year and last. Depending on how things shake out, he deserves a full time slot, probably as a 3rd line center next year, maybe with Cullen and Shanny playing beside Nylander, if he comes back. I can stomach Cullen much more as a 2nd line winger than I can at center.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
This the move that will help us fight through the Chris Neil and Darcy Tuckers of the conference

Jesus what is next? Where is Jeff Bloomberg to take Pocks place.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 10:14 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Better than Orr, that said, doesn't take too much to be better than Orr, since he is a goon.
Sorry pal...Jason Krog is not better than Orr. Dude...do you know who you're talking about here? JASON KROG! Yeesh...at least Orr has 8 years to get better than him. 31 yr old career AHLer...give me a break

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Sorry pal...Jason Krog is not better than Orr. Dude...do you know who you're talking about here? JASON KROG! Yeesh...at least Orr has 8 years to get better than him. 31 yr old career AHLer...give me a break
Keep telling yourself that.

That comment is absolutely laughable and it just goes to show that all you care about is gooning it up rather than playing actual hockey.

Krog can skate circles around Orr and is actually a very competent defensive player (something Orr is not).

He's also a center (something Orr is not).

What's not to like here?

Oh, he doesn't fight.

Boo ****ing hoo.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 10:22 PM
JRGNYR

Colton Orr is not better than Jason Krog. Now Jason Krog is NOT better than sliced bread, but you know, who is?

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 10:25 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Keep telling yourself that.

That comment is absolutely laughable and it just goes to show that all you care about is gooning it up rather than playing actual hockey.

Krog can skate circles around Orr and is actually a very competent defensive player (something Orr is not).

He's also a center (something Orr is not).

What's not to like here?

Oh, he doesn't fight.

Boo ****ing hoo.

HAHAH. This is extremely laughable. Because I hate Jason Krog with a passion...it means all I care about is gooning it up? Let's wait and see....because in all honesty I haven't seen enough of him to continue my rant. However...I don't think it's even comparible who brings more importance to this team....Orr or Krog. We shall see

Old
01-12-2007, 10:26 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGNYR View Post
Colton Orr is not better than Jason Krog. Now Jason Krog is NOT better than sliced bread, but you know, who is?
No. I understand Orr is not good...but please...give me a break...Krog does NOTHING as far as I know. A 31 year old career AHLer is not good. I cannot believe some of you

Old
01-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Jason Krog is a tweener more than a career AHL player..He has played 187 games in the NHL and 197 in the AHL..

The bulk of his AHL time was more than 5 years ago but to be fair the last two seasons were played in Europe...

He also played every playoff game for the Ducks in 02-03 and 80 out of 82 regular season games in 03-04...

In the right situation he could be an important part of the bottom two lines..To just dismiss the move outright (while pleading ignorance) is hard to do...yet it was done...above me...

what a surprise...

Krog is 10x the player Orr is...Krog has more value than Orr....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

To be fair to Krog reguarding comments about him being a "career" AHL'er, many belive(d) that Jason Ward would do no better than a career AHL'er, and while he isnt lighting the lamp every game, he still brings alot of intangables to the team. He is a solid penalty kill for one and he busts his butt every shift his skates are on the ice. So untill I see this Krog character i'm going to withhold judgement on how good/bad of a pickup this was.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 10:48 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Jason Krog is a tweener more than a career AHL player..He has played 187 games in the NHL and 197 in the AHL..

The bulk of his AHL time was more than 5 years ago but to be fair the last two seasons were played in Europe...

He also played every playoff game for the Ducks in 02-03 and 80 out of 82 regular season games in 03-04...

In the right situation he could be an important part of the bottom two lines..To just dismiss the move outright (while pleading ignorance) is hard to do...yet it was done...above me...

what a surprise...

Krog has speed and is good on faceoffs, maybe with the right people he can do something. Hall will be scratch, maybe it will wake him up. Maybe we can call up Isbister as well. Hed be better than Hall and Orr.

Straka Nylander Jagr
Shanny Cullen Prucha
Isbister Krog Hossa
Hollweg Betts Orts

Hall, J Ward, Orr either gets scratched or traded.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 11:22 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
No. I understand Orr is not good...but please...give me a break...Krog does NOTHING as far as I know. A 31 year old career AHLer is not good. I cannot believe some of you
Krog has had moderate success in the NHL. He's a solid bottom six player. I want no part of the whole Krog vs. Orr argument, but I do think you are underrating Krog by a good bit.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 11:24 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:

what a surprise...

Exactly...which is why Krog is in the AHL at age 31 and Orr is in the NHL at age 23

Old
01-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
HAHAH. This is extremely laughable. Because I hate Jason Krog with a passion...it means all I care about is gooning it up? Let's wait and see....because in all honesty I haven't seen enough of him to continue my rant. However...I don't think it's even comparible who brings more importance to this team....Orr or Krog. We shall see
You have never, ever watched Krog play a game if you think that Orr somehow brings more to the team than Krog does.

Holy crap. How can you possibly say something like that without laughing at yourself?

Old
01-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Krog has had moderate success in the NHL. He's a solid bottom six player. I want no part of the whole Krog vs. Orr argument, but I do think you are underrating Krog by a good bit.
He's underrating Krog to the point where he has never even seen the guy play a single game. It's obvious in his comments towards him.

Old
01-12-2007, 11:38 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
He's underrating Krog to the point where he has never even seen the guy play a single game. It's obvious in his comments towards him.
I'm thinking the same thing, JP, I'm just in a very diplomatic mood tonight for some reason.

Old
01-12-2007, 11:40 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
You have never, ever watched Krog play a game if you think that Orr somehow brings more to the team than Krog does.

Holy crap. How can you possibly say something like that without laughing at yourself?
Hasn't given me much of a chance to see him play...but I have seen him a few times with Atlanta this year. However...when a guy is in the AHL at age 31...and not for health reasons or rehab...then there is a problem.

Old
01-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

Krog can at least fill a need on the roster...Orr can't...To be honest I'm at the point where i think Krog has more value to the Rangers than Hall..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 11:48 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Krog can at least fill a need on the roster...Orr can't...To be honest I'm at the point where i think Krog has more value to the Rangers than Hall..
Hey. I'm done jumping all over you and stuff after reading your posts. I wanna seriously discuss it with you. Put Orr aside then. Though Hall has not done so successfully...he has the ability to be an effective presence in front of the net on the PP. He also has been a solid backchecking winger (his defensive game is very underrated). The most dissapointing thing besides his lack of scoring is his lack of physical play. I really don't see what Krog does to be more effective than Hall. Ya know...I'm hoping I see an unreal player tomorow in Krog....but I just can't believe it for now

Old
01-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
He does that with lots of players.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 11:59 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
He does that with lots of players.
Really? You said I did it with Barnaby. Sorry but I watched him for a few years...rather than Ciger.

Old
01-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Really? You said I did it with Barnaby. Sorry but I watched him for a few years...rather than Ciger.
No, the fact that you comment on things/players you havent, or barely have watched.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 01:07 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Hey. I'm done jumping all over you and stuff after reading your posts. I wanna seriously discuss it with you. Put Orr aside then. Though Hall has not done so successfully...he has the ability to be an effective presence in front of the net on the PP. He also has been a solid backchecking winger (his defensive game is very underrated). The most dissapointing thing besides his lack of scoring is his lack of physical play. I really don't see what Krog does to be more effective than Hall. Ya know...I'm hoping I see an unreal player tomorow in Krog....but I just can't believe it for now
Hall may have the ability to be a presence in front, but as you noted, he hasn't utilized that ability. Honestly, Hall has been **** since we acquired him. We're not going to have a fire sale like I'd want; that being the case, we need to try to shake things up a bit to see if we can coax some more consistent effort. Krog should be fine for us, and at the minimum, no more useless than Hall has been.

We need both speed and toughness, and obviously Krog will not bring us any physical play. At the same time, Orr exacerbates the lack of speed. When I take into account the fact that Orr- due to his obvious limitations- is used so sparingly, his contributions can only be seen once every few games (and I won't even discuss whether his contributions even benefit the team). Krog has the ability to impact games on a much more frequent basis, so I'm thinking that Krog should help address a team need more so than would Orr.

So, IMO, Krog SHOULD be worth more to us than both Hall and Orr. But for all I know, with the unpredictability endemic to this team, Krog will record 1 point in 10 games and we'll never hear from him again.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 01-13-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old
01-13-2007, 01:59 AM
Pizza

Hope I'm wrong here. This seems like a bit of a desparation move to me. They want shake things up a little I guess, but I'm not sure this was the move to make.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 04:00 AM
Doyle

If Isbister can fetch a C/D prospect, I cant help to think that Hall who is an NHLer can fetch a C rater at least. Im all for that.

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote