HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sather must have loved this comment

Old
01-13-2007, 12:19 AM
PanniniClaus

vCash: 500
One would think someone who hates the game as much as Brett has always claimed to would get far away from it. Apparently he likes the attention.

PanniniClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Come on, anyone who's watched Brett Hull knows he loves hockey. Does that mean he likes the way it's played now? Nope and he has very clear opinions about things that should be done. People who are critical of something often times are the ones who love it most.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 12:55 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Come on, anyone who's watched Brett Hull knows he loves hockey. Does that mean he likes the way it's played now? Nope and he has very clear opinions about things that should be done. People who are critical of something often times are the ones who love it most.
Agreed, and as I said in another thread, Brett Hull should be commended for his honesty. He pulls no punches when it comes to discussing the state of the game- I remember him saying recently that the NHL needs to stop trying to appeal to the common American, as the common American will never embrace hockey. Whether you agree with him or not, it's refreshing to hear an actual answer, rather than the politicking done by most athletes.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 01:10 AM
Block More Shots

The Rangers have the cap room...why not go out and trade for Weight? Our team needs two solid scoring lines. I'm not worried about our 3rd/4th lines because they go out and get the job done every night.

Think about it...Carolina sent a 1st (and 2nd, I believe) to STL for Weight. He shouldn't cost that much this time around. Maybe two 2nd round picks for him and he's ours. With Weight, we fill our 2nd line center spot AND gives us another threat on our 2nd PP unit. Cullen drops to the 3rd line and can play a good two-way game, chipping in goals once in awhile. If this team wants to make a serious run, they absolutely CANNOT stand pat and go with the current team.

Immonen gets a few games and gets sent back down...ridiculous. I said before that he'll need about 10 games to really show where he fits in and if he can contribute on a nightly basis, but of course, Renney shows his impatience once again with the kids and sends him down. Renney and co. certainly aren't using our young guys at all so let them play the year in Hartford and bring in a playmaking center (Weight). Prucha-Weight-Shanahan would be a great 2nd line.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that we forfeit the future, but as good as we look at times, we look like a minor league club at other times. It's time to make a strong move and add someone. Weight's not the answer to all of our problems but he'll improve the lineup up front a bit. He would round out our top six nicely because we all know that Cullen can't be depended on to get the job done.

Here's a bit of a preview, tell me what you think:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Weight-Shanahan
Hossa-Cullen-Ward
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer
Scratches: Krog, Orr, Hall

Obviously, the 3rd/4th lines could be worked on but I think any type of combination could work. I'd like to see Cullen and Betts on the same line but the others aren't very good at center.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 02:03 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
Brett Hull's best comment was on Hall.

Sam: "Joe, the Rangers must really do something on this PP to get back in the game."

Hull: "What is Hall doing out there then? He's not gonna score."

Classic.
He's on the mark here. As much as i liked it at first, getting this guy has been a net loss for us. How's Dom Moore doing?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 03:52 AM
Doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
He's on the mark here. As much as i liked it at first, getting this guy has been a net loss for us. How's Dom Moore doing?
Hes still a hard working 4th line center who bounces off guys half the time he looks for an open ice hit last time I checked... Trading him was a gamble, but lets be honest... we NEEDED size, and Hall had upside. I would do it again, unfortunately. The 4th line needs to make hits and play physical, considering there is only one guy on the top 2 lines who does this.

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 12:52 AM
PanniniClaus

Quote:
Have you seen Brett's mid ninties rants against hockey?

PanniniClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Uncle Jorgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
11 points, +1, 14 min/game in 40 games.

Solid third line center for us, could produce more point-wise but overall i'm very happy the Pens picked him up ...

Uncle Jorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 01:33 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Talbot View Post
11 points, +1, 14 min/game in 40 games.

Solid third line center for us, could produce more point-wise but overall i'm very happy the Pens picked him up ...
I wish Sather got the draft pick instead of Hall He was different on the Preds, I wonder what happen.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 08:57 AM
crisb

I've noticed that after that game, the Brett says the truth, and doesn't hold anything back at all. A different commentator indeed.

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanniniClaus View Post
Have you seen Brett's mid ninties rants against hockey?
Yes, I did and anyone who was watching hockey during the age of the trap (much less tried to fight through it on the ice) had a lot to rant against.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 12:46 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Yes, I did and anyone who was watching hockey during the age of the trap (much less tried to fight through it on the ice) had a lot to rant against.
*Shudders*

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 09:19 AM
bubba5

What's Messier's status?

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote