HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thu., Dec. 19, 2013|Blue Jackets 4 at Flyers 5

Old
12-20-2013, 07:49 AM
Legion of Gloom
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 5070
I guess I picked the wrong night to go to bed early

From what I saw up until the third Mason looked average and Simmonds might have been our best player.

Nice to see Giroux put this team on his back. I hope it continues.

Legion of Gloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 07:53 AM
CSKA1974

vCash: 500
Good: Roo and V in the third
Bad:V in the first
Ugly: Hartnell t/o the game

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 09:02 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Something to do with some kind of exclusive rights to the broadcast Comcast has. Its how its always been. I believe other teams with CSN channels San Jose/Chicago off the top of my head, have similair issues. The only time you'll get JJ and whoever else is when the other feed is not available for whatever reason.
I get to chose which feed to watch, always watching the home broadcast as a result. This is with GCL though and I did have to fake my GPS location so the games wouldn't be blacked out. I mean I pay for GCL and I have fios, living in greater philadelphia area, there's no legit reason for me not to be able to see the home broadcast in my eyes.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 09:14 AM
PK16

Incredible game. Giroux was filthy. A lot of haters on the main boards having a hard time appreciating that last goal.

PK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 09:31 AM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK16 View Post
Incredible game. Giroux was filthy. A lot of haters on the main boards having a hard time appreciating that last goal.
Oh come on man, no big deal. No look top shelf backhander while spinning and being cross checked to the ice. Routine.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK16 View Post
Honestly when I first saw the goal I wasn't thinking it was that amazing. Of course I was jumping up and down with joy but I didn't think GOTY. But the more I see it, especially from that behind the goal angle, the more impressive it looks.

Giroux made it look so easy. Deffinately a GOTY candidate.

Dirty but Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 09:51 AM
PK16

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Oh come on man, no big deal. No look top shelf backhander while spinning and being cross checked to the ice. Routine.

Exactly. I scored 2 just like that Wednesday night.

PK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 10:28 AM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Oh man, I missed this one Gotta go to watch the 3rd period on hockeystreams I guess

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 11:27 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 890
According to Sam Carchidi who confirmed through Elias Sports Bureau:

Quote:
Thursday marked just the third time in history that the #Flyers won a game when trailing by 3 or more goals after 2 periods, per Elias.
If so, the two occurrences I recall were:
  • April 13, 1997: trailed New Jersey 4-1 through two periods and won 5-4.
  • December 11, 2008: trailed Carolina 5-1 through two periods and won 6-5 in OT.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
According to Sam Carchidi who confirmed through Elias Sports Bureau:

If so, the two occurrences I recall were:
  • April 13, 1997: trailed New Jersey 4-1 through two periods and won 5-4.
  • December 11, 2008: trailed Carolina 5-1 through two periods and won 6-5 in OT.
I immediately thought of this game when I saw the results of this one. I channeled my inner MSE.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I immediately thought of this game when I saw the results of this one. I channeled my inner MSE.
Freddy Myer tied it IIRC.

Edit: Wrong

Last edited by Mr Black: 12-20-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Mr Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 11:56 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Leighton......

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 12:12 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew8 View Post
Honestly when I first saw the goal I wasn't thinking it was that amazing. Of course I was jumping up and down with joy but I didn't think GOTY. But the more I see it, especially from that behind the goal angle, the more impressive it looks.

Giroux made it look so easy. Definately a GOTY candidate.
me too, at first i didnt care and didnt really see how it went in just so pumped they scored then when i watched the replay it was like -wtf he MEANT to do that-wow. also the columbus announcer said something about puckluck then you could tell they were watching the replay and they just kept saying basically ''did that just happen?'' ''unbelievable finish'' etc.-you could tell the more they saw it,the more impressed they were .

Last edited by onlylordsvsmorebp: 12-20-2013 at 02:03 PM.
onlylordsvsmorebp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Garbage Goal

I guess Giroux found all that leadership people thought he was missing. Maybe it's like Space Jam except instead of basketball it's hockey.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Flyerss

i lost connection 3min before the end and i was so mad because the game was getting exciting.

damn i missed that great comeback because of the stupid connection

Flyerss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Flyerss

can you tell me what happened after Gus scored? i lost connection and couldn't watch the rest

Old
12-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
can you tell me what happened after Gus scored? i lost connection and couldn't watch the rest
Claude realized he didn't like losing and just Girouxed the hell out of the game.

12-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Flyerss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Claude realized he didn't like losing and just Girouxed the hell out of the game.
omfg

Old
12-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Lindberg

Until I see otherwise this team just makes me sad. They really could challenge for a cup if they play like they did in the 3rd period of this game and the game versus the Capitals in which they won. Unfortunately they seem really content on just cruising around half a game and staying around a .500 W/L. I suppose all this really means is the flyers are not going to get a #1/#2 draft spot and just fall short of the playoffs or lose in the first round. Imagine if they played with their foot on the gas for 60 minutes and Mason hot in the playoffs. Really would be something to see.

Lindberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2013, 01:39 AM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindberg View Post
Until I see otherwise this team just makes me sad. They really could challenge for a cup if they play like they did in the 3rd period of this game and the game versus the Capitals in which they won. Unfortunately they seem really content on just cruising around half a game and staying around a .500 W/L. I suppose all this really means is the flyers are not going to get a #1/#2 draft spot and just fall short of the playoffs or lose in the first round. Imagine if they played with their foot on the gas for 60 minutes and Mason hot in the playoffs. Really would be something to see.
I thought their first period was fantastic but no finish and one mistake put them behind.

OzFlyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2013, 09:05 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindberg View Post
The team is still a work in progress. The core forwards are still young, including Giroux. We're seeing the maturation of Couturier, Voracek, Schenn, Simmonds, Read. Raffl looks like a top 6 player right now:fast, big, skilled, smart. Same on D with Schenn and Gus, and Mason in G, who are all still young. We need the vets to pick it up now.

I am really surprised at how good Berube has been as head coach. He plays the refs the right way, not showing them up. He's winning his line matchup duels. He's got the team skating and hitting and playing as a 5 man group - closer gaps/puck support.

I am actually encouraged by the fact that this team can play with any team in the league when they are on their game. Esp the east: Pitt? Boston? Wash? Detroit? Tampa? Toronto? Montreal? Bring ANY of them on in a playoff series. Believe me, no one will want to play the Flyers if they make it into the playoffs.

On the other hand, if they start drifting and losing again, well, then write the season off and trade what you can for what you can get and come back hard next year.

We still need a top level Dman to replace Kimmo, assuming he retires. That might mean trading a couple pieces but that's a task that Homer is working on.

I think this is a playoff team if they play to their potential.

Tonight's game and the Minny game are important to win, before the big western road trip. They need to split or better to keep their place in the standings. Then NJ, Montreal, Tampa, Rangers and Buffalo.

This next dozen games will tell the story of the season.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=PHI

By mid January, we'll know for sure what kind of team this is. After a bad start, they've been pretty good.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote