HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Upcoming RFAs

Old
12-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Tampa Bay Kiwi

vCash: 500
Upcoming RFAs

The upcoming off-season the Lightning will have 9 notable RFAs these being Johnson, Palat, Killorn, Brown, Panik, Connolly, Sustr, Barberio and Lindback.

What do you think these players future contracts will look like? Will they be moved elsewhere? Will they be signed to a 2-way contract? Will they be re-signed at all?

Another thing worth talking about is which players will receive bridge contracts or longer offers of 4 years +.

The first couple of guys to sign will likely set the tone somewhat for the rest, who will be the first to re-sign?

A couple of predictions from myself. Sustr will take something very similar to Gudas' current contract.

Lindback re-signs 2 years @ 2m cap-hit.

Palat re-signs 4 years @ 2m cap-hit.

Thoughts?

Also someone feel free to change the pre-fix if needs be.

Tampa Bay Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 05:49 PM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
Pretty sure Palat and Lindy can be re-signed for less.

The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Tampa Bay Kiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Pretty sure Palat and Lindy can be re-signed for less.
I can see Lindy being re-signed for less but whats his motivation being a back-up when he believes he can be a starter? 2@2 could be that motivation for him to keep being solid for us.

Palat at 2m per over 4 years would be solid I think. He will probably be worth more than that in a year or 2.

Old
12-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Ricebox

I can see Johnson, Killorn, Palat and Lindy getting contracts to stay, the rest i wouldn't be surprised with if they went elsewhere.

Ricebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 07:01 PM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricebox View Post
I can see Johnson, Killorn, Palat and Lindy getting contracts to stay, the rest i wouldn't be surprised with if they went elsewhere.
I think we will, and should, re-sign all of them. They're RFAs - no reason to let them walk, and they're coming off of ELCs so they're not eligible for arbitration. They are all talented and have promise. Brown could be an excellent second-third tweener in the future, Panik still has a ton of upside, as well as Connolly.

I would be SHOCKED if SFY didn't qualify each and every one of them.

The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Tampa Bay Kiwi

Quote:
I think we will, and should, re-sign all of them. They're RFAs - no reason to let them walk, and they're coming off of ELCs so they're not eligible for arbitration. They are all talented and have promise. Brown could be an excellent second-third tweener in the future, Panik still has a ton of upside, as well as Connolly.

Only reason I can see for these guys not being re-signed by Yzerman is if he's trades one of them. I'm sure they'll all be qualified

Old
12-20-2013, 07:14 PM
HoseEmDown

Hopefully they all take deals similar to Gudas, we would have a seriously cheap core.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 08:29 PM
chasespace

Johnson, Killorn, and Palat will get a modest raise.

Sustr and Brown will get a decent raise.

Connolly(cap hit wise) and Lindback will be extended without much of a raise. I can even see Connolly being extended for a lower caphit.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Glide5

I think we qualify them all. Only real question mark is Lindback. I wonder if we try to trade him at the draft if we feel like someone in our wood works could be a good back up.

Outside of that, everyone else gets re-signed.

Glide5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
The upcoming off-season the Lightning will have 9 notable RFAs these being Johnson, Palat, Killorn, Brown, Panik, Connolly, Sustr, Barberio and Lindback.

is also korobov and aulie we will have like 25 million total available.

johnson,killorn 1-2-3 years 1-5 mill connolly 1.5 for 1-2 years year deals same what make now. Barberio and palat get a little higher money like 850k maybe even both to 3 year deals.

Lindback I question top deal is 2.1 million for a year imo.

Think korobov gets 1 to 2 year deal same money and Aulie is resigned unless salo plays another year. If salo is signed aulie might just be let go.

Unfinished Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 09:45 PM
DFC

Quote:

Yeah, where they're RFAs I think we bring them all back, except maybe Lindy. We have to measure his contract against Bishop's contract, which might not be good enough for him if he keeps up his current level of play.

Killorn, Johnson, Palat, and possibly Panik (depending on how the rest of the season goes), will probably get one way deals.

Barberio's future with the team depends on his play and how often he cracks the lineup. I don't see us keeping him as an extra D.

DFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 10:03 PM
garmonbozia

Current cap numbers for each. What amount raise is minimum to retain their rights? (10%? 20%?)

Johnson - 900k
Panik - 900k
Killorn - 875k
Brown - 874k
Sustr - 1.35M
Aulie - 975k
Barberio - 675k
Lindback - 1.8M
Connolly - 1.63M
Tyrell - 600k
Korobov - 825k
Palat - 567k

In my opinion, Killorn and Sustr earn deals locking them up at more than twice their current numbers for 3+ years. Lindback, Connolly, and Aulie are the only real risks not to play up to their minimum tender value. We may look to trade them, we may have other internal options for replacing them, we may not be sad to see any of the them go...but, they might all three be back just the same. All the rest can be tendered at minimal risk or offered token raises to re-up short term. Johnson and Palat stand the most to gain from solid performances this season, Tyrell and Barberio stand the most to lose should they not show longer term value.

garmonbozia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2013, 08:13 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmonbozia View Post
Current cap numbers for each. What amount raise is minimum to retain their rights? (10%? 20%?)

Johnson - 900k
Panik - 900k
Killorn - 875k
Brown - 874k
Sustr - 1.35M
Aulie - 975k
Barberio - 675k
Lindback - 1.8M
Connolly - 1.63M
Tyrell - 600k
Korobov - 825k
Palat - 567k

In my opinion, Killorn and Sustr earn deals locking them up at more than twice their current numbers for 3+ years. Lindback, Connolly, and Aulie are the only real risks not to play up to their minimum tender value. We may look to trade them, we may have other internal options for replacing them, we may not be sad to see any of the them go...but, they might all three be back just the same. All the rest can be tendered at minimal risk or offered token raises to re-up short term. Johnson and Palat stand the most to gain from solid performances this season, Tyrell and Barberio stand the most to lose should they not show longer term value.
I can see Killorn getting double what he makes now but why would we pay Sustr 2.7? Hate to compate but Gudas isn't making that and Sustr hasn't shown he's better yet. He will get tendered at 10% over, we overpaid so he'd sign with us that's why his salary is so high already.

Lindback at 2 mil is a great deal if he takes it, we don't have anyone in the system to challenge for the backup spot except maybe Janus but he isn't having a great year and might not come over. Lindback has shown this year why we paid the price we did for him, hope he resigns but we won't sell him for cheap if he doesn't. We'll tender him and maybe he gets an offersheet we can't match but should get us a good pick if we don't match.

Think Barberio gets a one way deal just so it'll be hard for a team to claim him if we send him down. Tyrell might be the only one who we don't tender, don't see a future for him anymore especially with Paquette being a much better option for a 4th line role and deserving a look soon.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote