HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tonight's Game

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2004, 01:28 AM
Capsfan68

vCash: 500
Tonight's Game

4-1!!!!! What in the world? Stana didn't sound like he played that great. I didn't get to listen to much of the game. Anyone's imput would be great.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:41 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsfan68
4-1!!!!! What in the world? Stana didn't sound like he played that great. I didn't get to listen to much of the game. Anyone's imput would be great.

He didn't have much chance on the goals.

#1. Recchi ripped a wrist shot in the top corner through a screen.
#2. LeClair tapped in an empty net as the PP expired.
#3. Handzus wrister from 25 feet right up the slot.
#4. Johnsson rocket in the top corner.

Stana, he didn't make any great great saves, but no bad goals either.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:46 AM
Capsfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
He didn't have much chance on the goals.

#1. Recchi ripped a wrist shot in the top corner through a screen.
#2. LeClair tapped in an empty net as the PP expired.
#3. Handzus wrister from 25 feet right up the slot.
#4. Johnsson rocket in the top corner.

Stana, he didn't make any great great saves, but no bad goals either.

I did listen to "some" of the game and what I heard he had made a couple of good saves so the announcers were going crazy about. I guess it doesn't help when you don't have offense nor defense helping you out. The entire team sucks.

Old
01-26-2004, 02:44 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
I did listen to "some" of the game and what I heard he had made a couple of good saves so the announcers were going crazy about. I guess it doesn't help when you don't have offense nor defense helping you out. The entire team sucks.
What do you by "Some" CF68 or shouldn't it be CF22, LOL. If you weren't in the DC Market, it was entertaining at best esp. when Verot started chirping @ JR, and Fedoruk.

Old
01-26-2004, 02:53 AM
Capsfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH
What do you by "Some" CF68 or shouldn't it be CF22, LOL. If you weren't in the DC Market, it was entertaining at best esp. when Verot started chirping @ JR, and Fedoruk.
No, I wasn't there tonight because I knew the snow was coming. What is your insight on the rest of the players and how they played? What was your opinion of Stana tonight. A friend of mine said that Darren Pang said that Ollie is more than likely going to be traded and they will call up Max and let him and "Rat" share game time. How much truth is behind that?

Old
01-26-2004, 01:21 PM
txpd

Quote:
No, I wasn't there tonight because I knew the snow was coming. What is your insight on the rest of the players and how they played? What was your opinion of Stana tonight. A friend of mine said that Darren Pang said that Ollie is more than likely going to be traded and they will call up Max and let him and "Rat" share game time. How much truth is behind that?
1. Rat was ok. Buttefly goalies give up over the shoulder goals more than anything else and when you are a small butterfly goalie there is more over the shoulder room to shoot at. As a correction, the Handzus goal went between his arm and his body.
And only the Leclair goals was a no chance goal. the other 3 were at least 25 ft out. good goalies on good nights do get those.

2. Kolzig may well be traded and based on his interview with Pang he is ready for it.
Kolzig said, "if the plan is to rebuild, maybe the best thing is to move on."

3. For those of you that invite and encourage the Capitals to trade Kolzig to see more of Max and Rat and want to see Lang, Gonchar, and Bondra moved as well...should we go ahead and add Carter to that group?....Last night is a good example of what you will be watching. Behind 2-0 before the first shot on goal. 3 shots on goal in 5 power play chances. 13 shots on goal for the game. With most of the game played in the Capitals defensive zone.

I was pretty disgusted last night. They tried. They played with heart and there are those that would rather watch them get pounded while trying that win with a half effort. I don't fall into that catagory.

If the Caps decide to trade the stars for prospects and rebuild from step one, thats fine with me. Call me when its soup.

Old
01-26-2004, 03:01 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
I watched the entire game. I did thing they really played hard. They were the most physical vs. the flyers than I have seen in years. Witt made some nice hits. . . I didn't think it was even him at first, hah.