HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #36|Sat., Dec. 21, 2013|Flyers at Blue Jackets |7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-21-2013, 02:43 PM
  #26
sa cyred
Offseason...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,611
vCash: 500
Downie being hurt all the time is starting to get real annoying.

sa cyred is online now  
Old
12-21-2013, 02:47 PM
  #27
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Downie being hurt all the time is starting to get real annoying.
It's probably going to hurt his chances of being resigned. They'll probably let him go if he gets injured once more or if an injury lingers.

Striiker is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 02:53 PM
  #28
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It
 
Flyersfan1493's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Downie being hurt all the time is starting to get real annoying.
Story of his career.

Flyersfan1493 is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 02:54 PM
  #29
OzFlyers
Registered Boozer
 
OzFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
It sounds like Vinny is nearly ready to come back in.

OzFlyers is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 02:56 PM
  #30
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,801
vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
It sounds like Vinny is nearly ready to come back in.
Last I heard was for the post Xmas road trip, but this might speed up his healing.

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 02:56 PM
  #31
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,330
vCash: 500
Wow, that sucks.

I would put VV between Simmer and Hartnell and move Schenn to Couts wing. I think Brayden would benefit from playing with some people who could finish his set-ups for a change or perhaps set him up.

VV is really the only option to move up, he's played well IMO but he's a 4th liner. If they had time I obviously would have preferred they called up a phantom like Akeson (21pts in 26 games) of course but I assume this is a last minutes injury. A call up would prevent two things, one wouldn't VV have to play over his head and two keep Rosehill out of the lineup.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 02:57 PM
  #32
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Last I heard was for the post Xmas road trip, but this might speed up his healing.
Yeah, heard time table was still the same. 2-3 weeks with Vinny saying 2 weeks.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:04 PM
  #33
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I would put VV between Simmer and Hartnell and move Schenn to Couts wing. I think Brayden would benefit from playing with some people who could finish his set-ups for a change or perhaps set him up.
I hate this idea, honestly. You're basically just asking for trouble, given how Hartnell is playing.

Give Simmonds Downie's spot with Couturier and Read and slot whoever with Hartnell and Schenn.

EDIT: Mostly because I think they need to figure out where Schenn fits best positionally, and leave him there. Bouncing back and forth between C and LW can't help.


Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 12-21-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Jack de la Hoya is online now  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:09 PM
  #34
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Wow, that sucks.

I would put VV between Simmer and Hartnell and move Schenn to Couts wing. I think Brayden would benefit from playing with some people who could finish his set-ups for a change or perhaps set him up.

VV is really the only option to move up, he's played well IMO but he's a 4th liner. If they had time I obviously would have preferred they called up a phantom like Akeson (21pts in 26 games) of course but I assume this is a last minutes injury. A call up would prevent two things, one wouldn't VV have to play over his head and two keep Rosehill out of the lineup.
I'd like to see a line of Schenn-Couturier-Read too. No line with Hartnell on it is going to produce so lets just put him with VendeVelde since he's not going to be producing anything either.

Schenn is very similar to Giroux in the way that people are being really critical of him but I'll bet as soon as you give him decent linemates he'll look good again, just like Giroux. The poor guy is stuck with Horrible Hartnell and Simmonds, not exactly players who capitalize on good passes or set you up to score.

Striiker is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:15 PM
  #35
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I'd like to see a line of Schenn-Couturier-Read too. No line with Hartnell on it is going to produce so lets just put him with VendeVelde since he's not going to be producing anything either.

Schenn is very similar to Giroux in the way that people are being really critical of him but I'll bet as soon as you give him decent linemates he'll look good again, just like Giroux. The poor guy is stuck with Horrible Hartnell and Simmonds, not exactly players who capitalize on good passes or set you up to score.
Exactly. Even before Vinny's injury he wasn't doing much offensively for like a week to two weeks. Schenn's been cold in terms of offensive production but if you watch him he's setting Simmer and Hartnell up left and right but neither one of them can finish. Give Schenn better line mates and he'll produce again.

Hartnell and Simmer have been pretty much useless recently so give them VV and just hope for the best. I really don't see how the alternatives of keeping Hartnell and Schenn together is the better option. Similarly moving Hartnell to the Couturier line seems like a terrible idea. I think my suggestion just makes the best out of a bad situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I hate this idea, honestly. You're basically just asking for trouble, given how Hartnell is playing.

Give Simmonds Downie's spot with Couturier and Read and slot whoever with Hartnell and Schenn.

EDIT: Mostly because I think they need to figure out where Schenn fits best positionally, and leave him there. Bouncing back and forth between C and LW can't help.
So then try RW. Read can play either side and Schenn seems to play well on the left side of the ice.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:18 PM
  #36
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Downie is really important to fielding a more complete lineup and more well rounded lineup. This sucks.

Only a week or so supposedly and Lecavalier is due back around the same time too. Besides that we really don't have any right to complain about injuries. We've actually been doing pretty well and lucky on that front this season.

Garbage Goal is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:19 PM
  #37
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Exactly. Even before Vinny's injury he wasn't doing much offensively for like a week to two weeks. Schenn's been cold in terms of offensive production but if you watch him he's setting Simmer and Hartnell up left and right but neither one of them can finish. Give Schenn better line mates and he'll produce again.

Hartnell and Simmer have been pretty much useless recently so give them VV and just hope for the best. I really don't see how the alternatives of keeping Hartnell and Schenn together is the better option. Similarly moving Hartnell to the Couturier line seems like a terrible idea. I think my suggestion just makes the best out of a bad situation.
Schenn is also not a liability defensively...he showed that last year.

Appleyard is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:23 PM
  #38
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Schenn is also not a liability defensively...he showed that last year.
Definitely. I think Brayden gets ragged on for a lot for no reason. People say his only good attribute is his shot but that's simply not true. I don't know how anyone can say that after all these fancy dishes he's had especially recently. I assume most don't remember them just cause Simmer and Hartnell haven't been able to put them in the back of the net. Schenn is decent defensively (and can pk if you need him to), has a good shot, is an underrated passer and can be really physical. When he fills out (I mean he's only 22 and what ~190lbs) and gets more consistent he's gonna be beast. Not necessarily a guy who puts up mad points but definitely the type of player you want on your team come playoff time and against rivals.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:25 PM
  #39
mantis toboggan
Registered User
 
mantis toboggan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
I don't feel confident at all whenever emery is in net. That being said I think we build off that win the other night and come out with a win

mantis toboggan is online now  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:26 PM
  #40
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,536
vCash: 500
AWWW **** Lecavelier is back in tonight!

Well now I wonder what the lines will look like...

Obviously Raffl-Giroux-Voracek stays

But now is it

Schenn-Lecavelier-Simmonds
Hartnell-Couturier-Read

Hartnell-Lecavelier-Schenn
Read-Couturier-Simmonds

Hartnell-Lecavelier-Simmonds
Schenn-Couturier-Read

??????

Striiker is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:27 PM
  #41
OzFlyers
Registered Boozer
 
OzFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Last I heard was for the post Xmas road trip, but this might speed up his healing.
@NHLFlyers
ROSTER UPDATE: Vincent Lecavalier will return to the lineup tonight vs. Columbus.

OzFlyers is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:30 PM
  #42
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 500
Lecavalier in again? That's weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Definitely. I think Brayden gets ragged on for a lot for no reason. People say his only good attribute is his shot but that's simply not true. I don't know how anyone can say that after all these fancy dishes he's had especially recently. I assume most don't remember them just cause Simmer and Hartnell haven't been able to put them in the back of the net. Schenn is decent defensively (and can pk if you need him to), has a good shot, is an underrated passer and can be really physical. When he fills out (I mean he's only 22 and what ~190lbs) and gets more consistent he's gonna be beast. Not necessarily a guy who puts up mad points but definitely the type of player you want on your team come playoff time and against rivals.
Best way I can phrase it is that Schenn doesn't really seem to excel in any way that impresses. He never seem too bad but he never seems too great or a game changer by any means. I like having him and don't want to trade him for now, but considering the hype he used to have, the title of "best player not in the NHL" or whatever it was, and who we traded for him people want more. At the moment he seems like a 60 to 70 point player even at the absolute best and that's not what people want nor expected back then.

EDIT: A guy like Couturier stands out. A guy like Giroux stands out. Even a guy like Read stands out in his own way. Schenn just...yeah. I'll leave it at that.

Garbage Goal is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:32 PM
  #43
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 13,862
vCash: 50
Not the worst time for Downie to get hurt. Hopefully he only misses two games.

Curufinwe is online now  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:36 PM
  #44
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Definitely. I think Brayden gets ragged on for a lot for no reason. People say his only good attribute is his shot but that's simply not true. I don't know how anyone can say that after all these fancy dishes he's had especially recently. I assume most don't remember them just cause Simmer and Hartnell haven't been able to put them in the back of the net. Schenn is decent defensively (and can pk if you need him to), has a good shot, is an underrated passer and can be really physical. When he fills out (I mean he's only 22 and what ~190lbs) and gets more consistent he's gonna be beast. Not necessarily a guy who puts up mad points but definitely the type of player you want on your team come playoff time and against rivals.
Schenn at this point in his NHL career does almost everything to an above average level... but nothing elitely or arguably even really well. (Maybe shot... it is a beautiful shot that boy has!) His passing I think will be great as he develops... he was insane in juniors and WJC. His pass was better than his shot at that level.

I think that is why people rag on him, as he was so highly touted. He is well rounded and has no glaring weakness... not many NHL players can say that. His hockey IQ is not amazing, but he is always in a decent position offensively and defensively.

I still think he is going to be a 60 point player at minimum.

Appleyard is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:38 PM
  #45
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty
 
Dirty but Good's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,625
vCash: 500
My Flyers victory song just came on the radio and since I had no radio control in the car I couldn't change the station.

Game is jinxed, sorry Flyers nation. Lol.

Dirty but Good is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:38 PM
  #46
Flyerss
Registered User
 
Flyerss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 50
woooo vinny is back

Flyerss is online now  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:41 PM
  #47
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It
 
Flyersfan1493's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
@NHLFlyers
ROSTER UPDATE: Vincent Lecavalier will return to the lineup tonight vs. Columbus.
Find out Downie is out for a week, and now Lecavalier is magically ready to play? Riiiiiiigghhtttt......

Flyersfan1493 is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:46 PM
  #48
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 13,862
vCash: 50
Maybe playing with Coots and Read might get Hartnell playing smarter.

Curufinwe is online now  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:48 PM
  #49
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty
 
Dirty but Good's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Find out Downie is out for a week, and now Lecavalier is magically ready to play? Riiiiiiigghhtttt......
Downie magically sacrificed his good health to heal Vinny. What a great team player.

Dirty but Good is offline  
Old
12-21-2013, 03:49 PM
  #50
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Find out Downie is out for a week, and now Lecavalier is magically ready to play? Riiiiiiigghhtttt......
They figured out how to swap players body parts finally!

'Downie has a knock, wont be able to go...'

'Well, if he can't play we will give Vinny his spine for the night... that will work out.'

Pronger brain into Coburn body imminent.

Bourdon can be a body part mule... his head is a no go, but they can farm him to keep other guys off the injury list. Unlucky for Bourdon, great for the Flyers.

Appleyard is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.