HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #36|Sat., Dec. 21, 2013|Flyers at Blue Jackets |7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2013, 02:43 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Downie being hurt all the time is starting to get real annoying.

Old
12-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
It's probably going to hurt his chances of being resigned. They'll probably let him go if he gets injured once more or if an injury lingers.

Old
12-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Story of his career.

Old
12-21-2013, 02:54 PM
OzFlyers
Registered Boozer

It sounds like Vinny is nearly ready to come back in.

Old
12-21-2013, 02:56 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
It sounds like Vinny is nearly ready to come back in.
Last I heard was for the post Xmas road trip, but this might speed up his healing.

Old
12-21-2013, 02:56 PM
FlyersFan61290

Wow, that sucks.

I would put VV between Simmer and Hartnell and move Schenn to Couts wing. I think Brayden would benefit from playing with some people who could finish his set-ups for a change or perhaps set him up.

VV is really the only option to move up, he's played well IMO but he's a 4th liner. If they had time I obviously would have preferred they called up a phantom like Akeson (21pts in 26 games) of course but I assume this is a last minutes injury. A call up would prevent two things, one wouldn't VV have to play over his head and two keep Rosehill out of the lineup.

Old
12-21-2013, 02:57 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Last I heard was for the post Xmas road trip, but this might speed up his healing.
Yeah, heard time table was still the same. 2-3 weeks with Vinny saying 2 weeks.

Old
12-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I would put VV between Simmer and Hartnell and move Schenn to Couts wing. I think Brayden would benefit from playing with some people who could finish his set-ups for a change or perhaps set him up.
I hate this idea, honestly. You're basically just asking for trouble, given how Hartnell is playing.

Give Simmonds Downie's spot with Couturier and Read and slot whoever with Hartnell and Schenn.

EDIT: Mostly because I think they need to figure out where Schenn fits best positionally, and leave him there. Bouncing back and forth between C and LW can't help.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 12-21-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old
12-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Wow, that sucks.

VV is really the only option to move up, he's played well IMO but he's a 4th liner. If they had time I obviously would have preferred they called up a phantom like Akeson (21pts in 26 games) of course but I assume this is a last minutes injury. A call up would prevent two things, one wouldn't VV have to play over his head and two keep Rosehill out of the lineup.
I'd like to see a line of Schenn-Couturier-Read too. No line with Hartnell on it is going to produce so lets just put him with VendeVelde since he's not going to be producing anything either.

Schenn is very similar to Giroux in the way that people are being really critical of him but I'll bet as soon as you give him decent linemates he'll look good again, just like Giroux. The poor guy is stuck with Horrible Hartnell and Simmonds, not exactly players who capitalize on good passes or set you up to score.

Old
12-21-2013, 03:15 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I'd like to see a line of Schenn-Couturier-Read too. No line with Hartnell on it is going to produce so lets just put him with VendeVelde since he's not going to be producing anything either.

Schenn is very similar to Giroux in the way that people are being really critical of him but I'll bet as soon as you give him decent linemates he'll look good again, just like Giroux. The poor guy is stuck with Horrible Hartnell and Simmonds, not exactly players who capitalize on good passes or set you up to score.
Exactly. Even before Vinny's injury he wasn't doing much offensively for like a week to two weeks. Schenn's been cold in terms of offensive production but if you watch him he's setting Simmer and Hartnell up left and right but neither one of them can finish. Give Schenn better line mates and he'll produce again.

Hartnell and Simmer have been pretty much useless recently so give them VV and just hope for the best. I really don't see how the alternatives of keeping Hartnell and Schenn together is the better option. Similarly moving Hartnell to the Couturier line seems like a terrible idea. I think my suggestion just makes the best out of a bad situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I hate this idea, honestly. You're basically just asking for trouble, given how Hartnell is playing.

Give Simmonds Downie's spot with Couturier and Read and slot whoever with Hartnell and Schenn.

EDIT: Mostly because I think they need to figure out where Schenn fits best positionally, and leave him there. Bouncing back and forth between C and LW can't help.
So then try RW. Read can play either side and Schenn seems to play well on the left side of the ice.

Old
12-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Garbage Goal

Downie is really important to fielding a more complete lineup and more well rounded lineup. This sucks.

Only a week or so supposedly and Lecavalier is due back around the same time too. Besides that we really don't have any right to complain about injuries. We've actually been doing pretty well and lucky on that front this season.

Old
12-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Exactly. Even before Vinny's injury he wasn't doing much offensively for like a week to two weeks. Schenn's been cold in terms of offensive production but if you watch him he's setting Simmer and Hartnell up left and right but neither one of them can finish. Give Schenn better line mates and he'll produce again.

Hartnell and Simmer have been pretty much useless recently so give them VV and just hope for the best. I really don't see how the alternatives of keeping Hartnell and Schenn together is the better option. Similarly moving Hartnell to the Couturier line seems like a terrible idea. I think my suggestion just makes the best out of a bad situation.
Schenn is also not a liability defensively...he showed that last year.

Old
12-21-2013, 03:23 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Schenn is also not a liability defensively...he showed that last year.
Definitely. I think Brayden gets ragged on for a lot for no reason. People say his only good attribute is his shot but that's simply not true. I don't know how anyone can say that after all these fancy dishes he's had especially recently. I assume most don't remember them just cause Simmer and Hartnell haven't been able to put them in the back of the net. Schenn is decent defensively (and can pk if you need him to), has a good shot, is an underrated passer and can be really physical. When he fills out (I mean he's only 22 and what ~190lbs) and gets more consistent he's gonna be beast. Not necessarily a guy who puts up mad points but definitely the type of player you want on your team come playoff time and against rivals.

Old
12-21-2013, 03:25 PM
mantis toboggan

I don't feel confident at all whenever emery is in net. That being said I think we build off that win the other night and come out with a win

Old
12-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

AWWW **** Lecavelier is back in tonight!

Well now I wonder what the lines will look like...

Obviously Raffl-Giroux-Voracek stays

But now is it

Schenn-Lecavelier-Simmonds
Hartnell-Couturier-Read

Hartnell-Lecavelier-Schenn
Read-Couturier-Simmonds

Hartnell-Lecavelier-Simmonds
Schenn-Couturier-Read

??????

Old
12-21-2013, 03:27 PM
OzFlyers
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
@NHLFlyers
ROSTER UPDATE: Vincent Lecavalier will return to the lineup tonight vs. Columbus.

Old
12-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Garbage Goal

Lecavalier in again? That's weird.

Quote:
Definitely. I think Brayden gets ragged on for a lot for no reason. People say his only good attribute is his shot but that's simply not true. I don't know how anyone can say that after all these fancy dishes he's had especially recently. I assume most don't remember them just cause Simmer and Hartnell haven't been able to put them in the back of the net. Schenn is decent defensively (and can pk if you need him to), has a good shot, is an underrated passer and can be really physical. When he fills out (I mean he's only 22 and what ~190lbs) and gets more consistent he's gonna be beast. Not necessarily a guy who puts up mad points but definitely the type of player you want on your team come playoff time and against rivals.
Best way I can phrase it is that Schenn doesn't really seem to excel in any way that impresses. He never seem too bad but he never seems too great or a game changer by any means. I like having him and don't want to trade him for now, but considering the hype he used to have, the title of "best player not in the NHL" or whatever it was, and who we traded for him people want more. At the moment he seems like a 60 to 70 point player even at the absolute best and that's not what people want nor expected back then.

EDIT: A guy like Couturier stands out. A guy like Giroux stands out. Even a guy like Read stands out in his own way. Schenn just...yeah. I'll leave it at that.

Old
12-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Not the worst time for Downie to get hurt. Hopefully he only misses two games.

Old
12-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Schenn at this point in his NHL career does almost everything to an above average level... but nothing elitely or arguably even really well. (Maybe shot... it is a beautiful shot that boy has!) His passing I think will be great as he develops... he was insane in juniors and WJC. His pass was better than his shot at that level.

I think that is why people rag on him, as he was so highly touted. He is well rounded and has no glaring weakness... not many NHL players can say that. His hockey IQ is not amazing, but he is always in a decent position offensively and defensively.

I still think he is going to be a 60 point player at minimum.

Old
12-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

My Flyers victory song just came on the radio and since I had no radio control in the car I couldn't change the station.

Game is jinxed, sorry Flyers nation. Lol.

Old
12-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Flyerss

woooo vinny is back

Old
12-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
@NHLFlyers
ROSTER UPDATE: Vincent Lecavalier will return to the lineup tonight vs. Columbus.
Find out Downie is out for a week, and now Lecavalier is magically ready to play? Riiiiiiigghhtttt......

Old
12-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Curufinwe

Maybe playing with Coots and Read might get Hartnell playing smarter.

Old
12-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Find out Downie is out for a week, and now Lecavalier is magically ready to play? Riiiiiiigghhtttt......
Downie magically sacrificed his good health to heal Vinny. What a great team player.

Old
12-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
They figured out how to swap players body parts finally!

'Downie has a knock, wont be able to go...'

'Well, if he can't play we will give Vinny his spine for the night... that will work out.'

Pronger brain into Coburn body imminent.

Bourdon can be a body part mule... his head is a no go, but they can farm him to keep other guys off the injury list. Unlucky for Bourdon, great for the Flyers.

Closed Thread