HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

David Rundblad

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-20-2013, 03:34 PM
  #101
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse
 
IPreferPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
Been away for the past week, so just catching up on the games. I've been a critic of Rundblad, but I think the Tampa game was his best game to date.
I agree, and he also got his first point of the season! Unfortunately for him, it was overshadowed by the stellar debut of Connor Murphy.

IPreferPi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 05:32 PM
  #102
zerekstar
Registered User
 
zerekstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Thunderbay, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 957
vCash: 500
Maybe Tip sees Rundblad as a keeper and for the moment, has to sit him while he showcases Schlemko so he can raise his value in a trade and then plays Rundblad more after.

zerekstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 05:59 PM
  #103
SweYote
Registered User
 
SweYote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lund, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerekstar View Post
Maybe Tip sees Rundblad as a keeper and for the moment, has to sit him while he showcases Schlemko so he can raise his value in a trade and then plays Rundblad more after.
Does not sound like Tippett to me at all. He puts the players he thinks will give the team the best chance to win on the ice, no exceptions.

SweYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 06:09 PM
  #104
zerekstar
Registered User
 
zerekstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Thunderbay, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 957
vCash: 500
Yeah that's true. I don't know what I was thinking.

zerekstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 11:20 AM
  #105
okiepig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: East of the Kaluts
Country: United States
Posts: 158
vCash: 500
Rundblad's game has looked pretty good the past couple of games, once he forgets about not making mistakes it will help.

okiepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 02:24 PM
  #106
aloonda
fear the rooster
 
aloonda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,858
vCash: 500
stars fan here, this came up on our board----

rundblad for whitney----add as needed?

thoughts?

aloonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 02:35 PM
  #107
CC96
Serious Offender
 
CC96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 11,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloonda View Post
stars fan here, this came up on our board----

rundblad for whitney----add as needed?

thoughts?
We love Whitney, but he's coming up on 42, so trading a young-defenseman with high potential for him is not in our best interests, regardless of our defense logjam. If he's available at the deadline the best we would offer would probably be a 2nd. round pick

CC96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 02:40 PM
  #108
aloonda
fear the rooster
 
aloonda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,858
vCash: 500
what would need to be added? just was intrigued, understand it needs to be a two way street

aloonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 03:45 PM
  #109
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,481
vCash: 500
I'd be more interested in Peverley.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 03:48 PM
  #110
Desert Ice 11
Release 20140726 :|
 
Desert Ice 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,766
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd be more interested in Peverley.
I have like him since the Thrashers. I think he has more than 4th line talent. Can he play wing?

Desert Ice 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 04:02 PM
  #111
aloonda
fear the rooster
 
aloonda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,858
vCash: 500
pevs can play any forward

aloonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 04:03 PM
  #112
Captain Awesome
Registered User
 
Captain Awesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,974
vCash: 500
Peverley can play wing or center, not sure how excited I would be to trade him for Runblad, though. He's the perfect utility player.

Is Gormley's estimated value still astronomical?

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 04:32 PM
  #113
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,481
vCash: 500
Yes. Gormley's value is astronomical.

Rundblad's shouldn't be terrible, either. He's a hell of a prospect.

I'd be open to a deal centered around him and Peverley, though. Not Whitney. Even in the case of Peverley, we'd have to find a way to even up the salary and contracts. Like we add Klesla and you add an AHL player of some kind. Maybe Curtis McKenzie or somebody.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 07:38 PM
  #114
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,240
vCash: 500
Trading Rundblad for anything less than what he is would be counterproductive. Trading someone who could potentially be a first pairing defenseman for the rest of his career for a someone who's remaining career length is probably a year...that would be giving up.

If Rundblad doesn't turn out to what we think he could be, then whatever, we took a gamble that 29 other GM's would've taken, while also ridding our organization of a whiney twerp in Turris. With that said, I think we can all agree that it is looking like he has a greater chance at reaching his potential, than not. If you are one of the few that has written him off completely, you belong with the other 12 year old kids on the main forum who say Ovechkin's career is over, and that anyone drafted 2010 or earlier that hasn't played a game in the NHL is a bust.

The safer hand to play in this situation would be to keep him and give him a genuine shot. If you were going to trade him, the time do it has passed. His value is probably at an all time low, due to the fact that people are starting to doubt that he can crack an NHL roster because of the depth we possess. Then, a defense desperate team calls you and offers you a player that is older and past his prime, but makes you believe you are coming out on top due to the fact that you are receiving tired, but proven production while they take the risk for you. That's when you make the mistake that Montreal did, and trade McDonough for Scott Gomez.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 07:56 PM
  #115
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloonda View Post
stars fan here, this came up on our board----

rundblad for whitney----add as needed?

thoughts?
How desperate do you really think we are?

Rundblad is viewed as a future all-star caliber D. Whitney is one and done and is making $4.5 million.

We might offer Klesla provided we have $1 million left in budget (which we don't based on the media reports).

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 08:01 PM
  #116
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Trading Rundblad for anything less than what he is would be counterproductive. Trading someone who could potentially be a first pairing defenseman for the rest of his career for a someone who's remaining career length is probably a year...that would be giving up.

If Rundblad doesn't turn out to what we think he could be, then whatever, we took a gamble that 29 other GM's would've taken, while also ridding our organization of a whiney twerp in Turris. With that said, I think we can all agree that it is looking like he has a greater chance at reaching his potential, than not. If you are one of the few that has written him off completely, you belong with the other 12 year old kids on the main forum who say Ovechkin's career is over, and that anyone drafted 2010 or earlier that hasn't played a game in the NHL is a bust.

The safer hand to play in this situation would be to keep him and give him a genuine shot. If you were going to trade him, the time do it has passed. His value is probably at an all time low, due to the fact that people are starting to doubt that he can crack an NHL roster because of the depth we possess. Then, a defense desperate team calls you and offers you a player that is older and past his prime, but makes you believe you are coming out on top due to the fact that you are receiving tired, but proven production while they take the risk for you. That's when you make the mistake that Montreal did, and trade McDonough for Scott Gomez.
I completely agree with you. You are correct. The problem is that the bolded scenario isn't exactly realistic. Michalek will be back this week. Maybe Morris, too. It's back to squareonesville for Rundblad, watching every game wearing a tie. If Don Maloney has an extremely good indication that Rundblad isn't going to demand a trade and bolt for Europe, than yeah, patience is the way to go because he does have such great potential. If he starts to get the slightest inkling that that the kid is getting fed up, he's got to get what he can while he can. By that I do NOT mean a 42 year old Whitney, but if there's another asset we can use and isn't one and done, it's worth exploring.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 08:13 PM
  #117
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I completely agree with you. You are correct. The problem is that the bolded scenario isn't exactly realistic. Michalek will be back this week. Maybe Morris, too. It's back to squareonesville for Rundblad, watching every game wearing a tie. If Don Maloney has an extremely good indication that Rundblad isn't going to demand a trade and bolt for Europe, than yeah, patience is the way to go because he does have such great potential. If he starts to get the slightest inkling that that the kid is getting fed up, he's got to get what he can while he can. By that I do NOT mean a 42 year old Whitney, but if there's another asset we can use and isn't one and done, it's worth exploring.
2 year deal and a transfer agreement. Can't bolt.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 12:37 AM
  #118
rayzor32
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
David Rundblad and Lauri Korpikoski for Milan Michalek


Last edited by rayzor32: 12-22-2013 at 01:07 AM.
rayzor32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 12:51 AM
  #119
Ted Mosby
Registered User
 
Ted Mosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MacLaren's
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzor32 View Post
David Rundblad for Milan Michalek
I doubt we'd trade a 23-year-old for a pending UFA. But, the major point here is the salary difference. Michalek makes $6 mil. and we're near/at max budget. Trades need to be, essentially, dollar for dollar.

Ted Mosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 01:39 AM
  #120
Naurutger
#FreeMax
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzor32 View Post
David Rundblad and Lauri Korpikoski for Milan Michalek
You want mike smith oliver and yandle while youre at it?

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 02:12 AM
  #121
Karlkarotte
Registered User
 
Karlkarotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
2 year deal and a transfer agreement. Can't bolt.
i know this right handed guy who played for jersey that would disagree.

Karlkarotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 03:35 AM
  #122
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlkarotte View Post
i know this right handed guy who played for jersey that would disagree.
New Jersey mutually agreed to void his contract. Not applicable.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 07:51 AM
  #123
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlkarotte View Post
i know this right handed guy who played for jersey that would disagree.
No transfer agreement with KHL. The post I was responding was concerned specifically about Rundblad bolting for Europe with the implication being the SEL.

SEL there is a transfer agreement in place.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 09:04 AM
  #124
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
No transfer agreement with KHL. The post I was responding was concerned specifically about Rundblad bolting for Europe with the implication being the SEL.

SEL there is a transfer agreement in place.
I believe there is a transfer agreement with the KHL now...
but anyways the other player mentioned retired and the Dev's didn't question it (to get out of that contract, which would have ruined them financially).

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 09:08 AM
  #125
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I believe there is a transfer agreement with the KHL now...
but anyways the other player mentioned retired and the Dev's didn't question it (to get out of that contract, which would have ruined them financially).
Still no agreement w KHL

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.