HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dylan McIlrath (1/6: Skated without problem )

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-22-2013, 11:13 AM
  #76
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,382
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
MDZ is the better player at this point, and still has potential moving forward to be a very good player, but I think McIlrath will be more valuable to the team down the line. I'm really high on this kid, not just because he's a mean SOB, but because he's a very good defenseman.
You're probably right, especially if he follows the right track of development. I just don't want to see him yo-yo'd and burned in the NHL if he isn't ready.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:18 AM
  #77
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
It's funny, but the same people harping Dagoon about him being mad at Sather/AV for this are the same people who are going "well, thank God we traded Gaborik because he's injured again"

HF Logic. Can't have it both ways.

For the record, both are ridiculous statements and thoughts to have.

Who's to say McIlrath wouldn't have been injured in the NHL? Same logic, who's to say Gaborik would have the same injury problems if he stayed in New York?

"Mr. Glass" played 47 games last season, 102 the year before, 62 games in 10-11, and 76 in 09-10.

But THANK GOD we traded that guy who is seriously just injured everywhere he goes.
How are these two things even remotely related?

People are saying it's good we traded Gaborik because of all the injury issues. Because of those, we're better off trading him, getting his cap hit off the books, and acquiring a few assets.

Dagoon is insinuating that Sather & AV should be fired because McIlrath got hurt. As if they are behind the injury.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:18 AM
  #78
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
Del Zaster?

You prefer McIlrath who is no good at defense, over DZ who IS good at defense? At least DZ can play the position. Oh man
Mcilrath is a kid. He's gonna make mistakes but at least he brings it. I wasn't a fan of the pick at all, but he's here and he's nasty and big and that cannot hurt this sorry as team right now.

Del zotto is a 5 yr pro who plays like a rookie and a soft one at that. Dude is slow and dumb.

I'll say it again, the least productive offensive dman that I can think of. Just dreadful.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:22 AM
  #79
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
How are these two things even remotely related?

People are saying it's good we traded Gaborik because of all the injury issues. Because of those, we're better off trading him, getting his cap hit off the books, and acquiring a few assets.

Dagoon is insinuating that Sather & AV should be fired because McIlrath got hurt. As if they are behind the injury.
They're similar arguments.

Daggon is insinuating that Sather and AV should be fired BECAUSE they sent McIlrath down, and that's where got hurt.

Posters on HF (ones arguing with Dagoon) are applauding the Gaborik trade because he got hurt in Columbus, despite rarely being hurt with the Rangers.

This is how I see it. I understand that people view things differently. What I see as blue, and what you see as blue could be very different things - and that's okay. It's what makes the world both a beautiful, and terrible place.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:30 AM
  #80
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,073
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
They're similar arguments.

Daggon is insinuating that Sather and AV should be fired BECAUSE they sent McIlrath down, and that's where got hurt.

Posters on HF (ones arguing with Dagoon) are applauding the Gaborik trade because he got hurt in Columbus, despite rarely being hurt with the Rangers.

This is how I see it. I understand that people view things differently. What I see as blue, and what you see as blue could be very different things - and that's okay. It's what makes the world both a beautiful, and terrible place.
He missed a decent chunk of games in 10-11 (and his play was obviously affected by the injury) and tore his labrum in the playoffs in 2012. He also had an abdominal injury he was playing with while with the Rangers last season, that he needed surgery for at season's end. It's not an apt comparison. Gaborik has and always will be a big time injury risk.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:34 AM
  #81
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
He missed a decent chunk of games in 10-11 (and his play was obviously affected by the injury) and tore his labrum in the playoffs in 2012. He also had an abdominal injury he was playing with while with the Rangers last season, that he needed surgery for at season's end. It's not an apt comparison. Gaborik has and always will be a big time injury risk.
Like I said, I see it as an apt comparison, to use your words. Fair enough if other people don't.

I just don't see how you can argue against someone saying that a player got injured here, but wouldn't be injured there. And then say that it's a good thing the player got injured there, assuming he'd be injured here too.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:36 AM
  #82
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Fast IS A VERY SOLID PROSPECT AND YES HE WAS INJURED, I AND MOST OF THE PEOPLE I SPOKE TO DIDNT THINK HE WAS NHL READY AND NEVER SHOULD HAVE MADE THE TEAM TO START WITH.. FIGHTING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THE KID CAN ADD A ELEMENT WE HAVE LACKED FOR 15 YRS. TAKE YOU IGNORANT ANTI ME VISION OUT OF YOUR POSTS AND FOCUS ON THE POINT UNLESS YOUR UNABLE TO STOP YOUR OBSESSION IN SHOOTING ME DOWN.. AV AND SATHER ARE BOTH HORRIBLE SO FAR THIS YR.. BY THE WAY HANK SUCKS REALLY BAD THIS SEASON AV CONTINUED PLAYING HIM IS A JOKE .NO ONE ON THIS BOARD HAS STOPPED THE MAN CRUSHING ON HIM BUT I AM WRONG FOR LIKING SOMEONE OTHER THEN HANK I GET IT..
It's ridiculous to suggest that AV and Sather should be fired because they sent McIlrath down to the AHL and he got hurt, as though one has anything to do with the other. Yeah, the team can use what McIlrath brings, but he isn't ready, no matter how much you want him to be.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:40 AM
  #83
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
They're similar arguments.

Daggon is insinuating that Sather and AV should be fired BECAUSE they sent McIlrath down, and that's where got hurt.

Posters on HF (ones arguing with Dagoon) are applauding the Gaborik trade because he got hurt in Columbus, despite rarely being hurt with the Rangers.

This is how I see it. I understand that people view things differently. What I see as blue, and what you see as blue could be very different things - and that's okay. It's what makes the world both a beautiful, and terrible place.
There's still a logical disconnect. This isn't a difference of opinion thing. You're literally comparing apples and oranges.

NYR fans were happy to get assets for a player who is constantly injured.

Dagoon is mad at Sather an AV because McIlrath got injured.


One thing was a decision made by Sather. The other thing Sather has no control over. Your point would have merit if Dagoon was simply mad at McIlrath being in the NHL. However, his post implies that McIlrath getting injured is something that Sather & AV had some sort of control over.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:46 AM
  #84
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
There's still a logical disconnect. This isn't a difference of opinion thing. You're literally comparing apples and oranges.

NYR fans were happy to get assets for a player who is constantly injured.

Dagoon is mad at Sather an AV because McIlrath got injured.


One thing was a decision made by Sather. The other thing Sather has no control over. Your point would have merit if Dagoon was simply mad at McIlrath being in the NHL. However, his post implies that McIlrath getting injured is something that Sather & AV had some sort of control over.
I point back to games played by Gaborik. 47 last year. 102 the year before that. 62, 76. Those were his games played with the Rangers. Good on him for battling through injuries and continuing to play.

Posters are happy that Sather got assets for a guy who got injured playing in a different state, a different team, a different zip code, a different arena because they assume these injuries would have also happened here. The numbers prove they didn't, outside of one season.

These same posters are unhappy that someone is mad at Sather for sending a kid to the AHL where he was ultimately injured.

Perhaps I'm explaining my logic wrong, but to me, these are comparable.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:57 AM
  #85
frankthefrowner
Registered User
 
frankthefrowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Sather and AV made the right move sending him down. He fills a big need and they wanted to see where his development was at this time for the NHL. They saw and like the rest of us all they saw was he's ready to fight and not much else. He needs more seasoning.

He is as bad as Falk on D, however the difference is we dont care about Falk's development. We do care about dylans, It was the right move, it is not there fault he got hurt. You dont keep kids up here just because he fills a need.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:59 AM
  #86
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I point back to games played by Gaborik. 47 last year. 102 the year before that. 62, 76. Those were his games played with the Rangers. Good on him for battling through injuries and continuing to play.

Posters are happy that Sather got assets for a guy who got injured playing in a different state, a different team, a different zip code, a different arena because they assume these injuries would have also happened here. The numbers prove they didn't, outside of one season.

These same posters are unhappy that someone is mad at Sather for sending a kid to the AHL where he was ultimately injured.

Perhaps I'm explaining my logic wrong, but to me, these are comparable.
Who are these posters you keep mentioning? How does the hypocrisy of these posters in any way validate the OP's position?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 12:12 PM
  #87
NYR2047
Moderator
Team Parsley
 
NYR2047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Fast IS A VERY SOLID PROSPECT AND YES HE WAS INJURED, I AND MOST OF THE PEOPLE I SPOKE TO DIDNT THINK HE WAS NHL READY AND NEVER SHOULD HAVE MADE THE TEAM TO START WITH.. FIGHTING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THE KID CAN ADD A ELEMENT WE HAVE LACKED FOR 15 YRS. TAKE YOU IGNORANT ANTI ME VISION OUT OF YOUR POSTS AND FOCUS ON THE POINT UNLESS YOUR UNABLE TO STOP YOUR OBSESSION IN SHOOTING ME DOWN.. AV AND SATHER ARE BOTH HORRIBLE SO FAR THIS YR.. BY THE WAY HANK SUCKS REALLY BAD THIS SEASON AV CONTINUED PLAYING HIM IS A JOKE .NO ONE ON THIS BOARD HAS STOPPED THE MAN CRUSHING ON HIM BUT I AM WRONG FOR LIKING SOMEONE OTHER THEN HANK I GET IT..
Dagoon, pls

This anger is irrational,

Would you be mad if he got punched in the face by McGratton and broke his jaw?
Probably not cause he's doing his job?

However he gets sent down to learn how to play better and that's worthy of being fired? that's insane

NYR2047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 01:08 PM
  #88
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2047 View Post
Dagoon, pls

This anger is irrational,

Would you be mad if he got punched in the face by McGratton and broke his jaw?
Probably not cause he's doing his job?

However he gets sent down to learn how to play better and that's worthy of being fired? that's insane
Agreed. It is insane. I just wanted McIlrath to stay up to play another game or two. Injuries happen, cant stop them.Crazy how people are blaming Sather and AV

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 01:12 PM
  #89
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
It's funny, but the same people harping Dagoon about him being mad at Sather/AV for this are the same people who are going "well, thank God we traded Gaborik because he's injured again"

HF Logic. Can't have it both ways.

For the record, both are ridiculous statements and thoughts to have.

Who's to say McIlrath wouldn't have been injured in the NHL? Same logic, who's to say Gaborik would have the same injury problems if he stayed in New York?

"Mr. Glass" played 47 games last season, 102 the year before, 62 games in 10-11, and 76 in 09-10.

But THANK GOD we traded that guy who is seriously just injured everywhere he goes.
It's true Gaborik wouldn't have gotten these same injuries if he were still in New York, but they add to the sample of his previous injuries, leading to the conclusion that there's a very injury prone player here.

With McIlrath, it's just a silly exercise from start to finish.

https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/sta...20027796160513
Quote:
McIlrath undergoing MRI today on knee injury he suffered in last night's Wolf Pack game. Yep, same knee.

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 01:14 PM
  #90
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2047 View Post
Dagoon, pls

This anger is irrational,

Would you be mad if he got punched in the face by McGratton and broke his jaw?
I am very interested in this answer.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 02:08 PM
  #91
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
Holy Crap. This year has just been a complete crap show.

At this point i'd rather just blow up the team, tank, get a great prospect and start over.

Yes i'm being serious.

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 02:09 PM
  #92
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 420
Somewhat OT: But I've never seen this picture from his 2012 injury before:



Ugh.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 02:10 PM
  #93
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Holy Crap. This year has just been a complete crap show.

At this point i'd rather just blow up the team, tank, get a great prospect and start over.

Yes i'm being serious.
This is based on the McIlrath injury?

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 02:27 PM
  #94
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Somewhat OT: But I've never seen this picture from his 2012 injury before:



Ugh.
Excuse me while I barf

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 02:31 PM
  #95
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,513
vCash: 500
Whats wrong with that? He just got a hard on...oh you mean his knee?

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 02:34 PM
  #96
NYR2047
Moderator
Team Parsley
 
NYR2047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
This is based on the McIlrath injury?
Yes!!!!

NYR2047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 02:51 PM
  #97
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
This is based on the McIlrath injury?
Based on everything. This just another rain drop in a bucket filled with them.

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 03:40 PM
  #98
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
Most of us want both of them fired any way but to blame them is a knee jerk reaction. It is just bad luck.
Stealth pun. Nice.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 03:42 PM
  #99
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Fast IS A VERY SOLID PROSPECT AND YES HE WAS INJURED, I AND MOST OF THE PEOPLE I SPOKE TO DIDNT THINK HE WAS NHL READY AND NEVER SHOULD HAVE MADE THE TEAM TO START WITH.. FIGHTING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THE KID CAN ADD A ELEMENT WE HAVE LACKED FOR 15 YRS. TAKE YOU IGNORANT ANTI ME VISION OUT OF YOUR POSTS AND FOCUS ON THE POINT UNLESS YOUR UNABLE TO STOP YOUR OBSESSION IN SHOOTING ME DOWN.. AV AND SATHER ARE BOTH HORRIBLE SO FAR THIS YR.. BY THE WAY HANK SUCKS REALLY BAD THIS SEASON AV CONTINUED PLAYING HIM IS A JOKE .NO ONE ON THIS BOARD HAS STOPPED THE MAN CRUSHING ON HIM BUT I AM WRONG FOR LIKING SOMEONE OTHER THEN HANK I GET IT..
Another post of the year candidate.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 03:44 PM
  #100
Aufheben
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 12,457
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Somewhat OT: But I've never seen this picture from his 2012 injury before:



Ugh.


...::faints::

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.