HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sat., Dec. 21, 2013|Flyers 3 at Blue Jackets 6

Old
12-22-2013, 12:17 AM
mypunkrock

vCash: 500
Game was pretty bad. Defense is hurting, missed grossmann for sure. Philly Live is equally as terrible. Seriously unimpressive.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

Missed the game.

Managed to get NHL.com highlights up full-screen without knowing score yet.

Glad my frustration was limited to about four and a half minutes.

What happened to the defense today?

Dirty but Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 01:14 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew8 View Post
Missed the game.

Managed to get NHL.com highlights up full-screen without knowing score yet.

Glad my frustration was limited to about four and a half minutes.

What happened to the defense today?

Grossmann out with flu. Gus took a shot off his foot during game too, didn't return

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 01:24 AM
Harold Bingo
what

Are you guys really blaming Emery for this game?

He obviously didn't play out of this world, but he certainly wasn't the reason they lost.

Harold Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 01:28 AM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
Are you guys really blaming Emery for this game?

He obviously didn't play out of this world, but he certainly wasn't the reason they lost.
He needed to be quite a bit better tonight. but tonight was a definite team loss. inexcusable they couldnt build on the comeback.
but in the end should we be shocked? this is a average .500 hockey team.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 01:44 AM
Harold Bingo
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
He needed to be quite a bit better tonight. but tonight was a definite team loss. inexcusable they couldnt build on the comeback.
but in the end should we be shocked? this is a average .500 hockey team.
Agreed. They're definitely a win one, lose one kind of team.

Harold Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 01:45 AM
OzFlyers
Registered Boozer

The Flyers really missed Downey along the boards tonight. They were pushovers without him!

OzFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 02:02 AM
Jtown

I know emery can not be blamed for tonight, that being said his days of being in the nhl are coming to a close.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 02:33 AM
Qyburn

Does anyone regularly check Yahoo's player notes? They are almost always stringently noncommittal in their concern with quantitative over qualitative analysis. The note on Emery tonight made me laugh:

Quote:
Ray Emery was lousy in the Flyers' 6-3 loss to the Blue Jackets on Saturday night.

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 05:03 AM
Winston Wolf

I think the game would've been different if they went into the 3rd down 2-1. They tied it up in the second and seemed pretty content to wait for the BJs to score. Not exactly the type of attitude you want to see.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:57 AM
onlylordsvsmorebp
#gudassnipe

speaking of lousy flyer goalies did anyone else catch bryzgalovs performance against the blues-got abused for 6 goals-2 to 3 of them soft as hell.again ducking on high shots.kelly hrudey said after one that went in off his glove ''that is as easy a shot you as you can expect to get'' awwww...brings back so many misty watercolored memories...

onlylordsvsmorebp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 12:23 PM
mantis toboggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlylordsvsmorebp View Post
speaking of lousy flyer goalies did anyone else catch bryzgalovs performance against the blues-got abused for 6 goals-2 to 3 of them soft as hell.again ducking on high shots.kelly hrudey said after one that went in off his glove ''that is as easy a shot you as you can expect to get'' awwww...brings back so many misty watercolored memories...
Watching emery last night reminded me of when we had bryz in net. Extremely slow lateral movement, not fighting to see the puck when screened, going down into the butterfly and just hoping the puck hit him...

I remember at the beginning if the third the jackets nearly scored on a wrap around goal because it took emery like 5 seconds to get post to post. I'm not blaming the loss entirely on emery, but you're not going to win many games with goaltending like that.

mantis toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Curufinwe

Is it time to consider bringing up one of the AHL goalies?

I think it's already time for Mase to play every game apart from back to backs.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 01:31 PM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Is it time to consider bringing up one of the AHL goalies?

I think it's already time for Mase to play every game apart from back to backs.
Heeter is the only option. I havent seen him to know if he can handle playing in the NHL. Even if its a backup.
Looking at his stats isnt enough for me.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 02:32 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp
#gudassnipe

[QUOTE=mantis toboggan;76621841]Watching emery last night reminded me of when we had bryz in net. Extremely slow lateral movement, not fighting to see the puck when screened, going down into the butterfly and just hoping the puck hit him...

I would say that pretty much sums up their games.

Old
12-22-2013, 03:01 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp
#gudassnipe

down the road,does anyone have high hopes for STOLARZ?have only seen him in a couple of london knights games and yesterday in pre tournament wjhc play.dont know what to think yet.i guess size equals potential? also i REALLY wish we could have landed BEN BISHOP,i honestly believe in the future he is going to steal playoff series and gives whoever hes playing for a shot to knock off any team in the league, iwish he was playing for us.JOHN GIBSON is another guy i think will be lights out, is there any way they could pry him away from the ducks?they always seem to have goalie pipeline,wonder what it would take to get him?going to check out JON GILLIES right now,never seen him play.

Old
12-22-2013, 03:10 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlylordsvsmorebp View Post
down the road,does anyone have high hopes for STOLARZ?have only seen him in a couple of london knights games and yesterday in pre tournament wjhc play.dont know what to think yet.i guess size equals potential? also i REALLY wish we could have landed BEN BISHOP,i honestly believe in the future he is going to steal playoff series and gives whoever hes playing for a shot to knock off any team in the league, iwish he was playing for us.JOHN GIBSON is another guy i think will be lights out, is there any way they could pry him away from the ducks?they always seem to have goalie pipeline,wonder what it would take to get him?going to check out JON GILLIES right now,never seen him play.
I'm a big believer in Stolarz. I'm also not going to base his career off of a bad game during the exhibition schedule in the world junior tournament. The guy has been a rock for the Knights this year and they'd be in much worse shape if it weren't for the big guy. He's a minimum of three years away and that's ideal. He'll finish off this year in the OHL and then move to the AHL for a couple of seasons and then probably get a cup of coffee at the NHL level. He wasn't as refined as John Gibson was Gibson got to the OHL, so people are going to need to be patient with Stolarz. The good news is that he's getting fantastic coaching from Bill Dark and Dark and Jeff Reese are in constant communication about Stolarz's development. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Stolarz is a legitimate blue chip goaltending prospect.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 03:24 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp
#gudassnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'm a big believer in Stolarz. I'm also not going to base his career off of a bad game during the exhibition schedule in the world junior tournament. The guy has been a rock for the Knights this year and they'd be in much worse shape if it weren't for the big guy. He's a minimum of three years away and that's ideal. He'll finish off this year in the OHL and then move to the AHL for a couple of seasons and then probably get a cup of coffee at the NHL level. He wasn't as refined as John Gibson was Gibson got to the OHL, so people are going to need to be patient with Stolarz. The good news is that he's getting fantastic coaching from Bill Dark and Dark and Jeff Reese are in constant communication about Stolarz's development. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Stolarz is a legitimate blue chip goaltending prospect.
good,sure looks like prototype for a nhl goalie,wish i could see more knights games.

Last edited by onlylordsvsmorebp: 12-22-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old
12-22-2013, 06:30 PM
kolankosf

Really tired of Bundy always having to correct whatever Saunders says.

Saunders "We have a delayed penalty, looks like 2 minutes for tripping"
Therien " Nope that was a cross check"

Legit quote from last night:
Saunders "Looks like we have Luke Schenn limping off the ice! No wait! It looks like Giroux!"
Therien "Uhhh, that's Gustafson."
Saunders "Nooooo , oh yes, it is Gustafson. Looks like he may have taken a shot of his foot
Therien "No, I think he and *whoever* went knee on knee

UGH!!!!

Atleast Saunders also outted himself as never watching the greatest hockey movie ever made after Bundy's Slapshot quote.

kolankosf is offline   Reply With Quote