HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Rangers eye deal" - Brooks

Old
01-14-2007, 04:54 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
"Rangers eye deal" - Brooks

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01142007...rry_brooks.htm

Quote:
sources report that management this week has intensified efforts to reacquire Martin Rucinsky from the Blues while also engaging in protracted conversations with the Penguins, believed to be focused on top-six winger Ryan Malone, and perhaps on physical defenseman Brooks Orpik as well.

And it appears sophomore winger Petr Prucha, who slipped from a first-period assignment on the first line to a spot on the fourth unit as yesterday's match evolved, is being dangled.

A third-party personnel source revealed the Rangers were willing to send Prucha and Adam Hall to the Blues in exchange for Rucinsky, but were rebuffed. When St. Louis president John Davidson in turn requested highly-regarded 20-year-old center Brandon Dubinsky as the bounty for Rucinsky, the conversation came to a halt.

Talks are ongoing with the Penguins, who had GM Ray Shero scoping out the Rangers' game on Thursday against the Senators, and then sent two pro scouts to yesterday's match.
Hall and Prucha for a recent UFA signing with a contract that we could have had for free but turned down a few month ago? Yeah right, whos that third party, Code?

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 05:14 AM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01142007...rry_brooks.htm

Hall and Prucha for a recent UFA signing with a contract that we could have had for free but turned down a few month ago? Yeah right, whos that third party, Code?
right... like we would trade prucha for someone who we coulda signed easily in the off season, isnt as good, and isnt as young.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 06:08 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
right... like we would trade prucha for someone who we coulda signed easily in the off season, isnt as good, and isnt as young.
Yeah, and Hall.

Old
01-14-2007, 06:54 AM
eco's bones

Hard to believe that Davidson turns that down. Even harder to believe that someone in their right mind would offer it. Rucinsky has no future beyond his contract. Prucha doesn't look to be a Rick Middleton but it's the same kind of a deal and it would be a terrible move. The Malone angle seems more intelligible however what's happened to his offense the last two years? The guy looked like a real future power forward prior to the lockout. I've always liked Orpik. A hard hitting--stay at home and no nonsense defenseman. With 8 D on the roster already though we'd need to dump one of our own.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 06:54 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I love the third party source reference

This buffon says the Rangers are looking at Bill Guerin

Quote:
If the Blues start to move salary -- and they will -- then there's talk the Rangers will try to acquire RW Bill Guerin. He has been one of the club's best players
http://ottsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey...61901-sun.html

I wouldn't mind if the Rangers got her She is from Alberta and the Rangers can always use some more Canadian grit

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 01-14-2007 at 11:49 AM.
RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 08:33 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Prucha and Hall for Rucinsky?!?!?!? If that trade went through there would have been anarchy on these boards as well as at MSG. What the HELL is Sather thinking offering that???? Offering Hall is OK. I'm glad Sather or whoever it was was in the right mind to turn down Davidsons' counter offer for Dubinsky . Maybe Davidson felt bad for us and turned down the initial offer because he felt pitty for us Ranger fans because we have to deal with the idiotic moves made Sather.

The Rangers do NOT need Orpik with the overabundance of D they already have, especially with Staal (possibly) joining the team when his junior season is over. I would have been interested in malone a couple of years ago when he actually put up some numbers. I'm sorry if you cannot put up numbers with either Crosby or Malkin as your linemates your more than likely not going to put up any numbers at all. Jesus Prucha did well playing with Jagr and the bunch last season, imagine him on a line with Crosby and having to have to play them the rediculous amount of times you have to play a divisional rival for many many many seasons to come .

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 08:40 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Hard to believe that Davidson turns that down. Even harder to believe that someone in their right mind would offer it. Rucinsky has no future beyond his contract.
You'd like to think so, but given Sather's history and Renney's apparent decision that he does not need a 23 year-old 30 goal scorer, it would not shock me. It is EXACTLY the kind of move that this organization has made over it's history. There is a reason as to why this team has only one Cup in 66 years.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 08:47 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Prucha and Hall for Rucinsky?!?!?!? If that trade went through there would have been anarchy on these boards as well as at MSG. What the HELL is Sather thinking offering that???? Offering Hall is OK. I'm glad Sather or whoever it was was in the right mind to turn down Davidsons' counter offer for Dubinsky . Maybe Davidson felt bad for us and turned down the initial offer because he felt pitty for us Ranger fans because we have to deal with the idiotic moves made Sather.

The Rangers do NOT need Orpik with the overabundance of D they already have, especially with Staal (possibly) joining the team when his junior season is over. I would have been interested in malone a couple of years ago when he actually put up some numbers. I'm sorry if you cannot put up numbers with either Crosby or Malkin as your linemates your more than likely not going to put up any numbers at all. Jesus Prucha did well playing with Jagr and the bunch last season, imagine him on a line with Crosby and having to have to play them the rediculous amount of times you have to play a divisional rival for many many many seasons to come .
Who says Sather made the offer?Do you believe everything you read?

And Iraq had weapons of mass destruction

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Ola

UAGoalie- According to a third party source Sather is offering that. Needless to say, I personally doubt that source.

How many times haven't we heard from other sources other teams asking us about Prucha for much bigger names then Prucha, with us turning it down...

Old
01-14-2007, 09:01 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Since when does Sather try to overpay in a deal? He tried to low-ball Patrick for Jagr.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 09:04 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
You'd like to think so, but given Sather's history and Renney's apparent decision that he does not need a 23 year-old 30 goal scorer, it would not shock me. It is EXACTLY the kind of move that this organization has made over it's history. There is a reason as to why this team has only one Cup in 66 years.
But, when was the last deal of this type under Sather - Malhotra and Heisten for Rucinsky AND Lyashenko?That's hardly the deal that Brooks claims has been offered here.

Old
01-14-2007, 09:05 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Well TB I'm not saying that Sather isn't going to do something idiotic before too long but this lacks credence to me just because if it were true I don't see JD turning this one down--I see him jumping all over it--or maybe he just didn't want Hall? Whatever the case I think that part of the story can be filed under Larry Brooks BS. As for Prucha though there have been numerous indications throughout the season that his days here are numbered--which is too bad but Renney has not put Petr in a position where he can succeed--Petr has more or less been playing musical chairs with Hall and Hossa both of whom have shown much less but a goal from Hossa in one game and an assist in the next and they begin dreaming all over again that Marcel is about to start playing up to his talent level. I have my doubts.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 09:07 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
UAGoalie- According to a third party source Sather is offering that. Needless to say, I personally doubt that source.

How many times haven't we heard from other sources other teams asking us about Prucha for much bigger names then Prucha, with us turning it down...
I've noticed that as well. It went from Prucha for a player like Seabrook to Malone and freaking Rucinsky.

And RangerBoy. I'm hoping that the offer of Prucha and Hall for Rucinsky was made by Sather because if it was made by,imo, the only sane person in the Rangers front office, Maloney, than the future of this team is in a bit of trouble lol.

Old
01-14-2007, 09:10 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
But, when was the last deal of this type under Sather - Malhotra and Heisten for Rucinsky AND Lyashenko?That's hardly the deal that Brooks claims has been offered here.
The last time was preceeding the fire-sale. Last year, he was not in the "Must-make playoffs" mentality. I fear (with only my gut telling me so) that he is inching back towards such a mentality. Maybe not to the extent that we will see Montoya, Dubinsky or Staal traded off, but certainly a Prucha.

Old
01-14-2007, 09:12 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
The last time was preceeding the fire-sale. Last year, he was not in the "Must-make playoffs" mentality. I fear (with only my gut telling me so) that he is inching back towards such a mentality. Maybe not to the extent that we will see Montoya, Dubinsky or Staal traded off, but certainly a Prucha.
I feel the same exact way I am just hoping and praying that if/when they do deal Prucha it is not for an impending UFA and 35+ years old.

Old
01-14-2007, 09:14 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Man it would be nice to get the Blues 1st round pick this year though. I highly doubt Davidson would trade that away though.

Old
01-14-2007, 09:16 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Well TB I'm not saying that Sather isn't going to do something idiotic before too long but this lacks credence to me just because if it were true I don't see JD turning this one down--I see him jumping all over it--or maybe he just didn't want Hall?
I agree. It DOES seem incredulous that JD would turn it down. However, this IS the type of trade that the organization (no matter who the GM) is has made over it's long checkered past.
Quote:
Whatever the case I think that part of the story can be filed under Larry Brooks BS.
It's funny. When Brooks writes something that people agree with, it is pointed out that he is right. When he writes about something that people disagree with, it becomes "typical" Brooks BS. Guess it depends which way the wind blows.
Quote:
As for Prucha though there have been numerous indications throughout the season that his days here are numbered--which is too bad but Renney has not put Petr in a position where he can succeed--Petr has more or less been playing musical chairs with Hall and Hossa both of whom have shown much less but a goal from Hossa in one game and an assist in the next and they begin dreaming all over again that Marcel is about to start playing up to his talent level. I have my doubts.
On that, I agree with you 100%. It is simply mind-boggling to me at the difference in the length of rope that is given to Prucha, as opposed to some of the others. It should be pointed out that preceeding the Bruins game, Prucha has scored 3 goals in 6 games. Renney's insistence that Cullen is a 2nd liner and that Prucha is not is incredulous. Here is a kid who has been the best Rangers forward prospect since someone named Amonte, and he gets the shaft at every opportunity that Renney can afford. Renney's judgement is underwhelming, at best.

Old
01-14-2007, 09:19 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

Which trade, TB? Jagr for Carter? Sorry, that's not it. I gave you the deal, and in the process the Rangers got back Lyashenko, a young two-way center. This is Brooks pulling another rumor out of his butt. Oh, and his other article today is a slobber-fest over the Debbies. Brooks has really dropped off this year in my eyes.

Old
01-14-2007, 09:22 AM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
you can't be a ranger fan? I could see sather doing this. This organization has no chance of succeeding. Prucha is a good young player (WOW we actually have one) who will be traded for an over the hill veteran.

Until we make changes at the top and our pitiful scouting dapartment ww will be a laughing stock.

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
you can't be a ranger fan? I could see sather doing this. This organization has no chance of succeeding. Prucha is a good young player (WOW we actually have one) who will be traded for an over the hill veteran.

Until we make changes at the top and our pitiful scouting dapartment ww will be a laughing stock.
Seeing as we will probably get killed in the playoffs I actually want us to miss the playoffs this year with a good marginal, I don't find the rangers exciting like I did last season when they brought in alot of youth, now I have that feeling I had during all of those years of missing the playoff. If we miss the playoff maybe it'll knock some sense into sather. And I do dream about a deal with the ducks..............Brendan Shannahan for Bobby Ryan

Entrancemperium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 09:49 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
There are at least 2 things wrong with Brooks' story:
1. why would a team over pay for a player they could have had for free.
2. why didn't JD jump all over it. Do you think someone is going to offer more?

Prucha and Hall together are just 14 years older than Ruchinsky! Brooks' 3rd party me thinks is another bafoon, this time from Ottawa.

Orpik ($1M) or Malone ($1.3M) I could see for Hall ($975T) and Rachunek ($1.8M). That I would buy. You have to look at salaries now and Brooks doesn't do that.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 09:50 AM
crisb

I don't want Ruchinsky back.

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDubinsky View Post
Orpik ($1M) or Malone ($1.3M) I could see for Hall ($975T) and Rachunek ($1.8M). That I would buy. You have to look at salaries now and Brooks doesn't do that.
Pens wouldn't do that.

I'm not sure what the Rangers offer for Malone and Orpik, but Rachunek and Hall don't cut it.

We might as well keep our trash...

Evilo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 10:01 AM
cjdv16

as if you all didn't know larry brooks is a moron.... it's a wonder he's still employed.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 10:13 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Well theres NOTHING on Eklunds site so this CANT BE TRUE

Not even a !/2 od an e