HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Start Talbot on a consistent basis

Old
12-22-2013, 10:31 PM
rangersfan9

vCash: 500
Start Talbot on a consistent basis

I don't want to ruffle too many feathers being a new poster, but I think it might be time to start Talbot. I'm not saying get rid of Hank, but he hasn't been the same guy that he has been during his Rangers career. Hank just isn't playing very well right now, and is probably suffering from some type of injury that is really hampering his game. Hank isn't playing well enough to maintain a starting spot. His back up is simply outplaying him. Hank isn't the source of all the problems on the team, but it might help the Rangers win some more games over the next few weeks if Talbot starts a few more games. Maybe it can get Talbot's trade value up as well.

Maybe I am ludicrous to suggest that someone like Henrik should be benched, but that is just the way I see it. Talbot is outplaying Lundqvist. You can't get rid of Lundqvist with that contract, but it might not be the worst thing to sit him down for a few weeks.

rangersfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 10:32 PM
broadwayblue

Get rid of hank? What?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club

let cam start a couple games. hank is still the starter but im almost certain this season is all a mental thing with him. let him get himself together in a few practices with allaire.

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 10:36 PM
JCrusher*

Start Talbot as long as he keeps playing well. he really hanst had one bad game. Give Hank the rest of the year off

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
Start Talbot as long as he keeps playing well. he really hanst had one bad game. Give Hank the rest of the year off
umm the jets, less evander kane, tore him to shreds

Old
12-22-2013, 10:39 PM
BlueShirts702

You guys are hilarious. All of a sudden Hank is a bum and he's not worthy of the starting job? He's going through a rough patch. It happens to the best of players...it's a slump. I should expect Ranger fans to be fickle but it boggles my mind how quick people are to dismiss a guy with such a track record. To each their own I guess.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Riverdale

Play the one who is playing better

Right now it is Talbot. If Hank wants more starts he needs to play better. Simple as that

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 10:42 PM
rangersfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirts702 View Post
You guys are hilarious. All of a sudden Hank is a bum and he's not worthy of the starting job? He's going through a rough patch. It happens to the best of players...it's a slump. I should expect Ranger fans to be fickle but it boggles my mind how quick people are to dismiss a guy with such a track record. To each their own I guess.
I didn't say he should be cut or anything. I just want to the best guy in net right now. The team is struggling for consistency, and its tough to consistently win when the goalie is going through a rough stretch. On the other hand, the other goalie is playing lights out and seems to play well every time he plays.

Get rid of Hank? I'm not saying that. Give him a few weeks off? It might help the team find a little bit of consistency while Hank gets his game together.

Old
12-22-2013, 10:43 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
umm the jets, less evander kane, tore him to shreds
True that was a bad game. Unfortunetly hank has had too many bad games and not many good games

Old
12-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club

once upon a time ovi was a second liner with an untradeable contract

Old
12-22-2013, 10:44 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:

Its on hank. fans are being very honest. hank has had a tremendous career but Talbot has played better this year and deserves to play. hank has to prove himself his next oppurtunity

Old
12-22-2013, 10:46 PM
AKrangerfan

Talbot's last start was a little iffy, I think he let in four. But other then that, for whatever reason we win more games with him in net.

Can you imagine what would happen if Cam had Hank's won/loss and save % record?

The last game Hank had a .769% . that has to be a new low

Talbot is third in the league in goals against and fourth in save %

Ride this horse until it drops.

I can't understand why Sather would give him that contract with as bad as he was playing to start the season. He has only gotten worse

AKrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club

hank doesnt need to prove anything. he has over the past 8 years. what hank needs is to take a few games off and work with the coaches on whatever he does with them and get his **** together. his confidence is shot. this is a mental thing, not an decline or result of the new pads.

Old
12-22-2013, 10:48 PM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Its on hank. fans are being very honest. hank has had a tremendous career but Talbot has played better this year and deserves to play. hank has to prove himself his next oppurtunity
I'm not going to go around in circles arguing with you. I think that Hank should be the starter with Talbot playing in back to backs and to give Hank a break. While I'm impressed with Talbot and love that we have a competent back up.... I'm not so quick to jettison Hank and I'm willing to let him work through his issues.

It would be nice if the TEAM would step up and score a few goals to help the guy out every now and then.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 10:50 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
I'm not going to go around in circles arguing with you. I think that Hank should be the starter with Talbot playing in back to backs and to give Hank a break. While I'm impressed with Talbot and love that we have a competent back up.... I'm not so quick to jettison Hank and I'm willing to let him work through his issues.

It would be nice if the TEAM would step up and score a few goals to help the guy out every now and then.

First of all you are jumping the gun. I NEVER said get rid of hank. I simply said give hank the next 4-5 games off to get his head together. i said many times that its a confidence issue. So you obviously misinterpreted because i never said we should get rid of hank

Old
12-22-2013, 10:51 PM
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club

Quote:
First of all you are jumping the gun. I NEVER said get rid of hank. I simply said give hank the next 4-5 games off to get his head together. i said many times that its a confidence issue. So you obviously misinterpreted because i never said we should get rid of hank
ik it wasnt you but in his defense the OP suggested getting rid of hank.

Old
12-22-2013, 10:54 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Yeah i know that but the other guys Blueshirts or whatever had a brain freeze and said i wnated to get rid of hank which i never did

Old
12-22-2013, 10:55 PM
AKrangerfan

Don't you start the players that give you the best chance to win the next game?

I really don't care what Henrik did last year or the year before.

AV has to feel the heat and most of the time it is the coach that loses his job when the team plays bad consistently. So if I was the coach I would start Cam until he plays a bad game or two and then go back to Hank and hope he has pulled his head out of his ass by then

AKrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Idlerlee
Tanner Nash

vCash: 145
Its obviously a very delicate situation. If the team loses confidence in Hank he might lose voice in the locker room, which is bad for a player that you have put the franchise stamp on. The Rangers have enough problems as it is.

Honestly Talbot got seriously luck tonight when that Minnesota player tripped after he stole the puck from Talbot behind the net. And he had the post on his side. Tonight was a night where most things went the Rangers way. That has genuinely not been the case lately and we should build on that.

But I would not be so quick as to let our main goalie know that we have lost faith in him.

Idlerlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:01 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
Its obviously a very delicate situation. If the team loses confidence in Hank he might lose voice in the locker room, which is bad for a player that you have put the franchise stamp on. The Rangers have enough problems as it is.

Honestly Talbot got seriously luck tonight when that Minnesota player tripped after he stole the puck from Talbot behind the net. And he had the post on his side. Tonight was a night where most things went the Rangers way. That has genuinely not been the case lately and we should build on that.

But I would not be so quick as to let our main goalie know that we have lost faith in him.
hitting the post benefits all goalie including henrik. There were a few times on this homestand that the post saved hank too. Im not giving up on hank at all but he hasnt been the better goaltender this year. Hopefully his next oppurtunity he returns back to form

Old
12-22-2013, 11:07 PM
Pizza

This ought to be entertaining

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:08 PM
Loffen
Cup mode: ON

Right. Won't happen.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:23 PM
bmw2004

I don't think Talbot played well. He was just ok. Henrik has to go next game.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:25 PM
rangersfan9

Quote:
Was not saying that. You are just lying at this point.

Old
12-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Lerb

Can we do some plastic surgery and transform Talbot into Henrik and so we can waive the real Henrik?

Lerb is offline   Reply With Quote