HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Who are u willing to deal?

Old
01-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Taz

vCash: 500
Who are u willing to deal?

Just wondering who in the organisation are you willing to part with, and who is untouchable?

I'm going to say keep it to prospects!

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/system.asp

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Fletch

It all depends...

on the return. As many companies I advise, everything is for sale at the right price.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 08:40 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Again, who are we trading for? If a Marleau, Lacavalier or Richards ends up on the market, I'd be willing to deal guys like Prucha and Montoya, even a Dubinsky. Unless a top notch center is coming back, however, Dubinsky's on my untouchable list. For a top notch scoring forward in his prime, or a big time D-man, Prucha's available. Of the prospects available for a trade, the only ones I'd make near untouchable are Dubinsky, Staal, Sauer, Korpikoski, Sanguinetti and Anisimov. Montoya's not untouchable, but, I'd be hard-pressed to deal him for anything other than a star player.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Prucha25Graves988*

I would have no problem see'ing the following guys moved. Only if it comes at the cost of getting some one like a Lecavalier or richards,Thornton ,Marleau etc...

Korpikoski
Dawes
Jessiman
Sauer
Baranka
Montoya

I would like to hold on to Callahan, Dubinsky and Prucha.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Taz

The right deal came along i would deal the following no problem:

Jessiman
Montoya
Dawes
Immonen
Moore
Byers
Prucha

That obviously doesnt include all the lower ranked prospects.

Untouchables, until i get to see how they are panning out or in the NHL:

Dubinsky
Staal
Korpikoski
Sanguinetti

Other i need to see pan out more:

Cliche
Pyatt
ETC

Old
01-14-2007, 11:08 AM
DarthSather99

Anyone above 25 years old. I want to keep building with youth. Draft picks and prospects as a return.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 11:40 AM
AXN

Adam Hall was a scratch.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 12:12 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha25Graves988 View Post
I would have no problem see'ing the following guys moved. Only if it comes at the cost of getting some one like a Lecavalier or richards,Thornton ,Marleau etc...

Korpikoski
Dawes
Jessiman
Sauer
Baranka
Montoya

I would like to hold on to Callahan, Dubinsky and Prucha.
as much as i agree with your idea, including Jessiman in with all those players is laughable. I'm not even sure what his trade value is at this point, besides for return of buying the other team a couple of beers at MSG. That comment may be a little over the top, but still.

What is Jessiman's trade value?

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 01:10 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Anyone and everyone is up to be acquired at my fire sale. Obviously, I'm not giving up a Staal unelss you give me a blue-chipper and a pick in return, but for the right price, take your pick.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Prucha25Graves988*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
as much as i agree with your idea, including Jessiman in with all those players is laughable. I'm not even sure what his trade value is at this point, besides for return of buying the other team a couple of beers at MSG. That comment may be a little over the top, but still.

What is Jessiman's trade value?
Well i dont know what his trade value is, but he has size and potential as well as being a lower level 1st rounder and that is alwways appealing. might not fetch what he should if he was progressing good, but it could still be helpful in many ways.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 03:34 PM
broadwayblue

Jagr. I've said it for years now...there's no way to rebuild with this guy on the team. Simply can't be done. Instead he'll be gone in a couple years and we'll worse off for having him.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 04:02 PM
NYR1724

Jaromir Jagr will not get traded.

1. He won't play anywhere else besides New York.

2. The reason he wasn't traded during the roster purge was the Rangers needed a star to draw fans into the Garden. It would make no sense to deal Jags because the team wouldn't have any marketability to its casual fans.

NYR1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Geogaddi

If this is solely on Prospects...i say no one is Untouchable really.

With the Older group that we have on the Ice right now, I see almost any of our guys available for a Key Player. The most Highly Touted from our team of Staal, Dubinksy, and Montoya would be included for almost any Number 1 center or Big name D-men that everyone wants on these boards. The Rangers are going to make a Push with the group they have in hand. And i really dont See Sather and Company holding back any of their prospects, if they can gain a Key part to the Line-up. But it really just depends on the Player coming back.

I like the Pronger Deal to show what it would take to get a KEY d-man.

Lupul = Prucha
Smid = Staal
and a slew of picks.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 05:19 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2K5 View Post

2. The reason he wasn't traded during the roster purge was the Rangers needed a star to draw fans into the Garden. It would make no sense to deal Jags because the team wouldn't have any marketability to its casual fans.
I agree with you. But in two years we will be worse off than had he never played here.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 05:56 PM
True Blue

Quote:

1. I find it hard to believe that Jagr would simply walk away from the combined amount that both the Rangers and Caps are paying him.

2. Jagr is most certainly NOT needed to sell seats at the Garden. He is NOT why people come to see the team. Great player? Yes. Great draw? Hardly.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 06:44 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
If this is solely on Prospects...i say no one is Untouchable really.

With the Older group that we have on the Ice right now, I see almost any of our guys available for a Key Player. The most Highly Touted from our team of Staal, Dubinksy, and Montoya would be included for almost any Number 1 center or Big name D-men that everyone wants on these boards. The Rangers are going to make a Push with the group they have in hand. And i really dont See Sather and Company holding back any of their prospects, if they can gain a Key part to the Line-up. But it really just depends on the Player coming back.

I like the Pronger Deal to show what it would take to get a KEY d-man.

Lupul = Prucha
Smid = Staal
and a slew of picks.

Yea, I say we just wait on Staal, hopefully he'll be our KEY d-man.
Give up prospects and their goes your future.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 07:05 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Yea, I say we just wait on Staal, hopefully he'll be our KEY d-man.
Give up prospects and their goes your future.
I'd really hope Staal is not similar to Smid...

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Nyr10

Prucha hall liffiton to pittsburgh for orpik malone and Christensen what about that trade .

Nyr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 07:43 PM
JRGNYR

Quote:

And I believe if he gets traded, the team acquiring him is then on the hook for the entire value of his contract, and the stipulation where Washington pays half his current salary is waived, thus making him very difficult to move unless a team has an incredible amount of cap room. And chances are, if they're a team in playoff position, they don't have much room to spare. Otherwise you have to trade him for another team's lousy contracts, and that does nothing to help a rebuild, unless the other team throws in two or three picks, which if I'm GM, I would demand.

But I'm not the GM so what's the use?

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 07:45 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:

I'm gonna have to disagree with your second point. Jagr is a great player, yes, but I don't think he's much of a draw in New York. Or rather, if this team lacked Jagr but had the same record, I doubt you'd see a dip in attendance. I can't speak for the rest of the league, but New Yorkers pay to see winning teams, not just good players. If the Yankees suck no one would pay just to see Derek Jeter.

Old
01-14-2007, 07:47 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGNYR View Post
And I believe if he gets traded, the team acquiring him is then on the hook for the entire value of his contract, and the stipulation where Washington pays half his current salary is waived, thus making him very difficult to move unless a team has an incredible amount of cap room. And chances are, if they're a team in playoff position, they don't have much room to spare. Otherwise you have to trade him for another team's lousy contracts, and that does nothing to help a rebuild, unless the other team throws in two or three picks, which if I'm GM, I would demand.

But I'm not the GM so what's the use?
I've heard a couple of people say that Washington would be off the hook for Jagr's pay if the Rags were to trade him. I've also yet to see any substantial language from that deal or within the CBA that supports that happening. Would you happen to have any idea where that originated from? I'd be real curious to find out whether or not that is true.

Old
01-14-2007, 08:06 PM
DevFan-RU-

Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
Question: How many of you Rangers fans actually like Jagr as a player and a leader?

I mean, he nets alot of points... but I hate watching him play. He's a floater and sits on the Blue Line and contributes nothing to the teams' defense on a shift. Its a very lazy, self-serving style of play. It screams: "I'm too good to be help in our zone, just get the puck and give it to me."

But that just me (being a Devs fan who hates floaters). And seeing as we had to put up with Mogilny, who played the same way, but just didnt produce much at all (and wasted valuable cap space).

Mainly, do all Rangers fans like him? Or is it more of: "as long as he scores/gets points, he's fine" kind of deal?

One more thing: Does Jagr have a NTC?

DevFan-RU- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
Question: How many of you Rangers fans actually like Jagr as a player and a leader?

I mean, he nets alot of points... but I hate watching him play. He's a floater and sits on the Blue Line and contributes nothing to the teams' defense on a shift. Its a very lazy, self-serving style of play. It screams: "I'm too good to be help in our zone, just get the puck and give it to me."

But that just me (being a Devs fan who hates floaters). And seeing as we had to put up with Mogilny, who played the same way, but just didnt produce much at all (and wasted valuable cap space).

Mainly, do all Rangers fans like him? Or is it more of: "as long as he scores/gets points, he's fine" kind of deal?

Believe it or not, Jagr actually does backcheck. Maybe its easier for him to get back than most with that long stride, but it no longer surprises me to see him break up a play on the Rangers' end of the ice after a turnover.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Taz

I wouldn't say Jagr floats, but he normally has 2 guys on him when he has the puck, so him staying forward keeps them honest, I also believe he is so big you think he isnt really going fast, but he is actually is.

Old
01-14-2007, 08:29 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post

I love him because he is the first star player that be brought in since Gretzky that DELIVERS. All the rest from Fleury to Lindros to Kamensky to Holik if you call him a star, didn't produce. When Jagr goes on the ice, it's business.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote