HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sign Brian Leetch! (merged)

Old
01-14-2007, 04:10 PM
shoothepuck

vCash: 500
Didn't Brooks say Brian was signing months ago? Maybe Larry can broker a package deal of Leetch and Rucinsky to NY, for Prucha, Hall, Dubbi and Tyutin, to St Louis

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 07:05 PM
HenrikO'doyle

I also think we should give Leetch a shot he wasnt that bad last year and he cant be worse than what we are currently fielding.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 08:42 PM
JRGNYR

I'm absolutely stupefied this thread was revived.

In one corner, we have people who want the Rangers to sign Leetch because "he can't be any worse than what we already have." In the other corner, we have those who want to see youth finally served, and they clamor for Hartford call ups.

Leetch is not coming back. End of discussion. He hasn't laced up a skate since the end of last year. The ship has sailed, and he should retire before he damages his legacy. It hurts to say it, but it's the truth.

Even if he was available, skating, and in game shape now, I'd be very much against signing him, because you know the first person to sit would be Pock.

Why do we go down this road? I don't understand it. If you want to watch Leetch, please put in any VHS tape you have of the 94 Cup run, or better yet, buy the 15 disc Rangers DVD that features the entire Devils and Canucks series. That's the Leetch I'd rather see on my TV right now.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 09:02 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGNYR View Post
I'm absolutely stupefied this thread was revived.

In one corner, we have people who want the Rangers to sign Leetch because "he can't be any worse than what we already have." In the other corner, we have those who want to see youth finally served, and they clamor for Hartford call ups.

Leetch is not coming back. End of discussion. He hasn't laced up a skate since the end of last year. The ship has sailed, and he should retire before he damages his legacy. It hurts to say it, but it's the truth.

Even if he was available, skating, and in game shape now, I'd be very much against signing him, because you know the first person to sit would be Pock.

Why do we go down this road? I don't understand it. If you want to watch Leetch, please put in any VHS tape you have of the 94 Cup run, or better yet, buy the 15 disc Rangers DVD that features the entire Devils and Canucks series. That's the Leetch I'd rather see on my TV right now.

Leetch is better then any defensemen we have now, either on the Rangers or in Hartford and that is with him being well past his prime. Im tired of seeing Rozsival on the PP.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 09:04 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Leetch is better then any defensemen we have now, either on the Rangers or in Hartford and that is with him being well past his prime. Im tired of seeing Rozsival on the PP.
Do you have any idea what kind of shape Leetch is in? I don't either! So let's not pretend we know he's better than anything we have, when for all anyone knows he's put on 20 pounds and has achy knees. Also, Tyutin is good.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 09:25 PM
TheRedressor

From what I have heared from some NHL scouts, Leetch has started to get into game shape, he may be looking for a home before the deadline.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 08:59 AM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
I had a dream last night that we signed Leetch for 1 year $3 million. Then they showed a clip of him where the Garden fans were cheering as he played alongside Larry Bird in a Celtics uniform against the Knicks.

Why the second part happened, I dont know.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 10:11 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
I would take Leetch, beer belly and all over Toots, Malik, Kasper, Rozy and ward. At least he knows what to do out there, everyone else is clueless or just plain sucks!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Pizza

If this were going to happen it would have already. Kinda sad that people can't let go, but that is understandable. Leetch was a special player. I wish he would make it official so these threads would stop. We have several solid D prospects. When they develop and Leetch's number is where it belongs, this stuff will stop....I hope.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
If this were going to happen it would have already. Kinda sad that people can't let go, but that is understandable. Leetch was a special player. I wish he would make it official so these threads would stop. We have several solid D prospects. When they develop and Leetch's number is where it belongs, this stuff will stop....I hope.
Pizza, you have become the General of the Anti-Redundancy movement.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 05:20 PM
JRGNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
From what I have heared from some NHL scouts, Leetch has started to get into game shape, he may be looking for a home before the deadline.
Mmm hmm.

From Dellapina today at http://blogs.nydailynews.com/rangers...r_rucinsky.php

"While I wish I could report otherwise, Brian Leetch's return to the Rangers not only is not imminent, it is growing more remote by the day. Leetch is working out about an hour a day in Boston. But he isn't skating much.

And as he believes he would need a month of extensive working out and daily skating to be in the kind of shape necessary to be a major contributor to the Rangers, that hardly qualifies as being close to returning.

The sad fact is that, while absolutely in keeping with his personality, Leetch's exit from the NHL now looks like it will take place quietly -- probably with a summertime acknowledgement in conjunction with the number retirement announcement."

Let's put this puppy to bed.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 06:30 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Here's the scope from a reliable 3rd party source in Stamford Ct, who got it from another reliable source in Rye Brook, NY who got it from another reliable 1st hand source in Cambridge Mass who spoke on the conidtion of anonymity who said that his 3rd cousin, twice removed from his mother's side of the family, saw Brian Leetch talking to a guy from Saint Louis and that JD is going to sign Leetch and then trade him to the NYRs for Dubinski, Staal & Montoya and a player to be named later who he said is Ruchinsky. What is holding up the trade at this time is figuring out how to get Runkinsky to NY so he can be included in th edeal as the player to be named later.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote