HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's about time

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Savage

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
It's about time

(TSN.ca) - Montreal Canadiens winger Pierre Dagenais has received a two-game suspension for an incident involving Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman Bryan Marchment on Saturday night, TSN has learned.

Dagenais caught Marchment with a high stick and, even though no penalty was called on the play, the league handed down the suspension on Monday.

A pleasant surprise since being called up from Hamilton in November, the 6'5", 215-pound winger has added some spark to the Canadiens' offence with ten goals in 27 games, often playing alongside former junior teammate Mike Ribeiro.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As the title says, it's about time. Mushy hit him with a great clean check and Dagenais got up and skated to Mushy only to stick him in the face with the blade of his stick on purpose. I think it should've been more but with the way things have been going I'll gladly take it!

Old
01-26-2004, 06:06 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage

(TSN.ca) - Montreal Canadiens winger Pierre Dagenais has received a two-game suspension for an incident involving Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman Bryan Marchment on Saturday night, TSN has learned.

Dagenais caught Marchment with a high stick and, even though no penalty was called on the play, the league handed down the suspension on Monday.

A pleasant surprise since being called up from Hamilton in November, the 6'5", 215-pound winger has added some spark to the Canadiens' offence with ten goals in 27 games, often playing alongside former junior teammate Mike Ribeiro.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As the title says, it's about time. Mushy hit him with a great clean check and Dagenais got up and skated to Mushy only to stick him in the face with the blade of his stick on purpose. I think it should've been more but with the way things have been going I'll gladly take it!
I would have given him two. Glad that the league did something. See Mother Tucker, Colin Cambell doesn't hate us

Old
01-26-2004, 07:03 PM
Verbal Kint*

I'd also like to point out before Leaf fans start raving here that the high sticks on Nolan and Tucker, and while they warranted penalties (which they sadly did not recieve) they did not need suspensions.

Old
01-26-2004, 08:14 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105

Old
01-26-2004, 08:28 PM
leafaholix*

It was intentional and he deserved it.

Only if the NHL was more consistent.

Old
01-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Augustus

Score one for Coley Campbell.

Two games is about right for this jerky play.

Imagine! Marchment the innocent party in a cheap shot.

Closed Thread