HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Expansion part III

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Jussi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
Maybe Germans are still bitter about losing the war to Soviets?

It's really the same here in Finland. Constant Russian bashing in our MSM.
Because Russia never does anything wrong, eh? Johan Bäckman has taught you well...

Old
12-23-2013, 08:16 AM
pulverapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post
66 voters isn´t a representive survey. and this time the question is to negative. thats not the point. important is if they would still visit the games or not.

the Q. schould be: "Would you still be a fan and attend games if your favorite favotite team joins KHL?"

thats the point, not if the fans like green tea more than peppermint tea.
This was exactly the point, since people in here thought that 37% were positive towards having their team being moved to the KHL. And 100 voters is a representative survey.

There's another survey that I made a couple of months ago which states that 60-70% would attend Djurgården games in the KHL - but it is not of importance, as you think it is.

Old
12-23-2013, 08:21 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Because Russia never does anything wrong, eh? Johan Bäckman has taught you well...
Surely Russia does wrong things, no one denies that, but also picturing it like Russia does always wrong things is the same mistake, just opposite

12-23-2013, 08:48 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

EDIT
Quote:
Однако я подтверждаю, что по всей Европе имеется колоссальный интерес к нашей лиге. Швейцария, Германия, Польша, Италия, Швеция, Дания, Норвегия — все хотят попробовать себя в КХЛ!
Quote:
There is a big interest from Europe. Switzerland, Germany, Poland, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Norway - all want to be in KHL!
said Kochevrin, vice-president of KHL

Last edited by vorky: 12-23-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old
12-23-2013, 03:13 PM
bobbeaver

well Poland (gdansk), Italy (Milano), and Norway ( forgot the name of the club :/ ) have clear interest. They are supposedly also talking to a DEL club so there is possible serious interest. rest is just verbal interest which means not much as yet.

Old
12-24-2013, 08:09 PM
bobbeaver

LMAO Atleast he was more entertaining than most you guys in this discussion lately lol. From a thread about KHL Expansion you made it into a pissing contest about who's country is more redneck, nationalistic (i may be exaggerating here but not to much as i read some comments). The thread has badly devolved into petty squabbles, with few exceptions.
Would it be in any way possible to actually start talking about the theme of the thread again?

For example its sure there is interest by Milano to get to the KHL, do they still intend to get there by going to EBEL league first?

Old
12-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbeaver View Post
LMAO Atleast he was more entertaining than most you guys in this discussion lately lol. From a thread about KHL Expansion you made it into a pissing contest about who's country is more redneck, nationalistic (i may be exaggerating here but not to much as i read some comments). The thread has badly devolved into petty squabbles, with few exceptions.
Would it be in any way possible to actually start talking about the theme of the thread again?

For example its sure there is interest by Milano to get to the KHL, do they still intend to get there by going to EBEL league first?

I started deleting and it seems like I could spend the rest of the evening doing it!

How about we just get back to the thread topic, gents?

Merry Christmas everyone.

Old
12-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Peter25

Chesnokov: https://twitter.com/dchesnokov/statu...48947359010816

Sochi Delfin next year?

Old
12-25-2013, 06:14 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
they should just relocate spartak, no need to start a new team, just not enough talent.

Old
12-25-2013, 06:25 PM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
they should just relocate spartak, no need to start a new team, just not enough talent.
How many times does it need to be explained that Spartak will never be relocated? It's bad for the KHL image and an unprecedented move in Russian hockey.

There is more than enough talent....see Zagreb and Vladivostok standings.

Quote:

What we have been saying for years now. Once the infrastructure is there the team will follow. From a business perspective getting 24 guys to skate around is the easiest part.

Old
12-25-2013, 11:19 PM
bobbeaver

So what you think will happen to Spartak, the club seams a bit rocky. They probably wount reach the playoffs.

Old
12-25-2013, 11:54 PM
thevreelander

Quote:
So what you think will happen to Spartak, the club seams a bit rocky. They probably wount reach the playoffs.
Maybe a merge? I wouldn't be shocked if a merger happened.

Old
12-26-2013, 01:59 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
I agree, save the legendary brand, but not in Moscow, give to Sochi. I don't see it as a bad thing for Russian hockey. Relocation not a bad thing under the circumstances. Like I said before, let people in Sochi vote on it, Dolphins or Spartak/Spartans.

Old
12-26-2013, 03:38 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
I agree, save the legendary brand, but not in Moscow, give to Sochi. I don't see it as a bad thing for Russian hockey. Relocation not a bad thing under the circumstances. Like I said before, let people in Sochi vote on it, Dolphins or Spartak/Spartans.
You can't save the brand of Spartak Moskva by moving them to Sochi. This is Europe you are speaking about, no one here would say that Minnesota North Stars aren't dead, but simply playing in Dallas.

Old
12-26-2013, 06:03 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
spartak is on the verge of completely folding.

Old
12-26-2013, 06:13 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Didnt they write a letter to Putin or something? I remmember reading it on allhockey.ru

Old
12-26-2013, 07:22 AM
bobbeaver

Quote:
Well there are to many moscow hockey clubs anyway, there really should be one. SO yes why not relocate it or fuse it with another moscow club as one more hockey development school or smtn. I mean what ever the Putin wants will happen so i dont see why Spartak couldnt relocate and get better local funding and more loyal fans. It would be a non traditional thing but a better thing than club dieing.

Old
12-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Den

Quote:
Well there are to many moscow hockey clubs anyway, there really should be one.
There are 4 traditional clubs in Moscow. 3 are left. There is no need to kill anyone of them...

Old
12-26-2013, 10:16 AM
ficohok*

Quote:
Well there are to many moscow hockey clubs anyway, there really should be one. SO yes why not relocate it or fuse it with another moscow club as one more hockey development school or smtn. I mean what ever the Putin wants will happen so i dont see why Spartak couldnt relocate and get better local funding and more loyal fans. It would be a non traditional thing but a better thing than club dieing.
Spartak is traditional russian team and they should stay in Moscow and KHL !

Old
12-26-2013, 11:27 AM
bobbeaver

well what about the attendance? I mean if you dont really have fans than whats the point of haveing a club there. 2000-3000 in a almost 6000 arena is rather sad if u ask me. I doubt the reason is cause the arena is outdated. and if they do get or move to a 12k+ arena i seriously doubt it would make a huge difference in attendance. I think they would be much happier outside Moscow.

Old
12-26-2013, 11:50 AM
pakovits

look, this isn't america. if the club isn't viable financially and they can't find anyone to support them they will either drop down to a lower level or fold. they are not going to move somewhere else. what would be the point of that?

Old
12-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Peter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakovits View Post
look, this isn't america. if the club isn't viable financially and they can't find anyone to support them they will either drop down to a lower level or fold. they are not going to move somewhere else. what would be the point of that?
Khimik moved from Voskresensk to Mytischi and was later renamed to Atlant. It has happened before.

Old
12-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Persti

Spartak may be traditional club, but they should double or triple their attendance figures if they have future in Moscow or in KHL. Right now there are enough interest for one or two clubs.

Old
12-26-2013, 03:03 PM
bobbeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persti View Post
Spartak may be traditional club, but they should double or triple their attendance figures if they have future in Moscow or in KHL. Right now there are enough interest for one or two clubs.
exactly what i said

Old
12-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Persti

KHL should also put pressure for those clubs which can draw only 2 000 or 3 000 spectators. These kind of figures are not good for image of number one league in Europe.

Closed Thread