HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Rangers eye deal" - Brooks

Old
01-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
I'd be hard pressed to remain a Rangers fan if that deal went down. I'm already on the edge with this team, I think a deal as absurd as Hall/Prucha for Rucinsky would be enough to finish me off.

Shadowtron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 05:48 PM
GarretJoseph*

JD might take Hossa for him..
I remember JD last year talking about how much he liked Hossa and that he and the team has a lot of hope for him and his huge potential.

Just a thought I had while reading tis morning's post.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 05:54 PM
KFC

If the rangers could get Orpik i'd do it. He's just the type of player this team needs. I'd hate to see Prucha go but if Renney isn't gonna use him right anyway then why not.

KFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 06:01 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Pens wouldn't do that.

I'm not sure what the Rangers offer for Malone and Orpik, but Rachunek and Hall don't cut it.

We might as well keep our trash...
Isn't Malone a UFA? What do you expect? This is the type of return I think you will see.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 06:05 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor View Post
If Rucinsky can actually make the 2nd line (with Cullen and Shanahan) more pruductive AND the Rangers make the playoffs AND they at least make it past the first round, it's a WIN for Sather in the eyes of Dolan.

Not a win for the Rangers, but a win for Sather.
That's about the way that I would sum it up. Though probably strictly making the playoffs is a win for Sather in Dolan's eyes. Though here are some interesting stats upon which to ponder. Rucinsky has played 44 games and averaged 16.49 minutes per game, mostly as a top-6 forward. He is playing a few seconds less than Guerin and has the 4th most minutes by a Blues forward. He has 11 goals, 17 assists and 79 sog's. In the same amount of games, Prucha has averaged 12.50 minutes per game. That is A LOT of time and has seen extensive time on the bottom-2 lines. Within those paramenters, he has 10 goals, 9 assists & 72 shots. Are Rucinsky's stats really that much better? He plays 4 minutes per game more than Prucha and has 8 more assists and 1 more goal. THIS would represent an upgrade?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 07:04 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Seriously...I think the last thing we need right now is Marty Rucinsky.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Conflicting reports:

Quote:
Petr Prucha isn't being offered to the St. Louis Blues for Martin Rucinsky -- though Blues president John Davidson would love for that to be the case.
http://blogs.nydailynews.com/rangers/

Take it for what you will

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 07:20 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
if we are going to deal Prucha, why not deal him for someone who can help. Id love to get Darcy Tucker on this team. We dont need Rucinsky again. With this team lacking grit, another non gritty player is what we really need???

Maybe something like this:

Rangers trade Prucha, Hugh Jessiman and Malik (throw in) to the Leafs for Tucker and Tyson Nash. Rangers get 2ed in 07 from the Leafs if Tucker dont resign with the Rangers.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Fletch

This quote is actually funny..

'24-year-old in whom the Rangers' organization still has much faith '...could've fooled me at times!

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 07:39 PM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
I'd be hard pressed to remain a Rangers fan if that deal went down. I'm already on the edge with this team, I think a deal as absurd as Hall/Prucha for Rucinsky would be enough to finish me off.
Agreed.

NYR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 08:33 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
I'd trade Prucha and Rachunek/Pock/Hall for Reinprecht and a 3rd. Or Prucha/Hall for Dumont.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Nyr10

what do you people think about this trade Liffiton prucha and hall for malone orpik and christensen

Nyr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Am i missing something here? J.D.isn't the GM

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 09:50 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyr10 View Post
what do you people think about this trade Liffiton prucha and hall for malone orpik and christensen
How about Prucha Immonen and J Ward to Preds for Hartnell and Scott Nichol??

Rangers get 2ed in 07 if Hartnell dont resign.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 10:50 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

As far as I'm concerned the only thing we package Prucha for is a good young centre...but we can sign Gomez in the offseason...so i don't know, theres no reason to trade Prucha...unless its for Sidney Crosby.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 11:39 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyr10 View Post
It'd never happen... Malone/Christensen are both top six talents and Orpik is a top pairing D... we'd be hard pressed to sell Prucha for top six forward value, Hall's trade value is that of a new stick rack, and Liffiton has a decent shot at becoming a third-pairing Lefebvre-type. Pens would never consider it. And the saddest part is that they have D. Moore, so we'd be giving what we got in return for him.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Esa 10

I believe Brooks is mislead/lied to by whoever his "3rd party source" happens to be. There is simply no way J.D. doesn't pull the trigger on a Prucha for Rucinsky deal if the Rangers had offered it. You trade contracts more than players these days. The 2nd year of Ruca's no-move deal makes him extremely difficult to trade at this deadline. Plus his contract is backloaded. While no big deal to Dolan, it makes him less than desireable to teams that actually have to watch their spending. That's most of the rest of the NHL.

I like Rucinsky personally. I would move Hall for him right now. I believe Satherloney blundered in letting him go while not making it clear to Ozo that as soon as he's 100% healthy, he is getting the Lou treatment and left in Hartford for the duration of this season. The concern over the 2nd year of Ruca's contract was even more peculiar when they are willing to pay 3 million to a 6/7th defenseman in Kaspar. However, if they move Prucha for him now, I am at the end of my rope with this management team, Maloney included.

I don't know what to make of the Orpik rumour either. While he would add a physical dimension, the guy is nothing more than a 5th defenseman. He might be a marginal improvement, but at the end of the day isn't a difference maker this defense truly needs. We have all sorts of people capable of filling the 3-7 slots. It's the 1-2 positions that are a problem. If they trade a significant asset for Orpik, it'll be yet another mistake.

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 01:00 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

i think the trade rumor has credibility if a certain player with the initials KT were abscent mindedly left out of the list. Still, KT and Ruca for AH and Prucha? If the Rangers purge their youth again, I'm gonna be so jaded. I don't know how I'd be able to stomach such trades again.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 02:21 AM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Isn't Malone a UFA? What do you expect? This is the type of return I think you will see.
No I don't think he's a UFA. He's a third year veteran.

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 06:29 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Ryan Malone is a signed player for 2007-08-$1.375 million.Second year of a two year arbitration award

Malone is not a top six forward and Brooks Orpik is not a top pair D.How these players would improve the Rangers is a great mystery?The Rangers already have similiar players.Orpik's claim to fame is breaking Erik Cole's neck in a dirty hit from behind

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 06:31 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Am i missing something here? J.D.isn't the GM
John isn't the GM but he makes all of the final decisions.John is the boss.Larry Pleau handles most of the day to day duties.It is the same set up the Rangers use

Old
01-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Prucha doesn't qualify for unrestricted free agency after 2007-08.He will only be 25 years old as of July 1,2008.Prucha turns 26 on 9/14/08.He would only have three accrued seasons-2005-06,06-07 and 07-08.He isn't old enough and doesn't have the service time
Thanks for clarifying. I failed to check his DOB before I posted that.

REALLY tough to rationalize such a deal now.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 08:23 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Ryan Malone is a signed player for 2007-08-$1.375 million.Second year of a two year arbitration award

Malone is not a top six forward and Brooks Orpik is not a top pair D.How these players would improve the Rangers is a great mystery?The Rangers already have similiar players.Orpik's claim to fame is breaking Erik Cole's neck in a dirty hit from behind
Thanks for the clarification. Malone is vey similar to forwards we have now, no hit. I could see Orpik for Rachunek though.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Fletch

The diff between Malone and others...

is that the Rangers have only 1 under 30 forward who has scored more than 16 goals in a season, and Malone scored 20 twice (not saying go for him, just clarifying a point).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 08:53 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Malone is vey similar to forwards we have now, no hit. I could see Orpik for Rachunek though.
Considering Rachunek is a group II this summer and a group III next summer(2008),maybe the Rangers do look to move him but that's not the Rangers way.Both players will be group III's in 2008.Orpik is signed for next season-$1,037,500 and will be a group III in 2008 as a 27 year old with 4 years accrued service.Rachunek doesn't need next season as an accrued season.He misses a group III this summer by two months