HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

General Preds Talk Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2013, 03:24 PM
predfan98

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
Hopefully they stay down, if that woman is in charge there's no need to go back.
well, I still can't believe what happened.

Old
12-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Hopefully they stay down, if that woman is in charge there's no need to go back.
Well, welcome back to the boards sir

Old
12-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Pago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Have been for a couple of days. The new Pred employee mod said "hopefully be back up soon " via email. For a person who admonished Chas to act his age, the smiley in a work email rubbed me the wrong way.
Everything about that little debacle rubbed me the wrong way.

Old
12-24-2013, 10:10 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pago View Post
Everything about that little debacle rubbed me the wrong way.
Welcome! First post = "being rubbed the wrong way." Yep...Preds fan!

Old
12-24-2013, 11:33 PM
EagleBelfour

vCash: 873
Hey guys!

I was wondering if someone could write me a fair assesment on the play of Nashville's defenceman this season. The Predators owns my favourite group of D corp in the league. So much talent. So fun to watch. However, this year has been abysmal statistically wise, and was wondering if Rinne's injury was the main reason for this debacle. I'm looking at someone like Kevin Klein, who everyone claim to be a good, realiable #3 defenceman, but owns terrible statistic. I've watched the Preds twice this year, and he didn't impress me much.

Anyway, any input would be appreciated. Merry Chritmas to all

Old
12-25-2013, 12:23 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
Hey guys!

I was wondering if someone could write me a fair assesment on the play of Nashville's defenceman this season. The Predators owns my favourite group of D corp in the league. So much talent. So fun to watch. However, this year has been abysmal statistically wise, and was wondering if Rinne's injury was the main reason for this debacle. I'm looking at someone like Kevin Klein, who everyone claim to be a good, realiable #3 defenceman, but owns terrible statistic. I've watched the Preds twice this year, and he didn't impress me much.

Anyway, any input would be appreciated. Merry Chritmas to all
He has masked a mediocre D-corp (sans top pairing) for the last 3-4 years

Old
12-25-2013, 02:09 AM
MrJoshua

I wouldn't call it a mediocre corps. I'd call it young and inexperienced. When your 7 defenders feature three rookies and two sophomores you're going to struggle. There's a lot of talent back there and I firmly believe they'll be an elite corps in a year or two with more seasoning. But right now they're going to have the normal problems of youth.

Old
12-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Predarat

That was crap, one idiot complains and that ***** shut the Preds board down, no attempt to fix any of the issue, she just came in, talked ****, and shut the thing down.

Old
12-26-2013, 02:46 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

To be fair, the place was becoming Spammer Heaven for about the last year or so. I'd even gotten tired of the constant spamming to the point where I just took it over here. (I didn't hear about what happened with Chas, that's just... Ugh.)

Anyways - my Christmas present to the wife (and hers to me, my choosing) was one of those Preds uniform-style hoodies from NHL.com. I'd show a picture of me wearing it, but I can't - because I spent most of Christmas Day barfing my guts out from the stomach flu.

Old
12-26-2013, 03:40 PM
Predarat

It was easy to see what Jones and Chas had to deal with regarding the spam, as soon as that **** took over, the spam piled up. They must have spent a ton of time just deleting spam, all because the 'web person' refused to do anything to block it.

Old
12-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Pago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predarat View Post
It was easy to see what Jones and Chas had to deal with regarding the spam, as soon as that **** took over, the spam piled up. They must have spent a ton of time just deleting spam, all because the 'web person' refused to do anything to block it.
She was assigned a "job" that she didn't want, didn't care the slightest bit about, and clearly had no kind of previous experience for. Bad enough combination already, and then we throw in a disgruntled troll throwing around bogus claims of harassment and everything quickly goes to hell. The boards weren't beyond saving, but if that's how they were going to be run, it's just as well they were shut down.

Old
12-26-2013, 08:59 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pago View Post
She was assigned a "job" that she didn't want, didn't care the slightest bit about, and clearly had no kind of previous experience for. Bad enough combination already, and then we throw in a disgruntled troll throwing around bogus claims of harassment and everything quickly goes to hell. The boards weren't beyond saving, but if that's how they were going to be run, it's just as well they were shut down.
there is currently not even a link to the old message boards on the np.com website. Im thinking its gone for good, unless the NHL requires them to have one

Old
12-26-2013, 09:26 PM
analogkid
Thread Killer

Too bad, I liked those boards and some of the folks on them. In my opinion it really started going into the hopper when nhl.com took over the boards and made changes to the system. Used to be a lot of good stuff over there but then again $10 used to put a bunch of gas in your car.

Old
12-27-2013, 10:00 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predarat View Post
That was crap, one idiot complains and that ***** shut the Preds board down, no attempt to fix any of the issue, she just came in, talked ****, and shut the thing down.
The person who complained isn't an idiot .... his IQ is far too low for that classification.

Old
12-27-2013, 10:04 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Looking at our ES performance over the past few years ... 13th at ES goals allowed in 2011-12 with a healthy Rinne, Weber and Suter on the blueline. One of our better years scoring yet only 8 more goals for while 5on5 than allowed. The defensive woes show up for a few seasons if you look back at the data.

Old
12-27-2013, 11:09 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Looking at our ES performance over the past few years ... 13th at ES goals allowed in 2011-12 with a healthy Rinne, Weber and Suter on the blueline. One of our better years scoring yet only 8 more goals for while 5on5 than allowed. The defensive woes show up for a few seasons if you look back at the data.
I wish you would stop quoting facts. We want heads taken off not the truth.

Old
12-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Bad Karma

Quote:
To be fair, the place was becoming Spammer Heaven for about the last year or so. I'd even gotten tired of the constant spamming to the point where I just took it over here. (I didn't hear about what happened with Chas, that's just... Ugh.)
I'm pretty sure your plea helped them make a decision on it.

Old
12-27-2013, 02:18 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I think it shows Trotz's as the true weakness

Old
12-27-2013, 04:06 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Quote:
I'm pretty sure your plea helped them make a decision on it.
I'm sad to say that if that's the truth, then so be it.

This team's making it harder and harder for me to keep loving them.

Old
12-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Bad Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
I'm sad to say that if that's the truth, then so be it.

This team's making it harder and harder for me to keep loving them.
Wow, good to know you're more into tearing things down the let you down rather than try and hang on to something that you cared so deeply about. No one is forcing you to keep liking them.

Old
12-27-2013, 08:37 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Nope. Too emotionally invested in this team. They got their fangs in me forever in '97.

Look, I'm sorry if I may have been a tipping point with the official boards, but when your loyal fanbase doesn't even enjoy going there anymore, what's it say about the franchise? And about the people who are running the place?

Old
12-27-2013, 08:59 PM
hockey diva

The message board fiasco is the latest in a series of unprofessional things the franchise has done lately. Multiple misspellings in team emails and on the megaton, the horrible opening montages we have been subjected to (I think we are on our 4th one and they still suck). I thought Sean Henry was supposed to raise the bar for customer service etc. all I see is a franchise making bush league mistakes and alienating long time STH with game day ticket discounts and a crappy on ice product.

Old
12-27-2013, 09:28 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

That reminds me ... I need to email her and see how many smileys she puts in her next set of emails.

Old
12-27-2013, 09:49 PM
hockey diva

Quote:
That reminds me ... I need to email her and see how many smileys she puts in her next set of emails.
This. A total lack professionalism. This should not be happening at all.

Old
12-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Bad Karma

Quote:
Oh man, you should share these.

Closed Thread