HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 37: Preds vs Bruins | 7:00 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | Christmas Edition!!

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2013, 12:18 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
29th in GF in the league. Almost as bad as you can get.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...lsFor&type=LEA
no our offense is dyyyyynoooomite

Old
12-24-2013, 12:29 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Stop insulting Greg Johnson. I can count the shifts that Weber played with an edge over the past two seasons without needing a second hand. Weber's edge is not on the coaches, it's on him. Either he has the material to lead or he doesn't. I wouldn't want him alongside me in a firefight with his demonstrated attitude since getting the new contract.
This. Weber has been phoning it in for 3 seasons with his play on the ice.

And he is not a leader, just is not.

Hendricks is a leader, and I think Hornqvist is also.

I think your idea about stripping all the letters off would be dramatic and effective, but I don't think it is in Trotz as a coach.

Old
12-24-2013, 12:44 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:

Nice to see you didn't read past the first few words I wrote.

T-26 in total goals for, not 29th. 5on5, they do rank 29th ... however it is a top ten PP. As I said ... blanket statement that doesn't hold up. If it did, the PP would be as bad as the 5on5 play and it isn't.

Old
12-24-2013, 12:48 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:

we are bad, but some of those teams, like Minnesota, have 2 games in hand on us.

Old
12-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Nice to see you didn't read past the first few words I wrote.

T-26 in total goals for, not 29th. 5on5, they do rank 29th ... however it is a top ten PP. As I said ... blanket statement that doesn't hold up. If it did, the PP would be as bad as the 5on5 play and it isn't.
You can try to slice it up any way you'd like, but the fact remains that the team is still near last in the league in scoring. I may have different standards then you, but to me that is bad. The team can try to claim goaltending and team defense all day and yes we need work in those areas, but this team's primary issue is that they do not score enough goals to win games.

Old
12-24-2013, 01:38 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
You can try to slice it up any way you'd like. The team is still near last in the league in scoring. I may have different standards then you, but to me that is bad.
I just try to avoid blanket statements that don't apply to all variables. You may as well state there is never a white Christmas ... which is fine and dandy until there is. The "this team never can score" statements fall into the same vein ... some cases it's true, some cases it's a laughable statement such as two seasons ago when the team was 8th in goals scored (yes, it was that recently).

This team is poor at ES this season both offensively and defensively. The goaltending is either pretty good or abysmal with no clue which we're getting from night to night ... pull the goalie early in the first or NHL star of the week after a winning streak. The PP is 7th based on percentage (discrediting any statement that we can't score at all) and before last night the PK was at 83.8% ... down to 81.8% after the horrible all around performance against Boston ... a drop from 11th to 17th in the league.

In one overarching area, the PP, the team is performing well. The PK took a hit but needs tweaks, not overhauls to get back to where it was. ES offense and defense are glaring issues. That's without deep analysis or fancy stats.

Old
12-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 50
Direct from NHL stats

53 even strength goals ad 25 PP goals. That alone is mind boggling, Even worse than the 85 total goals for the season. The only thing you can credit is Housley has made a difference on special teams.

How many times have we heard the talking heads describing how much easier it is for less talented players to score with more open ice. This team is supporting that stance.

Old
12-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

So 10% of the time we're good offensively (the PP) and 80% of the time we're bad offensively (ES). I don't think it's a stretch to therefore conclude we are bad offensively overall. Being good at even strength is pretty dang important.

Old
12-24-2013, 04:55 PM
NoNecksCurse

our horrible goal differential says it all. we suck in all facets of the game and definitely offensively.

Old
12-24-2013, 04:56 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The difference between us and the Kings is one goal every three games ... that is the pace we're really looking at here. Of course in all this generalized moaning about offense, the fact that we're giving up goals at an even higher rate gets little attention. Eight teams in the league score enough goals per game to exceed our goals allowed.

But, hey, let's pretend that everything is horrible and address all aspects with equal intensity rather than recognizing what areas are good and need sustaining and focusing on the glaring issues. It's simple and lends itself to memes.

Old
12-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 50
Most think im just stuck on the bad things about this team. That is not the case, Im looking for any good things I can find. Most here will agree that a healthy #35 will go along way to help the goals allowed. Also time for the young defensenmen will help that situation especially next year. If one wants to look at the negative defensivly one has to question Webers leadership there, and perhaps the play of Ellis still. Not giving the young guys a bye by no means but considering there age they are doing pretty well. I would also point out that historically this team has had a good record of developing D so while right now its a issue that is a much shorter term issue than scoring. With no changes the D will get better the back-up goalie situation should be ok absent Hutton or even with Hutton playing limited games.

This team is in sore need of top 6 players, I can care less if there names are snap crackle and pop even Smith as much as I do not like him if he can put up true NHL top line points im all for it. but 40 points and flirting with 20 goals is not what we need as our top producer. Many have lowered there standards and accept this as a good year for a top 6 in Nashville. If 3 guys that can score 25 can be put on the ice it will make the rest more productive as well. We just do not have them at this point.

Closed Thread