HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

idea...

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2004, 06:45 PM
SabresRule

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
idea...

Send Roy down and call gausted up.

Roy is a 3rd line center at the moment. his not doing that great anymore and im sure he could help the amerks more than he is up.

gausted would give us size down the middle and might give him vital NHL experience needed, might just spark his brain into i want to stay here mode. but mainly it would give us size. something 5'8 Roy doesnt.

does roy have to stay here to qualify for the NHL youngstar's still tho?!

Old
01-24-2004, 09:23 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
Send Roy down and call gausted up.

Roy is a 3rd line center at the moment. his not doing that great anymore and im sure he could help the amerks more than he is up.

gausted would give us size down the middle and might give him vital NHL experience needed, might just spark his brain into i want to stay here mode. but mainly it would give us size. something 5'8 Roy doesnt.

does roy have to stay here to qualify for the NHL youngstar's still tho?!
Not a bad idea, but Brown is currently occuplying the 3rd line center spot. No use in calling Gaustaud up to play on the 4th line. Now, if Buffalo were to make a few trades, we may see Roy in the top 6 and Gaustaud given a try on the 3rd line.

Old
01-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
Not a bad idea, but Brown is currently occuplying the 3rd line center spot. No use in calling Gaustaud up to play on the 4th line. Now, if Buffalo were to make a few trades, we may see Roy in the top 6 and Gaustaud given a try on the 3rd line.
Isn't Brown actually on the 4th now? I believe he played with Boulton and Mair against Philly.

Old
01-25-2004, 05:32 AM
SabresRule

oh k. i would trade brown anyway. not happy with him, if his on the 4th good for him. were's roy?!

Old
01-25-2004, 08:07 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Gaustad hasn't done anything to deserve a call-up. He's having a bad season and the stats bear it out. Gaustad shouldn't get a sniff of the NHL until he starts playing like he wants to be there.

REGULAR SEASON
YEAR TEAM GP G A PTS +/- PIM PP SH GW SHOTS SPCT
2003/2004 Rochester 44 4 10 14 -11 97 2 1 2 94 .043

Old
01-25-2004, 08:51 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Gaustad's stats are partly due to his being moved down on the Amerks depth chart.

Most of last season Paul was the Amerk's 2nd line center behind Chris Taylor. He also got a lot of ice time on the PP.

This year he's played behind Pittis, Roy, and Novotny. And he hasn't seen a lot of PP time.

I wouldn't look at Paul's stats to guage how well his year is going. He certainly hasn't been producing at the same level as last year, but he also isn't playing the same role as he was last season, either.

I wouldn't send Roy down and call Gaustad up. BUt, I certainly wouldn't be against moving Brown and calling Gaustad up in a move to get younger, cheaper, bigger, and tougher.

Old
01-25-2004, 01:53 PM
buffalowing

Send a message via AIM to buffalowing
I got a couple of Ideas.
Call-up Jason Dawe!
Than, Move Campbell to the wing.

Old
01-26-2004, 12:44 AM
Weezel RX7

Send a message via AIM to Weezel RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing
I got a couple of Ideas.
Call-up Jason Dawe!
Than, Move Campbell to the wing.

Dawe doesnt have a contract with the sabres. he needs to sign a 2 way deal in order to come up. but with boulton out of the lineup now....btw im not that concerned about him being out....gaustad could be given a shot, but id rather see botterill

Old
01-26-2004, 01:07 AM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezel RX7
Dawe doesnt have a contract with the sabres. he needs to sign a 2 way deal in order to come up. but with boulton out of the lineup now....btw im not that concerned about him being out....gaustad could be given a shot, but id rather see botterill
Actually, I believe Buffalo owns all the Amerks' contracts, including Dawe's, the only exclusion being tryout contracts.

I still wouldn't call up Dawe.

But since Boulton went down, I wouldn't be adverse to calling up Gaustad to play with Brown and Mair on nights they don't need an enforcer, but with Pyatt not being on IR for much longer, it wouldn't work.

Old
01-26-2004, 02:31 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSabre
But since Boulton went down, I wouldn't be adverse to calling up Gaustad to play with Brown and Mair on nights they don't need an enforcer, but with Pyatt not being on IR for much longer, it wouldn't work.
IR Patrick or McKee (I don't know how long either is going to be out), send Delmore back. It's doable.

Old
01-26-2004, 10:48 AM
SabresRule

since boulton's out, IR him, call up gausted, play brown, mair and peters on the 4th

hecht-breire-Dumont
Bartovic-Roy-Maxim
Drury-Gausted-Satan
Peters-mair-Kotalik

im Sitting brown, cause iv run out of forward room. i still feel we should trade Brown for a veteran who can help this team

Old
01-26-2004, 12:02 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob
Gaustad's stats are partly due to his being moved down on the Amerks depth chart.

Most of last season Paul was the Amerk's 2nd line center behind Chris Taylor. He also got a lot of ice time on the PP.

This year he's played behind Pittis, Roy, and Novotny. And he hasn't seen a lot of PP time.

I wouldn't look at Paul's stats to guage how well his year is going. He certainly hasn't been producing at the same level as last year, but he also isn't playing the same role as he was last season, either.
I think his stats do accurately reflect his season. He didn't get pushed down the depth chart through stellar play. He hasn't done a good job offensively or defensively. It's a sad commentary that he's played behind Novotny. He's not even close to where Adam Mair was when Mair finally broke into the NHL as a 4th liner. This season should be a good learning experience for Gaustad. I think it hurt him last season that there wasn't enough competition on the Amerks to push him to improve. I'd imagine that Botterill will get the call up to take the space created by Boulton's injury.

Old
01-26-2004, 09:22 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
I think his stats do accurately reflect his season. He didn't get pushed down the depth chart through stellar play. He hasn't done a good job offensively or defensively. It's a sad commentary that he's played behind Novotny. He's not even close to where Adam Mair was when Mair finally broke into the NHL as a 4th liner. This season should be a good learning experience for Gaustad. I think it hurt him last season that there wasn't enough competition on the Amerks to push him to improve. I'd imagine that Botterill will get the call up to take the space created by Boulton's injury.
I'm guessing that they'll just bring Pyatt off IR to fill the roster spot.

If Bartovic hadn't clicked with Roy and Afinogenov, I'm guessing that Taylor would have played against Carolina and Milan would have been sent down already.

And I think Gaustad getting bumped down the depth chart in Rochester is more about having him play the role he was meant to play more than poor play in a more offensive role.

Closed Thread