HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Selling High on Cam Talbot

Old
12-24-2013, 01:44 PM
McD27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Did you make an account just to complain about Hank?

Just curious.
Yup but I did not know HF board stands for Hank Fan Board.

Do you like his suits more or his recent glove work?

Just curious.

McD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 01:47 PM
free0717

As long as Cam is going, I keep him in the net. We need points

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 02:14 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McD27 View Post

Just curious.
All you do is complain about Hank, its clear you have some kine of agenda.

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
All you do is complain about Hank, its clear you have some kine of agenda.
His mom probably has a ladyboner for Lundqvist.

Seriously though, if we got rid of either Talbot or Lundqvist, we're just an injury away from having the worst goaltending situation in the league. We don't have any goalies in the organization that are even AHL material, let alone NHL ready. Why do people think Hartford sucks so badly?

Revelation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 04:36 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post
Talbot is still valued as an ahl goalie by any sane gm...

Let's try Edmonton!
No.

An 8-2 goalie is taken seriously. Maybe not as a star, but as a legit guy. If Miller had two hst tricks in 3 games, would he be seen as a real piece? Come on... if he was 20-2, that'd definitely up the ante... as would 90-30 even more so... but he has shown enough to command something.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 04:44 PM
benneyb

If the Rangers were smart, they would sign Cam now to an extension - 2 yrs, $1.25mm per, the same I believe Biron was making. By the end of that contract, we should all know what we have in Cam. If Hank has bounced back, the most likely scenario, trade Cam for the best return, which should be significant, assuming 2 years of high level performance as the backup.

benneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 04:52 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by benneyb View Post
If the Rangers were smart, they would sign Cam now to an extension - 2 yrs, $1.25mm per, the same I believe Biron was making. By the end of that contract, we should all know what we have in Cam. If Hank has bounced back, the most likely scenario, trade Cam for the best return, which should be significant, assuming 2 years of high level performance as the backup.
Can they even extend him now with another year still left on his current deal? Not sure what the CBA says about that.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 04:54 PM
benneyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Can they even extend him now with another year still left on his current deal? Not sure what the CBA says about that.
Ah, good catch. I was thinking Cam was a RFA at year's end. Glad to see he's got another season at a bargain rate - takes the pressure off!

benneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 04:54 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
No.

An 8-2 goalie is taken seriously. Maybe not as a star, but as a legit guy. If Miller had two hst tricks in 3 games, would he be seen as a real piece? Come on... if he was 20-2, that'd definitely up the ante... as would 90-30 even more so... but he has shown enough to command something.
Not just an 8-2 goalie, and not just with the save percentage he has, but by the way he put it all on paper.

He has the immediate look of success.

No way he's not worth a playoff type difference maker.

I hope I speak for everyone, I don't care if half the team isn't on board next season, I'll trade anything for anyone in this generation if they'll win us a Cup.

Hank's not gong anywhere. His money, and the fact that he's still the same (despite a recent common, what I call, poor opinion).

Anyway, for example, I'll take Dustin Byfuglien and Motoya for Cam and maybe Boyle Pyatt and DelZotto if it'll truly make a difference. That's the only scenario where I see both teams making out even.

Now if the very unlikely scenario above, or any like it, doesn't happen, I really think we should hang on to Cam for something big and keep a damn good goalie if no one will pay out.

I'm hoping for contract extension by year's end. Hank gets obvious benefit of the doubt, but Cam's earned a spot on the team. That should be the point of any team.

Last edited by CHGoalie27: 12-24-2013 at 05:00 PM.
CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 05:06 PM
Barnaby

You'd probably get a 3rd for him. If he continues, then maybe a deal similar to what Ott got for Bishop at the deadline last year from TB (4th round pick, plus Cory Conacher). Good roster player + mid round pick.

I don't see any reason to move him though. We have no one behind him. Injuries do happen. The Olympics are this year as well which likely means that Henrik will need more rest down the stretch. If he's as good as he's looked then hold onto him - his value will only increase, and let's say he gets another 15 stars this year. He'll likely mean more point wise in those 15 games than any player we'd get in return today.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 05:14 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by McD27 View Post

Just curious.
Know what's funny, people who share your views might not consider the goals that were scored and who would do any better? Name ONE goalie that would do a better job with the lax team with a high (deserved) payroll with a performance rating of very poor.

27th in goals for, and 15th in goals against. Defense isn't just the two guys labelled defense.

Of course Hank is going to make himself look accountable, is he really going to hit the press with "I have no help"? Come on!!

To hell with the numbers, if anyone considered the saves BOTH goalies have had to make to keep them in the game (which BOTH goalies have, even during losses), you'd realize the goaltending is and has been the very least of our problems. I think it's seriously inconsiderate of certain folks to notice the trend.

I watched the goals the NBC group were trashing Hank for, I saw open season to the net.

Anyone that can make a million bucks playing a game should be able to put it past even the best goalie in the world if he's not pressured.

Then again, I guess all this depends on whoever's definition of a 'soft goal'.

Last edited by CHGoalie27: 12-24-2013 at 05:29 PM.
CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 06:57 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Know what's funny, people who share your views might not consider the goals that were scored and who would do any better? Name ONE goalie that would do a better job with the lax team with a high (deserved) payroll with a performance rating of very poor.

27th in goals for, and 15th in goals against. Defense isn't just the two guys labelled defense.

Of course Hank is going to make himself look accountable, is he really going to hit the press with "I have no help"? Come on!!

To hell with the numbers, if anyone considered the saves BOTH goalies have had to make to keep them in the game (which BOTH goalies have, even during losses), you'd realize the goaltending is and has been the very least of our problems. I think it's seriously inconsiderate of certain folks to notice the trend.

I watched the goals the NBC group were trashing Hank for, I saw open season to the net.

Anyone that can make a million bucks playing a game should be able to put it past even the best goalie in the world if he's not pressured.

Then again, I guess all this depends on whoever's definition of a 'soft goal'.
The 3rd goal by the Isles was a soft goal. Those are the kinds of saves he needs to make, particularly when the Hank we know would have typically made the save on either the 1st or 2nd goals in years past.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

How much of Hank's downturn can be attributed to his new pads? I mean, he has been synonomous with consictency all through his career, and suddenly something that appears to be a pretty significant change of equipment is occuring at the same time of his biggest career slump. Anyone now the size before and after?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=682166

It appears to be big individual differences depending on style and previous pad measures, but Hank and Biron have had a rough time this year.

"I only wore them once and it was definitely shorter for the five-hole but I was feeling OK about it," Rangers backup Martin Biron told NHL.com late Tuesday. "Now talk to me in four weeks after the pads break down and maybe I'll change my tune."

We know how that tune went.

I don't know. Hank is the King and all, and it might be a coincident, but trading Talbot at this point before Hank figures this out is pretty bold. Hope they don't.

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

http://www.hlundqvist30.com/2013/hen...-rule-changes/

How does this effect Henrik Lundqvist, as he comes off of a season where he posted a .934 save percentage and once again was a nominee for the Vezina Trophy? “I’m trying to get used to it,” he said. “It’s definitely a big difference.”

The new rule, along with a net that is shallower by 4 inches, is all done for the sake of scoring. With goalies like Henrik adjusting, that could be the end result. He added that he worked a lot during the offseason with the new pads and that while he feels quicker, “I feel like I’m covering less area,” he added.

Not sure, but signing that deal before he figures this out appears risky?

Old
12-24-2013, 07:44 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemymum View Post
http://www.hlundqvist30.com/2013/hen...-rule-changes/

How does this effect Henrik Lundqvist, as he comes off of a season where he posted a .934 save percentage and once again was a nominee for the Vezina Trophy? “I’m trying to get used to it,” he said. “It’s definitely a big difference.”

The new rule, along with a net that is shallower by 4 inches, is all done for the sake of scoring. With goalies like Henrik adjusting, that could be the end result. He added that he worked a lot during the offseason with the new pads and that while he feels quicker, “I feel like I’m covering less area,” he added.

Not sure, but signing that deal before he figures this out appears risky?

Stepan isnt a goalie so what does he know about that? If that is a problem, Hank will fix it. Signing him wasnt risky, best player on the team and we locked him up, whats risky? Hank didnt lose his talent over night, dont jump off the cliff yet

Old
12-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
Stepan isnt a goalie so what does he know about that? If that is a problem, Hank will fix it. Signing him wasnt risky, best player on the team and we locked him up, whats risky? Hank didnt lose his talent over night, dont jump off the cliff yet
No intention of jumping off any cliffs, but with the new pads he has not been our best. Any objective viewpoints would do, rather than "he will fix it". He's a king, not God.
I'm not a goalie expert either, but if it's attributed to the new pads, I would say there's some risk if it means he has to change his style significantly.

Old
12-24-2013, 08:13 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemymum View Post
No intention of jumping off any cliffs, but with the new pads he has not been our best. Any objective viewpoints would do, rather than "he will fix it". He's a king, not God.
I'm not a goalie expert either, but if it's attributed to the new pads, I would say there's some risk if it means he has to change his style significantly.

What risk?

Old
12-24-2013, 08:22 PM
McD27

http://nypost.com/2013/12/24/rangers...e-controversy/

Fair or not. Real or not. It's out there.

It's up to Hank to turn his game around. To show the doubters the pads have nothing to do with it. The contract has nothing to do with it. 30 games don't erase what he's done for the past 8 seasons. But we can't live in the past. He was paid handsomely for those years and rewarded with a generous extension. There are no more excuses. This is a results business. The team has to play the guy who wins. No different than when he took the starting job from Kevin weeks 8 years ago. Obviously, given what he has done and the rich contract, the leash is much much longer. Should it be 40 games? 50 games? I dunno. Every game is so important for the playoffs.

McD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 09:32 PM
rangersfan9

Talbot and DelZaster for EDM's 2015 first rounder? Pretty much would be gift wrapping us McDavid or Eichel.

rangersfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 10:17 PM
TheRightWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan9 View Post
Talbot and DelZaster for EDM's 2015 first rounder? Pretty much would be gift wrapping us McDavid or Eichel.
And why would Edmonton do this?

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Aufheben
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
No.

That's not true. A high valued prospect i.e. Gibson has a lot more value. FFS, it's 10 games people; Talbot doesn't have any value, except to us. "Maybe not as a star", yeah, no ****.

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 10:50 PM
94now

15 games. No less. Close this thread and re-start after Talbot's 15th.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 11:27 PM
rangersfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
And why would Edmonton do this?
They wouldn't, but eventually they are going to overpay someone for a goalie. Teams are obviously asking for Yakupov hoping that they will eventually give in, but I would rather just roll the dice with their 2014-15 season. I don't think they are anywhere close to being good, so if the choice was Yakupov or their 2015 first round pick, I'd take their pick.

rangersfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan9 View Post
They wouldn't, but eventually they are going to overpay someone for a goalie. Teams are obviously asking for Yakupov hoping that they will eventually give in, but I would rather just roll the dice with their 2014-15 season. I don't think they are anywhere close to being good, so if the choice was Yakupov or their 2015 first round pick, I'd take their pick.
Neither is an option. They aren't trading that pick unless - maybe - it's in a deal for a young first pairing defenseman. They also aren't moving Yakupov unless it's a significant offer. These offers aren't even close to realistic.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 08:07 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by benneyb View Post
If the Rangers were smart, they would sign Cam now to an extension - 2 yrs, $1.25mm per the same I believe Biron was making. By the end of that contract, we should all know what we have in Cam. If Hank has bounced back, the most likely scenario, trade Cam for the best return, which should be significant, assuming 2 years of high level performance as the backup.
And Cam was an idiot

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote