HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dylan McIlrath (1/6: Skated without problem )

Old
12-24-2013, 12:35 PM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Good goalies don't grow on trees. Potentially great ones (and Blackburn was every bit of that) are rare. I'd say we could have put some deal together for a very high draft pick at minimum.

Teams rebuild form the goal tender out most of the time so I think that's not a stretch.

The thing is Blackburn was wowing so many of the commentators, pundits and vets. I can't be sure Hank would not have been the one delt.

It just goes to show that even a franchise as pathetic as the Rangers can draft and develop top end top talent.
Neither Danny's or Hank's or success had anythign to do with the Rangers.

Danny came in as a teenager and made the team. Played for the Rangers, not in the system. There was no developing by the team with him.

Same goes for Hank. He tore up the SEL and came over, sat for 30 games and took over the starting job when Weeks went down. All of Hanks development can be attributed to the folks at Frolunda (Junior squad and Pro team)

Rangers get credit for his development much in the same way Sather gets credit for the actual pick considering he took the GM job a week before the draft.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yep. Imagine if we had both of them. Man alive. We could have gotten a king's ransom for one of the two.
I wonder which one they would have kept. Has to be Blackburn. Cigar likes to toot his own horn and Blackie O was more of a slats pick.

Also picked that year was Marek Zidlicky, who sather cried "ask for too much money!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Neither Danny's or Hank's or success had anythign to do with the Rangers.

Danny came in as a teenager and made the team. Played for the Rangers, not in the system. There was no developing by the team with him.

Same goes for Hank. He tore up the SEL and came over, sat for 30 games and took over the starting job when Weeks went down. All of Hanks development can be attributed to the folks at Frolunda (Junior squad and Pro team)

Rangers get credit for his development much in the same way Sather gets credit for the actual pick considering he took the GM job a week before the draft.
Good point, both were pretty talented by the time they competed in the big league, the Rangers had no choice but to play them cause they were earning their way almost immediately. And Danny played behind some god awful defenses and made alot of great stops, especially in those Montreal games.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 04:44 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Finally back in Hartford after a long day of travel. Had a great couple days back home with family and friends! Merry Christmas everyone!
https://twitter.com/dylan_mcilrath/s...48048465543168

The Pack is playing tonight. McIlrath was able to travel back and forth. He took more than one plane each way. Not much leg room on those planes.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 09:35 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Dec 26, 2013 10:32a

He has a knee injury and will be re-evaluated in one week. RT @joefrohlinger: @WolfPackAHL Any word on Dylan? Happy holidays...

sent via TweetDeck
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/HawkCrawford/stat...29965886021632

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 11:01 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
He was helped off the ice favoring his knee badly. . If he is hurt seriously i want AV.and Sather both fired
That's funny, because I wanted Sather fired for plenty of other reasons over the last 14 years. In fact, drafting McIlrath to begin with was one of them. . .

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 11:03 AM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I wonder which one they would have kept. Has to be Blackburn. Cigar likes to toot his own horn and Blackie O was more of a slats pick.

Also picked that year was Marek Zidlicky, who sather cried "ask for too much money!"
Zids thing still pisses me off. What a moronic move to get rid of him.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Mike Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Hes damaged goods already.

Forget him. His knee will dog him his whole career. ...

Hey at least the garden looks good.

Sign Phaneuf
Does anyone seriously think he's a future top 4 Defenseman? He's a tough guy Matt Carkner type and nothing more.

Mike Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 12:03 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Martin View Post
Does anyone seriously think he's a future top 4 Defenseman? He's a tough guy Matt Carkner type and nothing more.

I cant see him in the top 4 to be honest. Idk anymore, i could be wrong but idk. I dont wanna think of it because i'll get annoyed.

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
That's funny, because I wanted Sather fired for plenty of other reasons over the last 14 years. In fact, drafting McIlrath to begin with was one of them. . .
Of course you hated the pick let me guess you wanted a 5ft 8 speedy Swede center? Who cares we both agree Sather is 4 yrs past his use and should be long gone

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Alvvays
Marle **3

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Martin View Post
Maybe you should watch him play, because you quite clearly don't.

Hopefully this injury doesn't servile development back. He was coming along extremely well before it, doesn't seem to be too serious, either. Hoping for some good news soon.

12-26-2013, 10:35 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Maybe you should watch him play, because you quite clearly don't.

Hopefully this injury doesn't servile development back. He was coming along extremely well before it, doesn't seem to be too serious, either. Hoping for some good news soon.
That's an interesting autocorrect...

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 11:18 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Any updates on McI?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 12:00 AM
sousuffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Was Blackburn really that good? I didn't really follow hockey back then.
I personally didn't think too highly of Blackburn. I felt like he was very flawed - I felt side-to-side he was sluggish...he also had a weak glove. Positionally he was decent, but he never came across to me as a world-beater. When I saw Hank play, you just knew he was more talented. I feel Blackburn gets overrated because of the unfortunate injury - almost similar to the same way Cherepanov went from "high upside, poor work ethic, high-risk prospect" before his death to "he was a lock to be a top NHL star for years" afterwards. We fantasize optimistically about what could have been for those who aren't fortunate enough to write their whole story.

sousuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 01:06 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sousuffer View Post
I personally didn't think too highly of Blackburn. I felt like he was very flawed - I felt side-to-side he was sluggish...he also had a weak glove. Positionally he was decent, but he never came across to me as a world-beater. When I saw Hank play, you just knew he was more talented. I feel Blackburn gets overrated because of the unfortunate injury - almost similar to the same way Cherepanov went from "high upside, poor work ethic, high-risk prospect" before his death to "he was a lock to be a top NHL star for years" afterwards. We fantasize optimistically about what could have been for those who aren't fortunate enough to write their whole story.
I'm not sure if you're are thinking of the right Dan Blackburn… his lateral movement and glove hand were two absolute strengths of his… I also remembering him handling the puck fairly well, although maybe that's just because he followed Richter who was terrible at it ;-)

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 08:14 AM
RangersHank*

A few rangers fan told me that Blackburn would have been very good

Old
12-30-2013, 09:18 AM
Colt Seavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Of course you hated the pick let me guess you wanted a 5ft 8 speedy Swede center? Who cares we both agree Sather is 4 yrs past his use and should be long gone
That U.S. defenseman...stands about 6 foot 1...200 lbs. What's his name? Fowler something? Oh yeah, Cam Fowler. The guy that Gordie Clark apparently loved but somehow...someway, was bypassed for Dylan McIlrath. Obviously, I hope Dylan has a long, successful career - but Cam Fowler, was.right.there.

Colt Seavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Mugless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Seavers View Post
That U.S. defenseman...stands about 6 foot 1...200 lbs. What's his name? Fowler something? Oh yeah, Cam Fowler. The guy that Gordie Clark apparently loved but somehow...someway, was bypassed for Dylan McIlrath. Obviously, I hope Dylan has a long, successful career - but Cam Fowler, was.right.there.
Cam Fowler is -49 in his NHL career. As a basis of comparison, Del Zotto is -8.

Mugless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 10:47 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugless View Post
+- stats are so overrated. Judging a player by a -+ is so wrong

Old
12-30-2013, 10:48 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:

I actually thought we were gonna draft him but then we drafted McIlrath and the old rangers board didnt really know who he was

Old
12-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Colt Seavers

Quote:
Yes. +/-.
And if we care to go by that messy stat, than we should also note that he's a +8 this year while averaging 24 minutes per game.

Old
12-30-2013, 11:03 AM
slipknottin

Guess Dylan just isn't instant gratification enough for some people.

Look at Forbort, he's even further away than Mcilrath.

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Yes. +/-.
And if we care to go by that messy stat, than we should also note that he's a +8 this year while averaging 24 minutes per game.
+8 on maybe the best team in the league isn't that great; at all. He can skate. Otherwise he's nothing special.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Colt Seavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Guess Dylan just isn't instant gratification enough for some people.

Look at Forbort, he's even further away than Mcilrath.
Like I said, I hope Dylan has a long, great run with this team. He has undeniable & valuable tools that will hopefully give him success. I do worry about his health but want nothing but the best for him. A question was posed & I responded. I would've preferred to see a different player chosen & nothing has really changed that opinion. The McIlrath selection was mystifying. It's all a moot point, I fully acknowledge - but again, the question was asked. Has nothing to do w/ 'instant gratification'

Old
12-30-2013, 11:44 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Kovalchuk was mostly a - player too.

Old
12-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Mugless

The point is that we didn't exactly pass up Bobby Orr to draft McIlrath.

Mugless is offline   Reply With Quote