HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2014 NHL Draft Discussion, Suck for Sam or Play Bad For Ekblad?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-22-2013, 12:13 PM
  #401
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
I'm not too familiar with prospects but from what i hear, i like Drasaitl. Can anybody tell me about him? Maybe some details?

RangersHank* is offline  
Old
12-22-2013, 03:09 PM
  #402
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 5,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
I'm not too familiar with prospects but from what i hear, i like Drasaitl. Can anybody tell me about him? Maybe some details?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1170119

mike14 is offline  
Old
12-22-2013, 03:15 PM
  #403
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Thanks, wow. Kid seems legit. 97 goals in 29 games? The hell? Lol

RangersHank* is offline  
Old
12-22-2013, 03:52 PM
  #404
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz
 
McDonagh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,757
vCash: 500
Not knocking him because I've never seen him play and he does have nice junior numbers, but Germany isn't exactly a hot bed for hockey and that was a U-16 league

Looks like Dominik Kahun is the same age and actually outscored him on the same team that year and every year they played together, however judging by the numbers he's having a tough time in Sudbury.

McDonagh is offline  
Old
12-22-2013, 05:18 PM
  #405
Raspewtin
Xanny family
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: France
Posts: 28,435
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Mauro View Post
Definitely. Perlini's shown alarming signs of not being able to impose his skill against good defenders. If the game tightens up or goes to an area of ice that requires some grit, he's invisible.
We already have that guy .

Give me a center if we get to the top 10, if no top ones are available give me Nick Ritchie.

__________________
"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.
Raspewtin is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 12:34 AM
  #406
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh View Post
Not knocking him because I've never seen him play and he does have nice junior numbers, but Germany isn't exactly a hot bed for hockey and that was a U-16 league

Looks like Dominik Kahun is the same age and actually outscored him on the same team that year and every year they played together, however judging by the numbers he's having a tough time in Sudbury.
He's a real fun guy to watch, is turning/has turned into a dominant leader on the Raiders down the middle. You can bet that hockey execs take it very seriously and hockey pedigree or lack of is a talking point. I think his puck skill and smarts to create offense will be enough for him to make it. I don't even consider his stats from Germany really...he is frequently manhandling defenders in the Dub like a player with post draft confidence. That is why he'll be a top ten pick.

Anthony Mauro is offline  
Old
12-23-2013, 09:38 PM
  #407
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 15,316
vCash: 500
Okay, fellow draftniks, I need some thoughts on Sam Bennett, Jared McCann and Adrian Kempe.

jas is online now  
Old
12-23-2013, 10:04 PM
  #408
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Any chance Jack glover falls to them in the 2nd?

slipknottin is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 08:29 PM
  #409
Pavel Buchnevich
Registered User
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 13,466
vCash: 500
I got an interesting question. Does anyone think a team would take our 2014 1st rounder if its a high pick for their 2015 first rounder?

In my mind, if someone would take our 2014 1st rounder for their 2015 first rounder, its a no brainer. If we could some how pick up an extra 2015 first rounder, there is always a chance we could luck into one of the franchise changing players that the 2015 draft will have without having to have a bad season.

Sather would be too much of an idiot to think of something creative like that. He would probably trade our 2015 first rounder.

Pavel Buchnevich is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 08:36 PM
  #410
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan9 View Post
I got an interesting question. Does anyone think a team would take our 2014 1st rounder if its a high pick for their 2015 first rounder?

In my mind, if someone would take our 2014 1st rounder for their 2015 first rounder, its a no brainer. If we could some how pick up an extra 2015 first rounder, there is always a chance we could luck into one of the franchise changing players that the 2015 draft will have without having to have a bad season.

Sather would be too much of an idiot to think of something creative like that. He would probably trade our 2015 first rounder.
I think the only way you see a trade like that is when the draft is in progress. If the Rangers come up on the clock, and a team really loves a particular player. On the other side, the Ranger's would have to not be thrilled with the talent available. Trades like this aren't done during the season - a first one year for a first in another…

Barnaby is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 08:38 PM
  #411
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan9 View Post
I got an interesting question. Does anyone think a team would take our 2014 1st rounder if its a high pick for their 2015 first rounder?

In my mind, if someone would take our 2014 1st rounder for their 2015 first rounder, its a no brainer. If we could some how pick up an extra 2015 first rounder, there is always a chance we could luck into one of the franchise changing players that the 2015 draft will have without having to have a bad season.

Sather would be too much of an idiot to think of something creative like that. He would probably trade our 2015 first rounder.
Not sure what you're suggesting. Let's say we finish 20th and end up with the 11th pick for 2014. You want to trade that to which team for their 2015? The Blackhawks or the Ducks might do that...but I doubt we'd be inclined to.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 08:39 PM
  #412
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I think the only way you see a trade like that is when the draft is in progress. If the Rangers come up on the clock, and a team really loves a particular player. On the other side, the Ranger's would have to not be thrilled with the talent available. Trades like this aren't done during the season - a first one year for a first in another…
Exactly. Pretty much sums it up. Has nothing to do with Sather being an idiot. lol

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 10:23 PM
  #413
Pavel Buchnevich
Registered User
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 13,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Not sure what you're suggesting. Let's say we finish 20th and end up with the 11th pick for 2014. You want to trade that to which team for their 2015? The Blackhawks or the Ducks might do that...but I doubt we'd be inclined to.
Something like that. The 2015 draft is supposed to have one or two potential once in a generation players and three or four others that look like potential franchise players. The 2014 draft does not have that. I think that it might make sense for the Rangers to just take a gamble by trading away the 2014 draft pick in hope that the team you trade with for their 2015 1st round pick just has a horrible year with injuries or for some reason horribly underachieves.

Pavel Buchnevich is offline  
Old
12-24-2013, 10:33 PM
  #414
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan9 View Post
Something like that. The 2015 draft is supposed to have one or two potential once in a generation players and three or four others that look like potential franchise players. The 2014 draft does not have that. I think that it might make sense for the Rangers to just take a gamble by trading away the 2014 draft pick in hope that the team you trade with for their 2015 1st round pick just has a horrible year with injuries or for some reason horribly underachieves.
It might make sense for the Rangers… I highly doubt that it makes sense for anyone else, unless they fall in love on draft day. That someone would likely be a very good team - not Edmonton.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
12-25-2013, 12:32 AM
  #415
Pavel Buchnevich
Registered User
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 13,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
It might make sense for the Rangers… I highly doubt that it makes sense for anyone else, unless they fall in love on draft day. That someone would likely be a very good team - not Edmonton.
Someone falls in love with a player every year and trades up or wants to trade back into the first round to grab a second first round draft pick. I'm not saying that the Rangers are necessarily going to be a perfect match for whatever team wants to do that, but if I was a GM of an NHL team I would jump at the opportunity to trade my 2014 first round pick for a 2015 first round pick.

Pavel Buchnevich is offline  
Old
12-25-2013, 06:51 AM
  #416
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 15,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan9 View Post
Something like that. The 2015 draft is supposed to have one or two potential once in a generation players and three or four others that look like potential franchise players. The 2014 draft does not have that. I think that it might make sense for the Rangers to just take a gamble by trading away the 2014 draft pick in hope that the team you trade with for their 2015 1st round pick just has a horrible year with injuries or for some reason horribly underachieves.

Leading up to 2009, all the talk was that John Taveras was the "next" one. In 2008, until the final few months, it was not quite apparent that Stamkos was the overwhelming choice for #1. Today, while Taveras is likely a top 10-16 player, Stamkos is clearly one of the 3 best players in the league.

Leading up to 2011, Adam Larsson was supposed to the next "generational" D-man. He's progressing, but, he has a long way to go.

In 2012, the Devils decided to not forgo forfeiting the 29th pick overall, since Lou Lams believed his team would remain playoff viable over the next few seasons. The Devils could easily have to forfeit a top 10 pick this year.

Draft boards change on a monthly basis. Evan McGrath and Angelo Esposito were once believed to be top 5 talents in their respective draft years. I'm not fond of moving a potential top 10 pick when I have no idea how my team will be composed a year from now.

jas is online now  
Old
12-25-2013, 09:51 AM
  #417
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,748
vCash: 500
There might be a few better players in next year's draft, but if we pick top 10 this year, we would need to get a pick at the same position next year to make it worth. And we're not getting that unless we trade for the Hawks/Penguins/Bruins pick and they completely collapse next year. So we really should keep this year's if it is a good one.

jniklast is offline  
Old
12-25-2013, 12:20 PM
  #418
Raspewtin
Xanny family
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: France
Posts: 28,435
vCash: 50
He's a fast riser and likely wont be available to us but wow I would love Michael Dal Colle.

Raspewtin is offline  
Old
12-26-2013, 06:54 AM
  #419
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,842
vCash: 500
Draisaitl playing Ekblad/Reinhart/McDavid right now for the opening game in the WJC tourney. Draisaitl has had a horrendous start with multiple giveaways before 10 minutes pass in the first.

McDavid drove down the wing and battled a D hard for the puck and won taking it to the net. Showing scouts he can handle himself.

Anthony Mauro is offline  
Old
12-26-2013, 07:26 AM
  #420
Pavel Buchnevich
Registered User
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 13,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Mauro View Post
Draisaitl playing Ekblad/Reinhart/McDavid right now for the opening game in the WJC tourney. Draisaitl has had a horrendous start with multiple giveaways before 10 minutes pass in the first.

McDavid drove down the wing and battled a D hard for the puck and won taking it to the net. Showing scouts he can handle himself.
Canada didn't look very good in that first period. Their goalie and defense look shaky against Germany, which isn't a good sign for when they play better teams.

McDavid is the real deal though.

Pavel Buchnevich is offline  
Old
12-26-2013, 11:13 AM
  #421
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 25,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Okay, fellow draftniks, I need some thoughts on Sam Bennett, Jared McCann and Adrian Kempe.
Bennett is a playmaker, McCann is a sniper and Kempe is a two way forward.

I like all 3 this early. I can see Bennett and McCann going top ten. Kempe between 10-16.

Centerman Nick Schmaltz is the guy we should be keeping tabs on - projects as a mid rounder, he's on his way to North Dakota, and we've taken two of their biggest recruits in the last few drafts(Miller, Tambellini).

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
12-26-2013, 11:56 AM
  #422
Joey Bones
Gorilla Lives Matter
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,065
vCash: 500
Skjei looking very solid right now for USA.

Edit: Sorry wrong thread

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
12-26-2013, 12:39 PM
  #423
Raspewtin
Xanny family
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: France
Posts: 28,435
vCash: 50
I knew Jack Eichel was good, but he looks incredible out there. Wow.

Raspewtin is offline  
Old
12-26-2013, 12:45 PM
  #424
Bullseyes
Registered User
 
Bullseyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I knew Jack Eichel was good, but he looks incredible out there. Wow.
He's made some pretty damn good plays today.

McDavid was also impressive. I'm not sure he's going to be better than Crosby like some seem to be hyping him out to be, but the best prospect since Crosby.

Bullseyes is offline  
Old
12-26-2013, 12:46 PM
  #425
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 15,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Bennett is a playmaker, McCann is a sniper and Kempe is a two way forward.

I like all 3 this early. I can see Bennett and McCann going top ten. Kempe between 10-16.

Centerman Nick Schmaltz is the guy we should be keeping tabs on - projects as a mid rounder, he's on his way to North Dakota, and we've taken two of their biggest recruits in the last few drafts(Miller, Tambellini).
Thanks for the info and the heads up.

jas is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.