HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What are you doing on Christmas Day?

Old
12-25-2013, 03:10 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Heading to the beach. go habs go

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Mon Amour View Post
Wow Galchenyuk jerseys becoming mainstream...

#gotminelastyearyo
I have a 31, 76 and 67 already. So, 27 was next on my list.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 06:13 PM
Lady Justice
Chasing Euphoria

vCash: 564
Got some nice things and about to start drinking.

-Makeup kit including 6 colors of eyeshadow, 2 eyeliner pencils, 2 colors of lipstick, some mascara, and a lash curler
-Gift box of 14 nail polish colors
-2 VISA gift cards and a Target gift card
-A garlic press
-The Hunger Games novel trilogy
-Gluten-free cookbook
-A couple long sleeved tops that are way too big but I'll wear anyway
-A red bead necklace handmade in Hawaii
-Stocking stuffers were a pair of tweezers, some toe spacers to help me paint my toes, a chocolate reindeer, and a candy cane.

12-25-2013, 06:21 PM
GoodKiwi

I didn't get anything, but I gave out some gifts such as iPad mini for my partner, Keurig coffee machine + some k-cups for my mom, Pandora bracelet + charms for my sister and No. 3 London Dry Gin + Tanqueray No 10 for my step-father (I just hope I' m there when those puppies are opened!), a wallet for my partner's mother and a tool set for my partner's father.

Giving is a lot more fun than receiving. Nothing better than seeing the person's face light up as they tear through the wrapping. That's when you know you nailed it!

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 07:46 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

i got a bottle of lagavulin 16 years, which i promptly drank

best scotch. ever

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 08:44 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
I didn't get anything, but I gave out some gifts such as iPad mini for my partner, Keurig coffee machine + some k-cups for my mom, Pandora bracelet + charms for my sister and No. 3 London Dry Gin + Tanqueray No 10 for my step-father (I just hope I' m there when those puppies are opened!), a wallet for my partner's mother and a tool set for my partner's father.

Giving is a lot more fun than receiving. Nothing better than seeing the person's face light up as they tear through the wrapping. That's when you know you nailed it!
I agree giving > receiving, but it'd suck if I spent hundreds of dollars on my relatives and got NOTHING...

Personnally got a set of wireless headphones to game/watch TV late at night without annoying everyone else, few gift cards, a Jersey of Leksand's IF team (De La Rose's team... completely randomly too, my mother in law just happened to travel there this year and bought it for me), few cigars, and the big gift was shared with my wife: our families got together to buy us a Vitamix blender.

Good year all around, quite happy with the gifts I found for people too... I usually lack imagination but nailed it this year for the most part.

EDIT not much planned for us this year. Celebrated on the 24th, supper on the 28th and evening with friends on the 31st. I also got this crazy pharygintis/tonsilitis on the 21st, I'm now on penicillin and morphine, so I can't really drink... although I might take enough morphine to not feel my throat tonight just so I can enjoy some whiskey LOL

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 09:02 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
I agree giving > receiving, but it'd suck if I spent hundreds of dollars on my relatives and got NOTHING...

Personnally got a set of wireless headphones to game/watch TV late at night without annoying everyone else, few gift cards, a Jersey of Leksand's IF team (De La Rose's team... completely randomly too, my mother in law just happened to travel there this year and bought it for me), few cigars, and the big gift was shared with my wife: our families got together to buy us a Vitamix blender.

Good year all around, quite happy with the gifts I found for people too... I usually lack imagination but nailed it this year for the most part.

EDIT not much planned for us this year. Celebrated on the 24th, supper on the 28th and evening with friends on the 31st. I also got this crazy pharygintis/tonsilitis on the 21st, I'm now on penicillin and morphine, so I can't really drink... although I might take enough morphine to not feel my throat tonight just so I can enjoy some whiskey LOL
Oh. My. God.

Granted, I know nothing about blenders, but I just saw the prices for those and still looking for my jaw somewhere on the floor.

What makes these so special/expensive? Care to share?

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 09:06 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:
Oh. My. God.

Granted, I know nothing about blenders, but I just saw the prices for those and still looking for my jaw somewhere on the floor.

Whoa, my grandpa just got one for himself today - he's weird like that. Weird to see it mentioned here

WhiskeySeven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 09:16 PM
DAChampion

I'm in Florida, getting to know my 5 month old nephew.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 09:22 PM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i got a bottle of lagavulin 16 years, which i promptly drank

best scotch. ever
You my friend are a refined gentleman
lagavulin ainec

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Eagle Eye Cherry
guitar player

sitting around in my apartment bored

Eagle Eye Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 11:06 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Oh. My. God.

Well, I'm not even sure how to explain :-) It's basically a way, way overpowered blender. Warranty is 7 years. It's powerful enough that the blades' friction can warm up the contents, so you can basically blend your ingredients in there for +/- 7 minutes and your soup/cream is done and hot.

You can make "ice cream" just by blending up frozen bananas, not milk or sugar added.

You can make homemade peanut butter. Or nutella.

It comes with 2 recipe books and there's more on their website. It basically replaces your blender and your food processor.

You can make your own flour. Mix dough for bread, pasta or whatever. It will grate your cheese, your carrots, etc.

Amazing tool to have if you want to eat healthier, "whole foods", but granted at a high price.

PS you'll never have a smoother smoothie/milkshake. It's also better to "blend" vs "juice" in a juicer, if you're into that, because you end up getting all the nutriments and throw away none. Traditional blenders will give you crappy results of you try to blend/juice while carrots and cale and apples for example.

PPS I had the same reaction when I first saw the price (cheaper at Costco BTW) but if you take some time to read up on it and check out a few YouTube videos, you'll see how it can really help you eat healthier. We have a 17 months boy and a 2nd one coming soon, quality of the food we serve them has become a concern of ours. I'm proud that we managed to never buy canned baby foods except twice when we got caught off guard our side the house. There is so m much chemical crap in foods today, and preserving agents... Anyways I'm way off topic LOL

Last edited by MasterD: 12-25-2013 at 11:12 PM.
MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 11:39 PM
xposbrad

am I the only one on xhamster?

xposbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 12:30 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
am I the only one on xhamster?

Last edited by MasterDecoy: 12-26-2013 at 12:36 AM.
MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote