HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Flyers have promising group of prospects at junior level

Old
12-25-2013, 01:25 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Philadelphia Flyers have promising group of prospects at junior level

The Philadelphia Flyers have a good number of prospects in junior hockey. Over the last few seasons, the organization has focused on developing and improving their blue line depth, as many of their current defensemen are already past their prime.

The Flyers currently have nine players in North American junior leagues, including two former first-round picks in Scott Laughton and Samuel Morin.

OHL

Scott Laughton, C, Oshawa Generals
Acquired: 1st round (20th overall) in 2012

Laughton is having a spectacular season with the Oshawa Generals, managing 24 goals and 26 assists through only 29 games. He plays in all situations for the Generals, but has been especially deadly on the penalty kill, where he leads the OHL with four short-handed markers.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 08:44 AM
Hiesenberg

I think hockey futures has every single flyers prospect at 7.0 or 7.5 and C

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 08:49 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
I think hockey futures has every single flyers prospect at 7.0 or 7.5 and C
Lol it really seems that way. If they have a chance of becoming a good player it's usually a 7.0.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 09:14 AM

You've got to wonder what someone would need to be to become an 8, let alone a 9 or 10. Not a brilliant rating system.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 10:25 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Wasn't there an article not long ago how we didn't have any promising talent in the Jr systems...

Yes the rating it 7/7.5 C b/c it's the bell curve, keeps everyone honest and predictable.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Jtown

The rating system is subpar especially when a majority of players have the exact same rating.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Broad Street Elite

Let me beat a dead horse one more time.... our winger prospects would look a whole lot better if we had taken Oliver Bjorkstrand in the 3rd round last year. He just inked his ELC today with Columbus after tallying 25 goals and 31 assists in 32 games to start the WHL season. Plays on the opposite wing as Taylor Leier as well.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Hiesenberg

Samuel Morin keeping at .6 points a game pace.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 01:09 PM
kelmitchell

so what is laughton compared to??? mike richards

kelmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 01:26 PM
BillDineen

Stolarz is a 7.0 for "prospect talent". ??? Giant, quick goalie is a 7.0? C for prob of success. I would have him as a 8 or 8.5 D.

Same for Morin as a 7.0???? I guess 6.7, tough, excellent skating defensemen grow on trees? Idiotic.

BillDineen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 01:27 PM
MP92
#RomanReignsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
so what is laughton compared to??? mike richards
Stylistically speaking, yes. But I think his offensive production will be more like Jarret Stoll's in his prime.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 01:30 PM
MP92
#RomanReignsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Let me beat a dead horse one more time.... our winger prospects would look a whole lot better if we had taken Oliver Bjorkstrand in the 3rd round last year. He just inked his ELC today with Columbus after tallying 25 goals and 31 assists in 32 games to start the WHL season. Plays on the opposite wing as Taylor Leier as well.
But can he bring it with both hands like Tyrell Goulbourne can?

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 01:39 PM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...eport/45/56683

Bill Maltzter's daily blog.

This time it's about Haggs progress.

The more I hear about him, the more I get excited. Really, really nice pick in the second round I guess.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...eport/45/56683

Bill Maltzter's daily blog.

This time it's about Haggs progress.

The more I hear about him, the more I get excited. Really, really nice pick in the second round I guess.
He has been pretty intense vs the Swiss so far, and the pre camp games. He just facewashed a Swiss guy and laid on a big hit earlier.

They are seemingly playing him as one of the go to guys vs the opposition better players and on the PK extensively.

But yeh, I have watched ~10 of Haggs games and Meltzer is pretty spot on. Though I think his improvement defensively is definitely clear since the start of the year, and you are seeing that in his WJC role.

He is the only >19 year old to play every SHL game this year.

And the only >20 D man to play every game.

Him, Lundberg, Djoos, Nillson, Bystrom and Pettersson are the only regular (20+/30+) D men below 20 years old in the SHL.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 02:14 PM
BackWithaVengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
He has been pretty intense vs the Swiss so far, and the pre camp games. He just facewashed a Swiss guy and laid on a big hit earlier.

They are seemingly playing him as one of the go to guys vs the opposition better players and on the PK extensively.

But yeh, I have watched ~10 of Haggs games and Meltzer is pretty spot on. Though I think his improvement defensively is definitely clear since the start of the year, and you are seeing that in his WJC role.

He is the only >19 year old to play every SHL game this year.

And the only >20 D man to play every game.

Him, Lundberg, Djoos, Nillson, Bystrom and Pettersson are the only regular (20+/30+) D men below 20 years old in the SHL.
Thanks for the input. Really appreciated.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance View Post
Thanks for the input. Really appreciated.
He just played 3 of the last 5 shifts in the game vs the Swiss as well I reckon... he was out for almost all of the last two minutes.

They certainly trust him.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 02:52 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
who needs goal scorers on the wing when you can have guys that can fight and hit.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 03:10 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
who needs goal scorers on the wing when you can have guys that can fight and hit.
If you beat up the other teams guys they wont play as hard and will let you score becuase they dont wanted to get beated up again or something i dont know where i am

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 04:44 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I'm liking Hudson Fasching so far this year, LA's 4th round pick. He's been pretty good for Minnesota (almost a PPG average as a freshmen) & has played well so far in the WJC's. He'll probably have an offer to turn pro after the season.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I'm liking Hudson Fasching so far this year, LA's 4th round pick. He's been pretty good for Minnesota (almost a PPG average as a freshmen) & has played well so far in the WJC's. He'll probably have an offer to turn pro after the season.
I always come back to Bjorkstrand for a couple reasons. First, as we were coming to that pick, several of us were calling for him to be selected because he was among the draft day sliders who people were somewhat familiar with. Second, when the Flyers draft board got leaked, Bjorkstrand was the Flyers highest rated player available when they selected.

You can always Monday Morning Quarterback drafts down the road and find late surprises, but this is a case where the fans and the Flyers draft board could have told you who the appropriate selection should have been. It's just an extra kick in the groin to see him playing very well... On the same line as another Flyers prospect.... And signing an ELC already.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 05:54 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I always come back to Bjorkstrand for a couple reasons. First, as we were coming to that pick, several of us were calling for him to be selected because he was among the draft day sliders who people were somewhat familiar with. Second, when the Flyers draft board got leaked, Bjorkstrand was the Flyers highest rated player available when they selected.

You can always Monday Morning Quarterback drafts down the road and find late surprises, but this is a case where the fans and the Flyers draft board could have told you who the appropriate selection should have been. It's just an extra kick in the groin to see him playing very well... On the same line as another Flyers prospect.... And signing an ELC already.
Oh yeah, I was just adding another name into the mix. I don't know where the Flyers had Fasching but he has the size they usually covet.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote