HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2013-2014 Blues Discussion Thread - Part III

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2013, 02:08 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
The Hawks had a 7 part thread last year about firing Coach Q. Every loss now with this team just feels so disappointing compared to other years because we know what this team is capable of. Also being Blues fans I think that losses on us are extra tough because some of us are afraid that these losses are signs of this team just not being good enough for the cup. To be honest I'd be more concerned about the fans not going overboard after a loss rather than shrugging it off and saying "Well nothing better we could have done." All of us here just want the same thing, that parade down Market Street.

well you made up an interesting point since the Hawks are an example everyone should NOT want to follow. they still have good posters but with success this fanbase became as unlikeable as you can be with beeing arrogant, respectless and troll every main board thread about their rivals.

not that we/I have much of a choice but I really don't wanna follow their path (other than winning some cups! )

Old
12-26-2013, 04:27 AM
BlueDream

I think it's funny how there is, for some reason, this irrational belief that only Blues fans are negative and overreact to losses. This is how every fanbase is and if you don't believe me then you need to read other boards because it's the truth. It's just part of being a fan, every team has fans that will be cynical. I respect 2MM's decision and don't blame him at all, and I hope to see him back, but yeah. If you don't want to deal with the negativity then the internet isn't the best place to be...

Old
12-26-2013, 11:53 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
I think it's funny how there is, for some reason, this irrational belief that only Blues fans are negative and overreact to losses. This is how every fanbase is and if you don't believe me then you need to read other boards because it's the truth. It's just part of being a fan, every team has fans that will be cynical. I respect 2MM's decision and don't blame him at all, and I hope to see him back, but yeah. If you don't want to deal with the negativity then the internet isn't the best place to be...
Are you seriously using the pathetic argument that everyone else does it so it must be okay?

That says a lot about you and your character if you think things are acceptable behavior just because other people do things makes them okay for you to do.

I think a lot of us came to this board for a reason, as if we wanted to put up with the negative BS we's just go to the St Louis Today forums.

I'm a Blues fan but to be honest if the Blues win a cup in the whole scheme of things my life wont change at all. If the Blues are in last place you know what my life will not be any different either.

Hockey is entertainment. I enjoy watching hockey. I enjoy having intelligent conversations about hockey.

To be honest this forum was a much better place when the Blues were losing. Maybe it's due to the new influx of posters that the environment has changed here.

If you have to come on a message board with a such a negative perspective it just says you most likely are unhappy with your life as a whole and need to focus on improving that instead of whining about Blues players because the Blues lost one freaking game.

The whole if you don't like negativity leave the internet is BS as well. I go to different forums and in general spend a lot of time on forums that have a positive feel to them. If the internet you see has a negative feel to it you're spending your time in the wrong places.

Some people just like negativity and are attracted to it I guess. When they bring it to our forum it's frustrating because that is not why a good portion of us came to this forum. We came to avoid it. This forum use to be a step above all the other Blues forums.

Old
12-26-2013, 12:55 PM
TK 421
I blame Tarasenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Are you seriously using the pathetic argument that everyone else does it so it must be okay?

That says a lot about you and your character if you think things are acceptable behavior just because other people do things makes them okay for you to do.

I think a lot of us came to this board for a reason, as if we wanted to put up with the negative BS we's just go to the St Louis Today forums.

I'm a Blues fan but to be honest if the Blues win a cup in the whole scheme of things my life wont change at all. If the Blues are in last place you know what my life will not be any different either.

Hockey is entertainment. I enjoy watching hockey. I enjoy having intelligent conversations about hockey.

To be honest this forum was a much better place when the Blues were losing. Maybe it's due to the new influx of posters that the environment has changed here.

If you have to come on a message board with a such a negative perspective it just says you most likely are unhappy with your life as a whole and need to focus on improving that instead of whining about Blues players because the Blues lost one freaking game.

The whole if you don't like negativity leave the internet is BS as well. I go to different forums and in general spend a lot of time on forums that have a positive feel to them. If the internet you see has a negative feel to it you're spending your time in the wrong places.

Some people just like negativity and are attracted to it I guess. When they bring it to our forum it's frustrating because that is not why a good portion of us came to this forum. We came to avoid it. This forum use to be a step above all the other Blues forums.
Wow, this is really preachy. It sounds like you have a serious issue being able to handle people having opinions that differ from your own. I've got news for you, sometimes people are going to express negative sentiments and they are just as entitled to express themselves as you are to express positive sentiments. If you are so affected by others opinions differing from yours, it begs the question....why are you here? Well, you have basically told us all that you're looking for positive reinforcement, so maybe just ignore what you find negative?

Old
12-26-2013, 01:12 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK 421 View Post
Wow, this is really preachy. It sounds like you have a serious issue being able to handle people having opinions that differ from your own. I've got news for you, sometimes people are going to express negative sentiments and they are just as entitled to express themselves as you are to express positive sentiments. If you are so affected by others opinions differing from yours, it begs the question....why are you here? Well, you have basically told us all that you're looking for positive reinforcement, so maybe just ignore what you find negative?
I have said many times we are going to have different opinions. Having different opinions is what leads to good discussion. Lately the negative opinions are just to ***** and moan with no logical knowledge behind it.

Every player on this team has some things that they could improve on. Personally I would love if Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester were more physical players as the both have decent size but neither one is very physical. Does them not being physical negate all of the good they do for the team? No it doesn't.

I am hard on Hitchcock compared to most people. But do I also see the good things he brings to the team as well.

I am harder on Armstrong's moves than most people as well. But I also know he has made some good moves as well.

Having your own opinion is perfectly fine. Having a negative opinion that lacks substance is what brings the board down.

Saying a player sucks should not be in the NHL is a bust ect doesn't contribute to a good discussion. Every player on our team contributes in some way or they would be out of the lineup. I do disagree with Hitchcock's lineup decisions often. But Hitchcock is a good NHL coach and obviously sees something positive in those players to put them in the lineup or to make his lineup the way he does.

A good majority of the negative posts will never lead to a good discussion because people are just *****ing and moaning and overreacting. It's fine to not be a fan of players on our team. There are a few players on our team I am not a fan of.

BTW No one one's opinion affects me either. I may end up annoyed that I just wasted my time reading the post. I enjoy intelligent conversation with varying opinions. That seems to be lacking on this board currently while it was present in the past.

Last edited by HooliganX2: 12-26-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old
12-26-2013, 01:34 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

yeah in the off-season Hooligan was pretty much the hardliner here.
often that hard on our management that it was annoying at times but always had a point and there was also room for discussions...thats how places like this should look like IMO.

Old
12-26-2013, 01:38 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Colaiacovo sucks, we need to get rid of him.

Seriously though, does anyone disagree with that? That's really the only player that fits that description, and that's a darn good thing.

Old
12-26-2013, 01:50 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
yeah in the off-season Hooligan was pretty much the hardliner here.
often that hard on our management that it was annoying at times but always had a point and there was also room for discussions...thats how places like this should look like IMO.

but now the information you get on the fourth page on a player discussion here is "player x sux, get someone else"....thats just sad and not discussing anything at all.
Something funny I was pretty against the Roy and Morrow signings. If both keep up their play and chemistry they seem to have found with Stewart I will be the first one to say i was way wrong and both seem like good signings.

As tough as i am on Armstrong at times being an NHL GM is much tougher than I think most of us realize. It's easy for us to say what they should do. Sometimes though they just don't have those options. We preached for at least a whole season and a half about the need for a top pairing LH defenseman. It took a while but Armstrong did finally get the job done and for a price that was fair.

Right now I just want to see our team healthy again. Also what worries me about our team is not a single player it's our team taking periods off. That's something I am not sure how to fix.

Old
12-26-2013, 02:02 PM
TK 421
I blame Tarasenko

Quote:
Something funny I was pretty against the Roy and Morrow signings. If both keep up their play and chemistry they seem to have found with Stewart I will be the first one to say i was way wrong and both seem like good signings.

As tough as i am on Armstrong at times being an NHL GM is much tougher than I think most of us realize. It's easy for us to say what they should do. Sometimes though they just don't have those options. We preached for at least a whole season and a half about the need for a top pairing LH defenseman. It took a while but Armstrong did finally get the job done and for a price that was fair.

Right now I just want to see our team healthy again. Also what worries me about our team is not a single player it's our team taking periods off. That's something I am not sure how to fix.
Maybe we're witnessing an inevitable shift toward "flipping a switch" the way LA has for a few years now? With so much of the Blues game revolving around sustaining a heavy forecheck and hard work, perhaps this is just a result of demanding a team play at a high level over a long period of time. That wouldn't be terrible if they remember to flip that switch when we really need them to.

Old
12-26-2013, 02:37 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Colaiacovo sucks, we need to get rid of him.

Seriously though, does anyone disagree with that? That's really the only player that fits that description, and that's a darn good thing.
Considering he is a mere roster filler and an emergency last resort...until Leopold comes back on a meager contract...What are you expecting him to be? Paul Coffey? We have nothing else that needs to be here.

Carlo
or
Chorney
Either way.......

Old
12-26-2013, 08:53 PM
BlueDream

Quote:

Lol, you sure do take this stuff way too seriously. Get off your soap box and calm down. I'm not saying the negativity everywhere makes it right, but it's laughable how you some of you CONSTANTLY complain about this board being negative. Then get off the damn internet if you can't handle it, it's not that hard. Or, take your own advice and go post at a non-sports forum where it doesn't involving losing games. That's fine if you want to leave but just do it. We don't need to see you whining about the negativity all the time. Nothing will ever be rainbows and unicorns 24/7 with any team on any forum really. Deal with it.

By the way I'm not one of the negative posters who whines about players so you might want to write this to someone else.

Old
12-26-2013, 10:24 PM
Bluesman91

There is a big difference in being negative and just wanting the team to play better. There are a few of us that have been posting consistently for years now. Let's not let some of the rotten apples ruin our enjoyment of having discussions about our beloved team. If you don't like someone's posts just ignore them and move on with your day. Could you guys even imagine being an intelligent poster on a Canadien team forum?

Old
12-26-2013, 11:19 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

There's a sizeable difference between expressing a negative opinion intelligently, and spewing random negative garbage.

Nobody signed up here because they want to wade through scads of the latter. In fact, many of us migrated here to escape that very problem when it permeated other boards we frequented to the point where we could no longer stomach it.

Having the ability to post here is not a carte blanche license to spam crap or troll others. This is a private site, and there are rules that are expected to be obeyed.

My preference is always to give people the benefit of the doubt, but constantly disruptive behavior is not something I'm inclined to tolerate.

Old
12-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
There's a sizeable difference between expressing a negative opinion intelligently, and spewing random negative garbage.

Nobody signed up here because they want to wade through scads of the latter. In fact, many of us migrated here to escape that very problem when it permeated other boards we frequented to the point where we could no longer stomach it.

Having the ability to post here is not a carte blanche license to spam crap or troll others. This is a private site, and there are rules that are expected to be obeyed.

My preference is always to give people the benefit of the doubt, but constantly disruptive behavior is not something I'm inclined to tolerate.
AMEN!

Many of us here migrated away from other Blues boards to this one because it had strict rules and strict enforcement, and resulting less trolling. It's now only half a step better than those others in that regard, instead of the whole step. Let's give a little less "benefit of the doubt" and not tolerate obvious trolling. And bring it back to the way it was. Also, let's be prudent, and be careful not to "feed the trolls", by getting sucked into their meaningless discussions.

Old
12-27-2013, 11:19 AM
KnightofBoston
Mnt. Carlo

Some discussion going on between Bruins and Blues

Old
12-27-2013, 11:23 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Porter and Jaskin recalled, I guess thats not a good sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Some discussion going on between Bruins and Blues
finally! Kreijci is coming!

honestly, have you got a source or link?

Old
12-27-2013, 11:37 AM
illninofan*

I could see us getting a D-man from Boston in preparation for another move or two.

Old
12-27-2013, 11:41 AM
Robb_K

Quote:

That must mean that Steen appears a lot more likely to not be ready for The Hawks game, or that they've even already made the decision that he won't play. That's very disappointing.

Old
12-27-2013, 11:43 AM
CarvinSigX
The Toilet

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
I could see us getting a D-man from Boston in preparation for another move or two.
Yeah, I don't see Boston moving anyone we'd really want. Contenders don't trade with one another for obvious reasons. The center issue will have to come from someone else.

Old
12-27-2013, 11:45 AM
illninofan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
That must mean that Steen appears a lot more likely to not be ready for The Hawks game, or that they've even already made the decision that he won't play. That's very disappointing.
Porter and Jaskin were going to be called up anyway in case. They made that move to save money or something.

Old
12-27-2013, 11:51 AM
illninofan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Yeah, I don't see Boston moving anyone we'd really want. Contenders don't trade with one another for obvious reasons. The center issue will have to come from someone else.
Guess we're probably just "talking" then. Probably goes on often enough with every team in the league anyway.

Old
12-27-2013, 11:58 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
Adam McQuaid please!!

Old
12-27-2013, 12:19 PM
illninofan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Adam McQuaid please!!
Yep, lots of big/mean D-men who can clear a damn crease.

Old
12-27-2013, 12:21 PM
KnightofBoston
Mnt. Carlo

Quote:

Ya:

@dominictiano: @sarah_connors may be in hockey heaven: There has been "communication" between Blues and Bruins

Sarah writes for Providence and Dom is a trusted guy on our board for inside info, writes for OHL

Old
12-27-2013, 12:24 PM
illninofan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Ya:

@dominictiano: @sarah_connors may be in hockey heaven: There has been "communication" between Blues and Bruins

Sarah writes for Providence and Dom is a trusted guy on our board for inside info, writes for OHL
Which of your D-men are realistically available? The reason I ask in the first place is because on the trade board, apparently the Bruins are trying to deal D-men.

I'll go ahead and kill any and all Chara fantasies right about now.

Last edited by illninofan*: 12-27-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Closed Thread