HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Start Talbot on a consistent basis

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-24-2013, 11:01 AM
  #126
trueblue35
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
Many people seem to forget that prior to the 11-12 season, Lundqvist would go through parts of the season playing decent and towards the end, he was able to settle down and put the team on his back

trueblue35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 03:16 PM
  #127
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue35 View Post
Many people seem to forget that prior to the 11-12 season, Lundqvist would go through parts of the season playing decent and towards the end, he was able to settle down and put the team on his back
He hasn't been just "decent," he lets in 4 goals a game. That's bad. Is he just having a tough season? Most likely, but it doesn't mean show unwavering faith in him.

If you measure performance by a guys own standards, Lundqvist has been our WORST player this season (worse than Del Zotto). Just no one admits it... he's been "off his game," or "hasn't looked well..." No, he's been bad and shouldn't start until Talbot looks bad.

We aren't and haven't been a high scoring team. We weren't a high scoring team when we were runner-up for President's Trophy, the same year our current coach won said honors, and made the SCF... so you can't blame Vigneault. All season, Hank has had a good (albeit not as good as before) top-4 in front of him.

All things considered, and while I love Hank, the stats are very telling this season; he's losing games for us. Not Pyatt, Pouliot, Del Zotto or Callahan

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 04:23 PM
  #128
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
He hasn't been just "decent," he lets in 4 goals a game. That's bad. Is he just having a tough season? Most likely, but it doesn't mean show unwavering faith in him.

If you measure performance by a guys own standards, Lundqvist has been our WORST player this season (worse than Del Zotto). Just no one admits it... he's been "off his game," or "hasn't looked well..." No, he's been bad and shouldn't start until Talbot looks bad.

We aren't and haven't been a high scoring team. We weren't a high scoring team when we were runner-up for President's Trophy, the same year our current coach won said honors, and made the SCF... so you can't blame Vigneault. All season, Hank has had a good (albeit not as good as before) top-4 in front of him.

All things considered, and while I love Hank, the stats are very telling this season; he's losing games for us. Not Pyatt, Pouliot, Del Zotto or Callahan

Current coach might not be a good fit for this team as he would somewhere else.

The amount of goals where defense failed vs the ones he really should've gotten are like 20:1 in favor of crappy/no coverage.

If you think Lundqvist has been the worst player on a team that is 27th in goals for, I couldn't possibly avoid infraction to such an opinion.

Henrik can't cross the red line, he'll get a penalty

Love Hank, then what the bloody blind hatred heck kind of love is that?

And Pouilot has just recently picked it up. Don't dare say otherwise. Pyatt is better than Hank? Dude. While Del Zotto's been decent lately, his lack of quickness and aggression helped this somewhat popular opinion of Hank in the first place!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 07:26 PM
  #129
McD27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
http://nypost.com/2013/12/24/rangers...e-controversy/

McD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 07:48 PM
  #130
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,612
vCash: 500
Crosby didn't score a couple of games in a row. Perhaps Samuelsson's son should take his place in the lineup.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 07:52 PM
  #131
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
He hasn't been just "decent," he lets in 4 goals a game. That's bad. Is he just having a tough season? Most likely, but it doesn't mean show unwavering faith in him.

If you measure performance by a guys own standards, Lundqvist has been our WORST player this season (worse than Del Zotto). Just no one admits it... he's been "off his game," or "hasn't looked well..." No, he's been bad and shouldn't start until Talbot looks bad.

We aren't and haven't been a high scoring team. We weren't a high scoring team when we were runner-up for President's Trophy, the same year our current coach won said honors, and made the SCF... so you can't blame Vigneault. All season, Hank has had a good (albeit not as good as before) top-4 in front of him.

All things considered, and while I love Hank, the stats are very telling this season; he's losing games for us. Not Pyatt, Pouliot, Del Zotto or Callahan
Two points:

For whatever reason the team is playing far superior with Talbot than with Hank. Against the Isles, it was absurd how many blatant chances the Isles had.

No one in the entire league is currently playing worse than MDZ. Every time he touches the puck I wait for someone to take it away from him or have him pass it to no one.

Oops. Third point.

Girardi is much worse this year than last year. With Staal out, this has become a far below average top 4 D.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 03:20 PM
  #132
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
I agree, they seem to play better in front of him, but if he were to give up 2-3 early goals... the team is learning to be resilient, but expecting 4 goals from them regularly is like expecting Santa would drop Jenna Haze under the tree. Henrik's new MO is to let in 3-4 goals a game... 75% of the time, or more, maybe 80-85%, that means we lose.

And we know DelZaster ranges from an absolute detriment to an above-average top-4 D (haven't seen that this season, but still), so he's not the worst, 'cause it's to be expected. Lundqvist's play is WAY below his standard and ability. Everyone is underachieving but MZA, Kreider and McDonagh.

Our worst player has been Henrik Lundvist, all season. It's ok to dsagree, but I'd love to see another explanation... I'll take a stab at it, this team is simply not very good. I might buy that. BUT it wasn't much better in 2011-12.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 05:12 PM
  #133
Elvis Presley
Aka #30
 
Elvis Presley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,253
vCash: 500
This thread starts and ends with this:

If one player is playing significantly better than another, and you need to make a decision on who to play, put in the better player.

All this 'Lundqvist in the past did this' and 'He's a better overall goaltender who we should let play through his slump'... Well, have fun winning that cup.

This isn't your daughter's little league. Play to win. You don't owe any player ANYTHING except the fat check they get to cash on payday.

Elvis Presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 06:19 PM
  #134
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
I know what AV is doing, he is making Talbots value go up just like he did to Schneider so we can trade Talbot for the 9th pick

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 06:22 PM
  #135
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
I agree, they seem to play better in front of him, but if he were to give up 2-3 early goals... the team is learning to be resilient, but expecting 4 goals from them regularly is like expecting Santa would drop Jenna Haze under the tree. Henrik's new MO is to let in 3-4 goals a game... 75% of the time, or more, maybe 80-85%, that means we lose.

And we know DelZaster ranges from an absolute detriment to an above-average top-4 D (haven't seen that this season, but still), so he's not the worst, 'cause it's to be expected. Lundqvist's play is WAY below his standard and ability. Everyone is underachieving but MZA, Kreider and McDonagh.

Our worst player has been Henrik Lundvist, all season. It's ok to dsagree, but I'd love to see another explanation... I'll take a stab at it, this team is simply not very good. I might buy that. BUT it wasn't much better in 2011-12.
Let's not get carried away with this. Henrik as been far worse this year than he's ever been, even in his slumps. But I'd like to see anyone say with a straight face that he's worse than Taylor Pyatt or any of the Hartford yo-yo's.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 06:23 PM
  #136
OnlyTruth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
I think Hank needs to change his coach. Change the style a bit. That would also benefit Talbot IMO. If the team plays bad, we fire the coach, so why not do the same with the goalie coach?

OnlyTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 06:25 PM
  #137
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyTruth View Post
I think Hank needs to change his coach. Change the style a bit. That would also benefit Talbot IMO. If the team plays bad, we fire the coach, so why not do the same with the goalie coach?
Allaire prefers goalie's playing deep.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 06:50 PM
  #138
OnlyTruth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
Allaire prefers goalie's playing deep.
I think it is some portions of the butterfly style that is negatively effecting Hank. He gets out of position really fast, because he can't handle it well.

OnlyTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 11:59 PM
  #139
Oak
Hockey fan
 
Oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 50
Play whichever goalie is hot. Hank isnt going anywhere but i dont have any sympathetic reasons to play him when hes struggling. We are trying to win hockey games here. We still have a chance to make playoffs in our embarrassing conference.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 01:20 PM
  #140
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Let's not get carried away with this. Henrik as been far worse this year than he's ever been, even in his slumps. But I'd like to see anyone say with a straight face that he's worse than Taylor Pyatt or any of the Hartford yo-yo's.
Ok, but realize what I'm saying, to measure performance by a guy's own benchmarks and standards, Henrik has been absolutely atrocious.

Pyatt is a good argument, we saw bad times last season with him, but he's at a career-low.

By the standards I have mentioned, let me maintain that Henrik Lundqvist is our worst player this season, and the primary reason why we've lost several games.

Now I'm not short-sighted or (completely) stupid--if we traded him, we're trading the best goalie in the NHL (at his best), and the only reason we have been competitve in recent years. Lunqvist is better than the sum of the parts, sadly... BUT Henrik Lundqvist = New York Rangers, at this point. He plays bad, the team plays bad.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 01:21 PM
  #141
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardacus View Post
play whichever goalie is hot. Hank isnt going anywhere but i dont have any sympathetic reasons to play him when hes struggling. We are trying to win hockey games here. We still have a chance to make playoffs in our embarrassing conference.
thank you

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 02:01 PM
  #142
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardacus View Post
play whichever goalie is hot. Hank isnt going anywhere but i dont have any sympathetic reasons to play him when hes struggling. We are trying to win hockey games here. We still have a chance to make playoffs in our embarrassing conference.
- 30 -

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 02:26 PM
  #143
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,844
vCash: 500
You cannot say Hank has been our worst player while Taylor Pyatt is on the roster. That discussion ends there. If people believe Hank is our biggest issue, it is because he is not contributing enough offense. We lack goals. We score more and we can win more. See how the best teams are around 3 for them and 2 for the other guys? That is where we need to go. The GAA needs to drop a little, the goals needs to go up nearly 1.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 09:43 PM
  #144
yourmanmatt
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
They should have traded lundqvist to edmonton for like hall and a 1st. Instead of extending his contract. He has been dreadful this year wwithout them blocking shots.

yourmanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 03:54 AM
  #145
Fanned On It
Registered User
 
Fanned On It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,842
vCash: 500
Hank hasn't been atrocious... he's been average. Atrocious, really? With the chances our team gives up? Give me a break.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 04:40 AM
  #146
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourmanmatt View Post
They should have traded lundqvist to edmonton for like hall and a 1st. Instead of extending his contract. He has been dreadful this year wwithout them blocking shots.
What about Crosby and a first?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 08:02 AM
  #147
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
What about Crosby and a first?

Malkin, Crosby, Neal and a 2nd?

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 09:45 AM
  #148
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
By his own standards he's been atrocious and our worst player. What do some of you expect from Pyatt? Has he lost us multiple games this year? This is about comparing the player now to how they should be playing. It sucks but either you let him ride it out and continue to lose or give Talbot starts and see how long it takes him to fall back down to earth.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:02 AM
  #149
rangers91
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
rangers should start talbot a few more games to showcase him, then trade him for martin jones, that guy is a ****ing beast, is going to an all star goalie one day

rangers91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:21 AM
  #150
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
What about Crosby and a first?
Nah, Pittsburgh's 1st rounder won't be high enough

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.