HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No more Third Jerseys?

Old
01-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Arcane

vCash: 500
No more Third Jerseys?

According to Strickland at Hockeybuzz there won't be anymore third jersey's next year?.

What do you think?

I personally like the idea of third jerseys and it kind of sucks that they're getting rid of them (If this is true)

Arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 12:12 PM
chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevefromYellowstone View Post
According to Strickland at Hockeybuzz there won't be anymore third jersey's next year?.

What do you think?

I personally like the idea of third jerseys and it kind of sucks that they're getting rid of them (If this is true)
Old news.

chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 01:15 PM
HOF

I hated when they changed the home whites to dark ones the moment I heard of it.

HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Arcane

oops, Didn't see any threads on this I didn't realize it's old news

Old
01-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Declassified

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevefromYellowstone View Post
oops, Didn't see any threads on this I didn't realize it's old news
that's because it's Reeeeeeeeeeeeally old news

Declassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Arcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declassified View Post
that's because it's Reeeeeeeeeeeeally old news
haha makes sense.

Old
01-15-2007, 01:34 PM
SaveHextall

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot_Scorer View Post
I hated when they changed the home whites to dark ones the moment I heard of it.
You will be happy to hear than that rumor has it that they are going back to the home white's and road darks next year too.

The small silver lining to all of this new jersey crap.

SaveHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 03:15 PM
VoiceOfReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance View Post
Old news.
You must be the Hockey-Insider!

VoiceOfReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 04:09 PM
metallicat

I dislike the Oilers 3rd, so I couldn't be happier if I never see it again, but I like teams wearing blue at home. I don't really get the hostility towards that.

metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Danglefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
I dislike the Oilers 3rd, so I couldn't be happier if I never see it again, but I like teams wearing blue at home. I don't really get the hostility towards that.
I can't speak for everybody but I personally don't like wearing the darks at home because for as long as I can remember it has just always been white jerseys at home. I just don't think they should change the game, just for the sake of changing it, I mean there really was no real reasoning to change the home jersey colours to the darks.

Danglefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Vagabond

Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveHextall View Post
You will be happy to hear than that rumor has it that they are going back to the home white's and road darks next year too.

The small silver lining to all of this new jersey crap.

I know I'll be happy.. never understood the reasoning for the change in the first place. I don't mind the 3rd jersey's though.

Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Ubiquitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglefish View Post
I can't speak for everybody but I personally don't like wearing the darks at home because for as long as I can remember it has just always been white jerseys at home. I just don't think they should change the game, just for the sake of changing it, I mean there really was no real reasoning to change the home jersey colours to the darks.
Lets see, bland white jerseys that every single team carries versus a jersey with your team's unique colors, I would take wearing the dark colored jersey for a home jersey anyday. I have no stats, but I'd say most teams sell more of their colored jerseys than plain white ones, look at calgary, would you really want a team wearing thier whites in a sea of red?, in the oilers case, there are two blue colored jerseys compared to one white.

Correct me if im wrong, but I think the NBA now uses the same system of whites on the road, for them atleast it matches the color of their arenas which also looks nicer.

Either way, they prob just did it for the change, why not?, change is good IMO some were complaining when the oilers changed the center of the ice logo, I love that too btw looks much better. Not changing for the sake of not changing isn't the way to go.

Ubiquitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitin View Post
Lets see, bland white jerseys that every single team carries versus a jersey with your team's unique colors, I would take wearing the dark colored jersey for a home jersey anyday. I have no stats, but I'd say most teams sell more of their colored jerseys than plain white ones, look at calgary, would you really want a team wearing thier whites in a sea of red?, in the oilers case, there are two blue colored jerseys compared to one white.

Correct me if im wrong, but I think the NBA now uses the same system of whites on the road, for them atleast it matches the color of their arenas which also looks nicer.

Either way, they prob just did it for the change, why not?, change is good IMO some were complaining when the oilers changed the center of the ice logo, I love that too btw looks much better. Not changing for the sake of not changing isn't the way to go.
so you're saying you'd rather have blue vs. bland white for 41 games rather than bland white vs. a variety of other colors from opposing teams?

Either way, there's gonna be a team of bland white on the ice. You're just choosing the 2nd team to wear the same color every single night rather than having a change of color every night.

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
so you're saying you'd rather have blue vs. bland white for 41 games rather than bland white vs. a variety of other colors from opposing teams?

Either way, there's gonna be a team of bland white on the ice. You're just choosing the 2nd team to wear the same color every single night rather than having a change of color every night.

^hahaha nice point.

Old
01-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Ubiquitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post

I never looked at it this way. I really dont really care about opposing teams, if I had the choice to have my home team wear white vs blue every night, i would choose blue, simple.

It makes sense. White is NOT the team's identity, every single team in the nhl has a white jersey, but the second jersey's color is, so why not have it for the home game where the team plays, that IS more of the team's identity than white is.

Ubiquitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitin View Post
I never looked at it this way. I really dont really care about opposing teams, if I had the choice to have my home team wear white vs blue every night, i would choose blue, simple.

It makes sense. White is NOT the team's identity, every single team in the nhl has a white jersey, but the second jersey's color is, so why not have it for the home game where the team plays, that IS more of the team's identity than white is.

before the jersey colour swap thing.. I've always noticed more people in the crowd wearing white home Jersey's. Now that the change in colour has taken place, of course you now start to see the dark jersey's sell more.

Last edited by Vagabond: 01-15-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old
01-15-2007, 11:11 PM
gr8haluschak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglefish View Post
well there was no real reason to change it from darks to whites either because way back when it was the darks that were worn at home

gr8haluschak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Loweball

Home jerseys were changed to dark because of marketing. All the third jerseys in the league are dark colored and teams wanted to show case them in front of their home crowd so the league changed. Again, to please the US market. I like the bright colour of white. Something about seeing your team in shiny white under bright lights at home.

I own the third jersey currently, or previously, worn by the Oilers. While I like the colours, the logo is just plain stupid. It looks ridiculous actually and all the "tradition" of the rivets and cups is nonsense. Todd McFarlane (Spawn comics) is one of the investors if I am not mistaken and he probably only put up his cash as part of the deal to design the logo. I like the patches on the shoulder actually and that would look better as the crest on front IMO. Whenever I wear it, not much as I am a grown man, people always say it's ugly. Then again, i live amongst Canuck fans and that whale is ridiculous too.

I am looking forward to the vintage jerseys. I like that idea..like Buffalo and Vancouver.

Loweball is offline   Reply With Quote