Notices

Calgary Flames @ Nashville Predators

Old
01-15-2007, 06:09 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
Calgary Flames @ Nashville Predators

This is gonna be a big challenge for us today, against a team we don't have much success against. Hopefully this team continues to work today and come out playin' hard.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Tangs4President21212

Radulov tossed early for not being on the official scoresheet.... Dont see that everyday!

Tangs4President21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 06:40 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Langkow!!! 1-1!

Old
01-15-2007, 06:49 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Huselius!!! 2-1 Flames!

Old
01-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Miko

Nice move by Langkow on the first goal.He continues to rack up points without Iginla on his wing.

Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 07:35 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Arnott scores. 2-2.

Old
01-15-2007, 08:48 PM
OMA

Well that was expected. We just match up terribly against Nashville. Luckily I wasn't expecting much so not that dissapointed. It would have been nice if Yelle could have potted that chance at the end of the game.

Kudos to Langkow and Huselius, they've stepped up. I really like Alex Tanguay, but he needs to start becoming a more consistent force.

On to Dallas. I can't wait until Iginla comes back.

OMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 09:08 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Good effort by the Flames tonight, regardless of the loss. I figured we'd lose, but I was hopin' if we'd lose, it would be in OT so we could get the one point. I hate it when we play Nashville, 'cause they always seem to have our number. Hopefully we bounce back against Dallas on Wednesday.

Old
01-16-2007, 12:43 AM
kruezer

I basically feel the same way, the Preds do match up well with the Flames, very similar teams, but I don't think the Flames can handle the Preds without Iginla, they have a tough enough time with him.

That said, the Flames played a solid road game tonight and if Yelle's tip could have gone in they could have had a point, they gave themselves a chance tonight at least, big game against Dallas now though, they need to get back on another solid winning streak again, and if they can beat Dallas they will be right back to neck and neck with them in the standings.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 12:49 AM
Flames4EVER

Yeah was a decent game if we actually tried to hit someone...lack of hitting made the preds more confident so they could move the puck...damn...Nichol was hitting everything in sight! Why in the HELL would we have Lundmark in the lineup aginst theres guys...i would have kept godard more than Dustmark...he had soooo many givaways in our own zone it was pathetic....the guy has got to go..put him on waivers...we got outhit, out played and pressured big time by thier forcheck...no intensity at all...why do we do the same damn things on the road? gut check FLAMES..gut check time......no way we will beat Dallas IN Dallas the way we played tonight...a bunch of ******* is what i seen tonight, no hitting, playing the puck..not the man...i still think Playfairs system sux...

Flames4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 01:02 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames4EVER View Post
Yeah was a decent game if we actually tried to hit someone...lack of hitting made the preds more confident so they could move the puck...damn...Nichol was hitting everything in sight! Why in the HELL would we have Lundmark in the lineup aginst theres guys...i would have kept godard more than Dustmark...he had soooo many givaways in our own zone it was pathetic....the guy has got to go..put him on waivers...we got outhit, out played and pressured big time by thier forcheck...no intensity at all...why do we do the same damn things on the road? gut check FLAMES..gut check time......no way we will beat Dallas IN Dallas the way we played tonight...a bunch of ******* is what i seen tonight, no hitting, playing the puck..not the man...i still think Playfairs system sux...

lol. Take it easy man, we just came off a 5 game winning streak, and we suffer one loss and suddenly Playfair's system sucks? You can't win them all, and don't forget we're 4-1-0 without our best player, I'd say that's pretty damn good. I agree with you on the Lundmark scenario, I too would much rather have Godard in the lineup than Lundmark, at least Godard serves a purpose. But I disagree with your comments about how we played tonight. Yeah we should have played more agressively, but none the less, we still played a pretty good game (came extremely close to taking it to OT). And as far as your "gut check time" - I'd say gut check time was the first game without Iginla after beating the Panthers, and we have shown nothing but guts. So I don't think "gut check" is an issue.

But if it makes you feel any better, Colorado lost to San Jose tonight.

Old
01-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Flames4EVER

Well i'm just saying we got LUCKY to get 3 goals tonight,,,Juice got 2 lucky ones...(admit it) ....but i'm saying gut check time becuase look at who face the next 2 games in thier buildings...we'll be 0-3 on this trip...Dallas killed us in calgary but we got lucky once again..if they out worked us in calgary, what do you think anaheim is gonna do? We just need to start hitting and making the opposition think twice about going into a forecheck...we did it before, why not on the road? Baffles me...

Last edited by Flames4EVER: 01-16-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old
01-16-2007, 01:19 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Dallas killed us in calgary but we got lucky once again..
Once again, I disagree. Luck had nothing to do with our win over Dallas last time. They played really well, but we were able to capatalize on our opportunities, and that was the difference in that game. Hard work and strong defense was what won us that game.

Old
01-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Flames4EVER

Go back to the stat sheet and look at the shots on goal and time in the offensive zone...we WERE lucky to come outa that game with a win(Dallas)..our PK and PP sux big..and your right Preston AND Playfair should be at least warned by the owners....ya don't play Godard against the Oilers..ya play him against team like Nashville..they killed us in hits tonight if ya didn't see...sad when Nichiol Elbows Dion and no call..then Dion does nothing about it...drop the gloves....thats why we need Godard and NOT Skidmark...

Old
01-16-2007, 02:34 AM
abracanada

Quote:
Well i'm just saying we got LUCKY to get 3 goals tonight,,,Juice got 2 lucky ones...(admit it) ....but i'm saying gut check time becuase look at who face the next 2 games in thier buildings...we'll be 0-3 on this trip...Dallas killed us in calgary but we got lucky once again..if they out worked us in calgary, what do you think anaheim is gonna do? We just need to start hitting and making the opposition think twice about going into a forecheck...we did it before, why not on the road? Baffles me...
Juice's goals were not lucky. It would be lucky if he didn't mean to do what he did. On the first goal, he used the screen. Just smart use of players on the ice. On that last goal, he deked Vokoun and got him going the wrong way. What is flukey about that? I wish more Flames could be deceptive like that.

The Flames made a game of it. Not a bad game at all. They were opportunistic and got three goals. I don't see what the complaints are all about.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 03:00 AM
natural420*

Quote:
Go back to the stat sheet and look at the shots on goal and time in the offensive zone...we WERE lucky to come outa that game with a win(Dallas)..our PK and PP sux big..and your right Preston AND Playfair should be at least warned by the owners....ya don't play Godard against the Oilers..ya play him against team like Nashville..they killed us in hits tonight if ya didn't see...sad when Nichiol Elbows Dion and no call..then Dion does nothing about it...drop the gloves....thats why we need Godard and NOT Skidmark...
apparently you've only seen the stats sheet, dallas dominated the first ten minutes, thats it. calgary won the rest of the game, and i'll take 50/60 minutes over 10/60.

icbites anyone?

natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 03:26 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Go back to the stat sheet and look at the shots on goal and time in the offensive zone...
Why would I need to go back to the stat sheets? I watched the game, I know what I saw. I saw a Dallas team that came out playing good hockey but lost to the better team that night. Just like tonight, I saw the Flames come out and play a good solid hockey game (for the most part), but unfortunately ended up losing to the better team.

Last edited by StreakingRed: 01-16-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Old
01-16-2007, 05:27 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Did the flames really play a solid game? I would say no. They were outplayed in pretty much every aspect of the game. Outshot, outhit, didn't show any emotion at all. I really didn't think they played well at all. And the frustrating thing is they could have won this game with a better effort especially in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Also hate to pick on him, but Warrener is really struggling out there. Gets caught running around and is completely out of position on the 2nd preds goal. Makes a brutal pinch which results in the Preds 3rd goal. The pairing with Regehr really does not seem to be working. I'd like for Playfair to atleast try to split them up for a game or two and see if that helps as neither have really looked great this season.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 11:51 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Also hate to pick on him, but Warrener is really struggling out there. Gets caught running around and is completely out of position on the 2nd preds goal. Makes a brutal pinch which results in the Preds 3rd goal. The pairing with Regehr really does not seem to be working. I'd like for Playfair to atleast try to split them up for a game or two and see if that helps as neither have really looked great this season.

I'm lovin' the pairing of Warrener/Regehr, same with the pairing of Phaneuf/Hamrlik. Sure these pairings sometimes have off games, but for the most part they've done very well together, IMO.

Old
01-17-2007, 02:05 AM
natural420*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I'm lovin' the pairing of Warrener/Regehr, same with the pairing of Phaneuf/Hamrlik. Sure these pairings sometimes have off games, but for the most part they've done very well together, IMO.
either pairing would be alot of teams' top 2. and that easily makes for the best top 4 IMO. and yes better then the "amazing" pronger/neridermayer+who the hell cares top 4 in anaheim.

natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote