HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds @ Stars / 7:30 - "Oh, is there a game tonight?" (Insert Facepalm Smiley Here)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-27-2013, 10:31 PM
  #51
Marty Party
@ The Bridge
 
Marty Party's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
I can't wait for tomorrow nights game. Going to have a few more beers than normal before walking over to the arena.

Marty Party is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:33 PM
  #52
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
after we lose tonight, we will be drafting 5th-6th overall.. must suck more. i wouldn't even give up on the season if the west wasn't so stacked.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:34 PM
  #53
NorthAlPredfan
Registered User
 
NorthAlPredfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Just remember the Dallas coach was fired last season by the Sabres............ He does have a few nice toys to play with in Dallas but he did in Buffalo as well. Its not always the coach. But in our case Trotz may well have lost the lockerroom. The forwards are bad real bad but its the same game in and game out. No change in behavior by the players.
Yeah not as much a praise for Ruff but a shot at Trotz. I totally think the one constant in our problem is Trotz. A coaching change may not fix the problem but in no way can I see it making the problem worse.

NorthAlPredfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:35 PM
  #54
Fortheloveofthegame
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Dump and chase when carrying the puck is not an option based on the defense. Or are you the next to lie about players benched for carrying it in? Every coach preaches get the puck deep and minimize turnovers .... let me spell that out

E
V
E
R
Y


coach from pee-wee through the NHL stresses those basics. Have you ever heard a coach tell his team to turn it over no deeper than the blueline?

Me neither.
K, not sure if I should even reply, but here it goes! The point is that by making a play at the blue line instead of dumping it in, gives you a WAY better chance of keeping possession. For the odd turnover, in my opinion, it is worth the risk as it is a way better way of getting a scoring chance.
How many times ii have heard announcer say....the Preds have out hit....the other team? IT IS BECAUSE THEY HARDLY HAVE THE PUCK!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:39 PM
  #55
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlPredfan View Post
Yeah not as much a praise for Ruff but a shot at Trotz. I totally think the one constant in our problem is Trotz. A coaching change may not fix the problem but in no way can I see it making the problem worse.
I have to agree with you a change may be be needed but it will have to be both GM and coaching staff. Perhaps not Housley and Korn but Lambert and Trotz would have to go. The team would be no better and it matters little whos behind the bench for a couple years that it is going to take to right the ship.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:40 PM
  #56
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortheloveofthegame View Post
Ya, that's right, I'm lying! The Preds way is the "safe" way. That means, dumping the puck deep and HOPING to regain possession!
Hope-Webster
: to want something to happen or be true and think that it could happen or be true..........
It "could happen, but far too often....this team loses possession!
It was the most polite term I could think of for your admittedly false assertion that players were benched for carrying the puck in. The times Smith, Wilson, and Forsberg sat in the box were not for carrying the puck into the offensive zone ... they were for repeated defensive lapses, poor decision making with the puck leading to turnovers, failing to play the detailed game required of any NHL player, singlehandedly causing two too many men penalties in a single game. In 15 years, I've yet to see a Predator benched for what could honestly be attributed to carrying the puck into the offensive zone.

Very simply, EVERY team dumps when the defense sets up to stop a carry in. Crosby does it. Gretzky did it. So did Howe, Esposito .... name any hall of famer. Our breakouts and neutral zone game are not lending themselves to situations at the blue line conducive to carrying in anywhere near as often as anyone would like.

Dump and chase is indicative of issues elsewhere in the play. For this team, they don't get out of the defensive zone cleanly often. They don't transition through neutral ice with speed. They don't have numerical advantages as they hit the blue line ... too often we are outnumbered at the point of attack with teammates trailing behind rather than in position to support the guy carrying the puck to the line.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:44 PM
  #57
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 500
In other words we are an unmotivated bunch with no skill.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:44 PM
  #58
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,741
vCash: 500
Look at that first entry in the 3rd. Carry in straight to the defense, make a risky cross ice pass, lose it. Still, it wasn't the dump and chase that we do all the time according to the hyperbole enhanced posters here.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:47 PM
  #59
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
In other words we are an unmotivated bunch with no skill.
There's plenty of skill .... the lack of motivation and no chemistry negate it. We have a captain that shows up on the PP or when things are already out of hand ... several 18+ goal per season average scorers who haven't netted a puck at ES all month ... the fire isn't evident in our play and only Hornqvist shows up every shift.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:48 PM
  #60
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
In other words we are an unmotivated bunch with no skill.
On most nights that's a good definition.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:49 PM
  #61
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
please change something

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:50 PM
  #62
NorthAlPredfan
Registered User
 
NorthAlPredfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
Well at least we're consistent

NorthAlPredfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:52 PM
  #63
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
Stalledberg misses two wide open nets on one shift.....Ughhhhhh

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:53 PM
  #64
Fortheloveofthegame
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
It was the most polite term I could think of for your admittedly false assertion that players were benched for carrying the puck in. The times Smith, Wilson, and Forsberg sat in the box were not for carrying the puck into the offensive zone ... they were for repeated defensive lapses, poor decision making with the puck leading to turnovers, failing to play the detailed game required of any NHL player, singlehandedly causing two too many men penalties in a single game. In 15 years, I've yet to see a Predator benched for what could honestly be attributed to carrying the puck into the offensive zone.

Very simply, EVERY team dumps when the defense sets up to stop a carry in. Crosby does it. Gretzky did it. So did Howe, Esposito .... name any hall of famer. Our breakouts and neutral zone game are not lending themselves to situations at the blue line conducive to carrying in anywhere near as often as anyone would like.

Dump and chase is indicative of issues elsewhere in the play. For this team, they don't get out of the defensive zone cleanly often. They don't transition through neutral ice with speed. They don't have numerical advantages as they hit the blue line ... too often we are outnumbered at the point of attack with teammates trailing behind rather than in position to support the guy carrying the puck to the line.
Do not want to get into a " pissing match" with you but if you are actually saying that this team more than 2% of the time ever tries or is ALLOWED to carry the puck in instead of dumping it in......we are going to have to agree to disagree! Yes, other teams do it, but it is when they HAVE NO OTHER OPTION!
The too many men, we have had about 15 times this season. Wilson was the reason ONCE and was benched!
Defensive lapses happen with every player on this team! Legwand and Fisher have had way more absolute brain farts in the D zone than Smith, Wilson or Bourque. So don't tell me that was the reason! They are younger and "easier" to sit.
Forsberg is an absolute talent, but with what I watched earlier in the season, he is already being show "The Preds Way" and that got him playing limited time on 3rd and 4th lines! Let him "wheel" and create and if he turns the puck over occasionally, oh well, at least it will be entertaining!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:56 PM
  #65
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,748
vCash: 500
boat raced ... again

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:57 PM
  #66
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 500
Sucking for Sam

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:05 PM
  #67
INDhockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
The team stinks plain and simple. It wouldn't matter if they carried the puck in because they can't finish it.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:06 PM
  #68
RomanEmpire
Registered User
 
RomanEmpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
This is out of hand with horny. They're killing the guy.

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:08 PM
  #69
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortheloveofthegame View Post
Do not want to get into a " pissing match" with you but if you are actually saying that this team more than 2% of the time ever tries or is ALLOWED to carry the puck in instead of dumping it in......we are going to have to agree to disagree! Yes, other teams do it, but it is when they HAVE NO OTHER OPTION!
The too many men, we have had about 15 times this season. Wilson was the reason ONCE and was benched!
Defensive lapses happen with every player on this team! Legwand and Fisher have had way more absolute brain farts in the D zone than Smith, Wilson or Bourque. So don't tell me that was the reason! They are younger and "easier" to sit.
Forsberg is an absolute talent, but with what I watched earlier in the season, he is already being show "The Preds Way" and that got him playing limited time on 3rd and 4th lines! Let him "wheel" and create and if he turns the puck over occasionally, oh well, at least it will be entertaining!

If you're saying the team only carries it in 2 of every 100 times, I will disagree with you all day long because I refuse to be as wrong as that proposition is. Stating that the Earth is a cube is less incorrect than saying the Preds only carry in 2% of the time. Claiming gravity repels objects from the surface of the planet is less incorrect. The team doesn't get the puck into the offensive zone 100 times in most games ... they'd have to carry in 2 times every 2-3 games for your absurd assertion to be remotely true.

Wilson was the reason twice for too many men penalties in one game ... but according to you he gets benched for carrying the puck in ... make up your mind. Wilson gets in the doghouse when he has brainfarts in every zone. Watch his play from the games before getting benched and really pay attention to what he does. Missed defensive assignments ... inexcusable turnovers in neutral ice ... and on and on.


Forsberg got 4th line minutes only after numerous errors and failing to perform offensively while contributing to goals allowed game after game with more ice time. Horrendous +/-, directly contributing to goals against by failing to meet the simple defensive requirements of a winger in any system (including the Preds), one career goal and that 5on3 ... but those are only facts so why let them interfere with a rant.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:13 PM
  #70
RomanEmpire
Registered User
 
RomanEmpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Can anyone tell me what purpose Ryan Ellis serves on this team?

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:15 PM
  #71
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 500
Nothing.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:18 PM
  #72
McGinley
Former Stars fan
 
McGinley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
This is out of hand with horny. They're killing the guy.
Perhaps if he'd get the hell off our goalie...

McGinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:19 PM
  #73
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
weber standing there life-less... oh well, that 2 preds are on their ass... oh captain emotionless, my captain emotionless
Only way to get Angry Shea to come out is to insult him personally. It's not good enough to just bother his teammates.

I want to start paying opposing players to give Weber a little cheap shot every game just so we can see some of that mean streak.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:19 PM
  #74
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
Perhaps if he'd get the hell off our goalie...
How many times has Dillon pushed him onto your goalie?

(there will be follow up questions addressing the rest of the Dallas defensive corps .... study)

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:22 PM
  #75
Fortheloveofthegame
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
If you're saying the team only carries it in 2 of every 100 times, I will disagree with you all day long because I refuse to be as wrong as that proposition is. Stating that the Earth is a cube is less incorrect than saying the Preds only carry in 2% of the time. Claiming gravity repels objects from the surface of the planet is less incorrect. The team doesn't get the puck into the offensive zone 100 times in most games ... they'd have to carry in 2 times every 2-3 games for your absurd assertion to be remotely true.

Wilson was the reason twice for too many men penalties in one game ... but according to you he gets benched for carrying the puck in ... make up your mind. Wilson gets in the doghouse when he has brainfarts in every zone. Watch his play from the games before getting benched and really pay attention to what he does. Missed defensive assignments ... inexcusable turnovers in neutral ice ... and on and on.


Forsberg got 4th line minutes only after numerous errors and failing to perform offensively while contributing to goals allowed game after game with more ice time. Horrendous +/-, directly contributing to goals against by failing to meet the simple defensive requirements of a winger in any system (including the Preds), one career goal and that 5on3 ... but those are only facts so why let them interfere with a rant.
What team have you been watching this year! EVER member of this team , veterans included have ad brain farts, major turnovers and cause too many men penalties!
I will argue as another poster did during the game you are referring to. Wilson was the cause of the first too many men, the defense was for the second one, on "said game". This whole team, all season long has not "paid attention to detail and maid numerous BAD TURNOVERS yet Smith, Eilson Bourque are the ones benched,
Heard the Dallas announcers say Ruff WANTS his young guys to creat and take chances even if it results in a turnover! What a difference in coaching and how much more fun to play the game!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.