HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds @ Stars / 7:30 - "Oh, is there a game tonight?" (Insert Facepalm Smiley Here)

Old
12-27-2013, 11:23 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortheloveofthegame View Post
What team have you been watching this year! EVER member of this team , veterans included have ad brain farts, major turnovers and cause too many men penalties!
I will argue as another poster did during the game you are referring to. Wilson was the cause of the first too many men, the defense was for the second one, on "said game". This whole team, all season long has not "paid attention to detail and maid numerous BAD TURNOVERS yet Smith, Eilson Bourque are the ones benched,
Heard the Dallas announcers say Ruff WANTS his young guys to creat and take chances even if it results in a turnover! What a difference in coaching and how much more fun to play the game!
The same Ruff that got run out of Buffalo.

Please get a spell checker. Your spelling is now as bad as your math with the 2% assertion. Now if you want to discuss based on fact and reality, let me know. Until then your posts are comedic relief given the team's recent play.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Biggun35
Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
Perhaps if he'd get the hell off our goalie...
The only time he's been in the blue paint is with the assistance of a Stars player.

Biggun35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
Perhaps if he'd get the hell off our goalie...
Yeah, he's a 5'9" 150 pound beast that Hornqvist. He just runs goalie's on his own every game. Never gets shoved, pushed, face washed or anything. He probably needs to be suspended by the league. 15 games at the least.

Marty Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I foresee some supplementary discipline to Nystrom for that slewfoot

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:37 PM
Klockis
Our Savior

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Just wanted chime in say that Ruff has been really good in Dallas. If this is how you guys play every game you should really consider getting a new coach, if not ignore my comment.

Klockis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:40 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:

Please get a spell checker. Your spelling is now as bad as your math with the 2% assertion. Now if you want to discuss based on fact and reality, let me know. Until then your posts are comedic relief given the team's recent play.
Hey buddy (very condescending, I might add). Don't worry about my spelling. Your crap Webster definitions and your inability to take any form of criticism makes me realize that no matter what, you think you are a hockey knowledgeable fan!
I will end this, because I know I am correct, and you "think" you are..........and your reply about spell check just tells me, you have nothing else.
Ruff left Buffalo after many years, just like Trotz should be if anyone had the cocos to do it. Unfortunately Poille is in a tough position.

Last edited by Fortheloveofthegame: 12-27-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:42 PM
dubgeek

Had to work this evening, so I just finished watching the game on DVR.

Another stellar performance from our Preds

Oh, and Amy Jones is hot.

That is all.

dubgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:47 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Quote:
The Preds fell to 3-17-2 after giving up the first goal in a game, the worst winning percentage in the NHL for those situations.
I was wondering about this after we gave up the first goal tonight and the game before and the game before...

Guess it makes it easy to make plans tomorrow night if/when the Kings score first.

Marty Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:56 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortheloveofthegame View Post
Hey buddy (very condescending, I might add). Don't worry about my spelling. Your crap Webster definitions and your inability to take any form of criticism makes me realize that no matter what, you think you are a hockey knowledgeable fan!
I will end this, because I know I am correct, and you "think" you are..........and your reply about spell check just tells me, you have nothing else.
Ruff left Buffalo after many years, just like Trotz should be is anyone had the cocos to do it. Unfortunately Poille is in a tough position.
I take criticism from those who aren't making asinine comments like players get benched for carrying the puck into the offensive zone or that the team only tries to carry in 2% of the time. You are just as "correct" as the Preds are winners tonight at Dallas. In other words, your absurd assertions are wrong. No player got benched for carrying the puck into the offensive zone ... the team doesn't try to carry the puck in only 2% of the time, Forsberg didn't slide to 4th line type minutes for his carrying the puck in with it having nothing to do with his play leading directly to goals and his glaring lapses with minimal defensive responsibilities. As I said, when you want to start discussing the game based on reality and fact ... let me know. Nothing you posted tonight was based on either.

Old
12-27-2013, 11:57 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Only way to get Angry Shea to come out is to insult him personally. It's not good enough to just bother his teammates.

I want to start paying opposing players to give Weber a little cheap shot every game just so we can see some of that mean streak.
Truth

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 11:57 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
I was wondering about this after we gave up the first goal tonight and the game before and the game before...

Guess it makes it easy to make plans tomorrow night if/when the Kings score first.
There should be a promotion to give every ticket purchaser a full refund if opposition DOESN'T score on first shot. Management should feel as safe as Wendy's regarding their Frosty giveaways on that note.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 12:06 AM
Bushleaguer

Words mean something. Especially words like Aspergers.

Bushleaguer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 12:12 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
There should be a promotion to give every ticket purchaser a full refund if opposition DOESN'T score on first shot. Management should feel as safe as Wendy's regarding their Frosty giveaways on that note.
This team used to possess a never say die mentality. They could get down a goal or two and fight their way back and win. This year's version of the Preds is fragile. Give up the first goal, likely lose. Trail after two periods, lose every game so far this season. We give up far too many goals 5on5, score far too few.

I'm looking at the on ice leadership group this season and don't like what I see. Coaching only goes so far ... at some point the players need so step up and perform. Weber isn't showing any fire game in, game out. Fisher, Legwand aren't. Really, only Hornqvist is. Unless our vets are stepping up and busting their tails every shift this team doesn't stand a chance in the long run. Either Weber, Fisher, Klein, Legwand, Cullen, et al are held to the fire by the staff or the team needs to find a staff who will. Pretty simple.

As I said earlier this month, Weber should find the C missing from his jersey before a game and on Hornqvist's jersey without warning ... give the letters to players showing leadership traits and busting their butts. This team cannot thrive with complacent "leaders".

Old
12-28-2013, 12:15 AM
twig

Tomorrow night's game is going to be bad.

twig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 12:20 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

Why do Jones and Ellis get robbed of ice time when I see bartley and Klien looking like pilons out there? Just baffeling...

I could see if the Preds were winning and scoring, but they;re doing neither. Play some young bucks.

And Jones looks like he telegraphs some of his plays too lol

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 12:23 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop12 View Post
Why do Jones and Ellis get robbed of ice time when I see bartley and Klien looking like pilons out there? Just baffeling...

I could see if the Preds were winning and scoring, but they;re doing neither. Play some young bucks.

And Jones looks like he telegraphs some of his plays too lol
I would cite advanced stats as to why Klein gets so much ice time ... but ... wow.

Old
12-28-2013, 12:28 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
I would cite advanced stats as to why Klein gets so much ice time ... but ... wow.
I know he's good. But when you're playing to lose...meh shake it up. Not to mention Benn took him to the cleaners on that first goal.

Tomorrow is setting up to be a slaughter.

Old
12-28-2013, 12:32 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop12 View Post
I know he's good. But when you're playing to lose...meh shake it up. Not to mention Benn took him to the cleaners on that first goal.

Tomorrow is setting up to be a slaughter.

Let's discount Bartley falling down and Spaling's play to fit your account ... then the whole "playing to lose" idea ... again, wow. I've heard more common sense from Ancient Aliens.

Old
12-28-2013, 01:29 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Let's discount Bartley falling down and Spaling's play to fit your account ... then the whole "playing to lose" idea ... again, wow. I've heard more common sense from Ancient Aliens.
How about playing to keep it close then? That's all I meant. The preds lay up when they should go for it...

Old
12-28-2013, 07:31 AM
AintLifeGrand

1. I'm ready for Weber to go . He obviously is just going through the motions.
2. Ready for a full on tank ... Hopefully we get Draistatl

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 08:33 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
1. I'm ready for Weber to go . He obviously is just going through the motions.
2. Ready for a full on tank ... Hopefully we get Draistatl
It's still early, we've got a chance for Sam, we're only 7 points ahead of the Oilers

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 09:25 AM
predfan98

I hate talking about draft picks.

I just want the team to pick it's collective jockstrap off the ice and start playing like they can. (this excludes Horny.....he is the only warrior on the ice every game).

Yes, the goalie situation is difficult. But the team has given up. Inexcusable for a bunch of professionals.

Predator players , you suck. And that is what ought to be yelled at them tonight at home.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 09:38 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I hate talking about draft picks.

I just want the team to pick it's collective jockstrap off the ice and start playing like they can. (this excludes Horny.....he is the only warrior on the ice every game).

Yes, the goalie situation is difficult. But the team has given up. Inexcusable for a bunch of professionals.

Predator players , you suck. And that is what ought to be yelled at them tonight at home.
Yelling suck at them is an insult to people that suck. This team is worse than that.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:04 AM
preds1

vCash: 605
Quote:
This team used to possess a never say die mentality. They could get down a goal or two and fight their way back and win. This year's version of the Preds is fragile. Give up the first goal, likely lose. Trail after two periods, lose every game so far this season. We give up far too many goals 5on5, score far too few.

I'm looking at the on ice leadership group this season and don't like what I see. Coaching only goes so far ... at some point the players need so step up and perform. Weber isn't showing any fire game in, game out. Fisher, Legwand aren't. Really, only Hornqvist is. Unless our vets are stepping up and busting their tails every shift this team doesn't stand a chance in the long run. Either Weber, Fisher, Klein, Legwand, Cullen, et al are held to the fire by the staff or the team needs to find a staff who will. Pretty simple.

As I said earlier this month, Weber should find the C missing from his jersey before a game and on Hornqvist's jersey without warning ... give the letters to players showing leadership traits and busting their butts. This team cannot thrive with complacent "leaders".
Well said. I've noticed the same.........

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote