HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radko Gudas

Old
08-22-2013, 03:29 AM
garmonbozia

vCash: 500
Honestly, I think Gudas could fit well on the right side of ALL of our lefty D. His specific attributes offset specific deficiences in everybody else's game. Their strengths cover his weaknesses. I'd prefer Salo play next to Hedman or Aulie for their size and it allows Sami to be a bit more creative. But, I would be fine with Gudas playing opposite any of Hedman, Carle, Brewer, or Aulie. I don't fear Gudas being our weakest link, at all.

garmonbozia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 04:39 AM
bassassin

The thing I liked about Gudas playing next to Aulie was it left him free to pinch more (too much at times).

Playing next to Carle or Hedman I worry (Carle especially) that he won't be able to develop as well offensively.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 09:59 PM
boltsfan9186

vCash: 50
I really like Gudas. Love his style of play. Therefor his number in my username

boltsfan9186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Pontius Palat
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan9175 View Post
I really like Gudas. Love his style of play. Therefor his number in my username
He's changing his number to 7 next season FYI

Pontius Palat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 11:00 PM
HoseEmAllAround
Extend Matt Carle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoekkoekPuffs View Post
He's changing his number to 7 next season FYI
Still in the u/n.

HoseEmAllAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 01:32 AM
Pontius Palat
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopThereItIs View Post
Still in the u/n.
Haha, then I guess he's a big Ohlund fan too

Pontius Palat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 02:49 PM
HoseEmAllAround
Extend Matt Carle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoekkoekPuffs View Post
Haha, then I guess he's a big Ohlund fan too
And Stamkos

HoseEmAllAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 10:24 AM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

RC: Why Lighnting fans should trust The Beard

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 09:49 AM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

Old
10-05-2013, 09:51 AM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
I'll say this... how can you not like Jack Edwards?

The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 10:41 AM
zeykshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
I'll say this... how can you not like Jack Edwards?
I like how he calls the games. I hate how he calls fights. The opponent could serve up Scorpion's Fatalities on a Bruin and you'd never know it from the way Jack describes the fights. Bruins always wins fights when Jack calls them.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Ricebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
I like how he calls the games. I hate how he calls fights. The opponent could serve up Scorpion's Fatalities on a Bruin and you'd never know it from the way Jack describes the fights. Bruins always wins fights when Jack calls them.
Seriously, if you were to close your eyes and listen it sounds like a prime time boxing match, when really its just little shoulder pad punches and failed hooks, i guess that's why they pay him the $$$

Ricebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 02:26 PM
TheDaysOf 04

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...medium=twitter
Quote:
Cooper showed a lot of love for defenseman Radko Gudas who has zero points in five games, but has 18 penalty minutes, is plus-1 and is averaging 21:08 of ice time. "He just plays a hard game," Cooper said. "He's hard to play against. he plays hard minutes. He plays against the other team's top lines, and he plays such a physical game. It's really hard not to admire the way he plays."
Quote:
The benefit of playing Gudas as many minutes as he does is it takes some pressure off Sami Salo, 39, and Eric Brewer, 35. "You take the Brewers and the Salos, a lot of those guys with a lot of miles on their legs, and you take them from playing 22, 23 minutes down to 16, 17, 18. You add that up over the course of the year, all of a sudden you have a lot more life in your legs," Cooper said. "Just in the games you can see the life in our D's legs in the third period as opposed to what it used to be, especially for the guys who have been around the league a few years."

Old
10-15-2013, 02:56 PM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

Explains the TOI stuff I posted in the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
I'm a little surprised to see Hedman is only 4th in TOI/G among our defensemen (behind Carle, Salo, Gudas). Defensively he still seems to struggle at times, fumbling the puck instead of getting it out etc. but offensively I really like him joining the rush with his speed, creating chances.

Our only two defensemen getting notable time on the PP are Salo (3:02 PPTOI/G) and Carle (2:25) with all our other defensemen spending less than half a minute per game on the PP. On the PK both Salo and Hedman log over 3 minutes per game, closely followed by Carle, Gudas and Brewer who log around 2 minutes per game. Salo however is only 6th in ESTOI/G while Carle and Gudas both play over 18 minutes ES and Hedman just around 16:30.

Seems like Boucher was a lot more comfortable playing Hedman over Carle or Gudas while Cooper prefers the latter two.
Gudas is Cooper's prime example of how he wants his team / defense to play.

Old
10-28-2013, 03:47 PM
TheDaysOf 04

https://twitter.com/NHLJensen
Quote:
Radko Gudas becoming a @NHLFantasy commodity. Leads NHL w/53 PIMs & leads all 'D' w/40 hits. Points in 4 of last 5 games too. #TBLightning

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Crabby Williams

That Gudas "Fear the Beard" pumpkin better have won the pumpkin carving contest.

Crabby Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 01:20 PM
ultra63

Gudas's check of The Finnish Flash made the top 10 on the NHL network for checks of the year!

ultra63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 04:49 PM
OG Kuch

Something in the Cote thread prompted me to bring this up, but something has seemed off to me with Gudas lately.

Not sure if it's the workload catching up to him, a current injury that he's playing through, or if there's a bit of (relative) timidity in his game because of a previous injury (weren't there concerns about a concussion after the Sbisa fight, which he missed significant time from? Gudas has also not fought since.), but to me it seems like he hasn't quite looked like himself recently. Is anyone else seeing that, or am I being a bit unfair?

OG Kuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 04:55 PM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Beat You View Post
Something in the Cote thread prompted me to bring this up, but something has seemed off to me with Gudas lately.

Not sure if it's the workload catching up to him, a current injury that he's playing through, or if there's a bit of (relative) timidity in his game because of a previous injury (weren't there concerns about a concussion after the Sbisa fight, which he missed significant time from? Gudas has also not fought since.), but to me it seems like he hasn't quite looked like himself recently. Is anyone else seeing that, or am I being a bit unfair?
He hasn't been going for big hits as often, but part of that could be maturing a bit as a player as far as staying in position. The last hit I can really recall him going for was the hip check on JT in the Islanders game.

I feel he's been rather solid though. He's still strong in the corner and involved in scrums... I mean, other than not going for the big hit I haven't noticed any difference.

The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 05:01 PM
DFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
He hasn't been going for big hits as often, but part of that could be maturing a bit as a player as far as staying in position. The last hit I can really recall him going for was the hip check on JT in the Islanders game.

I feel he's been rather solid though. He's still strong in the corner and involved in scrums... I mean, other than not going for the big hit I haven't noticed any difference.
I think he's been going for big hits every bit as often, but perhaps teams are a little more aware of him now because he's not connecting (sometimes leading to odd-man rushes).

But I think what Beat is talking about is a general feistiness. Or at least that's what was being thrown around in the Cote thread, and mostly we're talking about in terms of goalie protection. Gudas doesn't seem as nasty in the scrums lately. I'm not sure if it's concussion concerns, because I seem to recall Gudas being very tazmanian devil -like immediately upon returning from the concussion. It's been a more recent issue. I'm actually wondering if Cooper has told him to tone it down, perhaps because of penalty issues and/or injury concerns from somewhere higher up.

Also, we're talking about 5-7 games really. So it could just be a blip. Personally, I just remember a scene in front of Bishop after someone had taken a liberty with Bishop, and I was thinking, "Man, I wish Gudas was on the ice right now." And then I saw that he actually was on the ice, and very pedestrian.

Add: This is not a complaint about Gudas's play of late. Just a question about where the edge has gone.

DFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
I dont remember what game but was recently and I said gudas is gonna hurt someone. He played that game smart. I think is a maturing process I have still seen him board a few guys pretty well.

Am sure he will get a highlight sooner or later clean hit and piss off a fan base lol.

Unfinished Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Pyth

Hi, where can I buy Radko Gudas Shirt? On official nhl.com store is only Stammer, Ohlund and flipp... I really want Gudas... any advices?

Pyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 04:03 PM
zeykshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyth View Post
Hi, where can I buy Radko Gudas Shirt? On official nhl.com store is only Stammer, Ohlund and flipp... I really want Gudas... any advices?
Not sure where you'd get a Gudas T-Shirt. Sweater/Jersey, just customize one.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Pyth

I want only t-shirt... damn nhl store, why I can't customize t-shirts too :/

Pyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Voidskipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
Not sure where you'd get a Gudas T-Shirt. Sweater/Jersey, just customize one.
I have an official away gudas jersey. Got it from the pro shop though

Voidskipper is offline   Reply With Quote