HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT LA Kings vs the Nashville Predators

Old
12-28-2013, 10:06 PM
AintLifeGrand
Crunchy Jamz Brah

vCash: 500
Bummed we won this one.

Wins are not what this team needs right now . A new coach and a serious shake up is what is needed; this won't happen until a longer, more sustained losing streak

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Predsfan78
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Bummed we won this one.

Wins are not what this team needs right now . A new coach and a serious shake up is what is needed; this won't happen until a longer, more sustained losing streak
It was a heck of a game though. We still have plenty of time to suck but people at the game and those watching elsewhere needed this win badly.

Predsfan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:11 PM
klt2001

@DanDBradley
Wow, it was a goal. https://twitter.com/DanDBradley/stat...593216/photo/1

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Predsfan78
Ambassador

Maz > Hut

Old
12-28-2013, 10:15 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Lost in all this?

This was Seth Jones' first ever multi-point game in the NHL.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Predsfan78
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
Lost in all this?

Nice!

Old
12-28-2013, 10:25 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
Lost in all this?

stats are a funny thing. it seemed like he made glaring errors all night long.

from about 5-6 minutes left in the third period it was so quiet in the bridgestone. it was like everyone was thinking, they are going to lose, what is going to happen? And then all the scoring...

Eckholm played a great game.

Josi and Weber looked out a little out of sync all night long.

Hornqvist battled! WOW....

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:33 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Pred View Post
Maz > Hut
Depends on the night. Tonight he was good but this is his first win in a month ... 0-5-1 starting November 28th coming into tonight with a no decision in there against the Canadiens that balanced out the loss he took for Hutton's start against the Bruins. Maz has slightly better individual stats, worse record ... a good late November, rough (to be kind) December.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:34 PM
Predsfan78
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Depends on the night. Tonight he was good but this is his first win in a month ... 0-5-1 starting November 28th coming into tonight with a no decision in there against the Canadiens that balanced out the loss he took for Hutton's start against the Bruins. Maz has slightly better individual stats, worse record ... a good late November, rough (to be kind) December.
He is better goalie. Hutton will never be a number one goalie. Maz may be one day.

Old
12-28-2013, 10:40 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
Someone without any current infractions should link that pic on the kings board.. they were (understandably) saying it wasn't a goal

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:42 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
He is better goalie. Hutton will never be a number one goalie. Maz may be one day.
Right now they are very similar. Hit or miss. Is the Maz of mid to late November the real Maz or is the guy we've seen since his shutout of the Jackets before tonight the real him? The same goes for Hutton ... is he really the guy we saw the first part of December (two games in relief allowing no goals coupled with three starts with .947 sv% or better and three wins) or the guy from early November (the long road trip where things crumbled)? The only advantage Maz has right now is youth which means more time for coaching and development. For this season, it's a toss up between them with no clue if Jeckyll or Hyde is showing up no matter which player is between the pipes. They are both either NHL star of the week material or a liability that gets pulled early.

Old
12-28-2013, 10:43 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Someone without any current infractions should link that pic on the kings board.. they were (understandably) saying it wasn't a goal
You could see the puck behind the post in the Preds feed replays. Pete and Terry were too busy talking to notice.

Old
12-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Predsfan78
Ambassador

Quote:
Right now they are very similar. Hit or miss. Is the Maz of mid to late November the real Maz or is the guy we've seen since his shutout of the Jackets before tonight the real him? The same goes for Hutton ... is he really the guy we saw the first part of December (two games in relief allowing no goals coupled with three starts with .947 sv% or better and three wins) or the guy from early November (the long road trip where things crumbled)? The only advantage Maz has right now is youth which means more time for coaching and development. For this season, it's a toss up between them with no clue if Jeckyll or Hyde is showing up no matter which player is between the pipes. They are both either NHL star of the week material or a liability that gets pulled early.
Maz needs more adjustment playing in N.America and doesn't speak the language but he will get there. Hut is not even good at being a backup. While both goalies have had their ups and downs this season - Maz is a much more promising goalie and more skillful even at his young age and while playing in a different rink.

Old
12-28-2013, 10:52 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Okay. I posted it on their thread. They may still not like it and complain about it. Oh well.

Old
12-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Predsfan78
Ambassador

Quote:
Okay. I posted it on their thread. They may still not like it and complain about it. Oh well.
Looks like someone else posted the pic 2-3 pages before you, showing that it was clearly in. So I suspect they will think we're trolling.

Old
12-28-2013, 11:03 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Maz needs more adjustment playing in N.America and doesn't speak the language but he will get there. Hut is not even good at being a backup. While both goalies have had their ups and downs this season - Maz is a much more promising goalie and more skillful even at his young age and while playing in a different rink.
When he was the backup, Hutton had a .958 sv% and 2-0-0 record plus one appearance in relief. Then Rinne went down and Hutton struggled when made the goto guy.

Promise is nothing right now ... we need results this season not in two, three, or five years down the road. Right now, end of December 2013, the two are interchangeable with no telling if we get performances like tonight and the San Jose games or if we see the Habs and Bruins debacles.

Old
12-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Predsfan78
Ambassador

Quote:
When he was the backup, Hutton had a .958 sv% and 2-0-0 record plus one appearance in relief. Then Rinne went down and Hutton struggled when made the goto guy.

Promise is nothing right now ... we need results this season not in two, three, or five years down the road. Right now, end of December 2013, the two are interchangeable with no telling if we get performances like tonight and the San Jose games or if we see the Habs and Bruins debacles.
In the few games Maz played in NA he proved to be a better goaltender. Hut's 2-0-0 is not something to go by when selecting a goalie to backup Rinne. The team made a judgement error by not getting real backup. Between the two I would go with Maz. If we have to get rid of one, Hut can go.
The point I made earlier was that Maz is better that Hutton. Would I like a real backup to magically get us where we need to be this season? Of course. But being a realist, this season is pretty much done. I expect Rinne to continue recovery for several more weeks. (And at this point he can take the rest of the season off as long as he is 100% cured of his infection.)

Last edited by Predsfan78: 12-28-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old
12-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Talk about a roller coaster of emotions at the end. Felt good to enjoy a win again at the arena.

The Ole Miss and Ga Tech players were there tonight and seemed to have a good time as well. The Tech players left at the end of the 2nd period intermission though.

There were a few Kings fans in attendance tonight but they weren't bad at all.

Marty Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Predsfan78
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
Talk about a roller coaster of emotions at the end. Felt good to enjoy a win again at the arena.

The Ole Miss and Ga Tech players were there tonight and seemed to have a good time as well. The Tech players left at the end of the 2nd period intermission though.

There were a few Kings fans in attendance tonight but they weren't bad at all.

Great photos!

Old
12-28-2013, 11:20 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Looks like someone else posted the pic 2-3 pages before you, showing that it was clearly in. So I suspect they will think we're trolling.
Yeah I noticed that after the fact. Oh well. Just plan on not going over there again so shouldn't be a problem.

Old
12-28-2013, 11:29 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
In the few games Maz played in NA he proved to be a better goaltender. Hut's 2-0-0 is not something to go by when selecting a goalie to backup Rinne. The team made a judgement error by not getting real backup. Between the two I would go with Maz. If we have to get rid of one, Hut can go.
The point I made earlier was that Maz is better that Hutton. Would I like a real backup to get magically get us where we need to be this season? Of course. But being a realist, this season is pretty much done. I expect Rinne to continue recovery for several more weeks. (And at this point he can take the rest of the season off as long as he is 100% cured of his infection.)
So the "better" goalie has the worse record and is just as inconsistent as the other guy? Interesting. Maz may have the potential to become a better goalie than Hutton at some point in the future but right now that isn't the case. 6-8-1 vs 7-6-2 records .... .911 vs .901 sv% .... chased on five shots vs chased on four when playing an Eastern team ... right now they are interchangeable. Both have had chances to take the reins and make it their team ... both faltered after a good three game (at most) span.

Hutton was brought in partially because of the lack of real options over the summer. It was a risk, but a risk based on the plan of starting him around 10-15 times with a few relief appearances thrown in. This team is built around an all world goaltender in Pekka ... no backup is going to really replace that. Bryzgalov got a nice payday from the Oilers then proceeded to post worse individual stats and record than Hutton before injury.

Old
12-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Predsfan78
Ambassador

Quote:
Yeah I noticed that after the fact. Oh well. Just plan on not going over there again so shouldn't be a problem.
No worries. I think they are more focused on the players that didn't play well on their team.

Old
12-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Predsfan78
Ambassador

Quote:
So the "better" goalie has the worse record and is just as inconsistent as the other guy? Interesting. Maz may have the potential to become a better goalie than Hutton at some point in the future but right now that isn't the case. 6-8-1 vs 7-6-2 records .... .911 vs .901 sv% .... chased on five shots vs chased on four when playing an Eastern team ... right now they are interchangeable. Both have had chances to take the reins and make it their team ... both faltered after a good three game (at most) span.

Hutton was brought in partially because of the lack of real options over the summer. It was a risk, but a risk based on the plan of starting him around 10-15 times with a few relief appearances thrown in. This team is built around an all world goaltender in Pekka ... no backup is going to really replace that. Bryzgalov got a nice payday from the Oilers then proceeded to post worse individual stats and record than Hutton before injury.
Yes, Mazanec is better than Hutton. Your stats don't show the reality on ice. Maz has done much better esp. considering his age, where he is from and the number of games he played in a row. There is a reason he was named a rookie of the month. Hutton should be in his prime right now but he is not playing that way. He was a terrible pick - a mistake.
We could have kept Chris Mason instead of signing Hutton.

Old
12-28-2013, 11:43 PM
Molon Labe15
Don't Tread On Me

Been living in Clarksville/Fort Campbell for about 2 years now, going to Preds games when I can. This year they have had MANY games with free tickets for military. Tonight was the 5th game this season ive been to (Last home Kings game, Philly, Hurricanes, Montreal, and then tonight) and they have all been pretty great. Being a Canes fan at heart I was very happy with the outcome of that game, but otherwise, I root for the Preds.

Tonights game was absolute nuts in the last few minutes. And it was cool with the Ole Miss and Georgia Tech players there too.

I lurk here some, but mostly am on the Hurricanes section. I plan on coming into this section of the forum more often

a little later ill post some pics from the game

Molon Labe15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 11:45 PM
Predsfan78
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Skinner View Post
Been living in Clarksville/Fort Campbell for about 2 years now, going to Preds games when I can. This year they have had MANY games with free tickets for military. Tonight was the 5th game this season ive been to (Last home Kings game, Philly, Hurricanes, Montreal, and then tonight) and they have all been pretty great. Being a Canes fan at heart I was very happy with the outcome of that game, but otherwise, I root for the Preds.

Tonights game was absolute nuts in the last few minutes. And it was cool with the Ole Miss and Georgia Tech players there too.

I lurk here some, but mostly am on the Hurricanes section. I plan on coming into this section of the forum more often

a little later ill post some pics from the game
Please do. I couldn't go tonight. What a game it was!