HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Waiting No More, Rinne is back!

Old
12-25-2013, 12:37 AM
adsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
28-12-5 (61 points in 45 games) gets us a 59% chance of making it in as the 8th seed ... weeeeee are done
Two points to raise.

#1 The Admirals qualified for the AHL playoffs on the last day of the season, 2 years in a row. Both times they were 10 points or more out of a playoff spot towards the end of the season. Games in hand can count for a lot.

#2 The Packers have a 51% chance to make the playoffs. If they beat the Bears in Chicago on Sunday, it jumps to 100%. They get a #4 seed and a home game against #5, currently the 49ers. Fact; the Packers have beaten the Bears the last 3 times at Soldier Field.

I know that the NHL is different, but until you are mathematically eliminated, you still have a fighting chance. If the team won't fight for the future, they have a 0% chance.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2013, 12:42 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Two points to raise.

#1 The Admirals qualified for the AHL playoffs on the last day of the season, 2 years in a row. Both times they were 10 points or more out of a playoff spot towards the end of the season. Games in hand can count for a lot.

#2 The Packers have a 51% chance to make the playoffs. If they beat the Bears in Chicago on Sunday, it jumps to 100%. They get a #4 seed and a home game against #5, currently the 49ers. Fact; the Packers have beaten the Bears the last 3 times at Soldier Field.

I know that the NHL is different, but until you are mathematically eliminated, you still have a fighting chance. If the team won't fight for the future, they have a 0% chance.
When was the last time the Preds won at a 70% hockey for over a three month's time period ? Because that's what it's going to have to take

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Fo Shea Shea

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Two points to raise.

This is laughable. Mathematically, all teams are still in playoff contention. Realistically this team is making the playoffs.

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 12:29 PM
AEM6729

I will be pleasantly surprised if we see Rinne play at all this year, and downright shocked if he plays like the goalie he was before.

I don't know anything about his individual case beyond what's been reported by the media, but bone and joint infections are no joke. This feels like a Steve Sullivan situation, where the team tells us he's on the verge of coming back all year long.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Adz

Peks was still on crutches last night--he wasn't carrying them, he was actually using them. My gut feeling is we see him after the Olympic Break if at all this season.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 09:43 AM
MrMariusz

Good to see they aren't rushing him back.

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 09:43 AM
MrJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Peks was still on crutches last night--he wasn't carrying them, he was actually using them. My gut feeling is we see him after the Olympic Break if at all this season.
I'd rather he takes plenty of time to be sure he's completely healthy rather than rushing back. Even with him this would be a borderline playoff team at best. Load up on draft picks this season and try to rebuild the offense to go along with this talented young defense.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
I'd rather he takes plenty of time to be sure he's completely healthy rather than rushing back. Even with him this would be a borderline playoff team at best. Load up on draft picks this season and try to rebuild the offense to go along with this talented young defense.
Have to agree with you, but man, he looks so miserable. You can tell he really wants to be playing, not watching. Then again, I guess most days that's how all of us feel.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 02:46 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
I'm guessing he is really bummed about not going to the olympics. The way the Finns churn out goalies, there is no guarantee he will still be one of the top three 4 years from now

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

Yes, it sucks, and I feel bad for him but he needs to take care of his body and heal up completely. If not playing him this season to ensure his full recovery is the price we have to pay - I'm OK with that.

Russian Pred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 05:15 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I didn't realize he was still actively on crutches.....sigh.. get well for next season ...

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 12:12 PM
RomanEmpire

Update on Peks.

Quote:
We are encouraged and pleased to report that Pekka is moving on to the next stage in his recovery and rehabilitation. He has been cleared to begin weight-bearing exercises under the supervision of Dr. Thomas Byrd. There is no timetable for this stage as that will be evaluated by Dr. Byrd and our medical team on a daily basis. Our primary objective is to insure Pekka’s full recovery and return to the ice by taking every possible precaution throughout the process. We will provide further updates when available.

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 02:35 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
Update on Peks.
They could of added 'and when we heard Pekka was having hip surgery we weren't really planning on anything but a bottom 10 finish anyway. So, Peks take your time healing and can't wait to see you next year!'

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 05:45 PM
MrMariusz

So when are they going to admit they rushed Rinne back too fast at the start of the season?

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:10 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
So when are they going to admit they rushed Rinne back too fast at the start of the season?
What you say!!!! Poile doesn't do anything wrong

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:17 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

I personally think Pekka thought he was ready to go. This sounds (esp. how PredsV82 talked about it) like it was completely unexpected.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:58 PM
token grinder

considering pekka may or may not have been practicing the last week and a half, I wouldn't be surprised if we see him Sunday.

And kinda an ironic twist...we started the year at home vs minny, now he can again.

token grinder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 10:56 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
this injury had absolutely zero to do with being rushed back too soon. It was truly a fluke. Much like the Vokoun blood clot...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 11:46 PM
RomanEmpire

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
considering pekka may or may not have been practicing the last week and a half, I wouldn't be surprised if we see him Sunday.

And kinda an ironic twist...we started the year at home vs minny, now he can again.

Come again?

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 12:12 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
this injury had absolutely zero to do with being rushed back too soon. It was truly a fluke. Much like the Vokoun blood clot...
Yeah, what he said.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Bad Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post

Thanks for the jokes.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2014, 09:56 AM
Candyman

Do any of you guys have an update on Rinne's injury?

and before I'm classified as a "fantasy team" inquirer, I'm actually asking because I want to see him play when I visit Nashville March 4 vs the Penguins

Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2014, 11:06 AM
NiceGuyDrP

vCash: 200
Today's your lucky day:

http://section303.com/pekka-rinne-to...ab-stint-52113

NiceGuyDrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2014, 12:19 PM
thecloser

sorry, i don't want him coming back this year. i want him 200% for next year. i want him perfect and ready to go.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2014, 02:31 PM
Armourboy

If he feels great I don't mind him coming back this season. What I don't want is him coming back only feeling ok. This season is pretty much toast, would just assume he be ready for the next than to sort of be ready for this one.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote