HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Sat., Dec. 28, 2013| Flyers 4 at Oilers 3 (2-1 in the shootout)

Old
12-29-2013, 10:30 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Since it was such a late game - I just finished watching the 3rd period on the DVR - great that they tied it up. It didn't look good for a minute there...

And, great shoot out. Glad that G made that goal. It looked effortless. And Raffle - wow!

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Mota

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
TCN as in the Comcast Network? They, especially Keith Jones, were mocking Bryz all night. They said that he had a good game and made a lot of saves (35 to be exact) which is true but they also said he's not very athletic and the Flyers needed to get him moving east and west. Jones throughout the broadcast mentioned a cosmonaut suit, Bryz's interaction with his d-men, making snow angels while he was down after a goal as well as commenting on his stick tossing. It was evident they don't like him very much.
I thought JJ and Jonesy were embarrassing last night. It is one thing to make the occasional joke about Bryz...but they went waaaaaaay out of their way to find anything negative they could. Especially before the Flyers scored, where they were noticeably getting angry that Bryz was actually having success and they would not budge and give him an ounce of credit. I actually thought I was watching Fox News at points. Coatsey even sounded uncomfortable.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 10:32 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
Mez has also looked good tonight imo.
I disagree. he made a lot of mistakes IMHO. I really hope he is gone after this season...

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 10:33 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
I disagree. he made a lot of mistakes IMHO. I really hope he is gone after this season...
no chance he's back

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 10:44 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Don't forget Hartnell!

He does have 5 points in his last 5 games to give credit where it is due.
You can pretty much forget any credit given out toward Harts on this board....He scored a big goal last night in the dirty area with barely a mention.........But do not forget that many on here were wanting Roo traded, Simmonds traded, blah blah blah just 5 or 6 weeks ago...Harts is not nearly as bad a player as many on here think and he is quite capable of scoring goals in bunches .

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 10:46 AM
MP92
Samoan strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I thought JJ and Jonesy were embarrassing last night. It is one thing to make the occasional joke about Bryz...but they went waaaaaaay out of their way to find anything negative they could. Especially before the Flyers scored, where they were noticeably getting angry that Bryz was actually having success and they would not budge and give him an ounce of credit. I actually thought I was watching Fox News at points. Coatsey even sounded uncomfortable.
Bryz deserves to be trashed as much as possible after his lazy and piss poor performance here with us. He's a joke.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Bryz deserves to be trashed as much as possible after his lazy and piss poor performance here with us. He's a joke.
He almost beats out Leighton for worst signing in team history.

12-29-2013, 11:43 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Not only that he trashed the city when he did that interview in Russia where he also praised Stalin etc.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 11:56 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
I found it amusing. They did give him credit, they said he played well.

Jones was the worst when it came to the Bryz bashing but being a former player and most definitely knowing exactly what was happening behind the scenes the past two years I'm completely OK with it. Sure it's not very professional but neither was Therien's radio call of the 2011 first round of the playoffs. He didn't pull any punches when talking about Crosby, maybe it wasn't very professional but it was amusing and deserved nonetheless.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
They gave him credit when he deserved it and called him out when it made sense, nothing they said was unrealistic or unreasonable. I'd rather listen to people who tell it like it is than people who tip toe around issues because they're worried about people like you who get all agitated over nothing.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 12:51 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
He almost beats out Leighton for worst signing in team history.
Signing Michael Leighton the day before free agency was the hockey version of the atom bomb.

12-29-2013, 01:05 PM
SuchySays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
They gave him credit when he deserved it and called him out when it made sense, nothing they said was unrealistic or unreasonable. I'd rather listen to people who tell it like it is than people who tip toe around issues because they're worried about people like you who get all agitated over nothing.
they usually almost always tip toe around the issues though. lol

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
they usually almost always tip toe around the issues though. lol
Like what?

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 02:21 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash

scary start for mason early in game but in retrospect first goal was huge coburn screwup and second goal i think was maybe streit deflection.came back late in game however with a couple big saves and played well in shootout,so overall ok.good test coming up for us in vancouver.luongos out,assuming lack will start.

onlylordsvsmorebp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Mota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I disagree, they definitely had an agenda. I dont recall them saying "nice save" once. Even when he made a save they had some criticism of it or they blamed something else for the Flyer not scoring. Jonesy even blamed the second Simmonds goal on Bryz when he had no shot at it. Letting out their bias opinions during a broadcast is not "telling it like it is", it is telling us what they think. I am generally ok with JJ and Jonesy but last night it just got annoying.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Qyburn

The Good: Simmer

The Bad: playing down to the Worst Team In The West

The Ugly: The dives by our beloved favorite players

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
yeah, i dont know how anyone could be happy with Mez, inc. last nite..

hes a trainwreck..the sooner hes gone the better

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
You can pretty much forget any credit given out toward Harts on this board....He scored a big goal last night in the dirty area with barely a mention.........But do not forget that many on here were wanting Roo traded, Simmonds traded, blah blah blah just 5 or 6 weeks ago...Harts is not nearly as bad a player as many on here think and he is quite capable of scoring goals in bunches .
the problem is Berube is blowing up the line up so hartnell could play in the top 6

Flyerss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Curufinwe

Read should be the first shootout guy ahead of Vinny. He's much better at them.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Funf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I'd agree normally, but Read is something like 0 for 3 this year, and Vinny has been clutch for us.

Funf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 03:12 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Quote:
I noticed this too. Either someone higher up made them and the pre/post game crew to trash Bryz as much as possible or they just really got into this game and wanted nothing more than for Bryz to lose.

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Legion of Goon
.....Flyer Alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Bryz was happy to get the point. A losers mentality. Why would you be happy for 1 point in a lose. I would be pissed, especially with the way they played.
He did not lose the game it was a tie

Legion of Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 03:16 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
He normally would be IMO but Vinny was put in cause Bryz doesn't know him. Raffl was 3rd for the same reason. G is just G.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 03:16 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseGolfCarts View Post
I noticed this too. Either someone higher up made them and the pre/post game crew to trash Bryz as much as possible or they just really got into this game and wanted nothing more than for Bryz to lose.
They had to make up for the last two years of excuses they continually made for the guy.

I like Jonesy but Coatsey & JJ are god awful, I can't wait until the day they are both no longer employed.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 03:40 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
TCN as in the Comcast Network? They, especially Keith Jones, were mocking Bryz all night. They said that he had a good game and made a lot of saves (35 to be exact) which is true but they also said he's not very athletic and the Flyers needed to get him moving east and west. Jones throughout the broadcast mentioned a cosmonaut suit, Bryz's interaction with his d-men, making snow angels while he was down after a goal as well as commenting on his stick tossing. It was evident they don't like him very much.
Yeah, that is my mistake. I meant CBC. I know what JJ and Jones sound like.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote