Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Duguay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
Bruinz20- Let review...
You've accused me of "picking certain players and riding them no matter how they play" and "giving players I like free passes" and "harrassing" other players that "don't fit my type of player...no matter what they do." That's ridiculous. There's nothing arbitrary or capricious about my posts. I don't have you're well-deserved reputation for bad manners and baiting attacks toward other board members.

I carefully explain what I like and don't like and support my opinion with examples. Like virtually every member of this board, I like some players and others I'd like to see traded. I laughed when you accused me of "ranting." Do you know what the word means? My posts aren't angry or violent. I pride myself on having good manners and not resorting to ad hominem attacks.
Mister;

You're a fine, and compelling writer. You use your head and leave biased emotion at the door. We need intelligence to go with our passions/ the same that we expect of our players. You are on my "must read" list; keep up the excellent work dude!

Duguay

Old
01-25-2004, 08:17 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Sorry if you are so thin skinned that you think I have bad manners. Perhaps if you considered you weren't always right you wouldnt be so sensitive.

Questions you *still* havent answered. Why didnt Boynton struggle when paired with Gill or OD in year's past? Why do you criticize Gill, OD and McGillis even when they play well? Instead of trying to find excuses as to why your favorites arent performing you look to project blame on others. I am sure, quite sure, that if you asked Nick Boynton if Hal Gill was the problem he would look at you like you have three heads. You are the ONLY person who blame his early season struggles on others. There are two reasons for this. You cannot accept that one of your favs is playing poorly and you try to use it for more ammo against players you dont like. Your the one with the agenda and it is quite exposed.
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." - E.Hoffer

Old
01-25-2004, 10:55 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." - E.Hoffer
Gee...how did I know that you would skirt the questions posed to you yet again.

Shocking.

Old
01-26-2004, 02:03 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Gee...how did I know that you would skirt the questions posed to you yet again.

Shocking.
C'mon BWZ-20 -the last thread that you and I were arguing on you avoided the three questions I asked you, right after I answered your three...so you and Jags can have it out all you want but let's leave the hypocrisy at the door eh.

Oh, and while I'm here I actually wanted to apologize to you (BWZ20)for saying that something was "over your head"... I truly didn't mean to try to poke fun at you...there are things in hockey that are over my head i.e. goaltending issues -because I never played as a goaltender...so I thought the issue we were discussing might be over your head if you had never played hockey at a higher/intense level... in any case, the issue at hand was obviously not "over your head" we just have different view-points so I just wanted to apologize to you for that "attack"...and to the board cause nobody really enjoys reading ongoing scraps...so ya, my apologies to you.

Old
01-26-2004, 02:12 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Does that mean you no longer want to trade him to the Caps?
uh- i never said that...you have me confused with someone else

Old
01-26-2004, 02:37 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr
C'mon BWZ-20 -the last thread that you and I were arguing on you avoided the three questions I asked you, right after I answered your three...so you and Jags can have it out all you want but let's leave the hypocrisy at the door eh.

Oh, and while I'm here I actually wanted to apologize to you (BWZ20)for saying that something was "over your head"... I truly didn't mean to try to poke fun at you...there are things in hockey that are over my head i.e. goaltending issues -because I never played as a goaltender...so I thought the issue we were discussing might be over your head if you had never played hockey at a higher/intense level... in any case, the issue at hand was obviously not "over your head" we just have different view-points so I just wanted to apologize to you for that "attack"...and to the board cause nobody really enjoys reading ongoing scraps...so ya, my apologies to you.
Apology accepted and please pose the three questions again. I didnt mean to skirt them and I certainly would not have if I had been asked on several occasions like the questions I have asked Misterjaggers. I apologize for not answering them I sometimes lose track of threads with my erratic work schedule. I would be happy to take them on at any time.....here or PM.

Old
01-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Apology accepted and please pose the three questions again. I didnt mean to skirt them and I certainly would not have if I had been asked on several occasions like the questions I have asked Misterjaggers. I apologize for not answering them I sometimes lose track of threads with my erratic work schedule. I would be happy to take them on at any time.....here or PM.
Ya, check your PM.

Old
01-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

"His (Boynton) play was the because of poor focus and lack of effort."

I completely disagree with the lack of effort statement.
He's made bad plays at times, and some tough mistakes, but Boynton's work ethic is something I'll never question.
Nobody desires to make himself a better player than Nick Boynton.

Old
01-27-2004, 04:26 AM
DFENS44

no way can you question his heart, or effort...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe
"His (Boynton) play was the because of poor focus and lack of effort."

I completely disagree with the lack of effort statement.
He's made bad plays at times, and some tough mistakes, but Boynton's work ethic is something I'll never question.
Nobody desires to make himself a better player than Nick Boynton.
It's the RESULTS that have been mixed this year for Nick. He went through a span of like 4 games that he had goals go in off him for the other team. He's been in and out of a couple of funks mentally, but he gives you his all whenever he's out there. He ALSO is the first to clear out the crease, or to stick up for a teammate, witness his go-round the other night when Doull was out. Hey, he tries, and he's been improving each year.

Closed Thread