HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part II* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 1/31)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2013, 10:41 PM
  #151
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,868
vCash: 50
Duclair: 1 goal and 3 assists tonight in a 5-4 win in OT.

The two men behind me spent the game trashing him saying he was a puck hog. lol

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 01:09 AM
  #152
Blurt Vision
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 399
vCash: 500
Recently it's been advantageous to lose your group and play 7 games on the road to gold.

Blurt Vision is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 06:56 AM
  #153
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,868
vCash: 500
Hudson Fasching. I have seen him play for Minnesota with Brady Skjei. Watching him in the WJC. How did the Rangers miss this guy? 4th round by the Kings. An American college bound player to Minnesota. US program. He had the pedigree they like. The Rangers took 4 players before him. One or two of those 4 players might play in the NHL and Hudson won't but he has everything the Rangers lack. Size. Strength. Right handed shot.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 07:49 AM
  #154
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
The whole line doesn't look great. So much talent and individual skill though. I think they will click soon or later.
Yeah, and it's one thing to play Norway and another to play Sweden or Finland. The line that pwns Norway could suck against Sweden and vice versa.

I want to point one thing out though. Bush did not cheat away from the puck. I thought he was fairly decent away from the puck. You could tell that he already has pro-experience.

Ola is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 08:31 AM
  #155
kovazub94
Enigmatic
 
kovazub94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Two straight multipoint games for Buch.

Nice.
I think he only got one assist against Swiss.

kovazub94 is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 10:32 AM
  #156
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,908
vCash: 500
Five PP goals for the US.

They keep picking corners on their shots. Some of these kids have real nice shots all around.

Quiet game for Skeji thus far. Usually a good thing for a defensive defensemen. He has made some solid first passes.

__________________

Disintegrated MCL
rip
Ail is online now  
Old
12-29-2013, 11:48 AM
  #157
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 74,714
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Hudson Fasching. I have seen him play for Minnesota with Brady Skjei. Watching him in the WJC. How did the Rangers miss this guy? 4th round by the Kings. An American college bound player to Minnesota. US program. He had the pedigree they like. The Rangers took 4 players before him. One or two of those 4 players might play in the NHL and Hudson won't but he has everything the Rangers lack. Size. Strength. Right handed shot.
I wanted him in the third. Still fuming we passed up on him.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
EvilCorporateLawyer is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 11:58 AM
  #158
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurt Vision View Post
Recently it's been advantageous to lose your group and play 7 games on the road to gold.
There's a new format for this year's WJC. The first four teams in each group advance to the quarterfinals while the last placed teams play a best of three relegation playoff.

Hence all advancing teams have to play in the quarterfinals and also Canada can't miss the quarters like it was said on the previous page.

jniklast is online now  
Old
12-29-2013, 12:37 PM
  #159
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Duclair: 1 goal and 3 assists tonight in a 5-4 win in OT.

The two men behind me spent the game trashing him saying he was a puck hog. lol
Thanks for all the updates

__________________
Krampus is online now  
Old
12-29-2013, 01:02 PM
  #160
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,419
vCash: 500
Are Skjei and Buch the only Rangers prospects in the WJC? That's sort of disappointing.

SnowblindNYR is online now  
Old
12-29-2013, 01:20 PM
  #161
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Are Skjei and Buch the only Rangers prospects in the WJC? That's sort of disappointing.
No, Buch is not there. HFBoards Article said so.

Yes, and it's better than none.

Ail is online now  
Old
12-29-2013, 01:22 PM
  #162
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,572
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
No, Buch is not there. HFBoards Article said so.

Yes, and it's better than none.
They're drafting too many Canadians!

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 01:27 PM
  #163
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,733
vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Are Skjei and Buch the only Rangers prospects in the WJC? That's sort of disappointing.
Nieves was on the radar coming into the season, but he's having a bad year. Calle Andersson was the only other guy that had any real chance at making a team.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
12-29-2013, 01:34 PM
  #164
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Are Skjei and Buch the only Rangers prospects in the WJC? That's sort of disappointing.
1st pairing and 1st line respectively on two of the best teams there

Quality > Quantity

Krampus is online now  
Old
12-29-2013, 01:37 PM
  #165
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz
 
McDonagh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post
1st pairing and 1st line respectively on two of the best teams there

Quality > Quantity
Buchnevich is still eligible next year too so that's nice to hear.

McDonagh is online now  
Old
12-29-2013, 02:33 PM
  #166
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,808
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post
1st pairing and 1st line respectively on two of the best teams there

Quality > Quantity
AHEM
Time will tell which teams are the best ones
Would think the home team is up there as well
We need to draft more Swedes
Been very successful with them for the most part

But great that Buch & Skjei are doing well

BBKers is online now  
Old
12-29-2013, 02:45 PM
  #167
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,733
vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
AHEM
Time will tell which teams are the best ones
Would think the home team is up there as well
We need to draft more Swedes
Been very successful with them for the most part

But great that Buch & Skjei are doing well
Well, the US and Russia are perennial powers. Since 2006, the top three finishers have been comprised exclusively of some combination of the US, Russia, Canada and Sweden. Going back the past decade, Finland was really the only other squad to make any kind of noise. So I don't think we really need to wait to state who the best teams are in this tournament.

I agree on drafting more Swedes. I've been saying that for years.

Just to update, Skjei finished with an assist and was +2.

nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
12-29-2013, 03:14 PM
  #168
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Duclair: 1 goal and 3 assists tonight in a 5-4 win in OT.

The two men behind me spent the game trashing him saying he was a puck hog. lol

That's not a bad idea at this age because he's picking up skill. Also, considering how badly the rest of his team sucks, what's he supposed to do?

Beacon is online now  
Old
12-29-2013, 03:23 PM
  #169
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,510
vCash: 500
Skjei's effectiveness really won't be noticed until the next few games.

He's not the type of player to shine in a 10-0 blowout against a weak team.

When he's getting matched up and playing big minutes against a team like Canada we will see him doing his thing.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 05:02 PM
  #170
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Skjei's effectiveness really won't be noticed until the next few games.

He's not the type of player to shine in a 10-0 blowout against a weak team.

When he's getting matched up and playing big minutes against a team like Canada we will see him doing his thing.
This is exactly what I was thinking watching the past few games. When they are dominating the competition you cannot expect the stay at home guys, and the goalie to really shine outside of a few plays. In fact he looked like he was trying to do things outside of his comfort zone, or he what he normally wouldn't because of the lack of necessity for playing a simple game.

There were a few positional mistakes and losing the puck on one goal US gave up, but I expect his game will be tested much more this coming week. Canada will be a good test for their defense and goaltending.

Ail is online now  
Old
12-29-2013, 10:21 PM
  #171
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,270
vCash: 500
Duclair had a goal and an assist (primary) in his team's 3-2 SO loss. His goal tied the game with ten seconds left in regulation. He was also the only guy on his team to score in the shootout.

Zil is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 10:26 PM
  #172
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,648
vCash: 500
any chance duclair is traded this year? quebec seems to suck this year.

ecemleafs is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 10:31 PM
  #173
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking watching the past few games. When they are dominating the competition you cannot expect the stay at home guys, and the goalie to really shine outside of a few plays. In fact he looked like he was trying to do things outside of his comfort zone, or he what he normally wouldn't because of the lack of necessity for playing a simple game.

There were a few positional mistakes and losing the puck on one goal US gave up, but I expect his game will be tested much more this coming week. Canada will be a good test for their defense and goaltending.
It's the same reason guys like Joakim Noah thrive more in the NBA than they did in college. Ideally, the NHL isn't 7-8 pond hockey **** shows. If Skjei can skate well and play good positional D, he'll carve out a good career in the NHL.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 10:32 PM
  #174
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Nieves' Blue Boys had a rough weekend -- swept in the GLI.

Still, Nieves is a stud. The kid can do everything but score goals. He played wing most of last season on a veteran team who stunk. This year, Berenson moved him to center ice with a whole bunch of freshman on the flanks and it's been a slow transition, but the Wolverines are a top team in the nation.

Nieves has all the tools. Big, strong, ice vision and slick playmaking abilities with blazing speed off the rush. I dont think his numbers are an accurate picture. His game translates to the NHL.

Kreider didnt have a great sophomore year at BC. It started slow and then he picked it up after the WJC.

Nieves is certainly good enough to be in Malmo. With that sheet of ice, he would have been very hard to contain.

Get him to Hartford soon.

GWOW is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 10:35 PM
  #175
Revo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
any chance duclair is traded this year? quebec seems to suck this year.
No chance at all. Team doesn't suck, it had terrible luck with injuries.

Revo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.