HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Subban needs to play like Campbell

Old
12-29-2013, 05:35 PM
habscup*

vCash: 500

Look at how much Campbell creates offense for the panthers, he's one of the reasons they're such a threat. Subban sits back and does **** all lately. Go for it more kid, go for it more.

habscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 05:36 PM
expy

We need to get rid of Bouillon, no idea why he's even in the lineup or the NHL.

expy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 05:37 PM
habscup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by expy View Post
We need to get rid of Bouillon, no idea why he's even in the lineup or the NHL.
This is a serious thread about Subban. Let's not derail it by talking about Bouillon please. Thanks

Old
12-29-2013, 05:37 PM
SnapVirus

Subban cant go for it. If he does the coach will play him 18min/game or bench him

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Look at how much Campbell creates offense for the panthers, he's one of the reasons they're such a threat. Subban sits back and does **** all lately. Go for it more kid, go for it more.
Who the hell tells him to do that, in your opinion? Do you honestly think Subban is the one that decided to play a more conservative role?

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 05:39 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Who the hell tells him to do that, in your opinion? Do you honestly think Subban is the one that decided to play a more conservative role?
This.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 05:39 PM
habscup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
I think Therrien told him to play it safe whatever he does. Subban's just worried he's going to make mistakes so he's second guessing himself. He should not worry and just go for it.

Old
12-29-2013, 05:40 PM
habscup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
This.

What are you laughing at. Look at this game, Campbell's creating so much offense for the panthers and is the reason Flo is dominating. If Subban played the same way, this game would be tied and habs would score much more goals in general.

Old
12-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
I think Therrien told him to play it safe whatever he does. Subban's just worried he's going to make mistakes so he's second guessing himself. He should not worry and just go for it.
Well, that's the thing. The coach don't want him to just "go for it". They want him to play a "steady" game. That's what Team Canada wants, that will make the Habs a better team, or something along those lines.

Old
12-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Pura Vida

Quote:
What are you laughing at. Look at this game, Campbell's creating so much offense for the panthers and is the reason Flo is dominating. If Subban played the same way, this game would be tied and habs would score much more goals in general.
He's laughing because subban is better than campbell in every facet of the game. This coming from a guy who believes that subban has regressed this year

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Kriss E

First off, Campbell is not playing better than PK.
Second, Therrien wants our team to dump it out of our zone and dump it into the offensive zone. He wants us to possess the puck for as short as possible. If we have it in our zone, dump it out. In the neutral zone, dump it in. In the offensive zone, put it on the net from every and any angle possible.

Pk tries to control the puck, he plays aggressive where he'll bring it into the offensive zone, the forward that's covering will make a mistake for not covering for him well, end result from coach's mouth, PK is the reason why we lost.

Our coach needs to wake da fak up or get da fak out.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
First off, Campbell is not playing better than PK.
Second, Therrien wants our team to dump it out of our zone and dump it into the offensive zone. He wants us to possess the puck for as short as possible. If we have it in our zone, dump it out. In the neutral zone, dump it in. In the offensive zone, put it on the net from every and any angle possible.

Pk tries to control the puck, he plays aggressive where he'll bring it into the offensive zone, the forward that's covering will make a mistake for not covering for him well, end result from coach's mouth, PK is the reason why we lost.

Our coach needs to wake da fak up or get da fak out.
The ONLY two players that try to control the puck when they have it on their stick is Subban and Eller. Therrien has successfully dumbed down the game of hockey to a level I didn't think was attainable.

Old
12-29-2013, 05:52 PM
rockjngo

Subban - needs to stop doing the same move over and over. Teams know that he loves holding on to the puck and put two guys on him so he's turning the puck over more often.

Markov - he's done. his foot speed is no longer to be considered a top 4 defenseman. he may be a powerplay quarterback but one hit away from calling it a career.

Gorges - excels defensive zone but doesn't bring anything in the offensive zone. always dump in the corner and it frustrates me.

Emelin - needs time to regain his form. doesn't excel in defensive coverage nor is he an offensive threat.

Boullion - hangs on to the puck thinking he's Bobby Orr and turns back and skates and turning the puck over. This guy should be in Europe.

Diaz - getting better but doesn't know what to do with the puck when he has it.

Our defense is a joke. There's no system what so ever, guys running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I say Fire JJ and time to remove Thierren as coach. '

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 05:56 PM
HeShootsHeScores

I hate MT has I watch pk's swag fade away.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 05:56 PM
DogsFan*

Campbell has a much shorter leash and is relied upon more heavily to generate offense for the Panthers. Subban has a short leash, and we have the talent upfront to generate offense.. Wish they'd just let him play.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Fire Everyone
Especially you

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Luck Chuck View Post
and we have the talent upfront to generate offense
Not with the style of play that Therrien wants the team to play.

This grinding team isn't scoring goals.

Fire Everyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 05:58 PM
GeoStride87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Subban cant go for it. If he does the coach will play him 18min/game or bench him
This.

GeoStride87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 06:08 PM
vfactor

The sad thing is anybody with a pair of eyes saw this for a while now. 'Unfortunately', we went on a hot streak and then everybody content with the way this club plays. Subban is regressing. MT probably took away his best asset to make him a player he though Subban should be.

I am done with MT. I don't think he's leading this club the right way. I don't see progress as a team.

vfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Fire Everyone
Especially you

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfactor View Post
The sad thing is anybody with a pair of eyes saw this for a while now. 'Unfortunately', we went on a hot streak and then everybody content with the way this club plays. Subban is regressing. MT probably took away his best asset to make him a player he though Subban should be.

I am done with MT. I don't think he's leading this club the right way. I don't see progress as a team.
Subban isn't regressing, he just doesn't have the leeway to play his game. His talent and physical ability are still there.

Fire Everyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Jigger77

Hate to say this, but I have to agree. PK is the kind of player that thrives with the swagger, the big hits, the drawing attention etc. That doesn't mean I disagree that he had to be held back somewhat. He was trying to do too much himself. I think both PK and MT are to blame. MT tried to do the right thing but PK kind of rebelled and took it to a level of playing with a negative mindset. Goes both ways. Doesn't mean one or the other has to go, it means they have to find the right balance. And they will. They have to and they both know it.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 06:15 PM
vfactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
Subban isn't regressing, he just doesn't have the leeway to play his game. His talent and physical ability are still there.
The thing is if we let him play his game with minor adjustments, he will become even more dangerous. Not improving while you should may be considered as 'regressing' in my book. I know it's not in the traditional sense.

You can play to your strength or try to improve your weakness. Most of the time, in any field, become extremely good in one domain is better than being good in all aspects.

vfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 06:17 PM
shamrun

just as soon as gionta starts to play like barkov.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfactor View Post
The thing is if we let him play his game with minor adjustments, he will become even more dangerous. Not improving while you should may be considered as 'regressing' in my book. I know it's not in the traditional sense.

You can play to your strength or try to improve your weakness. Most of the time, in any field, become extremely good in one domain is better than being good in all aspects.
I would agree normally in the case of a role player. But I think they want him to be the #1 guy. And in the NHL that means you have to be good at everything. Pick your spots, so-to-speak.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
He needs to grind more. Chip and chase. That is how the Habs will succeed.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Feintastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
This.

I knew it was going to happen, they brainwash an offensive guy until he forget how to play like he used to, ask him to play defense only and if he make just a little mistake he's punished and some beetch medias start to talkish about him ''ohh he's not good enough for Team Canada''.... like he's the only one making mistakes in the whole league

Feintastic is offline   Reply With Quote