HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Your GM should trade Jagr (merged)

Old
01-16-2007, 11:55 PM
JackedDevilsFan*
Sign Suter&Garrison!

vCash: 500
Your GM should trade Jagr (merged)

If I was Sather I would trade Jagr for Naslund and Brendan Morrison.

What are your thoughts on this trade? Your team is one dimensional with Jagr.

JackedDevilsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Killiecrankie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by devs44 View Post

Then what would they be WITHOUT JAGR. Believe me Jagr is so good he forces the team through him-and he can handle it. Jagr is in no way shape or form 100%, he looks about 70% at most. You can trade Jagr back to Pittsburgh....we would take him off your hands.

Killiecrankie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 12:00 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I'd trade Jagr, absolutely, but it'd be for a couple of blue chip prospects as a starting point. If we move him, it ought to be to rebuild.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Quote:
Originally Posted by devs44 View Post

Your team should trade Martin Broduer.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 12:09 AM
DevFan-RU-

Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
Jagr wont leave. No one has any say in the matter but him. He is going to retire a Ranger most likely.

DevFan-RU- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 01:04 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
and as much as people want to point to his shoulder injury, frankly I think Jagr just isnt trying as hard as he did last year. He doesnt backcheck AT ALL this year, he cherry picks like nobodys business, and he isnt making those "whoa" passes anymore.

Jagrs just regressed, and honestly, if we could get a monster package of youth back for him, i would trade him without hesitation.
this was posted in the gameday thread.. and as much as i didn't want to believe it or think about it, i can't disagree

just from the games i've gone to this season, i can remember him being lazy and such a cherry picker on many occassion.. i would trade him but as others said, only if it brings back quality blue chip prospects in return

but we know that just will not ever happen

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 01:11 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

As much as I want this team to win, I know this team has zero chance of winning the cup. Lundqvist could get hotter than hell itself, and we'd still lose.

Jagr is a cherry picker. Always has been, always will be. There's nothing that's going to change that now. I'd love to see him dealt for elite young talent and picks to replenish the system. Right now, as it stands, we lack the young talent necessary to build for a cup winner. Trading Jagr while he still has value would be the start of it all. I'd suffer through years of futility watching a young team give it's all night in night out to learn and grow together in a build for runs at future cups. We have some good young players, but we lack forwards that could be top line players one day, and we lack defenders aside from Staal who could be top pairing defenders.

This team needs an overhaul.

CM Lundqvist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 01:19 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Jagr is a cherry picker. Always has been, always will be. There's nothing that's going to change that now.
Well, I don't really know if it's fair to call Jagr a cherrypicker. How many times have we seen the guy take the puck end to end, drive past a defender on the outside and net one? A lot of times. Also, I don't think he gets his 60A per year cherrypicking. Cherrypicking implies that a guy just sits and waits for the play to come to him so he can easily cash in; if that were the case with Jagr, then why aren't there 100 other players out there doing what he's doing? It's because he's an amazing talent, arguably the strongest player on the puck the game has ever seen. He may be getting a little lazier and more likely to float in his older years, but it's silly to say that he's a cherrypicker and always has been.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 01:35 AM
Atlas

I was a big Jagr fan when he was with the Caps...I didn't want to see him traded but in hindsight he was a net negative for the team. He was entertaining as hell to watch but he just didn't have his heart in it. Maybe he's better in NYC.

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Well, I don't really know if it's fair to call Jagr a cherrypicker. How many times have we seen the guy take the puck end to end, drive past a defender on the outside and net one? A lot of times. Also, I don't think he gets his 60A per year cherrypicking. Cherrypicking implies that a guy just sits and waits for the play to come to him so he can easily cash in; if that were the case with Jagr, then why aren't there 100 other players out there doing what he's doing? It's because he's an amazing talent, arguably the strongest player on the puck the game has ever seen. He may be getting a little lazier and more likely to float in his older years, but it's silly to say that he's a cherrypicker and always has been.
Jagr is WAY more of a cherrypicker this year than years gone by, and heres why, i dont know how you define a cherry picker, but heres what i see, and why i called jagr a cherry picker. the guy waits at the opposing blueline on the right wing, and waits for passes to him, he will ever so slowly skate his way back, and look to catch the other team off guard, and while hes going that, the D behind him gets torched for chance after chance. Last year he would at least come back into his own zone, he wouldnt exactly play D, but he would be a body back in the zone keeping the other teams honest. This year, he just doesnt bother. And shoulders dont effect desire or skating. Hes still one of the best players on the ice at any given time, but his level of commitment just isnt close to the level it was last year. I can live with lower point production, but the guy just isnt hustling at all unless he has the puck in the offensive zone.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 01:58 AM
the_hockey_mistress

We'ld take jagr..but not at the expense of Naslund and Morrison...how bout say....fitzpatrick hehe

the_hockey_mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 02:28 AM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
It's a tough situation with Jagr. He's the best player in the world when he wants to be, but there needs to be a pretty big comfort zone for him to give maximum effort. For that reason, I can't see any team giving up blue chip prospects for him. The risk that he'd come in and just not feel comfortable and only give you 50% is too much.

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Melrose_Jr.

It makes no sense to trade Jagr for even comparable veterans. The Rangers need to augment Jagr's contribution if they want to find success today, not try and replace it with a different player.

You can only trade Jagr for real blue chip prospect and/or a top 5 draft pick, otherwise, it doesn't make any sense for the Rangers.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:16 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Jagr is WAY more of a cherrypicker this year than years gone by, and heres why, i dont know how you define a cherry picker, but heres what i see, and why i called jagr a cherry picker. the guy waits at the opposing blueline on the right wing, and waits for passes to him, he will ever so slowly skate his way back, and look to catch the other team off guard, and while hes going that, the D behind him gets torched for chance after chance. Last year he would at least come back into his own zone, he wouldnt exactly play D, but he would be a body back in the zone keeping the other teams honest. This year, he just doesnt bother. And shoulders dont effect desire or skating. Hes still one of the best players on the ice at any given time, but his level of commitment just isnt close to the level it was last year. I can live with lower point production, but the guy just isnt hustling at all unless he has the puck in the offensive zone.
Jagr's play shouldn't be generalized based on one game. He doesn't do every night what he did vs the Devils last night.

He has been having some trouble lately and I am not sure what it is. I can only guess.

Jagr forechecks, and is still making goal scoring passes despite his unacceptable point total.

01-17-2007, 09:19 AM
DrCrane

He's more or less always had issues with his attitude and workrate. Why was he made captain then? Sure he's one of the best players in the league but usually you want a captain that gives his best night in night out. Did they think he'd step up his game in this area?

DrCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:21 AM
crisb

Some people think we should trade Jagr, but it won't happen.

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:26 AM
WheresBarnaby

Gladly...

Most of what he says, and how he acts annoys me. I'll gladly take 2 or 3, 30point point per season guys for him. Especially, now that he's hovering around being a near non factor as of late. Most teams have his number the season. I know he's not 100%, but that's just another reason to trade him. Frankly I'm pretty sick of being thought of as the NYJagr's anyway. Every non MSG announcer or reporter, has to make some kind of comment, about how if you shut down Jagr, you shut down the Rangers. That does have some validity, but the Rangers have won many games where Jagr didn't do much.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:39 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Jagr's play shouldn't be generalized based on one game. He doesn't do every night what he did vs the Devils last night.

He has been having some trouble lately and I am not sure what it is. I can only guess.

Jagr forechecks, and is still making goal scoring passes despite his unacceptable point total.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I'm so glad that Debs fans can come here and tell us that we should trade our captain and best player.

Seriously, I wonder what would happen if some random Rangers fan posted on their board that they should trade Brodeur.

This is such a stupid thread.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:47 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
I'm so glad that Debs fans can come here and tell us that we should trade our captain and best player.

Seriously, I wonder what would happen if some random Rangers fan posted on their board that they should trade Brodeur.

Seeing how he put no thought into the trade idea as well. Not only would the Rangers never trade Jagr. They wouldn't do it for you underachieving, older players. Not to mention that there is not way that they could fit both contracts under the cap.

How about Broduer to the Kings for Norstrom and Avery lol

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:50 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post

big deal? i think he made a valid thread.. wouldn't have shocked me if a ranger fan made this

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:58 AM
C Alan Adan

The scary part for Rangers fans has to be Jagr's history. When he's happy, he plays phenominally well. When he's not, he doesn't - and not much can make him play better.

The question is: Is Jagr's reduced scoring this season reflective of injury, etc, or is it the beginning of Jagr just not being a happy camper in NYC anymore?

C Alan Adan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 10:20 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrane View Post
He's more or less always had issues with his attitude and workrate. Why was he made captain then? Sure he's one of the best players in the league but usually you want a captain that gives his best night in night out. Did they think he'd step up his game in this area?

Exactly, he knew going into last nights game he was going to be shaddowed by Pandolfo all night again. So instead of getting creative, and saying OK I know they're going to be all over me so what other roll can I play? Maybe, I can play a little more physical, agitate and draw penalties? Try skating through guys and let them hook and grab. Does he do any of that, Nah, He just puts the blame on Renney before the game, complaining he doesn't line match, and does nothing different during the game. Jagr's only knows one roll, and if you shut him down as playmaker he's got nothing else. He certainly no help defensively, you may as well put Orr with Nylander and Straka. Captain my foot.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Geogaddi

Real Cherry Picker = Pavel Bure. He would be wondering around in the offensive zone waiting for the pass while it was deep in our own zone.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Most of what he says, and how he acts annoys me. I'll gladly take 2 or 3, 30point point per season guys for him. Especially, now that he's hovering around being a near non factor as of late. Most teams have his number the season. I know he's not 100%, but that's just another reason to trade him. Frankly I'm pretty sick of being thought of as the NYJagr's anyway. Every non MSG announcer or reporter, has to make some kind of comment, about how if you shut down Jagr, you shut down the Rangers. That does have some validity, but the Rangers have won many games where Jagr didn't do much.
Except take away the opponents best defensive pairings so our other lines don't have to face them

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote