HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Ball Hockey

Old
01-16-2007, 01:51 PM
SqueakyBrad

vCash: 500
OT: Ball Hockey

Just seeing if anyone wants to make up a team or if anyone is in need of an extra Forward.

Cheers All

SqueakyBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Manicmoose

what div or league were you looking at playing in?

Manicmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 05:12 PM
SqueakyBrad

ummm anywhere i have played in the edmonton ball hockey team before in divs 6 and 8 i think.

SqueakyBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 05:16 PM
oilerfanatic

anyone have any info on indoor drop in leagues?...i usually go to the Y for drop in hockey but the age range is like 12-57...gets annoying playing with really old guys and really young kids...

oilerfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 05:35 PM
KT84

I would definitely be interested in piecing together a team.

KT84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Pressure
Tier 1/2 and 3 fan

when would games and practices be? I'd be interested however I live out of town at the moment

Pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 06:42 PM
tips

you guys are kinda SOL for this year if you want to be involved in the EBHA (edmonton ball hockey association). I believe team packages are already being finalized. Im not sure about new teams, but im pretty sure the timelines are very tight. These things are usually worked on before the new year.

for more info go here: http://ballhockeyedmonton.com/

the season runs from the beginning of april to mid july, or even august depending on how far you make it into playoffs. practices are up to the teams, but finding space is difficult. to find a time slot before 11:30pm at the soccer centres (where the EBHA plays) during the season is next to impossible. your best bet is to practice a few times before the season starts in march, also alot of teams resort to finding a school gym on the weekend afternoons to try and practice, but its just not the same without the boards and all.

with this said however, due to some internal poltitcal issues in the EBHA, people have tried to start thier own leagues. There are 2 ball hockey new leagues, one of which mainly plays out of the "extreme roller hockey zone" near clairview, its a crappy little tiled rink that sits in a converted warehouse or something. im not sure if they still play exclusivly out of that thing, it may have changed. I dont recall the name of the leauge, sorry. The other apparently just started up and I have no information on them, including a name.

So there are options, you just gotta look where to dig.

tips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
You guys are lucky to have such a nice big league. I play my own team in Kamloops and we have 8 teams total heh

Patch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Pressure
Tier 1/2 and 3 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tips View Post
you guys are kinda SOL for this year if you want to be involved in the EBHA (edmonton ball hockey association). I believe team packages are already being finalized. Im not sure about new teams, but im pretty sure the timelines are very tight. These things are usually worked on before the new year.

for more info go here: http://ballhockeyedmonton.com/

the season runs from the beginning of april to mid july, or even august depending on how far you make it into playoffs. practices are up to the teams, but finding space is difficult. to find a time slot before 11:30pm at the soccer centres (where the EBHA plays) during the season is next to impossible. your best bet is to practice a few times before the season starts in march, also alot of teams resort to finding a school gym on the weekend afternoons to try and practice, but its just not the same without the boards and all.

with this said however, due to some internal poltitcal issues in the EBHA, people have tried to start thier own leagues. There are 2 ball hockey new leagues, one of which mainly plays out of the "extreme roller hockey zone" near clairview, its a crappy little tiled rink that sits in a converted warehouse or something. im not sure if they still play exclusivly out of that thing, it may have changed. I dont recall the name of the leauge, sorry. The other apparently just started up and I have no information on them, including a name.

So there are options, you just gotta look where to dig.

Extreme is at the old army base in North Edmonton...Greisbagh? lol I can't spell it properly. I'm playing in another league right now that runs on saturdays and we have about a couple months left. I wonder if there are any rollerhockey teams or ball hockey ones in the summer.

Pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Matty31

Send a message via MSN to Matty31
There is the main Edmonton league as mentioned above then there are:
The metro league
www.embh.ca

and
www.castledownsballhockey.com

Hey patch101 I played against the kamloops blackjacks team. Do you play on that one?

Matty31 is offline   Reply With Quote