HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

GDT: 1/16 - New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils - 7:30PM

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2007, 01:38 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Maybe the NHL can outlaw the trap, similar to the NBA with their "illegal defense" call. Two minutes for being boring!

Honestly, I don't care how the Devils play. It is boring as hell, but if we had any kind of decent team we'd have been able to fight through it tonight and win. Let's not blame the Devils for us sucking.

It's just pain.
Old
01-17-2007, 01:53 AM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
i wonder if any of you ranger fans listened to doc/chico on the NJ telecast. it was almost commical how they attempted to validate the devils boring style and made every attempt to inject life into the boring game where possible.

ex. less than 1 minute left when jagr/pandolfo fought for the puck on the boards and chico stated that "that's one of the most exciting plays in hockey. where the puck can go either way". um, no chico. a breakaway is one of the most exciting plays in hockey.

maybe a scrum along the boards is one of the most exciting plays during devil hockey.

the devils win but at what cost?

disgusting in my opinion.
Totally agree, how I gut through 40 games per year watching that, is beyond me. And yes, I could see Chico saying that, hasn't been the first time.

Old
01-17-2007, 09:17 AM
HBK27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
My team lost, that's all there is to it.

But to deny the fact that the Devils get away with more non-calls than ANY team in the league is ridiculous. During the trap era, it was even worse.

And you're calling me a homer.
Personally, I don't watch all the games in the NHL so I have no clue which teams get away with more non-calls than others. I watch all the Devils games and the occasional Rangers, Islanders or Versus game. I'm just trying to think realistically about this. All teams get away with non-calls to a certain extent. My guess though it that it all averages out over time, so it's pretty even for every team. I just don't see why all the refs in the league would go out of their way to unfairly not call penalties against the Devils that they would call for other teams in the league - makes no sense.

Maybe the Devils do get less calls against them because they're known as a disciplined team and tend to be among the league leaders in fewest penatly minutes year in year out. If so, I doubt it's a conscious decision by the refs, who I imagine as professionals would try to call things the same for every team in the league. By the same token, you hear the example of Raider fans thinking their team gets unfairly penalized since they have a reputation for taking penalties.

Quote:
Oh yeah, and watching it on FSNY is the worst. Emrick and Chico are a joke, they do a piss-poor job. Emrick screwed up a boatload of different times. He confused Gomez Langenbrunner in the 3rd period TWICE IN THE SAME SHIFT, and confused Straka Nylander and vice verse THREE TIMES. Chico needs to shut up, Pandolfo is not Bob Gainey or Jere Lehtinen. These guys are the WORST when it comes to their players. The Straka play... what a joke, he shot it right in between his legs. It was a good save, not save of the year material. The best save Brodeur made all night was the Shanahan breakaway, and while I thought it was a good save, I think Shanahan could have gotten that puck up a little more.
If you hate Doc & Chico so much, why were you watching the game on FSNY instead of MSG? Are you just going out of the way to try to get yourself angry?

Quote:
That's fine then, at least make him uncomfortable out there, and hinder him from doing his job.

I think he's exactly what Jan Erixon was, nothing more... but Emrick and Chico make him out to be a Selke Winning guy.

Madden? Maybe. Pandolfo? No, he's a career 4th liner, and there's good reason for it.
IMO, Pandolfo should be nominated for a Selke (and maybe should've in years past). Defensively, I think he's right up there with Madden. There's a reason why these two have been paired together and matched against the opposing team's top line & on the top PK unit for so long. The RW on their line comes and goes, but the constant is that these two players are always out their against the opposing team's top scorer and the Devils go out of their way to match lines to make sure of it. Calling him a career 4th, especially when he often gets 1st line minutes, is just ridiculous. Any team in the league would love to have Pandolfo on their checking line, especially at his salary.

Old
01-17-2007, 09:44 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I leave for two minutes and all i see is devil and islanders fans in the GDT... what the hell is going on???

Anyone want to discuss what i brought up at the very start of the GDT about the Devils getting away with penalties?? I saw at least 5 borderline ones (not including the dive by Cullen, which by the way was after the dive by Pandolfo which was called on straka), at least 2 could have been called.

Oh wait... ive seen like 50 posts about the non-calls...

There was one that was so indicative of how the Devils play i almost puked after re-watching it.
Straka gets the puck behind the net in the second period and at about the top of the circle he releases a pass, a second and a half passes and he is greeted by a Devil (not sure who, doesnt matter) , ties up Marty with his stick and continues to ride him out alllllll the way to the near boards where he is then checked (now its about 3 or 4 seconds after he releases the puck) and held there while the play is already across the Devil blue line. I saw that on more than one occasion, in various spots on the rink. - Thats textbook interference.

But hey, when the Devils arent busy turning around when Hollweg hits them to draw a boarding penalty or dropping like a bag of cement when the ref is around, i'd say they played a pretty discipline game.

Horrible.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 01-17-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old
01-17-2007, 09:49 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK27 View Post
The refs (all of them, since they rotate games) consciously go out of their way not to call penalties on the Devils? You're really taking the conspiracy route over the logically route that they just (just) may happen to be the most disciplined team in the league?
NO... they ref to the Devils reputation. Its wrong.

Old
01-17-2007, 10:21 AM
JR#9*

I made the mistake of going to the game with a few guys from work--2 Devils fans, 3 NYR fans and it lived up to all that was expected...a simply dreadful game to sit through.

Let me start by saying that you simply can't argue the effectiveness of the Devils disgusting style of play..it still wins even in todays NHL so before you get the guys like Trottier coming in here falling over himself in signing the praises of Lou and this style nobody here is saying it doesn't win but it is simply disgusting to watch.

Go over to the Devil board and you have these guys commenting on how exciting the game was and how outstanding Marty was and how that was such a great game and it just is hysterical.They are actually calling Lukowich clutch!

*** were they watching??Even the Devil fans I had with me readily admitted how lackluster the game was and how few quality chances were created EITHER WAY.

Niether goalie had to be stellar tonight.

There was zero atmosphere in the CAA despite it having good representaion from both sides and that is because the game was simply unwatchable.

They can cite the location all they want but the reason there are only 8k there on a nightly basis is because nobody will pay to watch this nonsense game in and out.

It's comical watching Devil fans try and act like there is some big conspiricy throughout everyone else in hockey when they tag the Devils the absolute most boring team to watch in all of sports despite the fact that it is universal from coaches comments, to players comments, to all the beat writers throughout the entire league as well as the NHL fanbase.

once again before the Trottier's of HF come here citing the success, only a moron would argue that it isn't successful but then on the flip side only a moron would try and argue that their style holds any entertainment value what so ever.

Hockey at it's core is about skating, skill and aggression yet that style is all about passiveness, chip plays, and minimal skating and skill on display.

After the success of the Canes and Sabres last year I was really hoping that they would be the model that teams tried to mimic because that is exciting, aggressive hockey but even with the new rules the Devils have showed just how successful you can be by playing this %^&**# style of disgusting hockey.

Old
01-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Fletch

ola...

your English may not be great, but you picked up a decent saying.

How has Shanny played in the last 18 games? 1 goal? He's there to...score goals? I'm not suggesting to bench Shanny, but the question becomes vets get to work out their problems - why can't the kid work out his problems too? Is it that Renney thinks he needs to change things up to help-out Shanny, whose mired in a slump (this is not the first time Prucha has been 'demoted')? If that's the case, Renney changes things up hasn't worked given his production in the last 18 games.

The kid who should be building off last season is not going to build off last season playing with Orr and Hollweg. Period. In fact, it can hurt as he will fall into bad habits (to get back on a second line he will need to score, to score he will try to do things himself because his linemates are no help, doing things himself means falling into bad habits (i.e., trying to beat three guys). Like other goal scorers, he needs chances and need to find rhythm and needs to play (and again, 4 goals, 10 games - is that so bad?).

I'm not saying that Prucha's the cat's meow. But if he's going to be something, the coach needs to work a bit better with him and try to get him going, and I do not agree with his methodology one bit. If their assessment of Prucha is different, then trade him - or they should've decided this before putting him on a fourth line. This is an asset they are not managing correctly. I think that's a tougher argument than Prucha's potential, ability, or what kind of career he 's going to have, because that's all very debateable.

Old
01-17-2007, 10:32 AM
C Alan Adan

Quote:
I'm not bashing the Devils here, but tonights game was BORING for the most part, and watching the Devils against another team is boring.
I just can't agree that that game was boring. I was watching it thinking just how exciting it was. There were plenty of high quality scoring chances, especially in the first two periods. The Devils, IMO, had the lions share of really quality chances, which may be why you think it was boring from a Rangers POV. I'll admit that, as the 3rd period wound down, the Devils sat back more often - but that was because the Rangers tried to press more. In those situations they will clear the puck first and think fofense second.

But honestly, if you think that game was boring, I have to think that you are buying into the anti-Devils press as much as you think the refs buy into the Devils reputation of not taking penalties.

Old
01-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Fletch

The game was boring...

if you're a Ranger fan, because it's frustrating watching your star player get totally stymied and to watch a team that too often doesn't seem to have a backup plan when he's not scoring.

The Devils played the game tight and correctly, exactly how they should play it. The Devils did, however, make plenty of mistakes in their own end, and the Rangers' forecheck created a lot of turnovers, but they could not capitalize, perhaps because of their lack of players with the right combination of skill and grit. Both goalies had to make a lot of very good saves, and there were a couple of close calls on both ends.

Old
01-17-2007, 11:03 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Sheets View Post
I just can't agree that that game was boring. I was watching it thinking just how exciting it was. There were plenty of high quality scoring chances, especially in the first two periods. The Devils, IMO, had the lions share of really quality chances, which may be why you think it was boring from a Rangers POV. I'll admit that, as the 3rd period wound down, the Devils sat back more often - but that was because the Rangers tried to press more. In those situations they will clear the puck first and think fofense second.

But honestly, if you think that game was boring, I have to think that you are buying into the anti-Devils press as much as you think the refs buy into the Devils reputation of not taking penalties.

Are you kidding me or what?

Even the Devil fans I attended the game with last night admitted how little excitment there was in this gtame.

Quality scoring chances? You and I must have a very different view on what constitutes a quality scoring chance but last night there were very few either way.

And I love how you Devil fans write this off as some sort of media fabrication!!!

You guys don't give up any goals BUT you also don't score any goals either...14th out of 15 teams in the east which adds up to what---boring F'in hockey, that's what!

At least stick to the arguement many of your fellow Devil that they actually enjoy this "passive" style of play but don't embaress yourself pretending this is some sort of offbase media fabrication because that is just hyterical.

You never see players and coaches talking so negatively about a teams style of play but how many have stated as much this year about the Devils disgusting style of play?

Are they part of this media conspiricy as well?

Old
01-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post
I made the mistake of going to the game with a few guys from work--2 Devils fans, 3 NYR fans and it lived up to all that was expected...a simply dreadful game to sit through.

Let me start by saying that you simply can't argue the effectiveness of the Devils disgusting style of play..it still wins even in todays NHL so before you get the guys like Trottier coming in here falling over himself in signing the praises of Lou and this style nobody here is saying it doesn't win but it is simply disgusting to watch.

Go over to the Devil board and you have these guys commenting on how exciting the game was and how outstanding Marty was and how that was such a great game and it just is hysterical.They are actually calling Lukowich clutch!

*** were they watching??Even the Devil fans I had with me readily admitted how lackluster the game was and how few quality chances were created EITHER WAY.

Niether goalie had to be stellar tonight.

There was zero atmosphere in the CAA despite it having good representaion from both sides and that is because the game was simply unwatchable.

They can cite the location all they want but the reason there are only 8k there on a nightly basis is because nobody will pay to watch this nonsense game in and out.

It's comical watching Devil fans try and act like there is some big conspiricy throughout everyone else in hockey when they tag the Devils the absolute most boring team to watch in all of sports despite the fact that it is universal from coaches comments, to players comments, to all the beat writers throughout the entire league as well as the NHL fanbase.

once again before the Trottier's of HF come here citing the success, only a moron would argue that it isn't successful but then on the flip side only a moron would try and argue that their style holds any entertainment value what so ever.

Hockey at it's core is about skating, skill and aggression yet that style is all about passiveness, chip plays, and minimal skating and skill on display.

After the success of the Canes and Sabres last year I was really hoping that they would be the model that teams tried to mimic because that is exciting, aggressive hockey but even with the new rules the Devils have showed just how successful you can be by playing this %^&**# style of disgusting hockey.

Good post, exactly how i was feeling after watching last night.

I agree that this new NHL is still not the Hockey i'm accustomed to. I'm seriously thinking of folding it up for this season with this Ranger team. I love'em but can't stand watching these kind of games anymore. If its not the defensive borefest we saw tonight its the 'Power play Cavalcade Extravaganza !' where each team slugs it out over who can get the most PP goals. And even me, Anti-Fight club Bluenote, was hoping to see a scrap in the middle of that tight defensive game last night.

Old
01-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

How has Shanny played in the last 18 games? 1 goal? He's there to...score goals? I'm not suggesting to bench Shanny, but the question becomes vets get to work out their problems - why can't the kid work out his problems too?
Honestly Fletch, I don't know that the issue is "working out their problems" anymore. If Shanny isn't able to produce any more at ES than Prucha is, then maybe Renney needs to address the strategy he's employing and the players they are skating with instead of just saying, "Oh well, they're in a slump". To me, putting Hossa and Betts on the 2nd line isn't thinking out the box to see if something clicks, it's grasping at straws in desperation.

Old
01-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Good post, exactly how i was feeling after watching last night.

I agree that this new NHL is still not the Hockey i'm accustomed to. I'm seriously thinking of folding it up for this season with this Ranger team. I love'em but can't stand watching these kind of games anymore. If its not the defensive borefest we saw tonight its the 'Power play Cavalcade Extravaganza !' where each team slugs it out over who can get the most PP goals. And even me, Anti-Fight club Bluenote, was hoping to see a scrap in the middle of that tight defensive game last night.
I packed it in long ago with this team. I'm tired of them ruining my night. I've had to endure mediocrity for far too long with this team and I just don't have the endurance for it anymore. Tired of the same old formula. It produces nothing but mediocrity. We'll make the playoffs (or miss them, same difference), get knocked out in round 1, pick the worst possible player in the draft somwhere between 15th-20th, sign of bunch of has-beens to build the team around because Jimmy D. loved his Sega hockey, and start the process over for the next season.

Leaving this team now would be like leaving a wife of 15 years. Yeah, the marriage is bad, but you have so much invested you want keep holding on for that one glimpse of...something. But it never comes and you just keep hanging on. However, if I could turn back the clock, I would have listened to my other friend and became a Devils fan. I'll take their "boring", "disgusting" style of hockey and day over this joke of a franchise.

Old
01-17-2007, 11:39 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
However, the Refs are human.
You won't find me blaming anything on the refs, but Refs read newspapers, internet, and talk to people about hockey.

When something is constantly drilled into your head (the Devils dont take penalties) you may see something as a ref and say "not really a penalty".

Try watching a game with the sound down. Or better yet watch the next Devil/Ranger game on MSG first then FSNY. You'll wonder if they saw the same game.

01-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:

What's funnier is when fans say they would rather them team playing exciting hockey than win Stanley Cups, now that's hysterical.

But what is sad JR is your lack of good taste and sportsmenship again and again towards Devils fans at their expense, you lost to the Devils, so bash their fanbase. Nah, that's not sour grapes.

By the way, I was at the game as well with three Ranger fans and none of them complained about the game being boring and all had a good time. Perhaps you just don't apperciate the sport as much as you think you do.

Quote:
Care to back that up?

01-17-2007, 11:51 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
However, if I could turn back the clock, I would have listened to my other friend and became a Devils fan. I'll take their "boring", "disgusting" style of hockey and day over this joke of a franchise.
Theres nothing wrong with starting over now.

Lots of people get divorced. There's nothing wrong with coming to your senses. There's no shame in admitting you were wrong, and just saying "it didn't work out". It's ok to take your ball and go home.

It sucks that the team you root for just can't win every game. And the worse part is that as a fan you know all of the things your team does wrong, and you can predict them every time.

What's even more grating, is that the Rangers are just a bunch of guys who can skate thrown together, and since they couldn't get real jobs, so they chose to play hockey.

And the coaches. I don't want to get started on them. They probably have nude pictures of someone.

Old
01-17-2007, 11:53 AM
C Alan Adan

Quote:
Are you kidding me or what?

Even the Devil fans I attended the game with last night admitted how little excitment there was in this gtame.

Quality scoring chances? You and I must have a very different view on what constitutes a quality scoring chance but last night there were very few either way.

And I love how you Devil fans write this off as some sort of media fabrication!!!

You guys don't give up any goals BUT you also don't score any goals either...14th out of 15 teams in the east which adds up to what---boring F'in hockey, that's what!

At least stick to the arguement many of your fellow Devil that they actually enjoy this "passive" style of play but don't embaress yourself pretending this is some sort of offbase media fabrication because that is just hyterical.

You never see players and coaches talking so negatively about a teams style of play but how many have stated as much this year about the Devils disgusting style of play?

Are they part of this media conspiricy as well?
Hey, Brodeur got the shutout and the next-day praise, but I honestly felt that Lundquist played better. He made some amazing saves. Take away the truly amazing saves by both goaltenders and that's a Devils 4-1 or 5-1 victory. There were plenty of 2-on-1's, partial breakaways, shots from the slot and on the doorstep. I don't know what game you were watching.

Frankly, if you find that disgusting, then I don't think I have anything to say to you anymore.

Old
01-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Sheets View Post
Hey, Brodeur got the shutout and the next-day praise, but I honestly felt that Lundquist played better. He made some amazing saves. Take away the truly amazing saves by both goaltenders and that's a Devils 4-1 or 5-1 victory. There were plenty of 2-on-1's, partial breakaways, shots from the slot and on the doorstep. I don't know what game you were watching.

Frankly, if you find that disgusting, then I don't think I have anything to say to you anymore.
PLENTY !

ALOT !

These are not words that come to mind when explaining the scoring chances from last nights game. Just becasue Sam or Emerick get 'excited' on a certain call doesn't mean it was a legit oppurtunity. I saw PLENTY of defensive hockey. I saw ALOT of perimeter play in last nights game, thats how i'd describe it. Yes, there were some legit scoring chances, both goalies had to make very good saves, but do I think there was 60, hell even 30 minutes of that kind of hockey? No.

Old
01-17-2007, 12:11 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God View Post
What's funnier is when fans say they would rather them team playing exciting hockey than win Stanley Cups, now that's hysterical.
Some people think that when their team wins, it's somehow a reflection on them, the fans. You can't win every year, but you can be entertained every year.

I too sat with friends of the opposite persuasion, and said to them "how do you sit through 41 games of this?"

I want to be entertained. To me the Devils are not entertaining. They play 60 minutes of defense. It's like a boxing match where 11 rounds are hugging and the 12th round has a knockout.

Knock my guy down a couple of times and watch him struggle to get up only to come back to win. I think they made movie about that?

Old
01-17-2007, 12:18 PM
HBK27

Quote:

Hey, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy last night's game and think the Devils are boring and blah, blah, blah. Sorry, but I really don't give a flying **** anymore if you, the media, other fans, whoever think the Devils are boring. I was excited yesterday leading up to the game, I enjoyed watching the game, and I'm thrilled to be going to see them on Thursday and Saturday.

Every league has teams that play a wide variety of styles - between being extremely offensive at the expense of defense or vice-versa. The Devils are obviously a very defensive team and that's the style they feel gives them the best chance to win. Sucks for you that you have to sit through these games and be bored, but take it up with the league not the Devils because their goal is to win at all costs.

Quote:
Sorry we don't have the ideal location, corporate sponsorship, advantage of being the first team here, or rich long history of your organization. But if you think the sole (or even leading) reason the Devils have attendance trouble (only a few thousand more than the 8K you gave us) is because of the style of play, you're sadly mistaken.

Quote:
I'll say it - we are the most boring team in hockey! Happy? Still, I tune into every single game. I don't know what that says about me. Maybe I'm just easily entertained, or maybe I enjoy some of the finer points of the game as opposed to only the goals.

Quote:
I love how in this day & age low scoring (no matter what league) automatically equates to boring. Maybe you'll just be better served by just watching the highlights instead of the actual game.

Old
01-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
I'll say it - we are the most boring team in hockey! Happy? Still, I tune into every single game. I don't know what that says about me. Maybe I'm just easily entertained, or maybe I enjoy some of the finer points of the game as opposed to only the goals.
All it says that you're a diehard fan.

Quote:
I love how in this day & age low scoring (no matter what league) automatically equates to boring. Maybe you'll just be better served by just watching the highlights instead of the actual game.
Low scoring is exciting if there is a constant exciting flow to the game, last night's game was far from that.

I'm sure Devils fans are excited about winning, which fan wouldn't be, but it's this sort of boring play that's helping the league fold IMO.

Old
01-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Theres nothing wrong with starting over now.
Lots of people get divorced. There's nothing wrong with coming to your senses. There's no shame in admitting you were wrong, and just saying "it didn't work out". It's ok to take your ball and go home.
True. But I think sports is unlike other avenues of entertainment in that you take it with you. There's more invested in a team than there is in, say, a TV show. As I said, it's like a marriage. And when things are bad, it's easy in the mind to just "take your ball and go home", but it's a heavier decision for the heart. It's the memories of the good ole' days that keep you invested and hopeful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
It sucks that the team you root for just can't win every game. And the worse part is that as a fan you know all of the things your team does wrong, and you can predict them every time.
Obviously this isnít about going 82-0 every season. But is it so far-fetched asking the Rangers to ice a competitive team more than once or twice a decade. They've made the playoffs 4 times (I hate having to include last season's no-show as a Playoff appearance, but it's in the books) since winning the Cup 13 years ago! I don't want to go 82-0, but come on!

Old
01-17-2007, 12:49 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God View Post

But what is sad JR is your lack of good taste and sportsmenship again and again towards Devils fans at their expense, you lost to the Devils, so bash their fanbase. Nah, that's not sour grapes.

By the way, I was at the game as well with three Ranger fans and none of them complained about the game being boring and all had a good time. Perhaps you just don't apperciate the sport as much as you think you do.

Care to back that up?
Who said we need firewagon hockey.

I know you being a Devil fans taints your view but there are other ways to win other than the ridiculously boring style of play the Devils deploy(see stanley Cup Champs Carolina and Buff for reference)so let's not try to twist the point by stating that is the only way to success in the NHL.

And please go on with just how entertaining that game was last night and how all 3 NYR fans with you agreed that it was such compelling hockey because I can use a laugh after that disgusting display last night.

Hockey is all about skating and skill and aggression as I said, not ridiculously passive styles where their is almost zero skating involved nor skill on display.

Somebody above made the comparison of a boxing match that has to guys just holding eachother for pretty much the entire match and it's accurate.

There is zero entertainment value in that and I wouldn't spend the money I do on 4 NYR season tix if I had to endure that nonsense night in and out.It may bring better results and I'd probrably still watch on TV but I'd be damned if I would plunk down 8k with the idea of getting some entertainment if that were the case and this is exactly what happens with Devil fans..not many actually pay for seats to see this s%^& live.

As for me proving how the Devils are viewed by everyone outside their own fanbase let's stop playing games because you guys have pages and pages of posts citing all the various fans, players coaches, beat writers who bash their style so just go back and refer to your own message board to prove the point.

Old
01-17-2007, 01:02 PM
DevFan-RU-

Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
Quote:
Who said we need firewagon hockey.

I know you being a Devil fans taints your view but there are other ways to win other than the ridiculously boring style of play the Devils deploy(see stanley Cup Champs Carolina and Buff for reference)so let's not try to twist the point by stating that is the only way to success in the NHL.

And please go on with just how entertaining that game was last night and how all 3 NYR fans with you agreed that it was such compelling hockey because I can use a laugh after that disgusting display last night.

Hockey is all about skating and skill and aggression as I said, not ridiculously passive styles where their is almost zero skating involved nor skill on display.

Somebody above made the comparison of a boxing match that has to guys just holding eachother for pretty much the entire match and it's accurate.

There is zero entertainment value in that and I wouldn't spend the money I do on 4 NYR season tix if I had to endure that nonsense night in and out.It may bring better results and I'd probrably still watch on TV but I'd be damned if I would plunk down 8k with the idea of getting some entertainment if that were the case and this is exactly what happens with Devil fans..not many actually pay for seats to see this s%^& live.

As for me proving how the Devils are viewed by everyone outside their own fanbase let's stop playing games because you guys have pages and pages of posts citing all the various fans, players coaches, beat writers who bash their style so just go back and refer to your own message board to prove the point.
What is even funnier is how this stuff comes out after the Devils beat some team by a one-goal lead over 60 minutes.

The NJ Devils outshot the NY Ranger. They outplayed them. They pressured them. They kept the puck in their own zone. They played good D.

To be honest, if the Rangers played like the Devils did night in and night out, you would be happily insane out of your mind, because you're team would be regarded as a pain in the *** to play by every team. And everyone would dread to play them.

But the situation is reversed. You support the Rangers, a team with a vastly different playing philosophy which I dont understand at all.

Old
01-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
What is even funnier is how this stuff comes out after the Devils beat some team by a one-goal lead over 60 minutes.

The NJ Devils outshot the NY Ranger. They outplayed them. They pressured them. They kept the puck in their own zone. They played good D.

To be honest, if the Rangers played like the Devils did night in and night out, you would be happily insane out of your mind, because you're team would be regarded as a pain in the *** to play by every team. And everyone would dread to play them.

But the situation is reversed. You support the Rangers, a team with a vastly different playing philosophy which I dont understand at all.
How can you not understand Dump n' Watch-the-other-team-beat-you-to-the-puck hockey? With the Devils itís the same thing every season. They come out, win msot of their games, win the division, win the cup. Booooooooring. Where's the excitement in that? I like not knowing which team will show up during any given period of any given game.

Closed Thread