HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban needs to play like Campbell

Old
12-29-2013, 09:21 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Right....

So it's the assistant coaches that are the problem now?

I thought every single one of your posts was fire the coach. But now it's that he has the wrong assistants too? Nice twist to your rethoric I have to say.
Wow. What a concept. A coach who hires his own assistants.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Runner77

vCash: 64551
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
I hate MT has I watch pk's swag fade away.
His swag, his triple-low-five, his thundering hits, his end-to-end rushes -- all sources of entertainment that have been muted even if parts have survived in a less flamboyant form, esp. for Bell Centre patrons who are hoping for some entertainment. Would have mattered less if they were winning convincingly or doing the most basic stuff, like scoring 5 on 5.

What's next -- will they ask PK to ditch the mustard jacket?

Runner77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal961 View Post
P.K Subban needs to play like P.K Subban. The real Subban, not this ******** conservative garbage that Therrien has him playing. Players are at their best when they can play their game and do the things that make them successful. Talk about an ill suited system for this team.
When I first joined here that was one of the first time I started a thread and that was about, namely, should we adopt a run and gun style or stay with Martin's five man low in our zone style. I discussed trading for Campbell and let him mentor Subban. It seems funny to be back talking about the same thing, it's like my deja vu is having a deja vu, lol.

I'd be okay with having a looser system and as long as we had a decent talent level, does it really matter if we aren't built to go far in the playoffs, we aren't built that way now, anyways.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 02:53 AM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

Quote:
He hardly even hits anymore.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 07:46 AM
AllanMTL46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Subban - needs to stop doing the same move over and over. Teams know that he loves holding on to the puck and put two guys on him so he's turning the puck over more often.

Markov - he's done. his foot speed is no longer to be considered a top 4 defenseman. he may be a powerplay quarterback but one hit away from calling it a career.

Gorges - excels defensive zone but doesn't bring anything in the offensive zone. always dump in the corner and it frustrates me.

Emelin - needs time to regain his form. doesn't excel in defensive coverage nor is he an offensive threat.

Boullion - hangs on to the puck thinking he's Bobby Orr and turns back and skates and turning the puck over. This guy should be in Europe.

Diaz - getting better but doesn't know what to do with the puck when he has it.

Our defense is a joke. There's no system what so ever, guys running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

I say Fire JJ and time to remove Thierren as coach. '

Lol, couple weeks ago was a god, extend him, and now he's done. That fanbase .

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 08:09 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
When I first joined here that was one of the first time I started a thread and that was about, namely, should we adopt a run and gun style or stay with Martin's five man low in our zone style. I discussed trading for Campbell and let him mentor Subban. It seems funny to be back talking about the same thing, it's like my deja vu is having a deja vu, lol.

I'd be okay with having a looser system and as long as we had a decent talent level, does it really matter if we aren't built to go far in the playoffs, we aren't built that way now, anyways.
difference is at the time JM was coaching our team, the only offense we had from our back end was rookie P.K. (Markov injured, no Diaz), he was pretty much the only D capable of good transition... and we didnt have the Gallagher and Galchenyuk up front either (and Eller was a rookie)... so while boring, it made sense to play that way...

but now ? we have 3 D who are suposed to be good at transition (PK, Markov and to lesser extent Diaz), and they're asked to dump pucks...

and our forwards, half the top 9 being below 5'10 have to dump behind the opponent net and try to retrieve the puck (puck they had in the first place!)...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 09:00 AM
Joe Cole

This is a serious thread about Subban.

...there I said it without laughing.

Yes, a Norris trophy winner should play more like some one else. This, is a solid plan.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
Lol, couple weeks ago was a god, extend him, and now he's done. That fanbase .
That's right. When Markov pinches on an offensive play, gets beat and can't skate back on time, he's no longer fit for a multi-year deal. All it took for that fanbase to figure it out was the time it required for the play to end.

Last edited by Runner77: 12-30-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old
12-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Craig71

Quote:
PK will be around long after MT is gone and forgotten about.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 11:39 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
PK will be around long after MT is gone and forgotten about.
Well get mt the **** out of here then. THIS is a serious post.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 11:48 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
His swag, his triple-low-five, his thundering hits, his end-to-end rushes -- all sources of entertainment that have been muted even if parts have survived in a less flamboyant form, esp. for Bell Centre patrons who are hoping for some entertainment. Would have mattered less if they were winning convincingly or doing the most basic stuff, like scoring 5 on 5.

What's next -- will they ask PK to ditch the mustard jacket?
If only Therrien had let him keep all that and allowed him to play his game, he might have won a Norris last year

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 12:39 PM
BoNeS42

I can picture this call in my head from Subban.

BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 01:56 PM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Say something productive or get out of my thread. This is a serious thread and I will not let you derail it with your bobble heads and insults.
here's my take: chicken little thread started by a wannabe mod. am i doing it right?

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Jay Wolf

He's learning how to be a grinder. Leave him alone.

Jay Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Forsead

Right now the defensive squad pairings aren't working at all for some reasons...

Change and try :

Emelin - Subban (Emelin on his good side and playing with a guy with pretty good speed)

Markov-Gorges (Each time this has been used, it worked out pretty well)

Yeah 3000 posts !

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 02:16 PM
habscup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
here's my take: chicken little thread started by a wannabe mod. am i doing it right?
That was uncalled for, this is a serious discussion.

habscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 02:28 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
If only Therrien had let him keep all that and allowed him to play his game, he might have won a Norris last year
Yeah, I'm sure Subban's stylistic attributes that he had to tone down, would have lost him the Norris, had he been allowed to continue them.

So long as the end-to-end rushes and thunderous hits don't put the team in jeopardy, what's the big deal? He's an expressive young player, all part of his identity. All this BS about the triple-low-five. Just let the guy be.

Last edited by Runner77: 12-30-2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old
12-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV

Homers and fan boyz can say what they want, PK has been playing like doo-doo ever since the contract talks started. Early december.

2.25 shots/game 0 goals 3 assist -1 and 12 minor penalty in the last 12 games.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post

JM had a much weaker line up on his hands seeing how half the team was always injured during his tenure. Still, our play was organized and he didn't force a dump out of our zone style senselessly. There's no reason for us to constantly dump it, not with our group of guys.

24CH has really been bad for Therrien. They show his lame pee-wee style speeches, they showed him really talk down to his best Dman, they showed him call his small team a grinding one..Really, all the show has done is made him look rather foolish.

I never wanted Campbell though, he's not great in his own. The best mentor for PK was Markov. Didn't need anybody else. But now PK is off his game. He's way more conservative, and it's pretty clear that it's the result of all the bashing he's gotten from his coach about being too risky.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He won the Norris because Therrien made him a better person of course..

Crosby and Malkin don't become superstar without Therrien, he also made them into better persons. PK doesn't win the Norris without Therrien. There was only one way for PK to win a Norris and that was with Therrien making him into a better person.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 04:09 PM
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor

Subban should be emulating Karlsson. Offense first baby, pad the stats. Make fans happy at all the risks he takes. After all, it's about the moral victory of showing how Therrien is wrong in everything he coaches.

SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
That was uncalled for, this is a serious discussion.
You evaded answering the question. The question now becomes why?

Old
12-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
JM had a much weaker line up on his hands seeing how half the team was always injured during his tenure. Still, our play was organized and he didn't force a dump out of our zone style senselessly. There's no reason for us to constantly dump it, not with our group of guys.

24CH has really been bad for Therrien. They show his lame pee-wee style speeches, they showed him really talk down to his best Dman, they showed him call his small team a grinding one..Really, all the show has done is made him look rather foolish.

I never wanted Campbell though, he's not great in his own. The best mentor for PK was Markov. Didn't need anybody else. But now PK is off his game. He's way more conservative, and it's pretty clear that it's the result of all the bashing he's gotten from his coach about being too risky.
So Markov is the best mentor for him but PK has regressed under his tutelage. Am I missing something?

JM had a better lineup then Therrien. Hamrlik + Spacek and Gill + Gorges is >>> The Cube + Gorges and Diaz + Murray.

JM didn't have the players dump the puck out of our zone, rather he let it caroom of our shot blockers out of our end.

Old
12-30-2013, 04:33 PM
CoachBrisebois

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
He's learning how to be a grinder. Leave him alone.
This. It's a facet that was kinda missing from his game, part of his standard progression since junior

CoachBrisebois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Subban should be emulating Karlsson. Offense first baby, pad the stats. Make fans happy at all the risks he takes. After all, it's about the moral victory of showing how Therrien is wrong in everything he coaches.
Remember Subban from last year? The one that was a friggin' all-around force and was playing at almost a PPG pace? The one that won the Norris?

Yeah, that was the Subban that played his own style. That's the beauty of PK, and what coincidentally makes him a whole different player than Karlsson: even when he plays a very offensive minded game, he is still a reliable guy in his own zone. If you feel like he is as effective right now as last season despite producing less, you are kidding yourself. I'm not even willing to say that he's better defensively this season compared to 2012-2013. He's just forced to constantly play on his heels by a ******** coach or else he sees his minutes melt.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote