HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sat., Dec. 28, 2013| Flyers 4 at Oilers 3 (2-1 in the shootout)

Old
12-29-2013, 04:49 PM
CavemanLawyer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseGolfCarts View Post
I noticed this too. Either someone higher up made them and the pre/post game crew to trash Bryz as much as possible or they just really got into this game and wanted nothing more than for Bryz to lose.
During an interview they had a hot mic and were even trashing, making fun of Bryz, and dropping F-bombs when not on air. Suffice to say - I don't think they needed to be persuaded to give Bryz a ribbing on air.

CavemanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 04:55 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
He normally would be IMO but Vinny was put in cause Bryz doesn't know him. Raffl was 3rd for the same reason. G is just G.
Read is pretty good at putting a quick shot thru the 5-hole. And Bryz had a gaping 5-hole last night.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 05:05 PM
VoraceksWristShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion of Goon View Post
He did not lose the game it was a tie
It goes down as a OTL, the L stands for loss. Can't stand Bryz, throwing his stick guy has no class. Not even gonna mention his time in Philly.

VoraceksWristShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 05:52 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Read is pretty good at putting a quick shot thru the 5-hole. And Bryz had a gaping 5-hole last night.
It's not like making Bryz move in the net is some terrible strategy neither. Vinny had him where he wanted him but just couldn't elevate the puck enough.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Curufinwe

He actually should have just tried to slide it thru the 5-hole. It was gaping on Vinny's attempt, too.

Old
12-29-2013, 08:42 PM
ahthorne

Bryzgalov jokes aside, he was pretty good. I can't say I'm a fan of the Oilers at all, though. A bunch of faux-superstars.

I thought Giroux and Voracek are playing at a high level and aside from a few huge defensive lapses I thought the team played okay. Simmonds keeps scoring and the powerplay is on fire.

This defense is usually decent. Slow, but decent. Sometimes I don't get how they allow certain things to happen though - Luke Schenn's spinorama, the majority of Streit's play in his own zone, anything Meszaros does, Coburn's brainfart of a pass ... Meszaros and Streit are just not playing at a high enough level for their caphit. Meszaros is especially horrible and jumps up into the play like he actually has offensive capabilities. At least Streit has a good offensive game even if he hasn't been playing that great.

ahthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 10:32 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
I disagree. he made a lot of mistakes IMHO. I really hope he is gone after this season...
I think he made two glaring ones (one a direct giveaway, one a missed pinch), but other than that nothing really notable either way. I did like Gustafsson's play better in those couple of games (or was it a single one, can't remember) before he got injured. So when he's back, I'd go with him again. Also, as much as I love Streit, that first period was awful for him all around.

Apart from that, I can't believe we needed a shootout to win against the Oilers. In certain parts of the game they just didn't know what to do in the ice, and I've never seen an NHL team so disjointed before. They do have their good moments, but that was just amazing.

Also, what is Petry considered as? Because he just plain sucks. I can't believe he played over 23 minutes.

Last edited by Ryker: 12-29-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Ryker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Tripod

Funny that Yakupov only played 5:31 of ES ice time....lower than Rinaldo!!

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 02:12 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Funny that Yakupov only played 5:31 of ES ice time....lower than Rinaldo!!
Edmonton is gonna Zherdev that guy.

12-30-2013, 02:16 AM
Phileeguy
Thanks, Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Edmonton is gonna Zherdev that guy.
So, he'll join the Flyers in 5 or so years only to fail to produce as we'd hope and go to the KHL?

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 06:45 AM

I swear Simmonds' first goal was actually Giroux's. There's a replay from above and from that view it really looked like it deflected off Bryz's glove rather than Simmonds' stick.

1865 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Akanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
I swear Simmonds' first goal was actually Giroux's. There's a replay from above and from that view it really looked like it deflected off Bryz's glove rather than Simmonds' stick.
I think it hits Schultz first, then Simmonds redirects the puck and Bryz's glove finishes the job.

Last edited by Akanon: 12-30-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Akanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Hiesenberg

That puck looks straight all the way until it hits Bryz. I don't see any deflections

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
That puck looks straight all the way until it hits Bryz. I don't see any deflections
It seems to dip ever so slightly after it goes past Simmers stick... hard to tell but the 2nd GIF makes it look a bit like that.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Akanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
In that first gif it looks like the puck hits Schultz's knee/pants. I'll edit that gif and make it a little more slower.

And if you look at these frames, it looks like Simmonds hits the puck, too.

Akanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Hiesenberg

I'll take your word for it.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 10:05 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Bryz deserves to be trashed as much as possible after his lazy and piss poor performance here with us. He's a joke.
It did look like it changed direction a little as it was going by Simmonds. Dont think Simmonds got much of it but he didnt have to for it to be his goal.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 10:27 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Bryz still looks so lost out there. Such a garbage goalie. Nothing has changed with him. He still has trouble making saves on deflected shots and through screens, still looks terrible going side to side, and he still over-commits. Glad that hack is out of Philly.

Remember, it was all the Flyers organization's fault he struggled, right?

I laughed at the one accidental save he made when Streit took a slapper from the point. Bryz had no idea where the puck was going and it just happened to go right into his glove. Even he was surprised

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 11:07 AM
BackWithaVengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Bryz still looks so lost out there. Such a garbage goalie. Nothing has changed with him. He still has trouble making saves on deflected shots and through screens, still looks terrible going side to side, and he still over-commits. Glad that hack is out of Philly.

I laughed at the one accidental save he made when Streit took a slapper from the point. Bryz had no idea where the puck was going and it just happened to go right into his glove. Even he was surprised
It was hilarious.

Can't wait for the day when the Oilers let him play against the Blackhawks or Penguins for instance.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Harold Bingo
what

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance View Post
It was hilarious.
Hahaha, yes! I was cracking up. The replay was great, the puck goes in his glove and a second later he turns his head and looks at his glove like, "how did that get there?".

Harold Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 12:08 PM
xifentoozlerix

Quote:

Bryz outplayed Mason in that game.

He was a scapegoat while he was here.

xifentoozlerix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Curufinwe

Bryz made more saves, but Mason was not at fault for any of Edmonton's goals and he saved the team's bacon when LSchenn tried to throw the game away. And Mase was better in the shootout.

Old
12-30-2013, 01:38 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp

QUOTE=Bryz outplayed Mason in that game.

i agree.but that doesnt change the fact he was OVERRATED coming out of phoenix where he was product of their excellent defensive system and was completely exposed in philadelphia.what he is is a big adequate goalie (in the right system) not a HUGE MONEY solid starter that can consistently make that big save that wins games,series and cups like the goalie i hoped for.

onlylordsvsmorebp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 01:45 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Bryz made more saves, but Mason was not at fault for any of Edmonton's goals and he saved the team's bacon when LSchenn tried to throw the game away. And Mase was better in the shootout.
That 2nd goal should of been very saveable. From that far out, not screened, and hit off him under his arm.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Yeah, that one was funny as hell But from your post I'm not exactly sure how you saw it, and it almost seems as if you're counting the save against him for some reason or another.

Ryker is online now   Reply With Quote