HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines NEXT season ?

Old
01-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140
Lines NEXT season ?

Since everyone is talking about how re-signing Straka will shape the team next year...let's discuss just that. What do you guys think the lines will be next year?

Here is what I am hoping for:

Straka - Nylander - Jagr

Shanahan - Immonen - Prucha

Ward - Cullen - Dawes

Hollweg - Betts - Ortmayer

Tyutin - Ward

Pock - Staal

Rozsival - Malik

Lundqvist
Montoya?

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 03:12 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Since everyone is talking about how re-signing Straka will shape the team next year...let's discuss just that. What do you guys think the lines will be next year?

Straka - Nylander - Jagr

Ward - Cullen - Dawes

Tyutin - Ward

Pock - Staal

Rozsival - Malik

Lundqvist
Montoya?
That's essentially the same team we have this season, with Immo and Dawes playing full time. I can't see that team being much better than this year's team. Plus, I seriously doubt Shanny will be back.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Actually, its not the same team.

You have Marc Staal playing on second pair full-time with Pock playing full-time

Immonen finally stays with the team...so does Dawes.

Old
01-17-2007, 03:13 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Straka - Nylander - Jagr

Ward - Cullen - Dawes

Tyutin - Ward

Pock - Staal

Rozsival - Malik

Lundqvist
Montoya?
De ja vu.

If that's the case, that team will be as inconsistent as this year's.

01-17-2007, 03:14 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:

Straka - Nylander - Jagr

Ward - Cullen - Dawes

Tyutin - Ward

Pock - Staal

Rozsival - Malik

Lundqvist
Montoya?
I think J. Ward in a UFA at the end of this season and I don't see the Rangers resigning him if they continue to make him a healthy scratch. I would rather see a player like callahan, moore, or byers brought up for that spot if they are ready. I am also starting to feel like Immonen will never get more than 3 or 4 games to show if hes worthy of centering the 2nd line. He needs a good month or so to have a decent shot of showing what he can do. My hope would be to fill that 2nd line center spot with a young UFA if there is the cap space to do so.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Evgeny Oliker

I think that Immonen can center the 2nd line...he clicks well with Shany as Immonen can actually pass the puck well, unline Cullen.

yes, give him a full month on the 2nd line and he will pay dividents!

Old
01-17-2007, 03:18 PM
RFAN

You forgot....

Quote:

You have Marc Staal playing on second pair full-time with Pock playing full-time

You forgot Renny's boy Mr Hossa, he will be our new 2nd line winger!

RFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFAN View Post
You forgot Renny's boy Mr Hossa, he will be our new 2nd line winger!

I hope not to see him next season.

I think the lines I set are realistic. I would like more youth on the team than that...I wish we could get rid of a few more guys, but that's life. Renney is too conservative sometimes...

I hope that we balance out keeping Straka, Nylander, Shany, etc...with at least getting rid of Krog, Hossa, Rachunek, etc...so that we let guys like Immonen and Dawes play.

Old
01-17-2007, 03:28 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I think that Immonen can center the 2nd line...he clicks well with Shany
Based on....?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Based on....?

Based on Immonen being able to find Shany the few times they did play together.

Again, Immonen never got a fair chance to stick around this year...and he never played much with Shany. The few times they did play together, I like their chemistry.

Old
01-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Balej20*

The lines you set for next year are the lines many of us had hoped for coming into THIS season.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 03:38 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

I would be shocked if Shanny was still here next year, unless there's a coaching change promised. Or something crazy happens & the rest of the year goes way above expectations...

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
The lines you set for next year are the lines many of us had hoped for coming into THIS season.
so did I ,so did I!

Considering how conservative Sather and Renney are when it comes to playing youth...I am hoping my wishes will at least come true next year!

Old
01-17-2007, 03:48 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

The more i think about what lines theyll have out there next year, the larger my headache becomes...

Besides, if Renneys the coach theres no reason to make lines - just make a list of the players because hes all over the map with the lines.

Wow, try and think of the future of this team. With Renney screwing youngsters heads and Slats at the helm making deals, who the hell knows whats gonna happen, whos gonna walk and whos gonna come in. Im depressed now.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 03:54 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:

Right, I just don't see Staal, Dawes and Immonen transforming this team into a consistent threat night in, night out, let alone a contender.

The problem in calling out lines for next season is that unless Renney is gone, you know these won't stay intact for more than a game or two. Who ever said it above, these are similar lines to what most of us have wanted all season. I commend you for at least looking down the road- something it seems no one in this organization is capable of doing- but I'm not at all confident that those players will win us any more games.

Old
01-17-2007, 03:54 PM
DontStaal

I can't see us keeping Malik next year or Cullen, who's contract is not made for a 3rd line center. Also, it looks like Renney and the staff are about to part ways with J.Ward. I like the defense, and the possibility of Immonen playing, but I wouldnt be suprised if Dubi gets the shot if he performs better in camp (as he did this year).

Rangers will most likely resign Nylander now that they've resigned Straka, so our 1st line will probably look the same.

I believe this is Shanahan's last season and as much as he has contributed, I rather have a younger player in the lineup. With Shanahan's addition to the team, Prucha's decline in playing time and confidence is obvious.

And Speaking of Prucha, its not even certain he will be on the team past the deadline. Renney ****** everything up. Hossa plays above Prucha, Krog (a career AHLer) becomes our 1st Center after Nylander goes out, and Betts (who has no playmaking ability) gets put on the second line with Shanny.

Now that I'm done ranting, what I'd like to see next year is this:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Immonen-F/A ( any possibilities)
Dawes-Dubi-Ortmeyer
Hossa-Betts-Ward/Hollweg

I like the Defense you mentioned, but I'd keep Rachunek over Malik

and all in all.. no, i dont see us contending next year.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Evgeny Oliker

well, looks like we are all on the same page then...that is ,except RENNEY!

Old
01-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Lines, lines lines....when is enough enough?

You guys who think up these lines had it wrong last year. And then this summer. Then in training camp...it never ends, but still some try to play EHM with these lines, but everytime no one is even close. Now you want to figure out next year!?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 04:03 PM
crisb

No moves what's so ever? And I hate the early prediction. Anything can happen in the summer, and at the deadline.

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 04:04 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFan35 View Post
No moves what's so ever? And I hate the early prediction. Anything can happen in the summer, and at the deadline.
werd... like prucha and montoya for Rucinsky

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 04:14 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Those lines suck. The Rangers need to make at least 2-3 trades/signings during the Summer.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 04:18 PM
shoothepuck

Quote:
well, looks like we are all on the same page then...that is ,except RENNEY!
Renneys the problem..

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 04:27 PM
HAPPY HOUR

O.k I'll play;

1. Straka-Nylander-Jagr
2. Shanahan-Datsyuk-Prucha
3.Dawes-Cullen-Korpikoski
4.Byers-Dubinsky-Hollweg
Callahan- first call-up Gone:Hossa, Kasper (waivers), Weekes ( not a fan at all) Ward (will sign elsewhere). Ward is a Fa correct??? Betts traded for a pick, and Colton Orr in Hartford. (still part of the team cause I like the guy)

Malik-Rozsival
Wescott-Souray
Tyutin-Ward
Baranka-7th

Goaltenders: Lundqvist-Montoya
Some players will be here because they are signed. ex: Malik and Rozsival. If Shanahan resigns then a player like Datsyuk would be a nice reunion. Wescott is tough(in front of the net, and will drop the gloves). Souray with with Jagr ,Nylander and Shanny on the PP?? Very nice. There obviously are more FA's that would look good, but our prospects may be ready next year on the bottom two lines fo 8-12minutes per game. I know this line-up won't happen, nor is it the best, but it is a def upgrade in the on ice product while giving a shot to the prospects. I think the D-is still questionable (at best) but I can't see the Rangers signing three FA D-men, and I think Staal will need a year with the WolfPack.

Last edited by HAPPY HOUR: 01-17-2007 at 05:05 PM.
HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 04:41 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hour View Post
Malik-Rosival
Wescott-Souray
Tyutin-Ward
Baranka-7th
Much props for recommending Duvie!

Old
01-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Ola

Straka-Nylander-Jagr//Probably a lock.
Korpikoski-Cullen-Shanahan//I have Lauri as the leading candidate in this four way race for the 2nd line LW spot.- I think Pyatt could be a great fit on that line too. This spot have been up for grabs for 40+ games now. Nobody have come through. Pyatt is effective defensivly and can hangalong offensivly at a very high level. I think he acutally could have a advantage over Callahan here. But Ryan could take it too. Dawes are on the outside looking in so to speak. My rank for this spot 1. Korpedo 2. Pyatt 3. Callahan 4. Dawes. Thats some good competition.
Prucha-Dubinsky-Ortmayer//Ortmayer is really effective defensivly. A great asset to have for a line like this. If I got a great offensive lw-c duo, and is looking for a defensive RW to pair with them, Orts would be one of the first in the entire league. Prucha and Dubinsky ought to be great fits. Dubs is a good playmaker, but he also must play with someone who can create some buzz. Prucha have played this role with great success in Europe next to Dopita for the Czech National team.
Hollweg-Betts-Hossa// A pure checkingline.

Staal-Rozival
Tyutin-Ward
Pck-Rachunek

//I think Staal will get a good look next to Rozival in next years camp. He moves the puck well. He is great defensivly. Beeing played with Straka-Nylander-Jagr-Rozival would be a tremendous opertunity for him. He would get involved allot in offensive hockey, and defensive hockey, which I think he could handle. Would play in a ton of important situations.

I think this defenitly is the end for Kaspar here. I think Renney don't really see future with Malik. Though our 3rd pairing is a mess. I think, or I know, that the organization would love to see some puckmovement from the 3rd pairing. To help getting the 3rd and 4th line gooing offensivly. Hence the reason we took a shot on Ozolinsh. Rachunek haven't really provided that, while beeing decent most of the time for a 5th/6th D. Pck have his strength from the offensive blueline and in, not out of his own end. But he have potential to play well there, he got the tools, so he could be a option. Would Rachunek be a good fit for him? Maybe Malik is left around to play with Pck and Rachunek becomes the odd man out. Or Malik-Rach is a option. Its possible that Rachunek can step up even more, kind of like Rozival have done.

Atleast this is somewhat how I see the lineup without any trades. Though I defenitly think we will look for a center in the trade market. Sooner or later something will comeup. It always does. In a perfect world I would like to see a trade with Cullen and a couple of prospect/picks for a young and upcomming center. If a UFA center is signed, like Datsyuk, I would like to see a Cullen moved.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote