Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

OHL final trades for 2006-2007 season

Old
01-10-2007, 07:03 PM
ringetterox15

vCash: 500
OHL final trades for 2006-2007 season

im gonna start off by saying how excited i am that guelph got syvret from london...a good player...hopefully a stand out!!! if you have anything to say about the trades that were made...go for it!

ringetterox15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 07:49 PM
toomanymen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringetterox15 View Post
im gonna start off by saying how excited i am that guelph got syvret from london...a good player...hopefully a stand out!!! if you have anything to say about the trades that were made...go for it!

As a Knights fan I am very happy that Corey will go to a team where he will have a clean slate. I'm not sure he'll ever even come close to his brother's career, but he should be serviceable. I'm amazed at the draft picks we got in return for him since he's not really shown much to date. Good luck Syvy!

Last edited by toomanymen: 01-10-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: spelling
toomanymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 08:15 PM
boxall9

Apparently the Knights also signed d-man Jakub Korinek after he was released by Sudbury.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=82756

boxall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 08:28 PM
ringetterox15

someone may have already brought this up...brampton and owen sound made a deal yesterday where brampton traded 2 plays for 1 player from owen sound and SEVEN draft picks...2 being the 1st round import draft!!! im kind of surprised sudbury didnt try to trade staal...jared that is...and know one wanted denver manderson??...no actually he was suppose to be pretty good...what is up with him...hes playing for the dominators?? but the rangers can pull him up??

Old
01-10-2007, 08:44 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
someone may have already brought this up...brampton and owen sound made a deal yesterday where brampton traded 2 plays for 1 player from owen sound and SEVEN draft picks...2 being the 1st round import draft!!! im kind of surprised sudbury didnt try to trade staal...jared that is...and know one wanted denver manderson??...no actually he was suppose to be pretty good...what is up with him...hes playing for the dominators?? but the rangers can pull him up??
Denver Manderson is signed by the Rangers. He's playing with the junior B's now (had a few callups over Christmas as injury replacements) but I would imagine he'll be in Kitchener next year full-time.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:04 PM
ringetterox15

ok...i didnt think that anyone would actually know that answer...lol...but my next question is why does he play for the guelph dominators still...and not the kitchener dutchmen??

Old
01-10-2007, 11:03 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
ok...i didnt think that anyone would actually know that answer...lol...but my next question is why does he play for the guelph dominators still...and not the kitchener dutchmen??
That is a good question, and one I don't have an answer for!

Old
01-11-2007, 11:07 AM
kenadian

It might just be which team they played on when they were drafted...
Sudbury Wolves had 2 players this year playing for the North Bay Skyhawks...while our farm team is the Sudbury Jr. Wolves (Burgess bought the team this past year)

And we will CRUSH the Rangers when we meet in the OHL finals.......

We have Donati now so there......

I guess your happy now Charlie Girl........see ya soon..

kenadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:05 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenadian View Post
Sudbury Wolves had 2 players this year playing for the North Bay Skyhawks...while our farm team is the Sudbury Jr. Wolves (Burgess bought the team this past year)

I'd be more than happy to see the Rangers vs the Wolves in the finals! I have a feeling getting there will be well more than half the battle the way the west looks these days.

And yeah, I'm very happy with the team going forward. I was hoping for a veteran d-man, but I guess Downie will have to do...

Donati should be a great addition to the Wolves!

Old
01-11-2007, 02:52 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxall9 View Post
Apparently the Knights also signed d-man Jakub Korinek after he was released by Sudbury.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=82756
well the knights can kiss success goodbye if this guy is playing in front of mason. this guy is terrible thats why the wolves didn't want him.too slow and they also added soloman to the defense core . on the other hockey forum the knights fans are really ticked off .

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:03 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcrazyman View Post
well the knights can kiss success goodbye if this guy is playing in front of mason. this guy is terrible thats why the wolves didn't want him.too slow and they also added soloman to the defense core . on the other hockey forum the knights fans are really ticked off .

Yeah - it's unfortunately that the OHL has a rule that once you sign a guy you are required to play him regular minutes in every game.

Sucks for the knights.

thomasincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:13 PM
kenadian

Quote:

So you've seen him play how many games?
The reason the Wolves released him is becaused they traded for DAHM who's also an import; so they had 3 on their roster. Simple case of the Wolves needing Lusnak [and his scoring] more than they needed Korinek.

Korinek has the skill set, a good low shot [will wait with the puck until there's traffic in front of teh net before shooting] The only flaw in his game is he does tend to pinch more than the other D, and sometimes get caught......I'm sure he'll get that straightened out in London.

kenadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 05:38 PM
ringetterox15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenadian View Post

ok but are the skyhawks a farm team at all??i mean guelph has a farm team/kitchener has a farm team...denver plays for guelphs, and yet is part of the kitchener roster...who knows..im sure he plays for the dominators though cause i believe i saw him warming up with them around christmas

Old
01-13-2007, 03:27 PM
hockeyprincess

Matthieu Methot has come home!!!!!!
Barrie made a trade to send him to the Ottawa 67's.

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 02:40 PM
SimonTemplar

Quote:
Um cupcrazyman just what does this have to do with success this year.

They are already successful and afr ahead of pre-season expectations carrying so many 16-17 yr olds.

Jakub Korinek costed them exactly $ 0.00

Read on >

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/C...7/3393680.html

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 08:46 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
The Knights fans who are upset are jumping the gun. Soloman is horrible but he was a throw in. Guelph had too many dmen to start and to add another one to the list would kill kids developments. The trade was really a 3rd and 4th for Syvret but they tossed in Soloman. As for the euro pickup, it costed nothing They added a free player, cant go wrong with giving a kid a shot with a new team. He hasn't played yet so we'll see.

ReLyT is offline   Reply With Quote